PDA

View Full Version : Lynch's running

hurls
11-05-2007, 06:40 AM
Much has been said about Lynch's running downing the Bengals. Take away the big TD, he really only had 97 yards on 28 carries, almost 3.5 y/c. Not really that great, but I have to agree that his running does take a toll on the defenders. The kid keeps his legs moving making as many tacklers as possible to bring him down. This is totally opposite of Willis, who would avg similar numbers, but never seemed to wear a D down. I'm happy the Bills have Lynch, and am confident that that 3.5 y/c avg will keep increasing by each game. That TD run was a thing of beauty, as I thought, "CRAP!!", when he hit the line. Lets hope he stays and makes the Wall someday! :gobills:

Confused
11-05-2007, 06:51 AM
he's way faster than I thought he was

hurls
11-05-2007, 06:53 AM
It was as if Lynch suckered the whole D in to the middle, then in Chris Berman's words, "WHOPP!"

SquishDaFish
11-05-2007, 06:55 AM
He inflicts damage when someone goes to tackle him thats what I like. He puts his shoulderpads down and hits the defenders and keeps his legs moving.

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 07:08 AM
He inflicts damage when someone goes to tackle him thats what I like. He puts his shoulderpads down and hits the defenders and keeps his legs moving.

He grinds them down for the next time he takes the road, people have a way of remembering the pain from the last time they tried to tackle him.

FlyingDutchman
11-05-2007, 07:13 AM
he's way faster than I thought he was

Agreed. I was at the game and sitting at kind of a bad angle for that big run, but when i watched the highlights, i was amazed at his burst of speed in his first couple of steps when he got around the line.

Jeff1220
11-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Isn't that run by Lynch already longer than any run McGahee had in 3 seasons as a Bill?:respect:

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2007, 07:20 AM
His breakaway speed was impressive.

lordofgun
11-05-2007, 07:36 AM
If you keep taking away his longest run, I'm going to hurl.

Philagape
11-05-2007, 07:41 AM
It's a good thing he's a beast, because the run blocking was still atrocious. Even on the big TD, there were two Bengals who had him well into the backfield, but he broke away. He's literally carrying the running game on his back. Lynch could be our best draft pick in 20 years.

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 07:47 AM
It's a good thing he's a beast, because the run blocking was still atrocious. Even on the big TD, there were two Bengals who had him well into the backfield, but he broke away. He's literally carrying the running game on his back. Lynch could be our best draft pick in 20 years.

Great post. If he was running behind the line that Peterson is maybe we would be talking about a different rookie of the year.

McNally reallly has to go because this line has enough talent to be better than they are.

RockStar36
11-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Isn't that run by Lynch already longer than any run McGahee had in 3 seasons as a Bill?:respect:

No.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Peterson had like 43 yards in the first half and two TDs big TD runs.