What is this team's top need/priority right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

What is this team's top need/priority right now?

Until recently, I thought it was defensive tackle. But I dont know, Kyle Williams and especially John McCargo have been playing well. Williams gets no ink, but his play has picked up big time and he's been husting his ass off making tackles on the outside.

I used to think it was corner. But now I dont know. Jabrari Greer is a LEGITIMATE starting CB (ask TJ or TO). McGee was god awful last year but he's playing much better now. He's also very physical. So I don't know.

Now Im starting to learn towards a WR. I think they really need a guy who's big and physical and can make Touchdown catches in the red zone. It would also relieve some double teaming off Evans. I can't even imagine the numbers Evans would put up if he was in single coverage significantly more.

Then again, if Edwards is the guy next year, I think that a Jeremy Shockey type of tight end could be the highest priority. Edwards likes to throw to the TE and a good hands/playmaker like a Shockey or Jason Whitten would be a huge asset.

What do you guys think? If the season ended today, what would be your #1 priority with the team (besides firing Fairchild)?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: What is this team's top need/priority right now?

1) WR
    1a) TE

Both will help with the glaring need of red zone production!

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

I'm sure we could upgrade at a lot of positions, but I don't feel like we're really struggling at any one spot.

I'd probably go WR too though. I liked Price, but I think he's pretty much finished. I do like Reed and Parrish though also.

Maybe OLB, but I don't really have a problem with Ellison.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

We've needed better WRs for two years.

Better run blocking would help too. A stud right guard and upgrade at center would be nice.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• John Doe
          Florida Man
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          Until recently, I thought it was defensive tackle. But I dont know, Kyle Williams and especially John McCargo have been playing well. Williams gets no ink, but his play has picked up big time and he's been husting his ass off making tackles on the outside.

I used to think it was corner. But now I dont know. Jabrari Greer is a LEGITIMATE starting CB (ask TJ or TO). McGee was god awful last year but he's playing much better now. He's also very physical. So I don't know.

Now Im starting to learn towards a WR. I think they really need a guy who's big and physical and can make Touchdown catches in the red zone. It would also relieve some double teaming off Evans. I can't even imagine the numbers Evans would put up if he was in single coverage significantly more.

Then again, if Edwards is the guy next year, I think that a Jeremy Shockey type of tight end could be the highest priority. Edwards likes to throw to the TE and a good hands/playmaker like a Shockey or Jason Whitten would be a huge asset.

What do you guys think? If the season ended today, what would be your #1 priority with the team (besides firing Fairchild)?
          My top 5

1 Wide Receiver. I think the offense actually misses Peerless Price some. One injury to Evans and we are in big trouble. I think that we draft one high and then pick up another with a lower round pick or free agency.

2. Defensive Back. Our DBs are playing well, but we don't have any real depth right now with Youboty still hurting. Kiwi Thomas is certainly replaceable and Webster is gone for good. McGee is playing well, but we need to limit his minutes somewhat so he can be fresh for kick returns. Either that or draft a kickoff returner - but we will be hard-pressed to find someone better.

3. Tight End or a true Fullback. We can do a lot better than Neufeld. Schouman is showing some promise as a reciever for a rook and he is a willing blocker but he does not have the heft to pound lead blocks out of the backfield.

4. Offensive Center/Guard or Tackle. I don't like our depth there, Preston in particular. We need to groom someone to push Fowler and take over after his contract expires or replace Chambers at flip tackle. We have been very fortunate that injuries have not hit us hard on the O-line.

5. Linebacker. Maybe we can find a good special teams guy with more upside than Stamer or Hagan.

Comment

• venis2k1
            Youboty can hope
            • Jul 2002

IMO the bills have several needs that should be addressed on the first day of the draft. LB and WR are big ones. next, CB is a position that could use an injection of young talent. C, TE, DT, and DE are needs too, depending if a good one should fall to us.

Comment

• historypete
              • Feb 2005

A big WR who can be used as a Red Zone threat by going to catch those high fade passes.

A playmaking TE who can stretch the field.

A legitimate third DT, someone who is big and fat that can take up two blockers. I love McCargo and Williams has played well, but beyond that I'm still not happy with our other DT's.

Comment

• billser
                • Oct 2007

I just love the fact that we now talk of positional draft picks simply for "upgrade"...coming into the season, i wouldnt have known where to start. Im loving this Bills team and the pieces Marvs put together. If we find a starter between Jp/Trent, we have a great team come next year!

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

A mild sprain for Brady knee next week.

Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billser
                    I just love the fact that we now talk of positional draft picks simply for "upgrade"...coming into the season, i wouldnt have known where to start. Im loving this Bills team and the pieces Marvs put together. If we find a starter between Jp/Trent, we have a great team come next year!
                    It's a nice position to be in because the whole team will be back, and there should be a crapload of money to spend. 2008 is our window for a legit run, if the team Marv has built is good enough.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BAM
                      • Sep 2003

Moulds type WR and Shockey or Gates type TE.

Man that would be sick.

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

WR/TE is top priority no matter what going into the offseason. The Answer would also like an upgrade at Center.

Also in the offseason we need to dump Triplett and bolster DT/DE.

~The Answer

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

WR in my book.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jun 2003

needs: interior offensive-linemen, tall wr, and TE
                            Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

A big possession type Wide Receiver!

Comment

Working...
                              X