Do you agree with Jerry Sullivan this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Do you agree with Jerry Sullivan this week?

Losman fans will probably not agree!

Beware of Sarcasm
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Do you agree with Jerry Sullivan this week?

Not a bad article. But NOONE knows how Edwards would of done. Its not guaranteed. You liked the article soo much you had to post it twice huh LOL

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Thank you Sulivan for pointing out what some here have already forgotten:

We still have a raging quarterback controversy on our hands. You don’t prove you’re a franchise quarterback, worthy of a big contract extension, by beating one of the league’s worst defenses at home. You do that against the better defenses, on the road and in games with greater playoff significance.

So Losman still has lots to prove, and there’s no guarantee that Jauron will stick with him when Edwards gets healthy. Losman said the only thing he can do is make the coach’s decision harder, and he did that Sunday. It wasn’t just Losman’s play, but the way the offense rallied around him.

It’s unclear how many Bills were upset when Losman lost his starting job to Edwards. But the offense played with a palpable resolve on Sunday, like a unit that wanted to perform at its best for an embattled teammate. It was encouraging to see, regardless of where you stand on the Losman-Edwards debate.

“We’re showing we’re a very close team,” Losman said. “I know you guys can see that. It’s evident. We have a lot of friends, a lot of people wanting to do things for each other, a lot of people hanging out with each other outside the facility. And all those things are paying off. It’s very intertwined, and a lot of good things are going on.”

That’s been lost somewhat in the furor over the QBs.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
        Not a bad article. But NOONE knows how Edwards would of done. Its not guaranteed. You liked the article soo much you had to post it twice huh LOL
        True, but we do know what he is capable of doing.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
          True, but we do know what he is capable of doing.
          Throw one TD every five games?

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

We still have a raging quarterback controversy on our hands. You don’t prove you’re a franchise quarterback, worthy of a big contract extension, by beating one of the league’s worst defenses at home. You do that against the better defenses, on the road and in games with greater playoff significance.
            WHo's talking about being the franchise qb? We're just trying to find out who's the better qb now. It's been answered regardless of who we played.

[I]So Losman still has lots to prove, and there’s no guarantee that Jauron will stick with him when Edwards gets healthy.
            We all knew that coming into the season. All we were hoping for was for him to have a chance to prove himself. That got sidetracked when the owner decided to stick his senile head into things.

It’s unclear how many Bills were upset when Losman lost his starting job to Edwards. But the offense played with a palpable resolve on Sunday, like a unit that wanted to perform at its best for an embattled teammate. It was encouraging to see, regardless of where you stand on the Losman-Edwards debate.

“We’re showing we’re a very close team,” Losman said. “I know you guys can see that. It’s evident. We have a lot of friends, a lot of people wanting to do things for each other, a lot of people hanging out with each other outside the facility. And all those things are paying off. It’s very intertwined, and a lot of good things are going on.”

That’s been lost somewhat in the furor over the QBs.
            YUP, the teammates have SPOKEN. I'm sure there are posters here who know better though.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. My point is that there is a QB controversy still lingering over this team and suddenly everyone seems to forget that after 1 decisive win.

I've never chosen sides on this QB thing and I'm not about to let one of you decide that for me. My point with Edwards is that he has more success on the field this year then Losman, try not to forget that.

Comment

• colin
                Drew's my hero!
                • Jul 2002

i don't think there is much of a contraversy. we've won 4 of 5, and were soo close to being 5 in a row.

we've had 2 qb switches due to injury over that time. we've won with O, with D, and with special teams. i don't think anyone on the bills is thinking the management and coaching can't put them in a position to win. i also don't think guys are worried about raw deals, they are thinking if you come out and play you got a shot at a spot.

i am still not sold on fairchild just like i am not sold on losman (and prolly never will be), but overall our coaches are pretty solid thus far and our team is all ass and attitude, not buckling at all.

i like it.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. My point is that there is a QB controversy still lingering over this team and suddenly everyone seems to forget that after 1 decisive win.

I've never chosen sides on this QB thing and I'm not about to let one of you decide that for me. My point with Edwards is that he has more success on the field this year then Losman, try not to forget that.

actually i dont think edwards has had more success.

hear me out.

JP had team in lead vs denver with most conservative gameplan EVER. 1 special teams TD

JP also wasnt allowed to do **** vs pitt under 20 attempts just sad.

edwards had the D and special teams score 21 and put up 3. edwards didnt have team set to win the D did.

edwards beat the jets

JP came in 3-3 beat the jets

edwards beat the ravens who had 7 count em 7 starters out. and god help if boller was decent thank god hes not.

JP led team to highest yardage output in 5 years this weekend. and people can say 31st D but u know what. im sure we have played worse D's over the last 5 years. he still had best offensive day in last 5 years!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wally
                    Losman fans will probably not agree!

Why does it have to be "Losman fans" ?

How about "bills fans that want to win NOW tand want the best players in there will not agree. "
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

I stopped reading after this part.

After the Dallas loss, when the Bills were at their absolute low point, coach Dick Jauron told his team to put it behind them and move on. We’re about to begin a new season, an 11-game season, Jauron said, and there’s no reason we can’t win them all.

The Bills were just young and naive enough to believe it.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

You guys are hilarious. I'll bring this thread back up next week when Jauron has to make a desicion.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

When a coach says to his team, "there’s no reason we can’t win them all." it's to encourage them to fight on. This clown turns it into them being naive? Why doesn't he just call them stupid.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                            When a coach says to his team, "there’s no reason we can’t win them all." it's to encourage them to fight on. This clown turns it into them being naive? Why doesn't he just call them stupid.
                            There is a lot to dislike about dear ol' Dick. His style of coaching is something that leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I honestly don't understand how he's motivated this team to win anything as most of what I hear coming out his mouth has negative connotation.

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

sullivan
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X