PDA

View Full Version : Call me a dillusional idiot homer but...

jpdex12
11-05-2007, 09:39 AM
not looking past the Miami game, we are going to beat the Pats at home and break into the limelight this year.

We came close to doing it against Dallas. Our fans will be just as much a factor in two weeks and I can see it happening.

JJamezz
11-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Dick better get cracking on intercepting those headphone frequencies! :up:

THATHURMANATOR
11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Lets not get crazy here.

Philagape
11-05-2007, 09:46 AM
You're a dillusional homer.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 09:46 AM
No one will beat the Pats. They won the Super Bowl yesterday. 19-0. It pains me to say it, but NO ONE in this league can hang with these guys. Indy is the next best team- they couldn't beat them at home, and if they meet again in the playoffs, it will be outdoors in NE with the January elements.

Mahdi
11-05-2007, 09:47 AM
not looking past the Miami game, we are going to beat the Pats at home and break into the limelight this year.

We came close to doing it against Dallas. Our fans will be just as much a factor in two weeks and I can see it happening.
you'ra a dillusional idiot homer!

ok jk,,,,, I have a good feeling about that game also,,,, plus im going to that game!

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 10:22 AM
No one will beat the Pats. They won the Super Bowl yesterday. 19-0. It pains me to say it, but NO ONE in this league can hang with these guys. Indy is the next best team- they couldn't beat them at home, and if they meet again in the playoffs, it will be outdoors in NE with the January elements.

You we're pretty sure about us losing to cinci as well, that blew up so why can't this??

Brady looked human yesterday and it's going to be loud in the Ralph, we win it.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 10:25 AM
You we're pretty sure about us losing to cinci as well, that blew up so why can't this??

Brady looked human yesterday and it's going to be loud in the Ralph, we win it.

No one in the league can beat the Patriots- I'm sure of that.

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 10:27 AM
No one in the league can beat the Patriots- I'm sure of that.

Umm, what about if Brady gets injured?? If you saw their backup come in and throw a INT against Miami that JT ran in for a TD you'd understand that short of Tom their team has weaknesses.

cocamide
11-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Let's play Miami first. Miami would love nothing more than to break their losing streak against us. After that, we can start praying for a win against NE.

BillsOverDolphins
11-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Barring an injury to Brady, there is no way on God's green earth that we beat New England. NOT HAPPENING PEOPLE. I will be greatly impressed if they play NE close and show signs of improvement, but you're asking the impossible. I'll bet my unborn children that we lose that game

Carlton Bailey
11-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Assuming the Bills beat Miami and surpass the .500 mark, the fans at RWS in two weeks might be even rowdier than they were v. Dallas. Whether that means anything, we'll see.

Pride
11-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Looking past Miami is exactly what this team CANNOT afford to do! Miami is beatable... but not if you look past them to New England.

How about rather than thinking about entering the limelight for beating the unbeated Pats... how about we focus on not entering the limelight for being the first time to lose to the Dolphins!!

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Umm, what about if Brady gets injured?? If you saw their backup come in and throw a INT against Miami that JT ran in for a TD you'd understand that short of Tom their team has weaknesses.

well considering they have a bye this week, that's not gonna happen before they play us. Sure, if Brady gets injured all bets are off. But he's never been injured before so don't hold your breath on that one.

colin
11-05-2007, 10:36 AM
we can run on new england.

if we do that, win every battle on special teams, and get to brady a couple of times we can win.

indianapolis was out 2 WRs, their LT, and 2 LBs. if we can keep the big old slow NE D on the pitch we can win.

not likley, but i'm flying up there to root for it to happen

Carlton Bailey
11-05-2007, 10:38 AM
One thing that everyone should have learned by now: When it comes to the National Football League, never say never.

Am I expecting a Patriots blowout? Yes. But I also figured the Cowboys would embarrass the Bills in Week 4.

BillsOverDolphins
11-05-2007, 10:40 AM
But I also figured the Cowboys would embarrass the Bills in Week 4.

in a way, they did...:oops:

BillsOverDolphins
11-05-2007, 10:43 AM
we can run on new england.

if we do that, win every battle on special teams, and get to brady a couple of times we can win.

indianapolis was out 2 WRs, their LT, and 2 LBs. if we can keep the big old slow NE D on the pitch we can win.

not likley, but i'm flying up there to root for it to happen

when it's all said and done you have Dick Jauron vs. Bill Belichick...not good

Carlton Bailey
11-05-2007, 10:43 AM
in a way, they did...:oops:

Did they? Last I checked, winning by one point when you're a double-digit favorite is hardly embarrassing a team. The Bills lost that game more than Dallas won it.

