PDA

View Full Version : Red Zone on Sirius said that Jauron should be coach of the year and that Lynch is...

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Red Zone on Sirrius just said that Jauron should be coach of the year and that Lynch is the 2nd best rookie in the league.

Wow!!!!

DMBcrew36
11-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I agree on the 2nd part. Though, after Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis is there too.

The Answer
11-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Red Zone on Sirrius just said that Jauron should be coach of the year and that Lynch is the 2nd best rookie in the league.

Wow!!!!

And both statements are correct.

1) The Answer has been one of the biggest critics of The Corpse ever since he was hired. But he has done an OUTSTANDING job this year given the injuries (especially the Everett situation), QB controversy, limited talent, etc. We could and should be a 6-2 squad right now but the fact we are .500 speaks volumes about this. Great job cryptkeeper!

2) No matter how much of a homer you are - you can't say AP isn't the best rookie in the league, and possibly the best player in the league right now. There have been many great RB's that have come and gone in this league but none of them have accomplished what AP has. Plus when you consider he has no viable passing attack and defenses are putting 8 in the box every play it's remarkable. This kid is going to set more records this season when it's all said and done. With that said, Lynch is a beast and would easily be on his way to ROY if AP hadn't been drafted this year as well. Let's hope we see monster games here on out from him. The Answer would also like to see him make a bigger impact as a receiver as well.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I agree on the 2nd part. Though, after Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis is there too.

Is Patrick Willis playing well? He looked good in the opener and i haven't heard much since?

By the way Nate has been not existant as I suspected. Highest paid D player in league history, what a joke.

Andbody see Spikes last night speaking of jokes?

Don't Panic
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
The cryptkeeper... nice. Beason has played well too.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 01:06 PM
anyone who thinks Jauron deserves accolades is smoking crack. The coaching staff costs us two victories and continues to be too predictable on offense.

CuseJetsFan83
11-05-2007, 01:12 PM

Wow!!!!

barring injury i could see AP becoming the NFC player of the year to be shared with favre most likely if they play the way they have

TigerJ
11-05-2007, 01:18 PM
anyone who thinks Jauron deserves accolades is smoking crack. The coaching staff costs us two victories and continues to be too predictable on offense.

In terms of game management, this coaching staff has certainly had it's problems, but I don't know that the national media examines individual games as closely as fans do. If you back up a bit, what you see is that Jauron has had this team ready to play every week, save against Pittsburgh and New England. Nobody is going to blame the Bills for losing big to New England this season. Jauron has had his team ready to play despite the team being decimated by injuries early in the season.

We can question the soft defense Buffalo played at the tail end of the Dallas game, but the rest of the country still sees the fact that it took arguably the third best team in the league a miracle finish to come away with a one point victory versus Buffalo.

Buffatexas
11-05-2007, 01:22 PM

and Jauron must have been the holder on the lindell missed Fgs, that would have made us 6-2 right???...only saying that you cannot 100 percent blame the coaches for those two losses. You have to give Jauron some credit for the way this team has pulled together.

and I love the cryptkeeper reference, but I call him Fire Marshall Bill from Living Color

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
and Jauron must have been the holder on the lindell missed Fgs, that would have made us 6-2 right???...only saying that you cannot 100 percent blame the coaches for those two losses. You have to give Jauron some credit for the way this team has pulled together.

and I love the cryptkeeper reference, but I call him Fire Marshall Bill from Living Color

better play calls and those FG's don't matter. Red zone production and those FG's don't matter. Unless you want to try to say that coaches have nothing to do with play calling and red zone production....

Like I said, I'll give him credit for having the team prepared, but once the opening kick off goes into the air, Jauron and Fairchild lose their minds.

Fire Marshall Bill is the best one yet- better than the Crypt keeper or Skeletor.

Buffatexas
11-05-2007, 02:28 PM
better play calls and those FG's don't matter. Red zone production and those FG's don't matter. Unless you want to try to say that coaches have nothing to do with play calling and red zone production....

Like I said, I'll give him credit for having the team prepared, but once the opening kick off goes into the air, Jauron and Fairchild lose their minds.

Fire Marshall Bill is the best one yet- better than the Crypt keeper or Skeletor.

no doubt the coaching staff has something to do with redzone production, they call the play and it is up to the players to execute. Now, I say it is up to the QB to read the defense and change the play if applicable. Why this doesn't happen more often is beyond me.

JD
11-05-2007, 02:30 PM
OP we agree on something :up:

Now I'll just go back to SabresZone since I am obviously not a Bills fan.

HAMMER
11-05-2007, 02:31 PM

There is only one thing that matters, victories! Enjoy it.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 02:35 PM
There is only one thing that matters, victories! Enjoy it.

oh I thoroughly enjoyed it. We shut down a good O and owned a poor D, but that's what you're supposed to do so I'm not going to knock the team for beating up a poor D. We have to play who's on the schedule.

But I just don't think Jauron should be getting the credit that he's getting.

cordog
11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Is Patrick Willis playing well? He looked good in the opener and i haven't heard much since?

By the way Nate has been not existant as I suspected. Highest paid D player in league history, what a joke.

I watched TKO last night and I have to say, the front office made the right decision trading him. Be thankful we got a 5th out of him. He looks awful. No matter where he goes, the team loses. Coincidence or bad luck?

