PDA

View Full Version : Coach of the Week: Dick Jauron

Ed
11-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Coach of the Week

Buffalo head coach Dick Jauron. You are Dick Jauron. You've had to deal with the spinal injury in the opener to Kevin Everett and you've lost some ridiculous games early, like the Denver game on a field goal at the gun, and the Dallas game in as time expired when you had it won about six times. You go on your bye 1-4, hoping you have enough players to finish the season respectfully after losing key defensive leaders Paul Posluszny (broken arm), cornerback Jason Webster (broken arm) and safety Ko Simpson (broken ankle). And you pull your team together, somehow, to beat Baltimore 19-14, and then the Jets 13-3, and, on Sunday, the Bengals 33-21. And you might have two quarterbacks, and you might have none. And, finally, you just might be over .500 in mid-November in six days, with a trip to Miami coming this weekend

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/11/04/mmqb/5.html

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:43 PM
oh god what a joke.

The idiotic play calling took at least 2 TD's off the board.

jdbillsfan
11-05-2007, 12:55 PM
oh god what a joke.

Jauron doesn't call the plays.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Jauron doesn't call the plays.

well he controls the guy who calls the plays. It starts at the top.

Dr. Lecter
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
oh god what a joke.

OK, when did that happen????

And your play calls are guarenteed to work???????

WTH are you talking about?

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Give the guy props. He's doing a good job with a bunch of no names.

The Answer
11-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Coach of the Week

Buffalo head coach Dick Jauron. You are Dick Jauron. You've had to deal with the spinal injury in the opener to Kevin Everett and you've lost some ridiculous games early, like the Denver game on a field goal at the gun, and the Dallas game in as time expired when you had it won about six times. You go on your bye 1-4, hoping you have enough players to finish the season respectfully after losing key defensive leaders Paul Posluszny (broken arm), cornerback Jason Webster (broken arm) and safety Ko Simpson (broken ankle). And you pull your team together, somehow, to beat Baltimore 19-14, and then the Jets 13-3, and, on Sunday, the Bengals 33-21. And you might have two quarterbacks, and you might have none. And, finally, you just might be over .500 in mid-November in six days, with a trip to Miami coming this weekend

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/11/04/mmqb/5.html

Quietly Richard 'The Corpse' Jauron is building his own legacy similar to Bill 'The Hoodie' Belichik.

~The Answer

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 01:02 PM
OK, when did that happen????

And your play calls are guarenteed to work???????

WTH are you talking about?

that ridiculous 3 te, lynch in motion running play on 1st and goal at the end of the 2nd drive. We lost like 4 yards- it was the most gutless, conservative goal line play in the history of the NFL.

Our only red zone TD in 4 trips came off a trick play.

The playcalling was predictable again- Reed turned inside on EVERY running play. That's poor coaching.

No calls are guaranteed to work, but Fairchild's calls are so gutless and predictable that they're almost guaranteed not to work. And Jauron stands there and lets it happen.

alohabillsfan
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=OpIv37]that ridiculous 3 te, lynch in motion running play on 1st and goal at the end of the 2nd drive. We lost like 4 yards- it was the most gutless, conservative goal line play in the history of the NFL.

The playcalling was predictable again- Reed turned inside on EVERY running play. That's poor coaching.

I have to totally agree with that one! I was saying the same thing ti the wifey at the house! They have to come up with a wrinkle or 2!

P.S. That is not poor coaching, technically, it's poor play calling

Dr. Lecter
11-05-2007, 01:07 PM
I did not like that call either (QB sneak).

But, for God's sake, can you look at the game as whole or not? 479 yards is worth some praise, is it not?

And it is funny that you complain abotu the predictability and fail to praise how off guard the Bengals were on the Lynch pass.

The biggest RedZone problem is lack of WR with those abilities. Price was the best at it and he is now out.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=OpIv37]that ridiculous 3 te, lynch in motion running play on 1st and goal at the end of the 2nd drive. We lost like 4 yards- it was the most gutless, conservative goal line play in the history of the NFL.

I have to totally agree with that one! I was saying the same thing ti the wifey at the house! They have to come up with a wrinkle or 2!

P.S. That is not poor coaching, technically, it's poor play calling

I think it's a little of both- they could teach Reed not to turn in until AFTER the ball is snapped.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 01:11 PM
I did not like that call either (QB sneak).

But, for God's sake, can you look at the game as whole or not? 479 yards is worth some praise, is it not?

And it is funny that you complain abotu the predictability and fail to praise how off guard the Bengals were on the Lynch pass.

The biggest RedZone problem is lack of WR with those abilities. Price was the best at it and he is now out.

so they got it right once out of how many offensive plays? I did like that Lynch pass call but after the first drive, they were their same old conservative selves other than that call.

