PDA

View Full Version : Bills vs Pats moved to Sunday Night

Pages : [1] 2

Buffatexas
11-05-2007, 11:40 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/199970.html

After waiting 13 years for a prime time home game, the Buffalo Bills only had to wait about six weeks for a second one. The Bills three-game winning streak has helped them hit prime time about six weeks after their dramatic, last-second loss to Dallas was carried on ESPN. The National Football League announced today that the Bills' home game Nov. 18 with the currently unbeaten New England Patriots has been moved from Sunday afternoon to NBC's Sunday Night Football package. It is the first time a Bills game has been moved into prime time since the league began its flex schedule, which allows NBC to get on a more exciting game than the one scheduled.

The Bills-Pats game replaces a scheduled game between Chicago and Seattle. It is scheduled to begin around 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 18. The ESPN game was the Bills first home game on Monday Night Football in 13 years. It will be their first appearance on NBC's Sunday Night Football schedule, which is now the league's premiere package. Of course, Tom Brady and the Pats are the big draw, but the game wouldn't have been switched if the Bills hadn't gone on their winning streak

BlackMetalNinja
11-05-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm really not sure if I'm happy about this or not...

justasportsfan
Yikes! Another disaster in the making when the bills play primetime. The PAts are coming off their bye too.

Philagape
If I were NBC I'd move every Pats game to Sunday night

Forward_Lateral
I am, I would've missed the game otherwise!

BAM
11-05-2007, 11:43 AM
This is AWESOME news indeed! I'm so excited!

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 11:44 AM
why does the league hate us?

We have to get embarrassed on national TV twice in one season.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 11:45 AM
actually there is some good news in this- it guarantees HD coverage, even though NBC's HD sucks compared to Fox and ESPN.

RockStar36
11-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Because they want to give you something else to ***** about.

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2007, 11:47 AM

Why are you even a fan? Seriously. Do you ever STFU?

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 11:47 AM
actually there is some good news in this- it guarantees HD coverage, even though NBC's HD sucks compared to Fox and ESPN.
so you are happy about seeing us getting embarrased visually clear in HD?

Mahdi
11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
OMG,,, Im going to this game! Now I have to drive 6 hours back home after a night game,,,, Yikes! But dang that should be fun!

clumping platelets
11-05-2007, 11:53 AM
:up:

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Why are you even a fan? Seriously. Do you ever STFU?

When was the last time we won a night game?

When was the last time we won any big game?

When was the last time we beat the Patriots? Hell, when was the last time ANYONE beat the Patriots?

Yes, I'm a fan of this team, and that's why I'm bothered by the prospect of us being embarrassed on national TV for the second time in one season. Plus, this increases the chances of the team looking past the Miami game.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 11:56 AM
so you are happy about seeing us getting embarrased visually clear in HD?

hell yes- we're going to suck, but we're going to look damn good doing it!

BlackMetalNinja
11-05-2007, 12:00 PM

Like it wouldn't have been in HD with the Patriots involved anyways?

Mahdi
11-05-2007, 12:00 PM

When was the last time we beat the Patriots? Hell, when was the last time ANYONE beat the Patriots?

Yes, I'm a fan of this team, and that's why I'm bothered by the prospect of us being embarrassed on national TV for the second time in one season. Plus, this increases the chances of the team looking past the Miami game.
Well clearly the league doesnt feel it would be an embarassment or else they wouldnt put it on prime time. Maybe the league feels that Buffalo represents the NFL well. The energy on Monday Night was amazing and was probably the best primetime game this year. I take this as a compliment as a Bills fan that the league wants to come back to Buffalo for another prime timer and so should everyone else.

Stewie
11-05-2007, 12:02 PM
This rocks... too bad we'll probably get killed though :(

dannyek71
11-05-2007, 12:03 PM
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 12:04 PM

Wanna have a chance to get out of the bet you just lost to me recently? Just because I love the bills I will in all stupidity pick my beloved bills to win this Primetime upset special and end their win streak. If you win, you take out the sig I will give you tomorrow. You lose, your avatar and sig are mine for the rest of the season . GAme?

BlackMetalNinja
11-05-2007, 12:04 PM
This rocks... too bad we'll probably get killed though :(

That's IT! No M&Ms for you this time!

Drev8
11-05-2007, 12:05 PM
How can you guys be so negative about this? This is great news! The atmosphere is going to be insane, and can only help our slight chance at an incredible upset. So what if they blow us out? It's not like that's anything to be embarassed about this season. The Bills have fought hard the last few weeks and there's no doubt they'll fight hard for as long as they can against this juggernaut. And if the 12th man can come out like they did against the Cowboys, as we saw in that game, anything can happen!

But first Miami...

The Answer
Despite the Pats coming off a bye and being a juggernaut - The Answer feels that this game is going to be a lot closer than people think.

Are we going to be the 'surprise team' that knocks the Pats from the ranks of the unbeaten? Highly unlikely - but if we are for real than we are coming to play....

~The Answer

Wys Guy
If I were NBC I'd move every Pats game to Sunday night

... and every Bills game to Tuesday mornings at 3 a.m.

:D

Forward_Lateral

To all of the above questions:

WHO CARES.

Having this game Sunday Night in front of a jacked up crowd gives the Bills a better chance to win. Look how well they played against Dallas.

By the way, even if the Bills get blown out, which could very well happen, the Pats have been doing it to every team they played, except Indy.

If you think any Bills team is going to "look past" a game vs it's arch-rival Dolphins, you are a moron.

dannyek71
i feel like im dreaming

BAM
11-05-2007, 12:06 PM

All good points but seeing how this team has played the last 5 games, I really really doubt they'll look past the Dolphins. The coaches know how to get our boys ready to play and they'll be ready this Sunday!

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 12:07 PM
... and every Bills game to Tuesday mornings at 3 a.m.

:D
So you could actually watch the bills games and finally know what you are talking about? ;)

Mr. Pink
11-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm excited that this game has been moved to Sunday Night...we're gonna be going in at 5-4 with a legitimate playoff shot. We get to show the nation that we're for real and that we are a playoff team. I, like the answer, believe this game is gonna be a lot closer than what everyone thinks.

There's two games now were teams have limited the Pats offense to watch tape on. Hopefully our coaches take some notes and employ that into the game plan. On top of the fact I hope the Patsies see a steady diet of Lynch. I'm talking 25-30 carries.

If we can come out and play the Pats tight win or lose, we'll gain even more credibility among the nation. Which I believe we can truly do. Can we come out on top?

If we can control the clock and ball, while limiting mistakes we sure can.

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm really not sure if I'm happy about this or not...

In my unsolicited opinion, the Bills were set up by the NFL this year. I'm sure there's quite a bit going on behind the scenes with owners like Kraft, Jones, and Snyder among others certainly getting heard.

Are we now to believe that the Ravens/Browns, Giants/Lions, or Skins Dallas games wouldn't be far more appealing? Perhaps the league is putting the Pats on as many nationally televised games as possible in their quest for the perfect season. Otherwise I smell a rat.

IMO the NFL tried to craft as favorable as possible a schedule for the team this year as possible so that they could turn around and say, "look, we gave you guys the most favorable schedule that we can, yet you still failed to sell out more than 5 or 6 home games. Getting humiliated by a completely rested Pats team within the first 15 minutes probably also won't help TV ratings either.

At least ticket availability just went up for anyone wanting tix. Yet another great benefit of the NFL doing as it pleases when it pleases.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:15 PM
To all of the above questions:

WHO CARES.

Having this game Sunday Night in front of a jacked up crowd gives the Bills a better chance to win. Look how well they played against Dallas.

By the way, even if the Bills get blown out, which could very well happen, the Pats have been doing it to every team they played, except Indy.

If you think any Bills team is going to "look past" a game vs it's arch-rival Dolphins, you are a moron.

no, it doesn't give us a better chance to win. You think the crowd WASN'T going to be jacked up for an afternoon game? Give me a break.

How well they played against Dallas? They dropped an 8 point lead with seconds to play. That's a humiliating way to lose. Only someone who has truly accepted mediocrity for the Bills can call that playing well.

The truth is this team doesn't get a lot of attention. The only time people who are football fans but aren't Bills fans watch us is when we're the only option. Their impressions of our team will be a monumental choke job and getting blown out. It's bad enough that no one in the national sports media knows enough about our team to talk intelligently- having this kind of game on national TV certainly won't help the situation.

As far as how long it's been since we've beaten the Patriots- how can you slap a "who cares" on that? They've proven they're better than us time and time again, including once already this year. It's incredibly relevant to our chances to win.

dannyek71
WHere are any other sources of this story?

Mr. Pink
IMO the NFL tried to craft as favorable as possible a schedule for the team this year as possible so that they could turn around and say, "look, we gave you guys the most favorable schedule that we can, yet you still failed to sell out more than 5 or 6 home games. Getting humiliated by a completely rested Pats team within the first 15 minutes probably also won't help TV ratings either.

I usually respect your opinion, albeit it's negative, seeing you're mostly spot on with facts...but the truth is, haven't we already sold out 6 of our home games this year? So not selling out 5 or 6 of our home games isn't happening this year.

Come on man, you know your stuff and are better than making that big of an error in a post.

L.A. Playa
11-05-2007, 12:16 PM
well with flex scheduling, Fox and CBS get to protect one game each, so 2 of the 3 games mentioned above where probably protected by each network, probably leaving the choice between the Giants/Lions and Bills/Pats and NBC chose to have the undefeated team on

Stewie
11-05-2007, 12:16 PM
That's IT! No M&Ms for you this time!

I'll bring my own :P

camelcowboy
11-05-2007, 12:21 PM
I cant believe what im seeing in this thread? Are you freaking kidding "OMG were going be humilated on national television what a disaster." Anyone that thinks like that just please go away. This is great. We are on winning streak the league see this team on the rise and we get moved to the real prime time slot. This is not espn this JOHN FREAKIN MADDEN. This is great. Im not saying we are going to beat the pats and we will be big underdogs, but who cares its the pats and we are at home. It should be a real good game. This is a good thing for the bills.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Wanna have a chance to get out of the bet you just lost to me recently? Just because I love the bills I will in all stupidity pick my beloved bills to win this Primetime upset special and end their win streak. If you win, you take out the sig I will give you tomorrow. You lose, your avatar and sig are mine for the rest of the season . GAme?

points or straight up win?