BillsOverDolphins
11-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Rod Marinelli is COY as of this point

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
I watched TKO last night and I have to say, the front office made the right decision trading him. Be thankful we got a 5th out of him. He looks awful. No matter where he goes, the team loses. Coincidence or bad luck?

Funny, but the only guy that has looked like we should have kept him has been Fletcher.

Spikes is absolutely terrible. I watched the game last night and I'm not sure what he's doing out there.

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 07:08 PM

Few people are thorough in their assessments Op. Anyone on the air can say anything that they want to any time. That's just the business.

It will be interesting to hear what fans are saying in four or five weeks after we continue to struggle against even the mediocre teams we face.

I continue to be utterly astonished at the notions that somehow we have a serious shot at the playoffs with three wins over the Jets and Bengals. Just astonished. Beating those teams is anything but a gauge of success. Anything but.

It truly is amusing however. Most seriously. I honestly don't see any of what happened on Sunday translating down the line. I see Lynch, whose on pace for nearly 1,400 yards slowing to log not much more than 1,200, still great for a rookie and far from an indictment of his play, but meaning only about 500 yards over the next 8 games.

Sure, people can feel free to believe whatever they choose, but the basis for it is as thin as the atmosphere on the moon. I consider this merely one of the "mood swings" on this season. LOL

Patrick76777
11-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I continue to be utterly astonished at the notions that somehow we have a serious shot at the playoffs with three wins over the Jets and Bengals. Just astonished. Beating those teams is anything but a gauge of success. Anything but.

Interesting. On Tuesday you spoke very highly of the high powered Cincy O and predicted a double digit loss.

Now they're a bunch of losers.

astonishing eh!

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Interesting. On Tuesday you spoke very highly of the high powered Cincy O and predicted a double digit loss.

astonishing eh!

Wys is just pure negativity. This game scared me but we prevailed.

YardRat
11-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I'll wait until about week twelve or thirteen before anointing anybody as a possibility for anything...There's just too many games left to play. It is nice however, to see the current win streak giving some positive press for the team.

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 09:57 PM

astonishing eh!

To be quite honest Patrick, my memories of them were from past seasons. Sorry, but I haven't really paid much attention to the Bengals this season.

I also didn't know that Chad Johnson of all WRs would wipe his hands down with grease prior to the game.

Either way, as I said, great game. In hindsight however, I was not at all impressed by the Bengals and their D was worse than it has been.

Funny though, I really like how our entire season has been synopsized by the Cincy and Jets games.

I also said that the Ravens were overrated and many here took issue with that. Well now, it would seem that's the case too.

While teams like Denver, Baltimore, the Jets, and even Bengals, prior to the season appeared to be headed for being mediocre teams or better, about the best that can be said for any of them is that on a good day their mediocre.

Meanwhile, this translates to greatness for y'all. Good to see such high standards of football from you and the others. LOL

And some here actually still blather on about how tough a schedule we've had. Too funny. We've had two tought opponents and got slaughtered by both and had a third show up with Santa Claus suits on yet we still couldn't take advantage of record favorable circumstances despite their generosity.

And you guys truly think this team is going anywhere but to another rebuild after you finally overcome your denial that it's led by simpletons. Sure.

As I said, no lack of entertainment here however. The nooses will begin making appearances, oh, about week 12 or 13 I'd say.

Meanwhile, this just in, but we haven't had one victory over an even remotely impressive team yet.

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Wys is just pure negativity. This game scared me but we prevailed.

Nice to see you at least being fair Hurricane. I expected more from you.

I acknowledged that we played a good game on Sunday. Too bad you can't have the grace and tact to acknowledge that. Doesn't say much for you to be frank. I'm used to that here however. Little integrity.

EricStratton
11-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Meanwhile, this just in, but we haven't had one victory over an even remotely impressive team yet.

You'r eonly allowed to play who is in front of you each week Mark, the NFL pretty much dictates that.

Oaf
11-05-2007, 10:32 PM

Willis has done very well on a poor team, and so has David Harris on the Jets.

Lynch for Pro Bowl anyone? He's got my vote.

gr8slayer
11-05-2007, 10:35 PM
OP we agree on something :up:

Now I'll just go back to SabresZone since I am obviously not a Bills fan.
Good idea.

EricStratton
11-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Willis has done very well on a poor team, and so has David Harris on the Jets.

Lynch for Pro Bowl anyone? He's got my vote.

A lot of good things are also being said about the tackle the Browns took. I watched him in one game and he looks great but that was a few weeks ago.

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Red Zone on Sirrius just said that Jauron should be coach of the year

:rofl:

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Glad the press is behind us, it should get us some more primetime games.

DynaPaul
11-06-2007, 08:16 AM
The cryptkeeper... nice. Beason has played well too.

We call him Skeletor out here.

"Ha ha ha HE-man, my plot will defeat you once and for all!"

Patrick76777
11-06-2007, 09:35 AM
You'r eonly allowed to play who is in front of you each week Mark, the NFL pretty much dictates that.

Exactly.

Maybe we should refuse the game against Miami this week. Because in Wys World, it's really no win situation.

If we win, Big deal, Miami stinks.

If we lose, it'll be, "I can't beleive we lost to Miami, they're terrible.

So, NFL please do us a favor. Take Miami off the Schedule and give us NE on back to back weeks. Because it only matters when we play the great teams.