I'll give this coaching staff credit for having the team well prepared for every game- it's allowed this team to get by despite a slew of injuries and a lack of overall talent. But their game day decision making still sucks.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention- another time out early in the 3rd. Thanks to Lynch, we had enough of a lead that it didn't matter in the end. But I hate it how this team always burns TO's early then doesn't have them in crunch time.

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 01:16 PM

I've never in my life as a Bills fan seen so much embellishment of the team's supposed achievements over what are obviously two horrible teams in three of four wins. Even the Bledsoe era wasn't this bad.

It's more entertaining than the games themselves.

Three weeks ago we ranked near the bottom in just about every significant category. Now after inflating our rankings at the hands of a pair of games vs. the Bengals and Jets, all of a sudden our coach is "doing a good job?"

I'm tellin' ya, definitely stay tuned here to this one folks! This MB is gonna be an absolute hootin' holler in about five weeks! LOL

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
haha! 3 bad teams. In hindsight we had the toughest schedule prior to the season. Things change. Oh well.

madness
11-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Get used to it.

Word around the NFL is that a lot of people are impressed with what Jauron's doing this year and now it's starting to spread throughout the media.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Get used to it.

Word around the NFL is that a lot of people are impressed with what Jauron's doing this year and now it's starting to spread throughout the media.

one loss and they'll be singing the opposite tune- the media is always the first on the bandwagon and the first to jump back off.

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Ya'll sure it wasn't Coach of the Weak?

Mahdi
11-05-2007, 01:53 PM
so they got it right once out of how many offensive plays? I did like that Lynch pass call but after the first drive, they were their same old conservative selves other than that call.

I'll give this coaching staff credit for having the team well prepared for every game- it's allowed this team to get by despite a slew of injuries and a lack of overall talent. But their game day decision making still sucks.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention- another time out early in the 3rd. Thanks to Lynch, we had enough of a lead that it didn't matter in the end. But I hate it how this team always burns TO's early then doesn't have them in crunch time.
What I dont understand is why they dont throw a fade to Parrish.... this coaching staff is garbage.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
What I dont understand is why they dont throw a fade to Parrish.... this coaching staff is garbage.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, cuz the ONLY options are fades to Parrish and what we're doing. BTW, what we're doing isn't working but this coaching staff keeps trying to do it over and over again. BRILLIANT!

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 01:56 PM
I personally think that these guys are actually planning for games. They have very specific game plans and are making adjustments at halftime.

Believe what you want but the coaching staff is doing a better job week in and week out. If they come up with a plan to defeat the almighty Bruschi and crew then I'll be sold.

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm tellin' ya, definitely stay tuned here to this one folks! This MB is gonna be an absolute hootin' holler in about five weeks! LOL

Just like you're hootin and hollerin here after every bills win or especially 3 straight wins?

You must be dyin to run someone over with yer truck, buddy. ;)

Bills Win!!! I know you hate it when I say it.

jdbillsfan
11-05-2007, 02:02 PM
I've never in my life as a Bills fan seen so much embellishment of the team's supposed achievements over what are obviously two horrible teams in three of four wins. Even the Bledsoe era wasn't this bad.

It's more entertaining than the games themselves.

Three weeks ago we ranked near the bottom in just about every significant category. Now after inflating our rankings at the hands of a pair of games vs. the Bengals and Jets, all of a sudden our coach is "doing a good job?"

They are not good teams and we beat them. Our stats are still near the bottom and no one is claiming anything other than the fact that Jauron is doing a good job. We don't have a ton of talent yet, but they are building with some young guys. They are winning games and competing. After going 0-3, they are now 4-4. The coaching has got to count for something in that.

I don't see what where the embellishment is?

HAMMER
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Just like you're hootin and hollerin here after every bills win or especially 3 straight wins?

It's unbelievable, we win three in a row and we're still horrible according to the wing sauce and football "expert". I have never seen so much douchebaggery in my life. These two can't admit they are wrong about this young team that is clearly on it's way up. In a way I feel bad for them that they can't enjoy a win and have to come here and try and bring the rest of us down. In a way I just plain feel sorry for them.

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 02:13 PM
It's unbelievable, we win three in a row and we're still horrible according to the wing sauce and football "expert". I have never seen so much douchebaggery in my life. These two can't admit they are wrong about this young team that is clearly on it's way up. In a way I feel bad for them that they can't enjoy a win and have to come here and try and bring the rest of us down. In a way I just plain feel sorry for them.
He can't say I told you so !

John Doe
11-05-2007, 03:55 PM
You have to love the attitude of the sourpusses.