And by season, do you mean end of the regular season or until after the SB?

gil
11-05-2007, 12:22 PM

I don't know what game you were watching, but the Monday night game I watched was not what I would call being embarrassed.

What NE did to Washington last week was a team getting embarrassed - losing on a last second field goal to the NFC favorite for the Super Bowl isn't being embarrassed.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I cant believe what im seeing in this thread? Are you freaking kidding "OMG were going be humilated on national television what a disaster." Anyone that thinks like that just please go away. This is great. We are on winning streak the league see this team on the rise and we get moved to the real prime time slot. This is not espn this JOHN FREAKIN MADDEN. This is great. Im not saying we are going to beat the pats and we will be big underdogs, but who cares its the pats and we are at home. It should be a real good game. This is a good thing for the bills.

I'd rather fly under the radar while we're "on the rise" until we actually make it somewhere. There will be stumbling blocks and this will be one of them- the fewer people that see it, the better.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't know what game you were watching, but the Monday night game I watched was not what I would call being embarrassed.

What NE did to Washington last week was a team getting embarrassed - losing on a last second field goal to the NFC favorite for the Super Bowl isn't being embarrassed.

blowing an 8 point lead in the final seconds is humiliating. We led that game for 59 minutes and 58 seconds and still found a damn near impossible way to blow it at the end. It was one of football's all time choke jobs, on national TV no less. If that's not embarrassing, I don't know what is.

JD
11-05-2007, 12:25 PM
The tailgating will be even crazier as bills fans will need to get even more drunk to be able to stand watching this disaster of epic proportions. But dont worry, Brady will get injured before we play.

SABuffalo786
11-05-2007, 12:27 PM
If we pull off the miracle and take this I will be shocked if the goal posts don't come down a la 1980 v. Miami.

BlackMetalNinja
But dont worry, Brady will get injured before we play.

How... banging his supermodel girlfriend??? They're on a bye this coming week.

raphael120
Eh...I dont know man, the Bills defense could suprise us again, and who knows, maybe our offense will continue to have balls and not play so damn close to the vest, which is why we screwed ourselves against Dallas.

We just held the second best WR tandem to under 100 yards total. Who knows man...all i know is our defense is going to have to play Indy-like and our offense has got to play better than Indy.

dannyek71
I dont think anyone who was at the Monday night game is opposed to this time change.

SABuffalo786
11-05-2007, 12:29 PM
no, it doesn't give us a better chance to win. You think the crowd WASN'T going to be jacked up for an afternoon game? Give me a break.

Night games are 10 times more intense than 1PM kickoffs. I have never heard a stadium as loud as the MNF one last month.

Dr. Lecter
11-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Woo hoo!!!

Primetime upset baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 12:31 PM

I was hoping that the Pats would come out flat but with this becoming a primetime game this actually hurts us!

However, I actually believe that the heartbreak loss to the Cowboys helped us gain some new fans across the League. Most people said that the Dallas/Bills game was the best game of the year.

GO BILLS!!!

raphael120
11-05-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't think the people who came to the decision of moving the Bills game late really said "Hey this is an awesome opportunity to showcase a blowout"

Come on, I think the league feels this will be a competative game.

HHURRICANE
I dont think anyone who was at the Monday night game is opposed to this time change.

I think ESPN was shocked at how loud and nuts are stadium was. After watching a Falcons and Philly home game on Primetime they need some better crowds. Kudos to the League for recognizing it!!!

alohabillsfan
I cannot believe that some people on this MB are actully fans of the Bills! Get a grip people!

How some of you always take a positive and turn it into a negative is beyond me!

You are the people that could win $3,000,000.00 in the lottery and ***** about taxes!

I really don't know how you go through life without jumping off a bridge, if you need instructions, just ask!!!:rrich:

JD
11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
How... banging his supermodel girlfriend??? They're on a bye this coming week.
He just may fall off of his motorcycle while not wearing his helmet at a high rate of speed, possibly get injured in practice, or... as you stated, from banging his super model girlfriend
:honda:

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't think the people who came to the decision of moving the Bills game late really said "Hey this is an awesome opportunity to showcase a blowout"

Come on, I think the league feels this will be a competative game.

apparently the league hasn't been watching us or the Patriots much lately. Clearly we're not even close to being on par with them.

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
So you could actually watch the bills games and finally know what you are talking about? ;)I've actually seen six of the eight. I previously reported that I'd seen only four of the prior seven. I forgot one.

I usually take about 30 Advils along with a 16 oz. glass of Crown prior to games. ;)

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
The tailgating will be even crazier as bills fans will need to get even more drunk to be able to stand watching this disaster of epic proportions. But dont worry, Brady will get injured before we play.

Yeah, hopefully we can increase the number of arrests and really show the league what fans in Buffalo are all about.

:rolleyes:

Dr. Lecter
11-05-2007, 12:36 PM
I've actually seen six of the eight. I previously reported that I'd seen only four of the prior seven. I forgot one.

I usually take about 30 Advils along with a 16 oz. glass of Crown prior to games. ;)

That explains your game observations and opinions. :D

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 12:37 PM
points or straight up win?

And by season, do you mean end of the regular season or until after the SB?well the bills are gonna be in the sb so I guess after the sb. :snicker:

remember if you win you're only free rrom the sig and nothing else.

alohabillsfan
11-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah, hopefully we can increase the number of arrests and really show the league what fans in Buffalo are all about.

Because no other stadium has arrests, pleaseeeee...

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:38 PM
well the bills are gonna be in the sb so I guess after the sb. :snicker:

remember if you win you're only free rrom the sig and nothing else.

alright, I'm in.

camelcowboy
11-05-2007, 12:38 PM
I'd rather fly under the radar while we're "on the rise" until we actually make it somewhere. There will be stumbling blocks and this will be one of them- the fewer people that see it, the better. People complain about this city's loser mentality, but attitudes like this are a big part of the problem. Relax op, i know it sucks to be a buffalo sports fan but enjoy the spotlight because it has no effect on how the team plays. The game has to be played no matter what time slot it's in. Might as well be under the lights it will give the team and the fans a huge boost.

raphael120
11-05-2007, 12:39 PM
apparently the league hasn't been watching us or the Patriots much lately. Clearly we're not even close to being on par with them.

In the bubble of the NFL where the Pats aren't involved, sure, we can be competative. But yeah, I dont think they take into mind that these ARE the Pats that just beat Indy and most likely will beat the Bills too. I think it's more to showcase the Pats journey to 16-0

alohabillsfan
11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
People complain about this city's loser mentality, but attitudes like this are a big part of the problem. Relax op, i know it sucks to be a buffalo sports fan but enjoy the spotlight because it has no effect on how the team plays. The game has to be played no matter what time slot it's in might as well be under the lights it will give the team and the fans a huge boost.

Actually, it sucks to be a Notre Dame fan....:oops: :bandwagon :dance:

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:42 PM
People complain about this city's loser mentality, but attitudes like this are a big part of the problem. Relax op, i know it sucks to be a buffalo sports fan but enjoy the spotlight because it has no effect on how the team plays. The game has to be played no matter what time slot it's in. Might as well be under the lights it will give the team and the fans a huge boost.

attitudes like mine are not the problem.

Attitudes like "we played well in the Dallas game" where we lost in an embarrassing manner are the problem. If that's considered playing well, it shows we've truly accepted mediocrity.

I'm sorry but I don't see a problem with not wanting the entire country to see my team get destroyed.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Actually, it sucks to be a Notre Dame fan....:oops: :bandwagon :dance:

well it could be worse- Notre Dame was SUPPOSED to be bad this year. At least they didn't blow a potential national championship season in the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR TO A DI-AA SCHOOL like Michigan did.

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 12:44 PM
People complain about this city's loser mentality, but attitudes like this are a big part of the problem. Relax op, i know it sucks to be a buffalo sports fan but enjoy the spotlight because it has no effect on how the team plays. The game has to be played no matter what time slot it's in. Might as well be under the lights it will give the team and the fans a huge boost.

Will it really do that? I'm not sure it helps the team as much as that. What if we get pounded into submission, although NE doesn't seem to have us on the list of teams/coaches/GMs/owners with a bone to pick. What if there are 15K no shows due to colder weather and last minute cancellations and we get pounded. How does that give the fans a huge boost?

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 12:45 PM
That explains your game observations and opinions. :D

Well, that and when you factor in the gauze pads that I place over my eyes while the game is on, ...

alohabillsfan
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
well it could be worse- Notre Dame was SUPPOSED to be bad this year. At least they didn't blow a potential national championship season in the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR TO A DI-AA SCHOOL like Michigan did.

Nope just Navy!!!! Good luck with that! According to you Buffalo was suppose to be bad also but they atleast beat some Bad teams Unlike ND, boy they truly SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Another possibility for a bills win is a WHITEOUT blizzard, bills fans pelt brady on the side lines with ice balls, formed with urine and snow. Ironically, today i witnessed the first snowflakes of the coming winter :clap:

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 12:49 PM

You know what would be a "huge boost" for the fans cowboy, actually hiring a competent GM and a solid HC who would then in turn hire some competence in the personnel office and on the rest of the coaching staff instead of a bunch of yes-men and excuse makers in the mold of Donadope and his cronies who constantly have to manipulate favorable circumstances to merely paint a false picture of even mediocrity.

That's what would give the fans here a huge boost! Nothing less.

So, and assuming that the rest of the season doesn't go quite as swimmingly as many of you seem to believe it will, how about getting on board a "let's replace Levy and Jauron with someone that will clean house bandwagon?" What do ya say?

And at the end of the season, not in two or three more seasons after the entirely obvious and predictable has played itself out to all but the most arduous hopfuls.

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 12:49 PM
alright, I'm in.
:up:. Don't ever say I'm not nice to you. :D

Dr. Lecter
11-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I can't wait for the Bills to win and then see Op and Wys start threads like "I know we just beat the Pats, but.........."

:D :D :jk:

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I've actually seen six of the eight. I previously reported that I'd seen only four of the prior seven. I forgot one.

