Bills vs Pats moved to Sunday Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Bills vs Pats moved to Sunday Night

Originally posted by OpIv37
    actually there is some good news in this- it guarantees HD coverage, even though NBC's HD sucks compared to Fox and ESPN.
    Like it wouldn't have been in HD with the Patriots involved anyways?

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

When was the last time we won a night game?

When was the last time we won any big game?

When was the last time we beat the Patriots? Hell, when was the last time ANYONE beat the Patriots?

Yes, I'm a fan of this team, and that's why I'm bothered by the prospect of us being embarrassed on national TV for the second time in one season. Plus, this increases the chances of the team looking past the Miami game.
      Well clearly the league doesnt feel it would be an embarassment or else they wouldnt put it on prime time. Maybe the league feels that Buffalo represents the NFL well. The energy on Monday Night was amazing and was probably the best primetime game this year. I take this as a compliment as a Bills fan that the league wants to come back to Buffalo for another prime timer and so should everyone else.

Comment

• Stewie
        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
        • Aug 2002

This rocks... too bad we'll probably get killed though
        Originally posted by Topdog
        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        I love Weiner.
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        also cheese

Comment

• dannyek71
          Drink Responsibly
          • Dec 2004

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
          [

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

When was the last time we beat the Patriots? Hell, when was the last time ANYONE beat the Patriots?

Yes, I'm a fan of this team, and that's why I'm bothered by the prospect of us being embarrassed on national TV for the second time in one season. Plus, this increases the chances of the team looking past the Miami game.

Wanna have a chance to get out of the bet you just lost to me recently? Just because I love the bills I will in all stupidity pick my beloved bills to win this Primetime upset special and end their win streak. If you win, you take out the sig I will give you tomorrow. You lose, your avatar and sig are mine for the rest of the season . GAme?
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

Originally posted by paulB
              This rocks... too bad we'll probably get killed though
              That's IT! No M&Ms for you this time!

Comment

• Drev8
                • Aug 2004

How can you guys be so negative about this? This is great news! The atmosphere is going to be insane, and can only help our slight chance at an incredible upset. So what if they blow us out? It's not like that's anything to be embarassed about this season. The Bills have fought hard the last few weeks and there's no doubt they'll fight hard for as long as they can against this juggernaut. And if the 12th man can come out like they did against the Cowboys, as we saw in that game, anything can happen!

But first Miami...

Comment

• The Answer
                  The Plagiarist
                  • Mar 2007

Despite the Pats coming off a bye and being a juggernaut - The Answer feels that this game is going to be a lot closer than people think.

Are we going to be the 'surprise team' that knocks the Pats from the ranks of the unbeaten? Highly unlikely - but if we are for real than we are coming to play....

~The Answer

Comment

Originally posted by Philagape
                    If I were NBC I'd move every Pats game to Sunday night
                    ... and every Bills game to Tuesday mornings at 3 a.m.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

To all of the above questions:

WHO CARES.

Having this game Sunday Night in front of a jacked up crowd gives the Bills a better chance to win. Look how well they played against Dallas.

By the way, even if the Bills get blown out, which could very well happen, the Pats have been doing it to every team they played, except Indy.

If you think any Bills team is going to "look past" a game vs it's arch-rival Dolphins, you are a moron.

Comment

• dannyek71
                        Drink Responsibly
                        • Dec 2004

i feel like im dreaming
                        [

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

All good points but seeing how this team has played the last 5 games, I really really doubt they'll look past the Dolphins. The coaches know how to get our boys ready to play and they'll be ready this Sunday!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                            ... and every Bills game to Tuesday mornings at 3 a.m.

So you could actually watch the bills games and finally know what you are talking about?
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

I'm excited that this game has been moved to Sunday Night...we're gonna be going in at 5-4 with a legitimate playoff shot. We get to show the nation that we're for real and that we are a playoff team. I, like the answer, believe this game is gonna be a lot closer than what everyone thinks.

There's two games now were teams have limited the Pats offense to watch tape on. Hopefully our coaches take some notes and employ that into the game plan. On top of the fact I hope the Patsies see a steady diet of Lynch. I'm talking 25-30 carries.

If we can come out and play the Pats tight win or lose, we'll gain even more credibility among the nation. Which I believe we can truly do. Can we come out on top?

If we can control the clock and ball, while limiting mistakes we sure can.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                                I'm really not sure if I'm happy about this or not...
                                In my unsolicited opinion, the Bills were set up by the NFL this year. I'm sure there's quite a bit going on behind the scenes with owners like Kraft, Jones, and Snyder among others certainly getting heard.

Are we now to believe that the Ravens/Browns, Giants/Lions, or Skins Dallas games wouldn't be far more appealing? Perhaps the league is putting the Pats on as many nationally televised games as possible in their quest for the perfect season. Otherwise I smell a rat.

IMO the NFL tried to craft as favorable as possible a schedule for the team this year as possible so that they could turn around and say, "look, we gave you guys the most favorable schedule that we can, yet you still failed to sell out more than 5 or 6 home games. Getting humiliated by a completely rested Pats team within the first 15 minutes probably also won't help TV ratings either.

At least ticket availability just went up for anyone wanting tix. Yet another great benefit of the NFL doing as it pleases when it pleases.

Comment

Working...
                                X