Mike13
11-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Let's play Miami first. Miami would love nothing more than to break their losing streak against us. After that

I whole heartedly agree with that statement, I would also love to see Beck play well. Hopefully Cameron starts him.

BillsOverDolphins
11-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Did they? Last I checked, winning by one point when you're a double-digit favorite is hardly embarrassing a team. The Bills lost that game more than Dallas won it.
It was an embarrassing way to lose. Force 6 turnovers and have an 8 point lead w/ 20 seconds left, only to lose on National Television. Yes, we lost it more than they won, but it was still embarrassing

trapezeus
11-05-2007, 10:53 AM
no one on the bills team is overlooking miami. as fans we have that luxury. i'm pretty sure the team is focused on the dolphins.

The week prior to colts pats game, every fan was looking past the redskins and jags. As bills FANS, we can hypothesize about the pats bills game.

1. it's going to be loud and insane. regardless of whether the bills win vs Miami, we are going to be bleeding on the tooth when the pats come to town. we've been waiting to beat them for years. we were loud when the jets came to town and we were 0-3 and worried about losing every game.
2. This is the game of the season. Win this one, and all of a sudden, outside shot at playoffs becomes "hottest team in the league". players know it, fans know it, coachs know it.
3. Every team is rooting for someone to hit brady and hit him hard. IF brady stays on the rug for more than 1 second, bills fans are going to temporarily become philly fans. it's going to be like a gladiator pit. If you are going to the game, you know you can't wait to see how crazed people are going to be.
4. and the fairweather boston fans who have become super travelers are going to show up in droves to try and annoy us in our own house.

This game is going to be everything. at the risk of sounding maniacal. i would gladly beat the patriots 52-7 and then lose the rest of the games this season.

Owen DeBoard
11-05-2007, 11:03 AM
I guarantee you that the Pats will not go 16-0. They have to play Pittsburgh Baltimore and the Giants. Two of them games are on the road for them. Every team in this league has a bad game. I dont think we will ever see a team go 16-0. Its too hard to win every game in this league. It will never happen.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I guarantee you that the Pats will not go 16-0. They have to play Pittsburgh Baltimore and the Giants. Two of them games are on the road for them. Every team in this league has a bad game. I dont think we will ever see a team go 16-0. Its too hard to win every game in this league. It will never happen.

Baltimore? You're kidding, right? We beat Baltimore. There is no way Baltimore can score on NE- the O will only need 13 points to win, and NE's offense can easily do that to Baltimore's D.

The Giants barely got by the Dolphins and are playing above their level. Teams like that always crash and burn against quality opponents.

Pittsburgh is the only team that might have a shot at NE but even Pittsburgh's D blows it sometimes- they gave up 31 to hapless Denver.

No one in this league can hang with NE right now.

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Baltimore? You're kidding, right? We beat Baltimore. There is no way Baltimore can score on NE- the O will only need 13 points to win, and NE's offense can easily do that to Baltimore's D.

The Giants barely got by the Dolphins and are playing above their level. Teams like that always crash and burn against quality opponents.

Pittsburgh is the only team that might have a shot at NE but even Pittsburgh's D blows it sometimes- they gave up 31 to hapless Denver.

No one in this league can hang with NE right now.

Any given sunday.

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I wonder if our OL has something planned for Wilfork. Is Butler playing, we need a chopblock. Forget it, he doesn't know how to .

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 01:04 PM
I think Op is a good poster here but I have to say that anyone can lose on Sunday.

I have been saying that the Bills have the best shot at the upset and I still believe it.

However, if they pull the same crap that they did with Dallas I may put a shoe through my plasma.

I can't go through another game like that. It took weeks to have the heart that was ripped form my chest to be surgically put back.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-05-2007, 01:26 PM
First, let's not get carried away. We have a better shot at losing to the Dolphins than we do beating the Patriots.

We need a good authoritative win vs. Miami, with no key injuries first.

Then, we'll give it a go vs. New England.

I don't think we can hang with New England in terms of talent, but I will say that enough things could happen that we could come out on top.

In the words of Chris Berman "That's why they play the games"

jpdex12
11-06-2007, 10:53 PM

Big surprise coming from you! Honestly man, If 99% of the people that visit this site can guess what your comment is going to be (which it might be closer to 99.9%) it's really no fun to read them.