I guess that makes you know what you are talking about, 1/4 of the time ;)

camelcowboy
11-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Will it really do that? I'm not sure it helps the team as much as that. What if we get pounded into submission, although NE doesn't seem to have us on the list of teams/coaches/GMs/owners with a bone to pick. What if there are 15K no shows due to colder weather and last minute cancellations and we get pounded. How does that give the fans a huge boost? Were you at the game Monday night against the cowboys? It gives the fans a boost no stats in the world can explain it but the atmosphere takes on a whole new dimension for prime time games. If you think 15k won't show up you don't football. That stadium will be filled to capacity.

attitudes like mine are not the problem.

Attitudes like "we played well in the Dallas game" where we lost in an embarrassing manner are the problem. If that's considered playing well, it shows we've truly accepted mediocrity.

I'm sorry but I don't see a problem with not wanting the entire country to see my team get destroyed. Accepting Mediocrity is throwing in the towel two weeks before the game, i don't care what team it is. So yeah your attitude is a problem.

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I can't wait for the Bills to win and then see Op and Wys start threads like "I know we just beat the Pats, but.........."

:D :D :jk:

Win against whom?

Wanna make some game wagers?

I'll blindly take every remaining game straight up at "name your price?"

camelcowboy
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
You know what would be a "huge boost" for the fans cowboy, actually hiring a competent GM and a solid HC who would then in turn hire some competence in the personnel office and on the rest of the coaching staff instead of a bunch of yes-men and excuse makers in the mold of Donadope and his cronies who constantly have to manipulate favorable circumstances to merely paint a false picture of even mediocrity.

That's what would give the fans here a huge boost! Nothing less.

So, and assuming that the rest of the season doesn't go quite as swimmingly as many of you seem to believe it will, how about getting on board a "let's replace Levy and Jauron with someone that will clean house bandwagon?" What do ya say?

And at the end of the season, not in two or three more seasons after the entirely obvious and predictable has played itself out to all but the most arduous hopfuls. Winning cures all ills.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Were you at the game Monday night against the cowboys? It gives the fans a boost no stats in the world can explain it but the atmosphere takes on a whole new dimension for prime time games. If you think 15k won't show up you don't football. That stadium will be filled to capacity.

Accepting Mediocrity is throwing in the towel two weeks before the game, i don't care what team it is. So yeah your attitude is a problem.

Some games are not winnable. Remember, this is a team that has now beaten us 8 times in a row, and is currently 9-0 and smashing pretty much every NFL offensive record. And you WANT to play them on national tv?

I never said we shouldn't play them- I just want as few people to witness the debacle as possible.

Do you honestly think it matters? Do you honestly think the fact that more people are going to see it somehow makes the team better? If anything, it's going to make them more nervous and make it harder.

camelcowboy
11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Win against whom?

Wanna make some game wagers?

I'll blindly take every remaining game straight up at "name your price?" 100 bucks the bills beat the dolphins.

camelcowboy
11-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Some games are not winnable. Remember, this is a team that has now beaten us 8 times in a row, and is currently 9-0 and smashing pretty much every NFL offensive record. And you WANT to play them on national tv?

I never said we shouldn't play them- I just want as few people to witness the debacle as possible.

Do you honestly think it matters? Do you honestly think the fact that more people are going to see it somehow makes the team better? If anything, it's going to make them more nervous and make it harder. If we win its one of the biggest upsets in history and the nation see its, If we lose, then no one will be shocked anyway, if we give them a run for there money and come up short its a huge confidence boost for the team and fans. If we get blown out fans will just say, well its new england the best team in football. im not seeing any downside.

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 01:04 PM
100 bucks the bills beat the dolphins.
you need to shoot him an email.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
If we win its one of the biggest upsets in history and the nation see its, If we lose, then no one will be shocked anyway, if we give them a run for there money and come up short its a huge confidence boost for the team and fans. If we get blown out fans will just say, well its new england the best team in football. im not seeing any downside.

there is ALWAYS a downside to getting blown out, particularly on national TV. The fact that it's the Patriots and people expect it doesn't change anything- it still highlights for the world how far we are from being competive in our division (and our division includes two teams that have 1 victory between them).

camelcowboy
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
you need to shoot him an email.I think he's just talking and not serious anyways.

CuseJetsFan83
11-05-2007, 01:06 PM
the only advantage is that it would be in buffalo, but with that being said.... IF we have some rain or snow to deal with... that may favor buffalo as maroney and faulk are the only effective backs they have..... and the passing game would be limited........ esp. with morris gone onto IR.

but again, that doesn't guarantee anything, then you have a number of factors to deal with.... but this buffalo team has improved greatly, and NE is basically running on the same gear.......... besides playing them off of the bye... this is one of the better chances for a "trap" game if i have ever seen one as they have philly, baltimore and pittsburgh to go against afterwards.

if for some reason the football gods can hear this.... make NE LOSE!!

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Were you at the game Monday night against the cowboys? It gives the fans a boost no stats in the world can explain it but the atmosphere takes on a whole new dimension for prime time games. If you think 15k won't show up you don't football. That stadium will be filled to capacity.

I'm just thinking that many people with plans may have to cancel combined with potentially poor weather. You may very well be right.

As I've stated, you're absolutely correct depending upon one's goals. That MNF game was under the utmost of circumstances. It's not many games where opponents hand you TOs like that w/o doing much to actually earn most of them. I'm sure it was a boost.

As for me, I look for indications that we as a team are heading in the right direction. We're not. You simply don't skate your way to the playoffs by dusting the Jets twice and Bengals. I have a hunch we're going to lose to the Fins and if we do I will be eager to see some of the tudes around here.

How many games do teams plan on making close (or winning) due to the ineptness of their opponent? Ever get sick of having to have your head filled with notions of how good we are based on the most untenable of arguments?

I'm telling you, this team isn't even as good as the one in '04 when everyone thought it was coming around before utterly crumbling to pieces. It's built on sand. Your and others supporting it doesn't alter that.

I'm very glad that you enjoyed that monday night loss and the long ride home as it were. I'm glad I didn't bother attending as I hate losing. I guess it doesn't bother some that much as long as the right players do the right things instead.

I've also never been a fan of attending the games against the worst opponents on the schdule either. I've always enjoyed attending games in which we are likely to win against the best as in the early '90s. Simply because your contentments require less, good for you. I'm sure those of many do as well. Feel free to what I would consider piss away your money in spite of the fact that you see it differently.

I'll make a prediction now,here. I'll predict that while everyone here seems to think this team is on the upswing, that the second half of the season plays out the exact opposite way. I say that "our luck" runs out and that teams begin to take us more seriously and do indeed expose us for the lackluster franchise that we are.

I'll also then correspondingly predict that there won't be a whole lot of people here or elsewhere exclaiming that they, since we had a couple of nationally telvised losses in which we were utterly schooled in the fundamentals of football in both games, are content with those. Call me nuts.

CuseJetsFan83
11-05-2007, 01:07 PM
there is ALWAYS a downside to getting blown out, particularly on national TV. The fact that it's the Patriots and people expect it doesn't change anything- it still highlights for the world how far we are from being competive in our division (and our division includes two teams that have 1 victory between them).

on dont i know that one..... and the worst part is we have played closely in every game except NE, and all we have to prove for it is a win over the dolphins.

we could be anywheres from 8-1 to 1-8 and we chose the latter because we can't finish teams off

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 01:12 PM
100 bucks the bills beat the dolphins.

ROFLMAO

Sure, coupled with 100 on the Pats game too.

What's the matter, you think we're on the upswing and buy into all of this "we're improving" nonsense or not?

And yes, just has it right, via e-mail henceforth. I won't anticipate hearing from you however.

You have absolutely got to be kidding!

I'll be more than happy to take the Fins in isolation even with Vegas game odds! Again, I won't count on hearing from you.

See, you guys tend to talk big just like the team, but you really don't buy it. So what does that make you? A pretender? Dishonest? What?

At least I'm honest and open whether it's a popular sentiment or not.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 01:14 PM
on dont i know that one..... and the worst part is we have played closely in every game except NE, and all we have to prove for it is a win over the dolphins.

we could be anywheres from 8-1 to 1-8 and we chose the latter because we can't finish teams off

last year the Jets over achieved, this year they underachieved.

It doesn't matter, though, because the Bills are still 5 games behind the Patriots. Until we can beat them, all we are is a distant 2nd and the best we can hope for is an annual dogfight for a wild card.

CuseJetsFan83
11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
last year the Jets over achieved, this year they underachieved.

It doesn't matter, though, because the Bills are still 5 games behind the Patriots. Until we can beat them, all we are is a distant 2nd and the best we can hope for is an annual dogfight for a wild card.

but as long as their is a chance for the wild card, i'd take that especially if NE can crumble like last year....... yeah they may finish 13-3 to 16-0 in the reg. season but i can see them stumbling in the playoffs

CuseJetsFan83
11-05-2007, 01:17 PM
although on a side note, what the hell was brady saying to that one ref towards the end of the game..... he looked like he wanted to flag him but didn't

Ickybaluky
11-05-2007, 01:21 PM
although on a side note, what the hell was brady saying to that one ref towards the end of the game..... he looked like he wanted to flag him but didn't

He said he was mad because the Colts DL were simulating the snap count and it wasn't being called.

SABuffalo786
11-05-2007, 01:22 PM

Seriously, do you have a good thought or feeling about ANYTHING in life?

camelcowboy
11-05-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm just thinking that many people with plans may have to cancel combined with potentially poor weather. You may very well be right.

As I've stated, you're absolutely correct depending upon one's goals. That MNF game was under the utmost of circumstances. It's not many games where opponents hand you TOs like that w/o doing much to actually earn most of them. I'm sure it was a boost.

As for me, I look for indications that we as a team are heading in the right direction. We're not. You simply don't skate your way to the playoffs by dusting the Jets twice and Bengals. I have a hunch we're going to lose to the Fins and if we do I will be eager to see some of the tudes around here.

How many games do teams plan on making close (or winning) due to the ineptness of their opponent? Ever get sick of having to have your head filled with notions of how good we are based on the most untenable of arguments?

I'm telling you, this team isn't even as good as the one in '04 when everyone thought it was coming around before utterly crumbling to pieces. It's built on sand. Your and others supporting it doesn't alter that.

