PDA

View Full Version : Let me take the drama out of the JP debate.

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Edwards didn't even suit up for the game and could barely move it this past Thursday so here's where all of this is going:

1) JP will definately start against Miami so we can all lose the 80 "what if" threads.

2) Jauron has actually been praised outside of Buffalo on what a good job he has done managing the whole QB debate. He has said nothing that puts him in a bad spot to stick with JP. Where did he say that Edwards is the starter no-matter-what? JP can't get the job back the same way Edwards got it?

3) JP's future is clearly in his hands. I did watch JP carefully and there were several times where his indecision caused him to either panic or scramble. Please watch the replay tonight if possible on NFL Network. He's just not comfortable throwing some of the patterns and when he delays on the decision it causes isssues.

I think Edwards is the better QB but I could be wrong. I like JP, and he played well enough for us to win. If he doesn't stumble than that most likely means that we are in the playoffs and he stays a Bill for a long time. If he does stumble than Edwards will be back in soon enough.

Yes???

Meathead
11-05-2007, 08:57 AM
:lolpoint: haters

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm one of the biggest Losman skeptics, but there's no reason he shouldn't start vs Miami.

Philagape
11-05-2007, 09:14 AM
This is setting up to be 2004 all over again. Bledsoe goes on a hot streak against cream puffs, team in playoff contention, then he fails his final test.

mybills
11-05-2007, 09:28 AM
What you see as indecision causing him to either panic or scramble I see as nobody open so he decides to scramble. Trent has done the same thing. I believe he got the 1st down in one of the earlier games by doing just that.

Whatever.

djjimkelly
11-05-2007, 09:48 AM
What you see as indecision causing him to either panic or scramble I see as nobody open so he decides to scramble. Trent has done the same thing. I believe he got the 1st down in one of the earlier games by doing just that.

Whatever.

exactly he rushed a few times to either set up a managable 3rd down.

or he rushed to pick up a sweet first down. i dont see why this is even questioned when the end result is a good thing.

LOL should he have forced a ball into coverage when he had tons of space open to get a easy first down.

people act like brady never tucks it and runs becuz i know everyone likes to have brady as the bar we measure against

madness
11-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Edwards didn't even suit up for the game and could barely move it this past Thursday so here's where all of this is going:

1) JP will definately start against Miami so we can all lose the 80 "what if" threads.

2) Jauron has actually been praised outside of Buffalo on what a good job he has done managing the whole QB debate. He has said nothing that puts him in a bad spot to stick with JP. Where did he say that Edwards is the starter no-matter-what? JP can't get the job back the same way Edwards got it?

3) JP's future is clearly in his hands. I did watch JP carefully and there were several times where his indecision caused him to either panic or scramble. Please watch the replay tonight if possible on NFL Network. He's just not comfortable throwing some of the patterns and when he delays on the decision it causes isssues.

I think Edwards is the better QB but I could be wrong. I like JP, and he played well enough for us to win. If he doesn't stumble than that most likely means that we are in the playoffs and he stays a Bill for a long time. If he does stumble than Edwards will be back in soon enough.

Yes???

I love your second point. Word around the league is that everyone recognizes what a great job Jauron is doing in Buffalo overall... and that was before the Cincy game.

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm one of the biggest Losman skeptics, but there's no reason he shouldn't start vs Miami.
If Trent is healthy he should start. He's the future. Ralphy decided that . Might as well get started. The sooner he gets experience the better for the future since Ralphy doesn't care about NOW.

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 10:36 AM

Whatever.

This what I hate about people that just hitch their wagon to one QB or the other.

I gave JP his props but I was with a bunch of Bills fans that saw the same thing I did. That's why I asked people to rewatch the game.

The difference btween you and I is that I can be objective. I have already stated that JP should keep playing.

In your eyes JP can do no wrong. Did you think his pick was a good play because that was downright terrible. I didn't say we should bench him because of that.

mybills
11-05-2007, 11:14 AM
This what I hate about people that just hitch their wagon to one QB or the other.

I gave JP his props but I was with a bunch of Bills fans that saw the same thing I did. That's why I asked people to rewatch the game.

The difference btween you and I is that I can be objective. I have already stated that JP should keep playing.

In your eyes JP can do no wrong. Did you think his pick was a good play because that was downright terrible. I didn't say we should bench him because of that.
You're not being objective. You're being paranoid. All I said was that they both do that. Sometimes you just have to scramble. It has nothing to do with "panic" your word, not mine.
I don't think either of them look panicky when they realize they have to run. They make the decision and go for it. JP's pick was just as sickening as all of Trents. (He's had more).

p.s. You put the drama in. :;

Meathead
11-05-2007, 11:19 AM
jp had two bad plays all game

the pick was bad, esp since it was six if he throws it to the back corner instead of the flag

the balloon heave was bad and was lucky it wasnt picked off

jp had about twenty five good plays all game and about ten terriffic ones

qb controversy? puh

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 11:28 AM
I think Edwards is the better QB but I could be wrong.

When Trent is the qb the O "plays not to lose"

When JP is in the O plays to win.

I'll make it easy on you. The jets game. Same opponent, same players on the same day. The O is playing not to lose while hoping the D can win the game.

JP comes in and bam. TD Evans. Bills win.

mybills
11-05-2007, 11:33 AM
jp had two bad plays all game

the pick was bad, esp since it was six if he throws it to the back corner instead of the flag

the balloon heave was bad and was lucky it wasnt picked off

jp had about twenty five good plays all game and about ten terriffic ones

qb controversy? puh
If you noticed, that balloon heave was more to the side of the field. Maybe he was hoping Parrish could go after it, and hoping it would bounce out if he didn't. Parrish had 3 defenders on him on that play, and all 4 of them couldn't get to the ball before it hit the turf.

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2007, 11:50 AM
JP played well. Even when he plays well, he looks panicky and has happy feet. Any idiot can see that. It's probably always how he's going to be, and it's JUST an observation, nothing less.

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 11:52 AM
JP played well. Even when he plays well, he looks panicky and has happy feet. Any idiot can see that. It's probably always how he's going to be, and it's JUST an observation, nothing less.
twinkle toes.

acehole
11-05-2007, 12:14 PM

I am with him on the disagreement. JP hade one of the lowest INT % in school.
The fact that on those plays you mentioned it ended up in pos yards is a plus. It
seems like we are in opposite land here. The guys getting all the picks is the one
being called the "Better" Qb...the guy throwing all the TD's is being called not as good.
I agree to not have this debate as he is probably starting agianst Miami...so lets talk
about this after next week. I am suprised after that game that we are still finding things to fault JP with......