But, it's a free country so cry with pesimism till your hearts content. I'm going with Buffalo on this one. How many people thought that Miami didn't have a prayer beating the Pats last year? Yes, it's a different team but you know what I'm getting at.

YardRat
11-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Beating NE means very little if we lose to the Dolphins. First things first.

Billz_fan
11-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Let's play Miami first. Miami would love nothing more than to break their losing streak against us. After that, we can start praying for a win against NE.

Anyone looking past the Dolphins is just plain crazy. I agree 100%

OpIv37
11-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Big surprise coming from you! Honestly man, If 99% of the people that visit this site can guess what your comment is going to be (which it might be closer to 99.9%) it's really no fun to read them.

But, it's a free country so cry with pesimism till your hearts content. I'm going with Buffalo on this one. How many people thought that Miami didn't have a prayer beating the Pats last year? Yes, it's a different team but you know what I'm getting at.

see, this any given Sunday crap is just that: crap.

It's based on a cliche and a handful of past upsets, not the reality of how we're playing vs how the Pats are playing, or how anyone else in the league is playing vs how the Pats are playing. If 10 million things go our way, yeah, we can win, but the chances of that happening are so remote that it's not even worth discussing. There is no realistic reason to think the Bills or anyone else in the league can beat the Patriots.

But hey, if you guys want to be delusional homer idiots and think we have a chance because of some damn slogan, I can't stop you from being ignorant.

jpdex12
11-07-2007, 10:59 AM
no one on the bills team is overlooking miami. as fans we have that luxury. i'm pretty sure the team is focused on the dolphins.

The week prior to colts pats game, every fan was looking past the redskins and jags. As bills FANS, we can hypothesize about the pats bills game.

1. it's going to be loud and insane. regardless of whether the bills win vs Miami, we are going to be bleeding on the tooth when the pats come to town. we've been waiting to beat them for years. we were loud when the jets came to town and we were 0-3 and worried about losing every game.
2. This is the game of the season. Win this one, and all of a sudden, outside shot at playoffs becomes "hottest team in the league". players know it, fans know it, coachs know it.
3. Every team is rooting for someone to hit brady and hit him hard. IF brady stays on the rug for more than 1 second, bills fans are going to temporarily become philly fans. it's going to be like a gladiator pit. If you are going to the game, you know you can't wait to see how crazed people are going to be.
4. and the fairweather boston fans who have become super travelers are going to show up in droves to try and annoy us in our own house.

This game is going to be everything. at the risk of sounding maniacal. i would gladly beat the patriots 52-7 and then lose the rest of the games this season.

You are quickly becoming the poster of the year!

:hail: :monkeyp:Patriots

This is the game of all games and we will rise from the dead to beat these suckas! This is where our team breaks through all of the put downs and let downs from the last decade and we show all of those a$$hole analysts that we are on the rise. It is our time now!

jpdex12
11-07-2007, 11:12 AM
see, this any given Sunday crap is just that: crap.

It's based on a cliche and a handful of past upsets, not the reality of how we're playing vs how the Pats are playing, or how anyone else in the league is playing vs how the Pats are playing. If 10 million things go our way, yeah, we can win, but the chances of that happening are so remote that it's not even worth discussing. There is no realistic reason to think the Bills or anyone else in the league can beat the Patriots.

But hey, if you guys want to be delusional homer idiots and think we have a chance because of some damn slogan, I can't stop you from being ignorant.

Paint whatever picture you want and call whoever you want "ignorant" but just in case you have missed the last 7 years of football, there's a big buzz word called "parody" in the NFL now. It has become the buzz work as of lately due to the increasing number of upset games that occur during the season that statisatically shouldn't happen.

If I listed the particluar upsets that occur every year then this would be a long post. So when you say a handful of upsets, that's a mighty large hand to hold that many. Every year a top team loses an unexpected game and that is why the Dolphins perfect season has stayed in tact. Is this ignorant person making sense? Um, yeah! Is this realistic breakdown enough for your pesimistic mind?

Who are you people anyway that deny us hardy fans the right to believe in our team? You are cowards! The kind that tuck tail and run when the going gets tough. The kind that have all the answers when looking at hindsight but are always fearfull to lead their followers into battle. Curse you I say!

We are the Buffalo Bills and we will be heard on Sunday night!

OpIv37
11-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Paint whatever picture you want and call whoever you want "ignorant" but just in case you have missed the last 7 years of football, there's a big buzz word called "parody" in the NFL now. It has become the buzz work as of lately due to the increasing number of upset games that occur during the season that statisatically shouldn't happen.