I'm very glad that you enjoyed that monday night loss and the long ride home as it were. I'm glad I didn't bother attending as I hate losing. I guess it doesn't bother some that much as long as the right players do the right things instead.

I've also never been a fan of attending the games against the worst opponents on the schdule either. I've always enjoyed attending games in which we are likely to win against the best as in the early '90s. Simply because your contentments require less, good for you. I'm sure those of many do as well. Feel free to what I would consider piss away your money in spite of the fact that you see it differently.

I'll make a prediction now,here. I'll predict that while everyone here seems to think this team is on the upswing, that the second half of the season plays out the exact opposite way. I say that "our luck" runs out and that teams begin to take us more seriously and do indeed expose us for the lackluster franchise that we are.

I'll also then correspondingly predict that there won't be a whole lot of people here or elsewhere exclaiming that they, since we had a couple of nationally telvised losses in which we were utterly schooled in the fundamentals of football in both games, are content with those. Call me nuts.

Your entitled to your opinion, and i respect that fact that even when we disagree your arguements are always very well thought out. Listen i know winning against the jets and bengals and Ravens right now doesn't seem like much, but you have to look at the area this team is improving. One thing this team has not been able to do in years is close out games. We blew one against Dallas, and Denver. But the jets had two chances to beat us and we closed game. Baltimore could have came back but we closed the game. The Bengals with a great qb and receivers were shut down by this defense. We closed that game out as well. This team slowly starting to develop a winning personality and its doing that with subpar talent. Alot of winning is mental, and im seeing this team improving on a week to week basis. I can call you nuts, and you can call me nuts, but i hope as a bills fan you enjoy the wins because you can't build a dynasty over night.

SquishDaFish
11-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Hell yes this is sweet. We will not look bad. We will have a shot at this game and will not get blown out. And OP every Bills game for the rest of the season is in HD

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Hell yes this is sweet. We will not look bad. We will have a shot at this game and will not get blown out. And OP every Bills game for the rest of the season is in HD

how do you know that? Do you have a source?

I thought they decided that on a week by week basis.

camelcowboy
11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
ROFLMAO

Sure, coupled with 100 on the Pats game too.

What's the matter, you think we're on the upswing and buy into all of this "we're improving" nonsense or not?

And yes, just has it right, via e-mail henceforth. I won't anticipate hearing from you however.

You have absolutely got to be kidding!

I'll be more than happy to take the Fins in isolation even with Vegas game odds! Again, I won't count on hearing from you.

See, you guys tend to talk big just like the team, but you really don't buy it. So what does that make you? A pretender? Dishonest? What?

At least I'm honest and open whether it's a popular sentiment or not. I have a book, so i'll take my points when i bet. But i try not to bet on the team anyway i feel its bad karma. Call me wrong but i read your quote as your decoration that the bills are going to have a hard time winning against anyone the second half of the season? So im a little confused but i am confident that the bills will cover the vegas spread that night. I would never take the money line against the pats, that would be bad buisness. Beside I have had a bad expierence betting over internet boards so your right you won't be receiving my e-mail.

Jimbuktu
11-05-2007, 01:36 PM
If we win its one of the biggest upsets in history and the nation see its, If we lose, then no one will be shocked anyway, if we give them a run for there money and come up short its a huge confidence boost for the team and fans. If we get blown out fans will just say, well its new england the best team in football. im not seeing any downside.

BINGO!

This board is full of damn fools. Makes it hard to read with the incessant negativity.

Think of all your Bills brothers out there that can actually watch this from their own couch now! No ****ing sports bar without the sound. Thank GOD!

and like CC said, if we lose, no big whoop. but if we win, MAN, if we win! Just imagine that. Game of the century!

EXCELLENT NEWS THIS IS.

SquishDaFish
11-05-2007, 01:37 PM
OP I seen something at beginning of season forgot where, Ill have to search but so far it has been right.

mybills
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
It's a slap in our face. Not only do they schedule it off NE's bye for the 4th ***** year in a row, they are shoving us on prime time? :shakeno:

I was wondering why the local channels kept showing the Bills every time they advertise NE on their sport channel. The way they're playing this year, you'd think those ads would show other teams they've crushed worse than the Bills. :dizzy:

Michael82
11-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Holy ****! :shocked:

Johnny Bugmenot
11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
The result of this game has been so well known already before the season even began. The Pats will win this game. They always do and it doesn't matter because these games are not fair contests. The refs always call things in favor of NE, and NE always gets a bye before playing Buffalo. Don't believe me? Look up the stats and schedules from the past few years. I will not give NBC the dignity of my eyeballs that night.

Pride
11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Now I wish I had gotten tickets to that game!

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Please PEOPLE!!!!!!!! Stop quoting wys' posts so I don't have to NOT read it 3,4,5,6 times.

thank you! :D

camelcowboy
11-05-2007, 01:47 PM
The result of this game has been so well known already before the season even began. The Pats will win this game. They always do and it doesn't matter because these games are not fair contests. The refs always call things in favor of NE, and NE always gets a bye before playing Buffalo. Don't believe me? Look up the stats and schedules from the past few years. I will not give NBC the dignity of my eyeballs that night.So your one of those guys who believed the giants had a helicopter flying near by causing norwoods kick to go wide right. :rolleyes: Oh and yesterday i thought the colts were getting all the calls.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 01:47 PM
OP I seen something at beginning of season forgot where, Ill have to search but so far it has been right.

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

according to that site, we're in HD this week against the Fish.

Michael82
11-05-2007, 01:50 PM
BTW, it's official according to V-Coach and every other news source. :up:

Buffatexas
11-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Please PEOPLE!!!!!!!! Stop quoting wys' posts so I don't have to NOT read it 3,4,5,6 times.

thank you! :D

you know, he is going to post something really positive someday and it may take us 5 or 6 reads to believe it actually happened.

j/k:pray:

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 01:53 PM
BTW, it's official according to V-Coach and every other news source. :up:

Oh this is so sweet.:dance:

How many Pats fans that were planning a trip home Sunday evening are now in trouble??

The Bills are an astounding 9-0 all-time at home on Sunday nights with their last win coming on Sept. 3, 2000 against the Tennessee Titans by a final of 16-13.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/199970.html<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1166553--><!-- THE POST -->

mybills
11-05-2007, 01:54 PM
They've been advertising bus trips to this game for a while. It's been on the radio and in the newspaper. I think the included hotel is only for the night before, so they're gonna be sleeping on the bus back here.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
So your one of those guys who believed the giants had a helicopter flying near by causing norwoods kick to go wide right. :rolleyes: Oh and yesterday i thought the colts were getting all the calls.

The Colts are not the Bills. This is a phenomenon particularly unique to Bills-Patriots contests.

BlackMetalNinja
11-05-2007, 02:13 PM
AP release confirming the change:

Unbeaten New England gets prime-time date at Buffalo (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3095776)

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Patriots' run at a perfect record is going prime time.
The league pushed back the start of New England's game at the Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf) on Nov. 18 to 8:15 p.m. ET and it will move from CBS to NBC. Originally, Patriots-Bills was set for 1 p.m. ET on CBS and Chicago at Seattle was the night game.
Chicago will now play at Seattle at 4:15 p.m. ET on Fox.
The switch comes in the first week of the NFL's flexible television schedule period this season, a new wrinkle in the league's broadcast policy that came into effect last year. The flex schedule was negotiated into the new TV contract to ensure contending teams play in prime time late in the season.

JD
11-05-2007, 02:28 PM
If we win.

Thats a big IF.

BRING DOWN THE POSTS!!!!

gr8slayer
11-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Maybe the league is trying to help us save our team by giving us a shot to shock the world on national TV.

mybills
11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
is this gonna piss off Chicago and Seattle fans?

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 02:39 PM
is this gonna piss off Chicago and Seattle fans?

Their pissed off already and this is just going to add fuel.

mybills
11-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Good! I hate the Chicago Bears. :D

dannyek71
11-05-2007, 02:43 PM
That must REALLY suck for fans who were pumped to be going to those games

dannyek71
11-05-2007, 02:43 PM
That must REALLY suck for fans who were pumped to be going to those games

bosshogg21
11-05-2007, 03:03 PM
more coverage for buffalo and how great their fans are. if you think we will not be more up for this game than a 1 or 4 pm game your crazy. i know we had tons of gifts from the cowboys but we also didn't let one the leagues sickest backs run anywhere. this is a blessing in disguise and we will be ready to play. i feel like the more night games we get and play well, the league will see that we have a crazy fanbase that you cannot take away from. also on a side note the colts just gave a blueprint on how to stay with the pats, without their no. 1 receiver.

SABuffalo786
11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
there is ALWAYS a downside to getting blown out, particularly on national TV. The fact that it's the Patriots and people expect it doesn't change anything

Um, yes it does. They're one of the greatest teams to play the game.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Um, yes it does. They're one of the greatest teams to play the game.

and?

When they kick our asses, it will prove that we're nothing but a distant second in our division. Why do we want the whole country to see that?

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 03:36 PM
and?

When they kick our asses, it will prove that we're nothing but a distant second in our division. Why do we want the whole country to see that?
I was actually proud about what the bills and its fans did against the cowboys in primtetime. I wished the result was different but I wasn't remotely embarrased by the loss.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 03:39 PM
I was actually proud about what the bills and its fans did against the cowboys in primtetime. I wished the result was different but I wasn't remotely embarrased by the loss.

that was the most frustrating loss since the Pitt game in '04. In a lot of ways it was more frustrating because it seemed like we were going to win until the last ****ing second.

I want to see this team win a big game just once, and undefeated (at the time) Dallas on Monday night was easily our biggest game since '04.

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 03:42 PM
A bigger one is this NE game, we can knock them off their perch and give ourselves a big boost to finish the season super strong, 12 in a row Baby.

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 03:42 PM
that was the most frustrating loss since the Pitt game in '04. In a lot of ways it was more frustrating because it seemed like we were going to win until the last ****ing second.

I want to see this team win a big game just once, and undefeated (at the time) Dallas on Monday night was easily our biggest game since '04.
Frustrating yes, but definitely proud.

It was frustrating because I was gonna pull out your every post prior to the game and :lolpoint:

patmoran2006
11-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I'll think about NE in about 7 days.

We HAVE to beat Miami, there is no way around it.