It reminds me of the old joke when the cheap elderly couple were complaining about the restaurant that they just been in: the food was lousy and the portions were too small.

The Bills are one of the youngest and least experienced teams in the league, and we have had devastating injuries - but we should be 6-2 if we just had average coaching.

Right - the players are winning in spite of the coaches. They are secretly meeting at night somewhere with Bill Parcels and he is teaching them how to win.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 04:00 PM
You have to love the attitude of the sourpusses.

It reminds me of the old joke when the cheap elderly couple were complaining about the restaurant that they just been in: the food was lousy and the portions were too small.

The Bills are one of the youngest and least experienced teams in the league, and we have had devastating injuries - but we should be 6-2 if we just had average coaching.

Right - the players are winning in spite of the coaches. They are secretly meeting at night somewhere with Bill Parcels and he is teaching them how to win.

they ARE winning in spite of the coaches- the reason we put up so many points is because two of our TD's came from outside the red zone on great plays by our guys. If we had actually gotten INTO the red zone, the coaches would have stifled us like they did 3 other times yesterday, 4 times against Baltimore, I forget how many times against the Jets.....

THATHURMANATOR
11-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Jonn Doe PWNED OP!!!!

Jaybird
11-05-2007, 04:05 PM
all the running in the red zone was what set up the play call of lynch throwing the ball.............. some of you guys really lack a fotball brain and just rip on whom ever u can.

PECKERWOOD
11-05-2007, 04:06 PM

Yeah, for real. Most of us thought that Buffalo would win 4 games total this season, let alone being 4-4 at the halfway mark. We are not that far away from a potential playoff birth, if the Jets did it last year then I billieve that we can do it this year! This season has been a pleasant surprise for all.

justasportsfan
11-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah, for real. Most of us thought that Buffalo would win 4 games total this season, let alone being 4-4 at the halfway mark. We are not that far away from a potential playoff birth, if the Jets did it last year then I billieve that we can do it this year! This season has been a pleasant surprise for all.
Are you implying we should bring back the season prediction thread? :naughty:

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 05:44 PM

Well, I saw the Cowboys dismantle the Eagles at home with ease and I think Philly is pretty healthy.

What was the best record during the "Bledsoe" era?? 9-7, once. I'll take my chances with Jauron.

Billzz
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
they ARE winning in spite of the coaches- the reason we put up so many points is because two of our TD's came from outside the red zone on great plays by our guys. If we had actually gotten INTO the red zone, the coaches would have stifled us like they did 3 other times yesterday, 4 times against Baltimore, I forget how many times against the Jets.....

That pretty much talks about alot if not all NFL teams. Players making plays, you here it day in and day out.

NE - Randy Moss jump pass's in double coverage. Players making plays or coaching?

Adrian P - 296 rushing yards. Coaching staff calling off tackle run right or players making plays?

Brees - Sucks the first 4 games or so of the year. Bad coaching and all the sudden they just got better game planning? or is it players making plays.

Really bad observation, opinion or football knowledge whatever you want to call it. Just seems your using whatever you can (reaching) to dismiss any credit to the coaching staff. Not saying they are doing a bang up job, but considering the circumstances I will give credit for how they have handled it up to this point.

Buffatexas
11-06-2007, 02:16 PM
well he controls the guy who calls the plays. It starts at the top.

well then you better petition to have God fired. :brush:

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
That pretty much talks about alot if not all NFL teams. Players making plays, you here it day in and day out.

NE - Randy Moss jump pass's in double coverage. Players making plays or coaching?

Adrian P - 296 rushing yards. Coaching staff calling off tackle run right or players making plays?

Brees - Sucks the first 4 games or so of the year. Bad coaching and all the sudden they just got better game planning? or is it players making plays.

Really bad observation, opinion or football knowledge whatever you want to call it. Just seems your using whatever you can (reaching) to dismiss any credit to the coaching staff. Not saying they are doing a bang up job, but considering the circumstances I will give credit for how they have handled it up to this point.

they cost us two wins. We could be sitting at 6-2 atop the wild card race with an outside shot at the division. Instead, NE has almost clinched the division and we're in a dogfight for the last wild card spot with at least 4 other teams.

They make the same mistakes week in and week out. The runs are too predictable because of how they use Reed. They take Lynch out and put Thomas in when they want to pass on 3rd down. They are conservative when they should gamble and vice versa.

The team still can't score in the red zone. It's a big mistery for our coaches. Two of our scores came from OUTSIDE the red zone, meanwhile we were stuffed on 3 of 4 trips inside the red zone, and the one that did work was on a gadget play. You don't see that as a problem?

