PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Bears interested in trading for Losman

The Answer
11-05-2007, 05:48 PM
If this is true than here's Levy and The Corpse's chance to land Lance Briggs.....

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#7

Bears interested in Bills QB Losman?

(http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071104/SPORTS0101/711040315/-1/COLUMNS)Pro Football Weekly reports that the Chicago Bears might have trade interest in Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman after this season. Not for Rex Grossman, I hope. -- Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

~The Answer

Ebenezer
11-05-2007, 06:06 PM
it's all moot...teams can't even talk...in fact if somebody within the Bears floated this then it is tampering...

and we aren't getting Briggs for Losman...keep dreaming...

venis2k1
11-05-2007, 06:08 PM
id settle for a draft pick :)

The Answer
11-05-2007, 06:09 PM
it's all moot...teams can't even talk...in fact if somebody within the Bears floated this then it is tampering...

EB - sure it might just another rumor, and you have to wonder why the Bears would want Losman in the first place (who you can argue is exactly like Rex Grossman = INCONSISTENT).

As for Briggs - why wouldn't they want to get something for him especially if they know they can't keep him. Losman is better than nothing....

~The Answer

BILLSROCK1212
11-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Losman and one or two of our 3rd rounders for Briggs and Desmond Clark

dannyek71
11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Where would Briggs play? Next year, we will already have 4 lbs who can play

BillsOverDolphins
11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
give us briggs and muhammad and its a deal

eyedog
11-05-2007, 07:07 PM
If they trade JP they will be making a big mistake. I say keep both, at least for next season. JP still has one more year left on his contract.
If they are dumb enough to get rid of JP then he will be starting somewhere else next season. Look at all the crap qb's playing in this league. JP is as good, if not better than at least half of them.

BillsOverDolphins
11-05-2007, 07:09 PM
If they trade JP they will be making a big mistake. I say keep both, at least for next season. JP still has one more year left on his contract.
If they are dumb enough to get rid of JP then he will be starting somewhere else next season. Look at all the crap qb's playing in this league. JP is as good, if not better than at least half of them.
Amen. Give him one more year

dannyek71
11-05-2007, 07:22 PM
I find it funny that only a few days ago, people would have rather had a rookie qb with no arm, 1td and 5 int start over this guy who they now want studs + draft picks for.

HAMMER
11-05-2007, 07:24 PM
No need to push Losman out the door for any low round draft pick, having two solid QB's is far better than a fourth round draft pick.

Forward_Lateral
11-05-2007, 07:24 PM
I am still skeptical about JP, but saying he's like Grossman is a bit insulting. Nobody is a crappy as Grossman has been since the midway point of last season.

deathadder
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Guys, we can't trade for Briggs. Trade deadline is over. Also, next year, he is a free agent. The Bears gave him the same promise as we gave Nate Clements. If he signs his 1 year franchise offer, they won't franchise him again. Either we sign him as a free agent or we don't get him at all. I am predicting he goes to the Redskins next year.

eyedog
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
No need to push Losman out the door for any low round draft pick, having two solid QB's is far better than a fourth round draft pick.

Damn right. Especially with how qb's get hurt. Why would you get rid of him for a mid-round pick ? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Elminster
11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
I am still skeptical about JP, but saying he's like Grossman is a bit insulting. Nobody is a crappy as Grossman has been since the midway point of last season.
I bet Gibril Hamdan could play better than Wrecks....

Goobylal
11-05-2007, 07:47 PM
JP for Darwin Walker!

JK, Walker sucks. Glad the traded his sorry arse.

Mr. Pink
11-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Can we trade Losman and our 2 for Olin Kreutz. I'd do that deal in a second, it would help our run game immensely.

acehole
11-05-2007, 08:09 PM

11th best last year.

TigerJ
11-05-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm not in a big hurry to trade Losman. There is still a cnace he ends up as the starter for the Bills for the next few years. The Bills will hold some informal contract talks soon into the offseason. If it becomes evident that Losman's expectations are in a different ballpark from Buffalo's plans, then Buffalo will start talking trade. Losman is a better QB than Grossman BTW. Losman's problem is he has a little too much confidence in his deep throwing ability. On his interception Sunday, he admitted he got a little greedy. In that respect he's a little like Favre. No, I'm not comparing the two other than the fact that Favre hs supreme confidence and will sometimes take chances other QBs won't. As a consequence, he does toss quite a few interceptions. Give him time and he can kill you though. I'd like to see Losman develop a little better judgement, but I'd rather have a confident QB than a timid one.

Mr. Cynical
11-05-2007, 09:37 PM
If this is true than here's Levy and The Corpse's chance to land Lance Briggs.....

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#7

Bears interested in Bills QB Losman? (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071104/SPORTS0101/711040315/-1/COLUMNS)

(http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071104/SPORTS0101/711040315/-1/COLUMNS)Pro Football Weekly reports that the Chicago Bears might have trade interest in Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman after this season. Not for Rex Grossman, I hope. -- Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

~The Answer

Strike while the iron is hot. Go for it Marv.