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 04:34 PM
'Chicago will now play at Seattle at 4:15 p.m. EST on Fox.'

SABuffalo786
11-05-2007, 04:41 PM
and?

Who besides Indy isn't markedly worse than the Pats?

You're acting like the rest of the country isn't getting its ass handed to it by New England. Newsflash Opie: They are.

BAM
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
:rofl: Op would be the guy to find a negative in this.

Buffatexas
11-05-2007, 05:18 PM
:rofl: Op would be the guy to find a negative in this.

and his tag team partner Wys Guy

BAM
11-05-2007, 05:23 PM
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/f/fantastics/02.jpg

UltimateBillsFan
11-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Does anybody know if we are wearing the retro jerseys in this game? Those are so much better looking than the full navy home jerseys.

BAM
11-05-2007, 05:25 PM
That'd be sweet but I doubt it. They already wore them at home vs. Dallas. They are supposed to be wearing them twice but the other game will be an away game I billieve.

Michael82
11-05-2007, 05:40 PM

How many Pats fans that were planning a trip home Sunday evening are now in trouble??

The Bills are an astounding 9-0 all-time at home on Sunday nights with their last win coming on Sept. 3, 2000 against the Tennessee Titans by a final of 16-13.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/199970.html<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1166553--><!-- THE POST -->
hmmm, good point. This will definitely screw over those Patriots fans that had their tickets and were planning on flying back home Sunday night. :snicker:

Michael82
11-05-2007, 05:43 PM
That'd be sweet but I doubt it. They already wore them at home vs. Dallas. They are supposed to be wearing them twice but the other game will be an away game I billieve.
They usually wear them twice at home. It was rumored earlier that the two games would be at home against the Cowboys on MNF and at home against the Patriots. Now that the Patriots game is on Primetime, I could definitely see the Bills sticking with that game.

Ed
11-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Maybe some Pat fans will be forced to sell their tickets now, making room for even more loud crazy Bills fans.

This is great news. I'm pumped for the game, but I don't want to get too excited because we gotta beat Miami.

DynaPaul
11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I want a nice HD shot of Brady's knee getting every ligament exploded within from one of our defensive lineman. That would be sweet!

UltimateBillsFan
11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
I want a nice HD shot of Brady's knee getting every ligament exploded within from one of our defensive lineman. That would be sweet!
haha. I couldn't agree more.

paladin warrior
11-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Well Last time Pats Hurt Our L.P. This time Our Buffalo Bill's will pay it back hurt T.B leg or break his knee.. Or rip ACL. :hurt:

Cntrygal
11-05-2007, 08:55 PM
I'll think about NE in about 7 days.

We HAVE to beat Miami, there is no way around it.

I agree!!!

But I do have one comment about something that was said earlier in this thread though....

Why would anyone believe that snow/rain is an advantage solely to the Bills? I can remember several games that NE has won in the blowing snow. :ill:

Kenny
11-05-2007, 09:16 PM
I agree!!!

But I do have one comment about something that was said earlier in this thread though....

Why would anyone believe that snow/rain is an advantage solely to the Bills? I can remember several games that NE has won in the blowing snow. :ill:

Agreed that it wont be an advantage for us... but it would definately slow down that Pats offense. They're a much different offense than the Pats of the past.

That being said, -if they pull the same ***** with us as they did with the Redskins, -I hope we rush two guys and drive Brady straight to the hospital.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Who besides Indy isn't markedly worse than the Pats?

You're acting like the rest of the country isn't getting its ass handed to it by New England. Newsflash Opie: They are.

and?

Only three other teams in the country are in the Pats division. How are we supposed to gain respect and make a statement when all we can prove is that we're still a distant runner-up?

Getting your ass kicked is getting your ass kicked. Just because it happened to someone else too doesn't make it acceptable.

"The Pats are better than us- oh well"- man, Bills fans really have accepted mediocrity.

Philagape
11-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Has John Madden ever been to the Ralph?

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 09:50 PM

are there any sausages left in the concession stands? If not, it's a good sign that he's been there recently.

TheBrownBear
11-05-2007, 09:51 PM
This is awesome!!! And we are going to win! I can feel it!

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 09:53 PM
This is awesome!!! And we are going to win! I can feel it!

I got the same feeling of impending disaster that I got when they announced the Monday night game against Dallas.

Dr. Lecter
11-05-2007, 09:56 PM
I got the same feeling of impending disaster that I got when they announced the Monday night game against Dallas.

Yeah but you an Patti have a feeling of impending disaster twice a day, whether justified or not.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah but you an Patti have a feeling of impending disaster twice a day, whether justified or not.

well don't put me in her category- my disaster predictions are limited to sports. They don't encroach in life in general. The only things you need to stockpile to prepare for my disasters are beer and pretzels.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 10:01 PM
also, my disaster predictions are based on statistics and past performance. Hers are based on some combination of the Pope's bowel movements and the appearance of the Virgin Mary in a slice of Wunderbar bologna.

im4bflo
11-05-2007, 10:10 PM
I've always thought we were jinxed, whenever we were on primetime,
no matter who we played. But I like this game.
The way we played against Dallass, and the way we're playing now,
gives me a lot of hope for an incredible upset.
Hey, we're expected to lose, so no big, but to pull out an upset against the
dirty, cheaters, would be awesome.
We can pressure Brady better, with our D line guys coming back.
The 12th MAN will help, and they'll be a little rusty not playing for 2 weeks.
Hey, you can't say it isn't possible, things happen man, BAD THINGS! :snicker2:
I'd rather play them late, than regular time, it takes them out of their routine,
and any little thing will help.
We will WIN that game. There, I've said it, and I'm sticking to it, and no, I don't
want to bet. GO BILLS!

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 10:21 PM
I never expect the Bills to lose, they just suprise me on their own.

paladin warrior
11-05-2007, 10:57 PM

The Bills are an astounding 9-0 all-time at home onhttp://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/check-if-your-sight-clearly.jpg Sunday nights with their last win coming on Sept. 3, 2000 against the Tennessee Titans by a final of 16-13.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/199970.html<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--><!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1166553--><!-- THE POST --> (http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/199970.html) man this i cant see tiny woman on the bottom.. can u fix more bigger..

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 12:38 AM
man this i cant see tiny woman on the bottom.. can u fix more bigger..

:bandwagon

tat2dmike77
11-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Leave it to a notre dame fan to preach gloom and doom for something.

Seriously OP why do you even bother to be a bills fan. Your just a bandwagon fan, in the sense that you only have faith when the team wins every game. And don't give me that crap about how i accept mediocrocy. I want this team to win to but i don't sit at my computer and whine and moan about the team and find excuses as to why even when they win it wasn't a quality win.

You spewed out all year how the bills will be lucky to win 2 games. Now a game gets moved to primetime and all you can say "oh lord it's going to be a disastor". Seriously if your that bothered by this team go hop on the pats wagon. Your doom and gloom gets old now call me a homer and all that crap you spew out.

mybills
11-06-2007, 05:32 AM
Why are ya'll harping on Op? It's a valid concern. In the last 3 years how many games have we won against them coming off their bye?

hurls
11-06-2007, 05:44 AM

I was wondering that. Off the top of my head, all I could think of was when Buff played Dallas the last time in B-Lo. Not sure if Madden/Summerall did that one though.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 06:03 AM

Seriously OP why do you even bother to be a bills fan. Your just a bandwagon fan, in the sense that you only have faith when the team wins every game. And don't give me that crap about how i accept mediocrocy. I want this team to win to but i don't sit at my computer and whine and moan about the team and find excuses as to why even when they win it wasn't a quality win.

You spewed out all year how the bills will be lucky to win 2 games. Now a game gets moved to primetime and all you can say "oh lord it's going to be a disastor". Seriously if your that bothered by this team go hop on the pats wagon. Your doom and gloom gets old now call me a homer and all that crap you spew out.

His Self defense mechanisms are in play.

JD
11-06-2007, 08:17 AM
I've always thought we were jinxed, whenever we were on primetime,
no matter who we played. But I like this game.
The way we played against Dallass, and the way we're playing now,
gives me a lot of hope for an incredible upset.
Hey, we're expected to lose, so no big, but to pull out an upset against the
dirty, cheaters, would be awesome.
We can pressure Brady better, with our D line guys coming back.
The 12th MAN will help, and they'll be a little rusty not playing for 2 weeks.
Hey, you can't say it isn't possible, things happen man, BAD THINGS! :snicker2:
I'd rather play them late, than regular time, it takes them out of their routine,
and any little thing will help.
We will WIN that game. There, I've said it, and I'm sticking to it, and no, I don't
want to bet. GO BILLS!
I agree with you about most things, but if anything.. playing at night will get the BILLS out of their routine as the Patsies play primetime more than anyone.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 08:21 AM

First of all, I never said the Bills were going to only win two games. I predicted 7-9- go back and look it up. If you're going to rip me, at least get your facts straight.

You people say I'm not a fan, but then you have to pretend this team is better than it is to root for them. That's such a load of horse ****. In order for you to be around, the team either has to be good or you have to pretend that their good. Some fan.

I realize how bad this team is, yet I'm still here, and you of all people accuse me of being a bandwagon fan? **** off and die.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 08:24 AM
I realize how bad this team is, yet I'm still here, and you of all people accuse me of being a bandwagon fan? **** off and die.

You definetly are a big fan, no doubt.

But saying you "realize" how bad this team makes it sound like they are 2-6 or something. Fact is they are 4-4, with 3 straight wins and are in the playoff hunt.

They are not that bad. Dwelling and obsessing on the negative, while barely acknowledging the positives in this season (I think you would admit the defense is much better than youwould have ever thought) is what confuses people.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 08:30 AM
You definetly are a big fan, no doubt.

But saying you "realize" how bad this team makes it sound like they are 2-6 or something. Fact is they are 4-4, with 3 straight wins and are in the playoff hunt.

They are not that bad. Dwelling and obsessing on the negative, while barely acknowledging the positives in this season (I think you would admit the defense is much better than youwould have ever thought) is what confuses people.

the Pats already beat us once this year 38-7, not to mention kicked the **** out of every team they played this season. It's not exactly a stretch to think they're going to kill us again, yet people are acting like I'm so negative and pessimistic for stating the most likely outcome. I just don't get it.