If I listed the particluar upsets that occur every year then this would be a long post. So when you say a handful of upsets, that's a mighty large hand to hold that many. Every year a top team loses an unexpected game and that is why the Dolphins perfect season has stayed in tact. Is this ignorant person making sense? Um, yeah! Is this realistic breakdown enough for your pesimistic mind?

Who are you people anyway that deny us hardy fans the right to believe in our team? You are cowards! The kind that tuck tail and run when the going gets tough. The kind that have all the answers when looking at hindsight but are always fearfull to lead their followers into battle. Curse you I say!

We are the Buffalo Bills and we will be heard on Sunday night!

first, the word you want is "parity", not "parody".

Why would you believe in the team when all the facts and evidence point in the opposite direction? It's illogical. You're one of those people who can't sort out what you want to happen from what's likely to happen. Wanting the Bills to win makes us fans. Thinking they actually will makes us stupid.

Your "realistic breakdown" is about other teams in other years that have NOTHING to do with the Bills and the Patriots THIS year. all you did was prove the possibility, which I acknowledged in my post.

As far as your "coward" comment, that's just ignorant. How exactly did I "tuck tail and run"? I'm still here posting about the team. I still paid a small fortune for Sunday Ticket and Super Fan so I can watch every second of every game (and I do, no matter how bad it gets). I still bought tickets to two games, one of which will require a 900-mile round trip to Buffalo and back.

The cowards are the ones who have to convince themselves the team has a chance based on nothing. The odds are against us and the chances of winning this game are slim to none- deal with it instead of working so hard to convince yourself otherwise.

Night Train
11-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Dick better get cracking on intercepting those headphone frequencies! :up:

" What is your frequency, Kenneth ? "

Mitchy moo
11-07-2007, 12:05 PM
" What is your frequency, Kenneth ? "

Block them all Kenneth, send a mixed signal to Brady.

OpIv37
11-07-2007, 01:58 PM
When better times come along, will you?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.

But once we stop sucking, I'll lose my pep talk duties. If we don't suck, Ralph won't need me to remind the team that they suck before every game.

OpIv37
11-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Don't care what your excuses are but that's how you come accross. You ***** and whine about the future and some of them turn out to be wrong which simply means, you *****ed too soon.

And?

I can only discuss how things are now and right now they're not good enough.

justasportsfan
11-07-2007, 02:03 PM
And?

I can only discuss how things are now and right now they're not good enough.

Uh no. You've discussed things that have yet to bare any results for pages because you don't agree with some of the FO moves or lack of. You've been wrong.

OpIv37
11-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Uh no. You've discussed things that have yet to bare any results for pages because you don't agree with some of the FO moves or lack of. You've been wrong.

seems to me like it's a little early for you to be saying that. We could still end up 4-12. Not likely, but possible.

justasportsfan
11-07-2007, 02:10 PM
seems to me like it's a little early for you to be saying that. We could still end up 4-12. Not likely, but possible.

your sig is one example. I don't miss lasy years Spikes or Posey either. Come to think of it, I don't miss Fletcher.

blackonyx89
11-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey,anything's possible in the NFL. If the Bills can knock Brady out of the game they have a chance. I know that's not right but hey a win's a win!

:yle:

OpIv37
11-07-2007, 02:14 PM
your sig is one example. I don't miss lasy years Spikes or Posey either. Come to think of it, I don't miss Fletcher.

Fletch is tearing it up for the Skins. DiGiorgio's playing well but I have a hard time believing that Fletch wouldn't be an upgrade. The only argument that I could see is that DiGiorgio is a much better value- the upgrade wouldn't be worth Fletch's cap hit.

Mitchy moo
11-07-2007, 02:16 PM

Or 12-4, which is not likely but possible.

OpIv37
11-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Or 12-4, which is not likely but possible.

nope.

We still have to play the Patriots. It's more likely that 10 zoners will win the lottery between now and that game than us actually winning.

justasportsfan
11-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Fletch is tearing it up for the Skins. DiGiorgio's playing well but I have a hard time believing that Fletch wouldn't be an upgrade. The only argument that I could see is that DiGiorgio is a much better value- the upgrade wouldn't be worth Fletch's cap hit.
So what? Fletch is better suited for Gregs system. I'll take whatever Poz+Dig has done so far compared to what Fletch did last year.

Back to topic, what about Posey and Spikes? You *****ed a storm about not having their replacements . This is what I mean by "wait and see " instead of just jumping to conclusions only to find out your conclusions are wrong.

