PDA

View Full Version : The offensive line

patmoran2006
11-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I went back and watched every offensive play yesterday again.

I have to say, the offensive line played tremendous. ESPECIALLY Peters and Walker.. yes, I'm saying Langston Walker.

Granted Cinci's pass rush is weak as hell, but still neither of these guys had ANY problems. As a result, Gaines and Royal didnt have to stay behind to block often and were getting open underneath as checkdown options.

I saw Butler make a couple of big mistakes, most notably being the failure to hit his guy before trying to move on the botched goaline run, but he even played decent.

And that was the first time this season where I could say Dockery was worth every penny. He was a beast.

I cant WAIT to see how this line looks against NE in two weeks. I want to know if they're really getting that much better of if we just played cinci.

YardRat
11-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I want to see how they do in Miami first.

Even though I think we could upgrade at center or RG this off-season, I still believe this line will get better as the year goes on.

TigerJ
11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Given Butler's inexperience, he probably has a fair amount of upside. I imagine with Fowler, what you see is what you get.

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Pat, I agree. I just rewatched the game and Dockery was dominating!!!!

Wys Guy
11-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Well great then, we should finally be able to begin putting more than 7, 10, or 13 points on the board in future weeks.

I'll be looking for it and forward to it!

;)

Mr. Pink
11-05-2007, 09:13 PM
No opinion on Fowler Pat?

gr8slayer
11-05-2007, 09:15 PM
I hate to break it to everyone but Walker has played damn good this season. He might even be our best all-around OL so far.

Lexwhat
11-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know how much longer Fowler is under contract for?

gr8slayer
11-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Does anyone know how much longer Fowler is under contract for?
Hopefully not much longer, I'm going to start my campaign for Aaron Merz early this year.

Merz > Fowler