BTW, what's the point of the positives if we're still not good enough to get into the playoffs or win the Super Bowl? That's the goal and we're still nowhere near it. It's like racking up $100k in credit card debt, then getting all excited because you paid off $30k while pretending there isn't still $70k left to pay off.

Mad Bomber
11-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Why are ya'll harping on Op? It's a valid concern. In the last 3 years how many games have we won against them coming off their bye?
Zero.

BAM
11-06-2007, 08:32 AM
I just don't get it.

Well said.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 08:33 AM
the Pats already beat us once this year 38-7, not to mention kicked the **** out of every team they played this season. It's not exactly a stretch to think they're going to kill us again, yet people are acting like I'm so negative and pessimistic for stating the most likely outcome. I just don't get it.

BTW, what's the point of the positives if we're still not good enough to get into the playoffs or win the Super Bowl? That's the goal and we're still nowhere near it. It's like racking up $100k in credit card debt, then getting all excited because you paid off $30k while pretending there isn't still $70k left to pay off.

I would debate the point about the team not being good enough to get into the playoffs. The 2nd WC spot is very possible. Will they win the SB this year? No. But if (and it is a big if) they make the playoffs in year two of Marv and Dick rebuilding this team and with the youth on it, it should be a 100% positive move in the right direction.

Much like the credit card, expecting to pay off years of debt in one day is unrealistic.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 08:36 AM
I would debate the point about the team not being good enough to get into the playoffs. The 2nd WC spot is very possible. Will they win the SB this year? No. But if (and it is a big if) they make the playoffs in year two of Marv and Dick rebuilding this team and with the youth on it, it should be a 100% positive move in the right direction.

Much like the credit card, expecting to pay off years of debt in one day is unrealistic.

It hasn't been one day- it's been two off-seasons of Marv and Dick, not to mention almost a decade of rebuilding for the team as a whole.

Just like the debtor can't get any more credit or buy anything else of consequence until he pays off the full debt, until we can beat the Pats all the positives are for naught.

gr8slayer
11-06-2007, 08:38 AM
It hasn't been one day- it's been two off-seasons of Marv and Dick, not to mention almost a decade of rebuilding for the team as a whole.

Just like the debtor can't get any more credit or buy anything else of consequence until he pays off the full debt, until we can beat the Pats all the positives are for naught.
Lets beat the Dolphins first.

Bill Brasky
11-06-2007, 08:44 AM
when's the last time madden did a bills game? this should be awesome. somebody tape it for me. i wanna hear him say "BOOM" when schobel breaks brady's knee.

gr8slayer
11-06-2007, 08:48 AM
when's the last time madden did a bills game? this should be awesome. somebody tape it for me. i wanna hear him say "BOOM" when schobel breaks brady's knee.
I can mail you a DVD of the game :idunno;

Bill Brasky
11-06-2007, 08:51 AM
awesome. try to get some of the pregame coverage on there. i wanna see all the hype.

i'll be in the lots bright and early as usual! hopefully it snows!

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 08:52 AM

There is a very good chance nobody is beating Satn's team this year.

Do they all suck?

Bill Brasky
11-06-2007, 08:54 AM
screw you guys. we are gonna win this game. i can feel it.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Me too.

Primetime upset!!!!

SquishDaFish
11-06-2007, 08:57 AM
I have the same feeling

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 09:01 AM
There is a very good chance nobody is beating Satn's team this year.

Do they all suck?

no but they're not all in the Pats division. They can get to the playoffs without beating the Pats. We can't. Well, we can, but it's highly unlikely in the highly competitive AFC.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 09:02 AM
screw you guys. we are gonna win this game. i can feel it.

home field advantage is 3 points so we'll only lose 38-10 this time. It'll be an accomplishment to keep them under 40.

Bill Brasky
11-06-2007, 09:03 AM
home field advantage is 3 points so we'll only lose 38-10 this time. It'll be an accomplishment to keep them under 40.

man, stfu.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 09:05 AM
man, stfu.

because if you don't hear it or read it, it can't be true, right?

Face it- we're playing a superior team in a high profile game. This team has never proven they can win in either of those situations, let alone both at the same time.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 09:06 AM
no but they're not all in the Pats division. They can get to the playoffs without beating the Pats. We can't. Well, we can, but it's highly unlikely in the highly competitive AFC.

Really?

Give the Titans one wild card. Who gets the 2nd? Right now it looks like it could come down to Buffalo, Cleveland, Baltimore, KC and Jacksonville.

If anything, being in the East helps the Bills. They should get 4 wins in the division. The other teams beat each other up.

Bill Brasky
11-06-2007, 09:07 AM
no, i know where you stand op. it's littered throughout the entire thread.

the bills will lose, we'll get embarassed, yada yada yada. get the f over it man.

i'm gonna have a good time regardless.

i hope we win. will you somehow find fault in that as well?

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Really?

Give the Titans one wild card. Who gets the 2nd? Right now it looks like it could come down to Buffalo, Cleveland, Baltimore, KC and Jacksonville.

If anything, being in the East helps the Bills. They should get 4 wins in the division. The other teams beat each other up.

you forgot the Chargers- they have the same record as us. So, instead of competing with the 3 teams in our division, we're competing with at least 5 other teams.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Face it- we're playing a CROOKED team that the authorities refuse to investigate in a high profile game which indicates NBC is complicit and involved in the racket.

Fixed. :D

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 09:11 AM
no, i know where you stand op. it's littered throughout the entire thread.

the bills will lose, we'll get embarassed, yada yada yada. get the f over it man.

i'm gonna have a good time regardless.

i hope we win. will you somehow find fault in that as well?

I'm so sick of the Patriots that I don't care how ugly it is. If we win that game you won't hear a single complaint out of me. But we won't win that game so it's irrelevant.

and why should I get over it? The Pats are by far the best team in the NFL in every measurable category and they already kicked our asses once this year- what makes you think they won't do it again? A "feeling"? Give me a break, Miss Cleo.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 09:12 AM
you forgot the Chargers- they have the same record as us. So, instead of competing with the 3 teams in our division, we're competing with at least 5 other teams.

No, I did not forget them.

I was counting on them to win the West. If they don't, KC will.

And, personally, I think the Ravens are done, but they are 4-4.

BlackMetalNinja
11-06-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm so sick of the Patriots that I don't care how ugly it is. If we win that game you won't hear a single complaint out of me. But we won't win that game so it's irrelevant.

and why should I get over it? The Pats are by far the best team in the NFL in every measurable category and they already kicked our asses once this year- what makes you think they won't do it again? A "feeling"? Give me a break, Miss Cleo.

Yes because we all know that every team that is "supposed" to win a game always does...

Your act has gotten ridiculously old, ridiculously fast Op. Even the people that think you're a pretty cool guy for the most part around here are sick of having to read this endless drivel.

gr8slayer
11-06-2007, 09:16 AM

But hey, they have McGahee so they are always going to be in the race.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm with OP on the part that some of us have accepted the fact that we're NE's *****.

I am never with OP though when he's always expecting the bills to lose without a fight.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 09:17 AM

we have the tiebreaker with the Ravens so we don't have to worry about them as long as we can take care of our own business. But that's a long shot. In two weeks we're most likely going to be 5-5 with games against Jacksonville and Cleveland, two of the teams we're competing with. So, we'll pretty much have to win out after the Pats game. We get at most one loss for the rest of the season if we want to get in, and it can't be against Jax or Cleveland.

Meanwhile, in the West, two 4-4 teams are competing for the division lead- if we didn't ahve to deal with the Pats, or even if the Pats had 2 losses, we'd have a shot at the division as well as the wild card. There are only 2 ways to get into the playoffs and the Pats take one away from us every year.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Yes because we all know that every team that is "supposed" to win a game always does...

Your act has gotten ridiculously old, ridiculously fast Op. Even the people that think you're a pretty cool guy for the most part around here are sick of having to read this endless drivel.

it's not drivel.

The Pats own us and some of you refuse to accept it. You keep on thinking we can beat the Pats with no evidence. Every time we play, they either kick our ass, or come back on us because we're incapable of closing the deal. Personally I'd rather not have every football fan in the nation witness that.

But suddenly the start time of the game gets pushed back 7 hours and it's "Yeah! We're gonna win! I can feel it!"

Now that's drivel.

JD
11-06-2007, 09:26 AM
So much for thinking positive

BlackMetalNinja
11-06-2007, 09:37 AM
it's not drivel.

The Pats own us and some of you refuse to accept it. You keep on thinking we can beat the Pats with no evidence. Every time we play, they either kick our ass, or come back on us because we're incapable of closing the deal. Personally I'd rather not have every football fan in the nation witness that.

But suddenly the start time of the game gets pushed back 7 hours and it's "Yeah! We're gonna win! I can feel it!"

Now that's drivel.
Once again.. I've never said I expect Buffalo to win this game... but if I had your view point I wouldn't be within 20 feet of a TV to watch it because I already knew the outcome and wouldn't want to deal with the pain and embarrasment...

but guess what, I'll be on my couch, right in front of the TV, watching the game, hoping like hell the Bills can find a way to win and enjoying the fact that I get to watch my team at home, with an amazing crowd, take their chance in front of a national audience.

I guess I don't understand why you have to pick out the negative of every situation... but I guess I REALLY don't understand why you feel the need to come here and post it a million times over.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Once again.. I've never said I expect Buffalo to win this game... but if I had your view point I wouldn't be within 20 feet of a TV to watch it because I already knew the outcome and wouldn't want to deal with the pain and embarrasment...

but guess what, I'll be on my couch, right in front of the TV, watching the game, hoping like hell the Bills can find a way to win and enjoying the fact that I get to watch my team at home, with an amazing crowd, take their chance in front of a national audience.

I guess I don't understand why you have to pick out the negative of every situation... but I guess I REALLY don't understand why you feel the need to come here and post it a million times over.

You just don't get it- I'm a fan. We only get 16 games a year no matter how miserable they are, and I watch every second of every one. I don't have to pretend the team has a chance to watch the game- I chose my team years ago and I stand by them no matter how bad it gets.

I post it once, then people call me out on it because it's "Waaaahh he said something bad about the team and I don't want to hear it"- and after that I just respond.