OpIv37
11-07-2007, 02:33 PM
So what? Fletch is better suited for Gregs system. I'll take whatever Poz+Dig has done so far compared to what Fletch did last year.

Back to topic, what about Posey and Spikes? You *****ed a storm about not having their replacements . This is what I mean by "wait and see " instead of just jumping to conclusions only to find out your conclusions are wrong.
we've used back ups to replace departed starters with disasterous results many times in the past. We let Moulds go and we're still hurting at receiver. Remember Pat Williams and the Justin Bannan/Ron Edwards/Tim Anderson debacle? We're still paying for that one.

And as far as Spikes, I'm really sick of this trading for draft picks ****. So maybe Spikes was washed up- well, this team still has plenty of holes. They trade him for a player we'll draft next year and maybe in two seasons he'll be experienced enough to play- meanwhile, we're left with holes for two seasons.

Also, against the Patriots (a game we LOST), we had so many injuries at LB that we were using nickel as our base D. And that's with two injuries at CB and one at S. But hey, we have Stamer and Haggan, right? :rolleyes: What's better? A hobbled Spikes or having to play nickel on 2nd and 2?

So, it's not as simple as you're trying to make it.

justasportsfan
11-07-2007, 02:42 PM
So, it's not as simple as you're trying to make it.haha! you're the one making it complicated. I like our lbing corps better than last year lbers even with Fletcher.

I haven't even brought up McCargo being a bust.

We understand you concerns, we're just tired of hearing them over and over again. When the results are out and we finally realize you are wrong about some of your moans , you find something else to complain about. It's the same thing all over again.

Mitchy moo
11-07-2007, 02:42 PM
nope.

We still have to play the Patriots. It's more likely that 10 zoners will win the lottery between now and that game than us actually winning.

I thought they cancelled the lottery on Billszone? :bad:

P.S. We're going to be a little better odds than 1 in a trillion.

OpIv37
11-07-2007, 02:47 PM
haha! you're the one making it complicated. I like our lbing corps better than last year lbers even with Fletcher.

I haven't even brought up McCargo being a bust.

We understand you concerns, we're just tired of hearing them over and over again. When the results are out and we finally realize you are wrong about some of your moans , you find something else to complain about. It's the same thing all over again.

McCargo made it a whole 8 games without an injury and you're already going to say he's not a bust? Yet, you're lecturing me about jumping to conclusions too early...

justasportsfan
11-07-2007, 02:51 PM
McCargo made it a whole 8 games without an injury and you're already going to say he's not a bust? Yet, you're lecturing me about jumping to conclusions too early...

I didn't make any conclusions about McCargo. You did. I never said he was a bust or that he isn't one. So far he isn't a bust but he sure is playing better and better and further away from what you called him, a bust.

The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. See how that works?

OpIv37
11-07-2007, 03:16 PM
I didn't make any conclusions about McCargo. You did. I never said he was a bust or that he isn't one. So far he isn't a bust but he sure is playing better and better and further away from what you called him, a bust.

The jury is still out as far as I'm concerned. See how that works?

I'm going to call it as I see it. Sometimes I'll be right, sometimes I'll be wrong. I'm OK with that.

As it stands, this team isn't good enough to get into the playoffs and definitely isn't good enough to win the Super Bowl. So we as fans have a right to complain.

justasportsfan
11-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm going to call it as I see it. Sometimes I'll be right, sometimes I'll be wrong. I'm OK with that.

As it stands, this team isn't good enough to get into the playoffs and definitely isn't good enough to win the Super Bowl. So we as fans have a right to complain.

:up: Nothing wrong with calling it as you see it. Problem is , some of it is premature. I've learned to live with in case you haven't notice how I have not argued with you that much lately.

I guess when offseason comes and it gets boring we'll be back . BZ hasn't heard the last of us. Shelby is looking forward to that.

shelby
11-07-2007, 03:32 PM
:hang:

Mike13
11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
"here's a big buzz word called "parody" in the NFL now. It has become the buzz work as of lately due to the increasing number of upset games that occur during the season that statisatically shouldn't happen."

The word you're looking for is "Parity".

Anyway I'll call the original poster an "idiot delusional homer" beacuse the only AFC team that comes close to stacking up against New England is Indianapolis.

mybills
11-09-2007, 10:06 AM
:hang:
:roflmao: I was gonna post that! :hi5:

justasportsfan
11-09-2007, 01:23 PM

you sir are a a homer ... bills are gonna finish 12-4 .

Mitchy moo
11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
you sir are a a homer ... bills are gonna finish 12-4 .

We are on our way Justa!!