PDA

View Full Version : Bills-Cincinatti wasn't in HD????

Cleve
11-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I have Time Warner's HD package - neither the Buffalo or Rochester station had an HD broadcast of yesterday's Bills game. Yet the 4 pm game - the Browns vs Seattle - WAS in HD.

That pissed me off! Did anyone else have this problem? Why wasn't it in HD? Don't the Bills rate HD anymore?

JJamezz
11-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Because CBS doesn't have enough HD rigs yet to cover every game. Yes, they're expensive - ie. many millions of dollars apiece - but its inexcusable at this point.

On a side note, I don't know if anybody else noticed this, but during the Cowboys Eagles game they showed a few clips of Chad Johnson's injury, and some of them WERE in HD.. Very strange. I figured either they had a full HD rig or nothing, I guess that's not true and they had one HD camera at the game.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Because CBS doesn't have enough HD rigs yet to cover every game. Yes, they're expensive - ie. many millions of dollars apiece - but its inexcusable at this point.

On a side note, I don't know if anybody else noticed this, but during the Cowboys Eagles game they showed a few clips of Chad Johnson's injury, and some of them WERE in HD.. Very strange. I figured either they had a full HD rig or nothing, I guess that's not true and they had one HD camera at the game.

they might have gotten them from the stadium video. The Bills have an HD scoreboard and their own HD cameras to get the video for it.

and yes, Bills-Bengals was the ONLY NFL game not in HD this week- even Oakland/Tennesee was in HD. CBS ****ing blows.

JJamezz
11-05-2007, 09:40 AM
they might have gotten them from the stadium video. The Bills have an HD scoreboard and their own HD cameras to get the video for it.

Ah, ok, I didn't know that, thanks.

So individual teams can afford the equipment, but CBS can't! LOL..

What I don't get is that it looks like they are ONLY SHORT ONE HD rig this year - I mean WTF?

Cleve
11-05-2007, 11:15 AM
It's bad enough that because of the size of our stadium, and the climate, we get inevitably get games 'blacked out'. But the games they do show aren't in HD because CBS can't afford enough cameras to get the job done? What a bunch of crap.

Here's the CBS Sports comment page - we home theatre guys should let em know what we think

http://www.sportsline.com/help/contactus/usersspeak

Hamilton Billsfan
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
The was supposed to be on CTVHD here but they ended up showing the Lions game........was very disappointed.....not going to have a problem in 2 weeks I hear......:popcorn:

Cleve
11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
In addition to CBS, I sent a complaint letter about yesterday's substandard broadcast to Time Warner's Rochester division. I told them it's bad enough they offer so few HD channels in comparison to Dish Network - and now the few channels they do have are broadcasting NFL games in SD.

If they want me to pay a premium to them for HD, they should do something to keep this from happening.

The feedback link for TW Rochester is here

http://twc.twrochester.com/feedback.cfm

DynaPaul
11-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Here in Albany it was shown on the HD channel but the video didn't look as sharp as ESPN or Fox coverage. I wonder if they just mock HD'ed the game so they could put it on the HD channel? Anyone know? On the technical side I think they use CBR (constant bit rate) technology because everytime a lot of action happens on the field the video is a bit choppy and pixelated. It shouldn't do that on the HD channel.