PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Report Card

shelby
11-04-2007, 06:42 PM
interesting to see almost every unit get As except the special teams, which are usually our best unit...

Quarterbacks: J.P. Losman took out weeks of frustration out on Cincinnati’s 31st-ranked NFL defense, throwing for 295 yards and one touchdown. In typical Losman fashion, he was erratic on half a dozen throws and dead on with many others, keeping the chains moving as the offense rolled up a season-high 479 yards and 33 points. Used his checkoffs a lot better but tossed one bad interception. If he gets the start at Miami, he’ll need similar production to have a shot at winning the starting job back from Trent Edwards. A.

Running backs: Who needs Losman or Edwards when you’ve got Marshawn Lynch? The likeable rookie was a true workhorse with a season-high 29 carries, resulting in his first 100-yard game (153 yards). His 56-yard scamper after breaking free from two Bengals clinched the win with 2:22 left. But the real highlight was Lynch tossing a perfect eight-yard TD option pass to tight end Robert Royal that gave Buffalo the lead for good. A-plus.

Wide receivers:Is it any wonder why Lee Evans is Losman’s campaign manager? The two have a special chemistry as was demonstrated yet again by Evans’ nine catches for 165 yards and a score. Evans made two terrific tiptoe catches on the opening TD drive. Meanwhile, Josh Reed had a nice complementary afternoon with six catches for 55 yards, helping the Bills roll up 15 passing first downs. A.

Tight ends:In addition to his touchdown catch, Royal hauled in a 27-yard reception that converted a third-and-one play and Michael Gaines added two catches, including a 12-yarder to help set up a field goal. Blocking was very good. A.

Offensive line: They weren’t facing the Pittsburgh Steelers exactly, but Jason Peters, Derrick Dockery, Melvin Fowler, Brad Butler and Langston Walker were terrific, particularly in pass protection. Losman wasn’t sacked and had time to knit a sweater on most of his pass completions. Run blocking could’ve been more stout on a delayed handoff to Lynch that lost four yards on first-and-goal at the Bengals’ 1-yard line, one of three failed red zone opportunities. But we’re nitpicking. A.

Defensive line: It was a quiet statistical day for this unit against the pass as Carson Palmer wasn’t sacked while throwing for 271 yards and two touchdowns. But the cumulative impact of Kyle Williams, Larry Tripplett, Chris Kelsay, Aaron Schobel, Anthony Hargrove and John McCargo beating on the Bengals’ front five was felt in Cincinnati rushing for just 28 yards on 17 carries (1.6 average). </B>A.

more.... (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071104/SPORTS03/71104009/1007/SPORTS)

BAM
11-04-2007, 06:45 PM
A's all around for me, except of course ST unit. Today was a total team win I absolutely loved watching this game. Good job today Buffalo.

YardRat
11-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Coaching got an A also.

jmb1099
11-04-2007, 06:51 PM
We're on a winning streak...crazy.

Cntrygal
11-04-2007, 06:54 PM
I was really really impressed with how much time Losman had at times. A few times, I thought I was going to have heart failure just watching him with all that time.

MTBillsFan
11-04-2007, 06:55 PM
We're on a winning streak...crazy.
Isn't GREAT!!

BillsOverDolphins
11-04-2007, 06:58 PM
I was really really impressed with how much time Losman had at times. A few times, I thought I was going to have heart failure just watching him with all that time.
Very true...OL looked amazing today