X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Can we all agree?

We are 4-4. I like Edwards but JP got a win and managed a good game today.

The coaching staff made gutsy calls and "opened" up the playbook.

The coaching staff has gotten a mediocre talent, injury riddled, team to .500.

Losman led us to 459 yards of offense today.

What do my favorite Bills fans at the zone think???
  • PromoTheRobot
    • Sep 2003

Re: Can we all agree?

Congrats to JP for probably the best game of his career. Does he need to be benched to get him fired up like that? (Remember he got replaced by Holcomb last year, only to come back and go on a tear.) Makes me wonder in Jauron was trying to motivate him by starting Edwards.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

I'll admit im impress with JP today. I said he needed a big game to keep his job and he delivered now he needs to build on this.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

if they bench him going into the miami game (arguable as bad a d as cincy) after he put up 450 in offense, they are ****ing stupid. the team would go absolutely ape****.. lee evans especially.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• kinigirly
          • Sep 2005

i haven't seen jp so confident and comfortable in long while. i will echo what some other people have said though. my concern with jp has always been handling pressure. if he starts the pats game, we'll see if loses his cool or if he's put it behind him.
          i think fairchild opened up the book because he wasn't scared to death of cinci. i think it'll be open next week. then against the pats we'll go mad conservative again.
          as for dick, he's a politician.
          the team as a whole is finding their groove and look good.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

I think I'm happy.

I'm also thinking that I would be a LOT happier if we hadn't blown two last-second leads and were 6-2.

Nevertheless, I'm happy.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
              • May 2003

It's great to win the games we should! It would be AWESOME if we could've stollen the games from Dallas and the Donkies! I'm pleased with the teams progression and hardwork!

GO BILLS!
              Send me some wings!

Comment

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Not that I'm your favorite Bills fans, but I'll chime in anyway;

It was a nice game and entertaining to watch, which is unusual for this team even in wins typically. Against the backdrop of the bigger picture however I remain utterly unenthused.

Three of our four wins were vs. the Jets (1-7) and Bengals (2-6). The Jets only win was vs. the Bengals for what that's worth.

This is typical of what we've seen for 6 or 7 seasons at least now even in our best seasons. We don't have a team that is capable of competing with even the league's mediocre teams routinely and without mitigators or "equalizers" in games and are at the mercy of favorable circumstances or soft opponents on our schedule.

Once again a team's primary offensive player had a case of the dropsies that helped us out.

Lynch was 28 for 97 and only 3.5 yards-per-carry prior to our last play of the game and his last TD run, which is normally fine, but he/we should have been able to do more in the prior 57.x minutes vs. Cincy. He could just as easily have been tackled for a loss too and probably should have been except for the extremely poor tackling by not one, but three Cincy defenders.

We logged no sacks and still struggled in the red zone.

Fun and entertaining, for a change, but not many positives to really hang our hats on going forward.

As well, the play of Evans, who's a stud, over the past two weeks merely indicts our coaching over the first 6 games. When you have coaches that need a 2x4 slap across the face, as ours so often do, in order to highlight the obvious positives for them, then it's not a good thing since that's the way they are all the time.

Comment

• more cowbell
                  • Apr 2006

The Jets lost to the Benglals
                  The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

I'm happy with the outcome. Let's see if JP can continue the good play against the inept Dolphins.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I disagree with you on the talent level of the team, HHurricane. They are certainly not in the same league as New England and Indianapolis in terms of their talent, but I think they're a little better than mediocre. They have some minor holes, but the gaping holes from past years have mostly been filled. The problem is much of their talent is so young it's hard to know what they have and a little scary to have to rely on it.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Crisis
                        • Aug 2004

Jets only win is vs Miami not Cinci.
                        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        Vanek is Austrian not European
                        Originally posted by Prov401
                        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                        Originally posted by better days
                        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisis
                          Jets only win is vs Miami not Cinci.
                          You are correct. My bad. The Jets best offensive game was vs. the Bengals.

My larger point stands, the Bengals have been one of the league's whipping boys this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisis
                            Just ignore him.

He just takes out his miserable lonely life out on a game that's made for us to enjoy.
                            Was I fair, or not Crisis?

Am I wrong, are these threads not for discussing how we play, the overall games, the circumstances of the season, etc.

Let me ask you, let's suppose for a second that on the game's last play for us Lynch gets tackled behind the line of scrimmage setting up what would have been a 2nd-and-12 or so and we fail to convert for a 1st down and have to punt. That's a very fair and honest scenario assuming that you can be intellectually honest and see that at least two, really three players missed a tackle on Lynch, two that had him firmly, namely can be written up as awful tackling.

Regardless, let's suppose that happens merely for the sake of argument. The Bungals get the ball back, and Palmer and their passing game, which clearly was working, scores to win by 2.

How does that alter the mentality here?

I see a drastic difference quite frankly with tantrum throwers like Mad Bomber crying like a little girl at a state fair that whose cotton candy fell into the commode.

Yet, that scenario, particularly given the Bills finishing history, probably wouldn't have been very unlikely if a few Bengals players can make a simple tackle.

Yet, for nearly 58 minutes we struggled, at home, against one of the most hapless and miserable teams in the league, and now I'm taking heat for merely suggesting that while it was an entertaining game, it wasn't any harbinger of future greatness?

Sure, whatever.

I'd suggest reality checks and emotional exams for Mad Bomber for starters.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                              The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                              • Feb 2005

Wys, I did not think there was anything wrong with your initial post... its your opinion and you voiced it rationally and with no trash talking...

I think MB's isssue is that you may have waited till the cold hard reality of monday morning hit before you pooped on the Parade :)
                              In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

Working...
                              X