And I've been over this 100 times- first, the positive is what it is. There's nothing that needs to be fixed, hence there's no discussion. Second, until we can beat the Pats, the positive is meaningless- it's better but better isn't necessarily good enough. Until we can beat the Pats and actually win something, getting all excited about the positive is just accepting mediocrity.

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2007, 09:44 AM
BMN, Op is a negative nelly. He can't handle joy and happiness. Just let him be miserable!

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 09:47 AM
BMN, Op is a negative nelly. He can't handle joy and happiness. Just let him be miserable!

what happiness is there in getting our asses kicked by the Pats? What happiness is there in missing the playoffs year after year? What happiness is there in having no shot at winning the division year after year?

BlackMetalNinja
11-06-2007, 09:50 AM
what happiness is there in getting our asses kicked by the Pats? What happiness is there in missing the playoffs year after year? What happiness is there in having no shot at winning the division year after year?

If you tell me there is no Santa Claus too, I'm going to kick you in the nuts.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 09:55 AM
If you tell me there is no Santa Claus too, I'm going to kick you in the nuts.

thank you- you hit the nail on the head. People would rather live in their fantasy world than accept the truth and I just can't understand it.

The truth is we beat two one-dimensional teams in Baltimore and Cincinatti and the hapless Jets twice. Now, that's not a bad thing- we have to play who's on the schedule and we're playing better and beating the teams that we should be beating.

But this team has yet to do anything to suggest we're anywhere close to the Pats.

gr8slayer
11-06-2007, 10:02 AM
thank you- you hit the nail on the head. People would rather live in their fantasy world than accept the truth and I just can't understand it.

The truth is we beat two one-dimensional teams in Baltimore and Cincinatti and the hapless Jets twice. Now, that's not a bad thing- we have to play who's on the schedule and we're playing better and beating the teams that we should be beating.

But this team has yet to do anything to suggest we're anywhere close to the Pats.
We don't have to be as good as them to beat them. We just have to be better than them for three hours.

HAMMER
11-06-2007, 10:10 AM

We don't all think we will win, but we do have a chance to win. We choose to see the glass being half full, have some love for our team. Not beat them down at every turn like you and Wys. Everyone here knows what we face in the Pats, we do have a chance to win the game and the Bills will leave their hearts on the field. It is better than having no heart, no optimism. You just can't let the fans on this board enjoy themselves, you have to try and piss in every thread and be the counterpoint. It's beyond old, you need a swift kick in the nuts.

BAM
11-06-2007, 10:14 AM
We don't all think we will win, but we do have a chance to win. We choose to see the glass being half full, have some love for our team. Not beat them down at every turn like you and Wys. Everyone here knows what we face in the Pats, we do have a chance to win the game and the Bills will leave their hearts on the field. It is better than having no heart, no optimism. You just can't let the fans on this board enjoy themselves, you have to try and piss in every thread and be the counterpoint. It's beyond old, you need a swift kick in the nuts.
I totally agree. They both do.

That'd be even more hilarious than reading their posts!

As well as some of the reactions they get.

BlackMetalNinja
11-06-2007, 10:16 AM

Damn... I agree with Hammer... that's a scary thought.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 10:22 AM
what happiness is there in getting our asses kicked by the Pats? What happiness is there in missing the playoffs year after year? What happiness is there in having no shot at winning the division year after year?you're miserable about things that have not yet happened.

You were miserable about the state of this D coming inot the season predicting that they would be worse than last year.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 10:23 AM

What he said.

mybills
11-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Zero.
That's the point! :up:

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 10:37 AM

no, I can't let the fans enjoy themselves on false premises. I don't want fans who can't follow the team when the chips are down without a delusion that the team is somehow better than it is.

We have a chance against the Pats based on what? Some "any given Sunday" mantra? Please.

mybills
We don't have to be as good as them to beat them. We just have to be better than them for three hours.
one hour

JD
:bow:

JD
11-06-2007, 10:43 AM
no, I can't let the fans enjoy themselves on false premises. I don't want fans who can't follow the team when the chips are down without a delusion that the team is somehow better than it is.

We have a chance against the Pats based on what? Some "any given Sunday" mantra? Please.
Everyone ruled us out against the Cowboys and we almost won the game! It is obvious that the Patriots are far superior than any team in this league. But, to bend over and get raped in the ass like apparently you want us to do is just pathetic. You have no faith after years and years of dissapointment, do you think you're the only fan thats gone through the same ****!?!?!?!! Holy christ you are the most negative person on the face of this earth, I cannot imagine what your household is like. Do you celebrate birthdays or christmas? I would assume not christmas since I could see you saying something like "Santa Claus is fake, **** presents" to your 4 year old little daughter. Just let us have some ****ing hope for once while you just quit talking in the meantime.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Everyone ruled us out against the Cowboys and we almost won the ****ing game. It is obvious that the Patriots are far superior than any team in this league. But, to bend over and get ****ed in the ass like apparently you want us to do is just pathetic. You have no faith after years and years of dissapointment, do you think you're the only ****ing fan thats gone through the same ****!?!?!?!! Holy **** man you are the most negative douchebag on the face of this earth, I cannot imagine what your household is like. Do you celebrate birthdays or christmas? I would assume not christmas since I could see you saying something like "Santa Claus is fake, **** presents" to your 4 year old little daughter. Just let us have some ****ing hope for once while you just quit talking in the meantime.

can we please stop talking about how we ALMOST won against the Cowboys? Almost doesn't count and we LOST in an embarrassing collapse.

I KNOW I'm not the only fan who's gone through it, which is why I don't understand the optimism and the faith after this team has repeatedly let us down.

And if you honestly think I treat life like I treat a football team that's been disappointing for a decade, you need serious help.

JD
11-06-2007, 10:54 AM
It would be quite hard to be so damn negative on sports but then be so happy and positive with life itself. Even once in a while you would be optimistic when it came to your sports teams, but you're always negative and beating on others who TRY to remain positive.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 10:59 AM
It would be quite hard to be so damn negative on sports but then be so happy and positive with life itself. Even once in a while you would be optimistic when it came to your sports teams, but you're always negative and beating on others who TRY to remain positive.

what's the point of being positive when we're failing? It's counterintuitive.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 11:10 AM
what's the point of being positive when we're failing? It's counterintuitive.

Because even when they succeed (i.e. beat the Jets) you are still negative.

Negative after a loss? Sure. Understandable.

After a win? C'mon now.

BAM
11-06-2007, 11:11 AM
And if you honestly think I treat life like I treat a football team that's been disappointing for a decade, you need serious help.

I dunno man... I've been around these last few years to see your posts and I've noticed it's not only football that you're negative about.... In fact you seem to have a negative view on just about everything. I feel kind of sorry for you actually.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Because even when they succeed (i.e. beat the Jets) you are still negative.

Negative after a loss? Sure. Understandable.

After a win? C'mon now.

just because we win doesn't mean all is right with the world. If you can't see that not scoring in the red zone against the Jets is a huge problem, I don't know what to tell you.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I dunno man... I've been around these last few years to see your posts and I've noticed it's not only football that you're negative about.... In fact you seem to have a negative view on just about everything. I feel kind of sorry for you actually.

First, does ANYONE around here understand the concept of an "outlet"? Damn.

Second, so what? I feel sorry for people who go through life with rose colored glasses. If you think everything is perfect, where's the motivation to make it better?

It's like Denis Leary says: "Happiness comes in small doses folks. It's a cigarette butt, or a chocolate chip cookie or a five second orgasm. You come, you smoke the butt you eat the cookie you go to sleep wake up and go back to ****ing work the next morning, THAT'S IT! End of ****ing list! "

Enjoy things for what they're worth but don't make things that aren't good better than they are and don't expect every aspect of life to make you happy. Right now, we suck. Yeah, we won a few games, but we're a long way from accomplishing the goal. That's just how it is- deal with it.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Except we don't suck.

The Patriots were not built in one year, or even two.

The Bills are a young, improving team.

Can't you accept that for what it is?

hurls
11-06-2007, 11:17 AM
one hour

Not really, as the Bills have been pretty good between 2:30 and 3:30 pm. It's the last hour the Bills need to win.

BAM
11-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I feel even sorrier for anyone that bases their views of life on anything said by Dennis Leary.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Except we don't suck.

The Patriots were not built in one year, or even two.

The Bills are a young, improving team.

Can't you accept that for what it is?

no.

because we've been an "improving team" in 2006 and 2004 and 2002 and it never got us anywhere.

hurls
11-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Just because he has a glass half empty mind-set doesn't mean the guy's a poor father(if he even has kids) or poor family man. This is a message board to air opinions and grievances against a team. Fault his Bills beliefs, but unless you know him, to call him a bad family guy is plain rude. Sorry, just my opinion. I guess I'm a poor father to the kids I don't have too. :sad:

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 11:23 AM
I feel even sorrier for anyone that bases their views of life on anything said by Dennis Leary.

why is that? Just because he swears a lot means he's incapable of saying anything meaningful? Please.

hurls
11-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey, Dennis Leary saves lives by running into burning buildings.

BAM
11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
He has some of the most twisted views on life and is not that funny actually. Taking pride in being an a$$hole is a great way to walk through life.

JD
11-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Just because he has a glass half empty mind-set doesn't mean the guy's a poor father(if he even has kids) or poor family man. This is a message board to air opinions and grievances against a team. Fault his Bills beliefs, but unless you know him, to call him a bad family guy is plain rude. Sorry, just my opinion. I guess I'm a poor father to the kids I don't have too. :sad:
I wasnt attacking his family or anything. I was just saying it would SEEM like thats something he would say since he has such a negative aspect on everything. I mean cant you just live and be happy with what we got? We have rookies that are turning heads across the league. I think this is one of the most positive years for the bills in a long time! On top of that, after three straight wins... how can one not be happy or optimistic for once??

*que OP saying "omg it was the bengals for christs sake, it was the blah blah effin blah"*

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
He has some of the most twisted views on life and is not that funny actually. Taking pride in being an a$$hole is a great way to walk through life.

I completely disagree. Just because someone's views aren't mainstream doesn't make them twisted.