UltimateBillsFan
11-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I find it funny that only a few days ago, people would have rather had a rookie qb with no arm, 1td and 5 int start over this guy who they now want studs + draft picks for.
Thats the best point I have heard in this whole forum. Right on man.

OpIv37
11-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Guys, we can't trade for Briggs. Trade deadline is over. Also, next year, he is a free agent. The Bears gave him the same promise as we gave Nate Clements. If he signs his 1 year franchise offer, they won't franchise him again. Either we sign him as a free agent or we don't get him at all. I am predicting he goes to the Redskins next year.

At least somebody knows what's up.

Next year we'll have Poz back and we won't even need Briggs. Yes, Briggs would be an upgrade over Ellison/DiGiorgio/Wire, but not enough of an upgrade to be worth his cap hit.

As far as trading Losman, it depends on 3 factors: 1. how he plays, 2. how Edwards plays, and 3. what they offer.

Remember, Losman started to come on at the end of last year. He had two bad games to start this year, but it was only two bad games. Pretty much every QB in the league except Manning and Brady have had two bad games this season. Am I thrilled with how Losman's played? Take out the Bengals game and definitely not. But after how he played yesterday, he deserves to keep playing. This is it for him, though.

Illmatic15
11-05-2007, 10:44 PM
The Bears laugh at Levy and decline...

djjimkelly
11-05-2007, 10:44 PM
losman will be starter here next year too get used to it haters

clumping platelets
11-05-2007, 10:58 PM

Wrong.........teams can discuss trades as long as the players are under contract for the following season

Philagape
11-05-2007, 11:30 PM
11th best last year.

Does that mean Damon Huard was the second-best QB in the league last year?

Or Rob Johnson is the best Bills QB of all time?

odin
11-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Does that mean Damon Huard was the second-best QB in the league last year?

Or Rob Johnson is the best Bills QB of all time?
It means it should take more than two games to get benched for a rookie that has a rating similar to Cleo Lemon.

BillsFever21
11-06-2007, 03:39 AM
I don't see much of a difference in Cleo Lemon's play then from Edwards' this season. If anything he's been better. More TD's, less INT's and more points on the board. Great. Edwards is just as bad as a Lemon.

mysticsoto
11-06-2007, 06:39 AM
I heard this rumor too, though that's all it appears to be. However, for the sake of entertainment, if the Bears were to offer a 1st rounder for JP - and he continues to play like he has as of late...do you take the 1st rounder knowing that we have Trent developing and that the Bears will likely have a top 10 pick in the draft?

DB? Do you give up JP for the chance of getting Ellis (DT) and Kelly (WR) ???

colin
11-06-2007, 07:27 AM
if they think trent is the starter than i'm good with them trading jp (i think jp is what he is and will continue to be rex grossman like -- good vs bad Ds, bad vs good Ds).

obviously it won't be for a FA like briggs. contrary to some posts above, briggs would be a HUGE upgrade to our D and we absolutely have room for him. poz and Dipizza can fight for the middle spot, briggs will be a TKO esque Will and crow will continue to be solid to great in the strong side.

throw in a big corner (we just need one, even if for nickle) and another DT for our rotation and we could be top 5 in D.

i'd trade jp for picks or directly for a player like a big WR or TE. we have no size on O

Kenny
11-06-2007, 07:41 AM
I heard this rumor too, though that's all it appears to be. However, for the sake of entertainment, if the Bears were to offer a 1st rounder for JP - and he continues to play like he has as of late...do you take the 1st rounder knowing that we have Trent developing and that the Bears will likely have a top 10 pick in the draft?

here's the problem with trading Losman... As good as Trent Edwards may be, we'd be right back to 'rebuilding mode' next year. I dont buy the story that Edwards (right now) gives us as much of a chance to win as Losman.

Though TE may turn out to be the next Marc Bulger, etc... right now, -he's still learning, and we really dont know what to expect. So unless you think our defense will be able to carry our team next year, -we need an experienced QB.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Briggs? Why would he want to come here and play for 650K a year when he's playing with franchise money now? You honestly think Ralphy will dish out a boatload of cash when the reason why JP is in the trade block in the first place is because Ralphy saved a buck with Geico and wants to do it with his team?

Ralphy and caveman go hand in hand. If theres a missing link it's Ralphy's football decisions.

Let's not forget that Evans needs an extension after this season. When the time comes to extend both 1st rd. draft picks I wonder who gone, McCargo or Whitner? My money is on Whitner. Problem is, will McCargo support his fellow 1st rd. draft pick too? Whitner has already spoken out that he too wants JP.

Trade JP and Lee low but numerous draft picks. Who knows if we'll land a few more Digorgios and Ellisons in the draft who we won't have to pay a lot of money. Don't worry guys, we'll be continuously rebuilding for as long as Ralphy is the owner.

