• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bills Beat Bengals--- My Take

Man. That was far and away the best game the Bills played all year. I was petrified that Cinci's offense was going to own us coming into the game, and I was worried about our offense continuing their futility.

My Take:

Quarterback: If it wasn't Losman's best of his career, it's right up there. Can't take anything away from the kid, overall I thought he was great. Forget the stats which I'm sure will be fired on this board about a million times, the telling play was that 3rd and 6 late in the fourth that he perfectly needled to Lee Evans in perfect stride. One stupid interception aside, Losman played wonderful today. He made a lot of good throws, made a few plays with his feet and showed good command as a quarterback. I'm not going to annoint him anything or even discuss his future based on one game against a woefully weak defense, but he did what he was supposed to do today, and that's win a game. If this organization is even the least bit fair, there's no question he starts at Miami next week. This shouldn't even be a controversy; at least for the next six days. Grade: A

Running: Why did AP have to come in the league this year? If not Lynch would be the top candidate for ROY. How can you not love Marshawn Lynch, this guy is a monster. It's only taken me 8 games to see he's going to join Thurman (if he stays healthy) as an all-time great Bills RB. The ONLY thing that concerns me about him is he takes a ton of hard shots, which could affect him down the line. I'd like to see Wright start getting a few more carries. I dont know how many carries Lynch is on pace for, but I think it's a little too much. Grade: A+++

Receiving: Lee Evans was the man today, he's officially back. He made great catches, many in traffic and fought for the ball like a champ. Josh Reed played well today. Grade: A+

OL: EASILY their best game of the year. EVERYONE blocked great, especially against the pass. Losman had all-day to find guys. The run blocking wasn't great overall, but certainly a big improvement. Peters and Dockery were finally "dominant". I even thought Langston Walker was a stud today. Grade: A+

DL: McCargo had another strong game. The run defense yet again was extremely impressive. Hargrove is an impact player in this rotation. My only concern is they were getting no pash rush through three quarters without the blitzing. Grade: A strong B+

LB: Angelo Crowell was awesome again. Keith Ellison far and away had his best game. DiGorgio was steady. Wire had back to back pressures in the fourth quarter. Grade: A-

Secondary: My unsung game ball goes to George Wilson. He was making hits all over the place, including the sideline jolt to Ocho NoShow. He's really athletic back there. McGee and Greer were solid. McGee dropped an interception for the 5th time this year, he's got to come down with them more. Whitner was efficient and the hit on CJ put him on a stretcher. Grade: A- (gave up a lot of yards but considering the offense they went against, it was a good job)

My criticisms.
    * We have to score better inside the red zone. It seems like we "settle" too much when we get inside there. The Lynch pass was a nice wrinkle and called on 2nd down (which meant he could've thrown it away if Royal wasn't open). I didn't like a couple of calls, but overall the coaching was pretty good. Still, if we don't do a better job in the red zone it's going to bite us a game or two.

*Losman played a VERY good game, but that interception was just stupid. I'm still petrified of him getting rattled with pressure; we barely saw any of that from the Bengals today.

Summary
    It's starting to feel good to be a Bills fan again. If nothing else, they're at least winning the game's they're supposed to, and you can't penalize them for that. This was a very enjoyable game in almost every facet. At 4-4 with Miami next on the docket, maybe the talk for now should stop talking about the future of the QB situation, and we can focus on winning the PRESENT games. I'm farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from ready to say JP deserves any monster extension, but only an idiot would say he shouldn't be under center for next week's game.

GAME BALLS: Losman, Lynch, Evans, the ENTIRE offensive line, Crowell and George WIlson.
    well done, Bills.
    Last edited by patmoran2006; 11-04-2007, 08:17 PM.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Bills Beat Bengals--- My Take

Pretty much pegged it pat, good game all around.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Try and figure Fairchild out. He is so conservative and predictable in the red zone and then he calls a half back pass... I am not saying he needs to show more trickery in the red zone but wish he would stop being so predictable.
      Definite kudos to this team. Very strong game. Offense and defense played solid.
      Special teams actually had an off day but luckily the other guys picked up the slack.
      How about that run by Lynch to score the game deciding TD. Cincy loaded the box yet he once again broke tackles and scored. WM would of been tackled for a loss. Great heart.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
        • Jul 2002

Wow. Hell of a post, Pat. I agree with everything you said.
        Too bad I got the dreaded "You have given out too much reputation in the past 24 hours" message.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

BTW.

Lynch is on pace fro 1386 yards. Not bad for a rook'.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Pat good post, however:

1) Were you watching the same George Wilson I was? The sooner Yobouty comes back the better.

2) Our pass rush is downright embarrassing. I watched Schobel get dominated with a single team. They actually moved him behind Kelsay and had Hargrove in his spot. Of course Hargrove played better which begs the question on why did we give Schobel an extension? And please never, ever compare Schobel to Dwight Freeney again. I watched him today and he's a stud DE, not Schobel.

Other than that Losman did play an exceptional game and it's apparant that the team wants him as the starter. It's his job to lose at this point. Putting Edwards back in doesn't make any sense unless Losman stumbles.

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

Just wondering, is Peterson on pace for 2k?

I felt Wilson was a liability today. He missed a easy tackle that sprung that long screen play, and was late on coverage a few times. I can live with it though, considering his and our situation and what he done before.

McGee was a stud today, although he did drop that pick. He played superbly for the first time this season IMO.

Comment

• Slim
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                BTW.

Lynch is on pace fro 1386 yards. Not bad for a rook'.
                I could see him pushing 1400.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

i think peterson went over 1k today. i'll have to check it. but 1k in week 9 is impressive.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                    i think peterson went over 1k today. i'll have to check it. but 1k in week 9 is impressive.
                    He did!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

i was under the impression that the pick losman threw was into the wind and shortened it just enough to cause the pick. i think it was the right throw.. just not hard enough.. if he puts 10 more feet on it, it is a td to evans.. the announcer said that the wind that direction was pretty stiff and it looked like the wind floated it just enough to cause the pick.. not that it wasnt a bad throw, but i think it was the right throw in that spot.

i hope roscoe is ok.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        Pat good post, however:

1) Were you watching the same George Wilson I was? The sooner Yobouty comes back the better.

2) Our pass rush is downright embarrassing. I watched Schobel get dominated with a single team. They actually moved him behind Kelsay and had Hargrove in his spot. Of course Hargrove played better which begs the question on why did we give Schobel an extension? And please never, ever compare Schobel to Dwight Freeney again. I watched him today and he's a stud DE, not Schobel.

Other than that Losman did play an exceptional game and it's apparant that the team wants him as the starter. It's his job to lose at this point. Putting Edwards back in doesn't make any sense unless Losman stumbles.
                        What is your #1 about? Yobouty coming back is going to take him out of the lineup how?

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

yeah.. youboty will be sitting behind greer.. there is no debate on that.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• cordog
                            eat, drink, and be merry
                            • Apr 2003

Your absolutely right about that 3rd and 6 play Pat. If that doesn't happen, Lynch doesnt get his TD run and Cincy is still in the game. I don't care what defense Losman was playing against today. The pressue was on Losman this game. He had to put up or shut up and he delivered.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                              • Jul 2002

My take is that the Bills are career enders.

Tom Olividotti. Fired after Bills game.

Don Shula. Retired after Bills game.

Chad Pennington. Lost job after Bills game.

Marivn Lewis. If he is gone after the season, he can look back to 11/4.

Comment

Working...
                              X