But, I wouldn't expect you to understand Denis Leary. If someone ran over your foot with a car, you'd be happy because it would be an excuse to buy new shoes.

hurls
11-06-2007, 11:33 AM

Do you even know ANYTHING baout Leary other than his "*******" song? The guy is on Rescue Me, which is a pretty decent show, and he does countless charity work, mainly with Cam Neely from the Bruins. He's not a horrible guy.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 11:33 AM
I wasnt attacking his family or anything. I was just saying it would SEEM like thats something he would say since he has such a negative aspect on everything. I mean cant you just live and be happy with what we got? We have rookies that are turning heads across the league. I think this is one of the most positive years for the bills in a long time! On top of that, after three straight wins... how can one not be happy or optimistic for once??

*que OP saying "omg it was the bengals for christs sake, it was the blah blah effin blah"*

That's the whole problem- why should we be happy with what we got when we're still not good enough to accomplish the goal? "We're still not going to make the playoffs and we're nowhere near being able to win the Super Bowl, but some idiot sports writers who usually hate on Buffalo are noticing our rookies!" Wow, that's asinine.

And for the record, it was Wys who said it was only the Bengals, not me.

BAM
11-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Do you even know ANYTHING baout Leary other than his "*******" song? The guy is on Rescue Me, which is a pretty decent show, and he does countless charity work, mainly with Cam Neely from the Bruins. He's not a horrible guy.

I do actually. I've seen all of his standup routines and several episodes of his fireman show.

Do you know much about him?

Do you know that he stole a lot of his material from Bill Hicks and should attribute a lot of his early comedy success to him?

hurls
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
That's the whole problem- why should we be happy with what we got when we're still not good enough to accomplish the goal? "We're still not going to make the playoffs and we're nowhere near being able to win the Super Bowl, but some idiot sports writers who usually hate on Buffalo are noticing our rookies!" Wow, that's asinine.

And for the record, it was Wys who said it was only the Bengals, not me.

There I will disagree because it is good that Nat'l writers notice the rookies. It shows there's some promise for the coming years. No one's expecting big things this year, but to see the Rooks getting attention shows the front office is doing it's job in that part.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 11:39 AM
I do actually. I've seen all of his standup routines and several episodes of his fireman show.

Do you know that he stole a lot of his material from Bill Hicks and should attribute a lot of his early comedy success to him?

Just because Joe Rogan said that Leary stole material doesn't mean it's a fact. Rogan tends to hate on guys who have success.

And considering Rescue Me is in it's 4th season and Bill Hicks died like two decades ago, I don't think Leary's still stealing material. The guy's obviously talented.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
There I will disagree because it is good that Nat'l writers notice the rookies. It shows there's some promise for the coming years. No one's expecting big things this year, but to see the Rooks getting attention shows the front office is doing it's job in that part.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

I'm saying it's not good enough.

hurls
11-06-2007, 11:41 AM

Stole from Bill Hicks? That dead man sucked. Last I checked Leary's still kicking. I guess it pays to be an *******, in your eyes. That's why OP and I will live a long life, and you will go down with a skateboarder's name. :yle:

HAMMER

False premises? What's false about a banged up team winning three games in a row? What's false about having an improved O-Line, what's false about having a rookie RB that is in the top 5 in the NFL in rushing, what's false about a defense that has kept all but a couple teams below their scoring average? Yes our coaches have made a couple mistakes, but they have also kept a team that looked like it was on the verge of implosion intact and rallied them. "You don't want fans who can't follow the team when the chips are down w/o a delusion that the team is somehow better than it is." First of all, who gives a shnit what you want? Are you the Bills Fan Commisioner? Second of all, I think it is pretty clear that no one wants a "fan" like you backing their team, except maybe Wys so he can have someone else around to try and validate his misery. Once again, no one thinks this team is somehow on the verge of a Super Bowl, but we are on the way up. Let us enjoy that and let's see where it goes. Smile.

BAM
I completely disagree. Just because someone's views aren't mainstream doesn't make them twisted.

But, I wouldn't expect you to understand Denis Leary. If someone ran over your foot with a car, you'd be happy because it would be an excuse to buy new shoes.

Oh I fully understand his "comedy" I just don't find it very amusing. What I don't understand is how anyone can go through life being so negative about anything and everything. Do you realize it's very unhealthy for you? Oh well it's not my life. To each his own. Carry on!

Funny you mention about the car bit though. I was out yesterday overseeing a saw-cut/pavement replacement out in Smithsburg and my foot nearly got run over by the mini-roller. That could have hurt!

hurls
11-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Joe Rogan?!?!!? It's based on that loser?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 11:42 AM
False premises? What's false about a banged up team winning three games in a row? What's false about having an improved O-Line, what's false about having a rookie RB that is in the top 5 in the NFL in rushing, what's false about a defense that has kept all but a couple teams below their scoring average? Yes our coaches have made a couple mistakes, but they have also kept a team that looked like it was on the verge of implosion intact and rallied them. "You don't want fans who can't follow the team when the chips are down w/o a delusion that the team is somehow better than it is." First of all, who gives a shnit what you want? Are you the Bills Fan Commisioner? Second of all, I think it is pretty clear that no one wants a "fan" like you backing their team, except maybe Wys so he can have someone else around to try and validate his misery. Once again, no one thinks this team is somehow on the verge of a Super Bowl, but we are on the way up. Let us enjoy that and let's see where it goes. Smile.

I'll smile when we get to where it's going, if ever.

BAM
11-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Just because Joe Rogan said that Leary stole material doesn't mean it's a fact. Rogan tends to hate on guys who have success.

And considering Rescue Me is in it's 4th season and Bill Hicks died like two decades ago, I don't think Leary's still stealing material. The guy's obviously talented.

Have you ever listened to Bill Hicks? I suggest you pick up a couple of his earlier concerts and then compare them to Dennis Leary's.

What's actually funny is what Bill Hicks said when asked about the accusations:

"I have a scoop for you. I stole his act. I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did it before he did."

hurls
11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
What's Hicks saying now? Tough to talk with all that dirt in his mouth.

BAM
11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Joe Rogan?!?!!? It's based on that loser?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've never actually heard about Joe Rogan's accusations. I did see a while back that he accused Carlos Mencia of stealing jokes. But I do agree, Joe Rogan is a loser.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Oh I fully understand his "comedy" I just don't find it very amusing. What I don't understand is how anyone can go through life being so negative about anything and everything. Do you realize it's very unhealthy for you? Oh well it's not my life. To each his own. Carry on!

Funny you mention about the car bit though. I was out yesterday overseeing a saw-cut/pavement replacement out in Smithsburg and my foot nearly got run over by the mini-roller. That could have hurt!

how is it unhealthy? I don't have any health problems. In fact, it's been a long time since I've had my BP taken, but the last time I had it taken, it was lower than average.

I think it's unhealthy to gloss everything over with a positive spin and pretend things are better than they are. Eventually it will catch up with you.

Glad your foot didn't become part of the new blacktop.

hurls
11-06-2007, 12:02 PM
BAM- Glad you agree Rogan is a loser. What I meant was Jackass' Bam Margera, who I now realize your name is not after. So yes, I look stupid now. He's the only Bam I know, so I made the wrong assumption. :up:

BAM
11-06-2007, 12:04 PM
No pretending here brother! I wouldn't change one thing about my life. Every day is a blessing and I wouldn't change one thing about it. Sure we all have bad times it's part of life, but I don't dwell on them. You learn and move on.

I'm not going into detail on the effects of negativity, but you should look them up sometime. Briefly though, continuous negativity is linked to depression, coronary heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, stress, anxiety, amongst others.

Glad you don't have any of those though and I wouldn't wish them upon anybody. :up:

BAM
11-06-2007, 12:08 PM
BAM- Glad you agree Rogan is a loser. What I meant was Jackass' Bam Margera, who I now realize your name is not after. So yes, I look stupid now. He's the only Bam I know, so I made the wrong assumption. :up:

No prob man. I was lost there for a second. I didn't mean to upset you with my comments about Leary, but it's my opinion of the guy. Which fortunately, like his a$$-hole song, everyone is allowed to have one.

:beers:

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 12:09 PM
no.

because we've been an "improving team" in 2006 and 2004 and 2002 and it never got us anywhere.

With a different front office and a much older team.

The situations are quite different.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
With a different front office and a much older team.

The situations are quite different.

I understand the differences. But as we know from the QB and coaching carousel, "different" does not necessarily mean "better". There are some encouraging signs, but it's clear we're not there yet.

BAM
11-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Will you be at all optimistic when we upset New England next weekend? :D

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Will you be at all optimistic when we upset New England next weekend? :D

IF we upset NE next weekend (which we won't) you won't hear a single complaint about me. It will be a really encouraging sign, but if we beat NE then lose to Cleveland and Jacksonville, what difference did it make? I'll enjoy it in the moment but I'm not going to get excited until we accomplish something. This team has let us down too many times.

BAM
11-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Fair enough. :beers:

You would think that an upset of New England would be the ultimate momentum booster though! What a high that would be.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Fair enough. :beers:

You would think that an upset of New England would be the ultimate momentum booster though! What a high that would be.

definitely- that's why the Dallas game was so infuriating. We were seconds away from winning a big game against a good team on national TV- it would have been our first big game victory in easily a decade.

A night win over NE would be even bigger.

hurls
11-06-2007, 02:33 PM
But our Dallas win over the Bills was even sweeter! :oops:

HAMMER
11-06-2007, 02:35 PM
IF we upset NE next weekend (which we won't) you won't hear a single complaint about me. It will be a really encouraging sign, but if we beat NE then lose to Cleveland and Jacksonville, what difference did it make? I'll enjoy it in the moment but I'm not going to get excited until we accomplish something. This team has let us down too many times.

Literally impossible, there is no way you could make it one week w/o crying about something.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Literally impossible, there is no way you could make it one week w/o crying about something.

Ha, saying something about the team that's true but bad is hardly crying.

The crying is what happens after I say it- "waaaah he said something bad about the team and now I have to acknowledge that's true. Waaahh make him stfu"

HAMMER
11-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Ha, saying something about the team that's true but bad is hardly crying.

The crying is what happens after I say it- "waaaah he said something bad about the team and now I have to acknowledge that's true. Waaahh make him stfu"

You have been wrong more than right, by far.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 04:31 PM
IF we upset NE next weekend (which we won't) :rofl:

you won't hear a single complaint about me.

but we will will hear complaints from you.