Clock management by this coaching staff, both this year and last year, has been nothing short of horrendous. Jauron's also been horrible with challenges, although he did get it right against Cincy.

You give the coaching staff credit for getting where we are? Think of where we COULD be if they didn't have their heads up their asses. If that doesn't bother you, then you have truly accepted mediocrity for this team.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 02:21 PM
well then you better petition to have God fired. :brush:

I think God has more important things to worry about than what Jauron and Fairchild do.

Buffatexas
11-06-2007, 02:40 PM
they cost us two wins. We could be sitting at 6-2 atop the wild card race with an outside shot at the division. Instead, NE has almost clinched the division and we're in a dogfight for the last wild card spot with at least 4 other teams.

They make the same mistakes week in and week out. The runs are too predictable because of how they use Reed. They take Lynch out and put Thomas in when they want to pass on 3rd down. They are conservative when they should gamble and vice versa.

The team still can't score in the red zone. It's a big mistery for our coaches. Two of our scores came from OUTSIDE the red zone, meanwhile we were stuffed on 3 of 4 trips inside the red zone, and the one that did work was on a gadget play. You don't see that as a problem?

Clock management by this coaching staff, both this year and last year, has been nothing short of horrendous. Jauron's also been horrible with challenges, although he did get it right against Cincy.

You give the coaching staff credit for getting where we are? Think of where we COULD be if they didn't have their heads up their asses. If that doesn't bother you, then you have truly accepted mediocrity for this team.

if Lindell makes those field goals, we win those two games. coaching may have put us in that position to kick it, but it is still the kickers job to put the ball between the upriights.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 02:51 PM
if Lindell makes those field goals, we win those two games. coaching may have put us in that position to kick it, but it is still the kickers job to put the ball between the upriights.

Lindell's misses don't excuse the poor play calling throughout those games, particularly at the end. If you want to play the "If" game: If we could have gotten into the endzone, Lindell wouldn't have been attempting those FG's in the first place.

Oaf
11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Just wondering out loud Mods..

Where's my groan button? Did you guys take it away or is it a problem with Mozilla? Thx! :up:

Wys Guy
11-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Get used to it.

Yeah, that's what I'm countin' on as usual, the media having the exact opposite opinions as I do. If they agreed with me I'd be worried!

;)

Wys Guy
11-06-2007, 07:12 PM

Coach of the Week, Dope of the Decade!

Wys Guy
11-06-2007, 07:12 PM

Coach of the Week, Dope of the Decade!

Let's be real, is it a real achievement to be Coach of the Week when you play the Bengals?

Wys Guy
11-06-2007, 07:13 PM
I personally think that these guys are actually planning for games. They have very specific game plans and are making adjustments at halftime.

Believe what you want but the coaching staff is doing a better job week in and week out. If they come up with a plan to defeat the almighty Bruschi and crew then I'll be sold.

LOL

Naturally that couldn't have had anything to do with gradually weakening competition now, could it have.

Wys Guy
11-06-2007, 07:15 PM

I've got a picture of you taped to my rear view mirror. :D

You're no fun anymore, you're getting more realistic.

Prozac prescription run out?

Wys Guy
11-06-2007, 07:17 PM
They are not good teams and we beat them. Our stats are still near the bottom and no one is claiming anything other than the fact that Jauron is doing a good job. We don't have a ton of talent yet, but they are building with some young guys. They are winning games and competing. After going 0-3, they are now 4-4. The coaching has got to count for something in that.

I don't see what where the embellishment is?

It's easy to "do a good job" when the job is easier.

Simple concept. More room for error too and we all know we make plenty of them.

mybills
11-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Good for Jauron. I've said it before that my gripe is with Fairchild. At the end of the 1st half, it's 3rd & goal. Lynch just reached for another 1st down at the one. They run, get stopped, run, stopped...field goal. There was about 3 mins or more left, and they still had 3 time outs. It's chit like this that can lose a game for us. I would've taken the time out before the 2nd down, and come up with a play for a TD. If it didn't work there's another try, and plenty of time left.

Bill Brasky
11-06-2007, 08:21 PM

you don't say...

Wys Guy
11-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Well, I saw the Cowboys dismantle the Eagles at home with ease and I think Philly is pretty healthy.

What was the best record during the "Bledsoe" era?? 9-7, once. I'll take my chances with Jauron.

I'd rather roll the dice on a new coach.

Kerr
11-06-2007, 10:13 PM
As a critic of DJ earlier in the season, I must say he's really outdone himself thus far being able to keep the team together and not fall completely apart. If he's able to keep the ship right, he should definitely be considered for coach of the year, especially if he's able to lead the team past NE.