I hope to God I'm wrong. Bills fans don't deserve this. The only ones that do are the ones who follow Ralphy's football decisions blindly. The only thing right he's ever done is keep the team here.

I'm starting to sound like wys. Shoot me!

acehole
11-06-2007, 09:16 AM

yes keep them both...what happens if the golden boy turn out to be as injury prone as he was in School? JP is insurance.

HAMMER
11-06-2007, 09:20 AM
yes keep them both...what happens if the golden boy turn out to be as injury prone as he was in School? JP is insurance.

You would think that seeing both QB's get injured in the first half of the season would be enough to convince fans that keeping both is the best course of action.

acehole
11-06-2007, 09:23 AM
No.. all good piont. I have also said as much in other posts. Albany NY could not comprehend any of it ...but it was said. If they sign JP or vis versa if he wanted to stay...they could give him some decent up front money and sign him to incentive ladend deal. Lee will want big time money or its Denver for him. I hope Ralph seizes this moment and make a run and an effort.........

Briggs? Why would he want to come here and play for 650K a year when he's playing with franchise money now? You honestly think Ralphy will dish out a boatload of cash when the reason why JP is in the trade block in the first place is because Ralphy saved a buck with Geicco and wants to do it with his team?

Ralphy and caveman go hand in hand. If theres a missing link it's Ralphy's football decisions.

Let's not forget that Evans needs an extension after this season. When the time comes to extend both 1st rd. draft picks I wonder who gone, McCargo or Whitner? My money is on Whitner. Problem is, will McCargo support his fellow 1st rd. draft pick too? Whitner has already spoken out that he too wants JP.

Trade JP and Lee low but numerous draft picks. Who knows if we'll land a few more Digorgios and Ellisons in the draft who we won't have to pay a lot of money. Don't worry guys, we'll be continuously rebuilding for as long as Ralphy is the owner.

I hope to God I'm wrong. Bills fans don't deserve this. The only ones that do are the ones who follow Ralphy's football decisions blindly. The only thing right he's ever done is keep the team here.

I'm starting to sound like wys. Shoot me!

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 09:27 AM
JP and his agent will not allow that to happen if they even have half a brain. Marv has always given in to those who want out expecially when there is a way to get something for them. See Spikes and Holcomb.

Fletcher ,Moulds wanted out and MArv gave them their wish.

Those in love with Trents potential (even though he's 1 INT and 5 TD's and getting worse after every performance) ignore the potential risks involved by going with him . He could be injury prone or another Kelly Holcomb. This is why I'd rather let him start now if he's our future that way we'll know if we need to draft another qb next year AGAIN and find Evans' replacemtn as well.

There's also the sophomore slump that we may need to go thru. Rivers is going through it now and he has better weapons than Trent.We're rebuilding in MArv 3rd year .

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 09:30 AM
No.. all good piont. I have also said as much in other posts. Albany NY could not comprehend any of it ...but it was said. If they sign JP or vis versa if he wanted to stay...they could give him some decent up front money and sign him to incentive ladend deal. Lee will want big time money or its Denver for him. I hope Ralph seizes this moment and make a run and an effort.........
If it's true that Chicago wants him, JP would be stupid not to go there. Downtown Chicago vs. Buffalo? Lovie vs. Dick? No comparisson. He won't have to sweep the streets. He won't have to try and save a failing city. He won't have to worry about the future of the franchise. He won't have to deal with Ralphy.NO pressure in Chicago.

PLayers will also want to go where they are wanted.

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 09:35 AM

First off I think the Bears would be dumb to pass on one of Ryan/Brohm/Woodson for JP but having said that and also relying on the fact that I have stated several times that I dont think either JP or TE is a long term answer, I absof'inglutely make this trade. In a milisecond.

henrybacker
11-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Guys, we can't trade for Briggs. Trade deadline is over. Also, next year, he is a free agent.

Ding! Ding! Ding

Jan Reimers
11-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Does anyone really think Edwards has established himself enough to trade JP? He is a very lucky 3-1 including 2 against the hapless Jets (JP actually won the 2nd Jets game, but under NFL rules, doesn't get the credit), has 1 TD and 5 INT's, and has produced very little on the scoreboard.

Edwards does not appear to have much mobility, and his arm strength is questionable.

Wouldn't it be just a bit premature to dump the athletic, strong-armed and mobile Losman for a guy who just might be the next Trent Dilfer?

mysticsoto
11-06-2007, 10:00 AM
First off I think the Bears would be dumb to pass on one of Ryan/Brohm/Woodson for JP but having said that and also relying on the fact that I have stated several times that I dont think either JP or TE is a long term answer, I absof'inglutely make this trade. In a milisecond.

I could see the Bears not wanting a green rookie QB to lead them and them being tired of Grossman, prefering a veteran like Losman. On the other hand, I am not as cynical as you are about JP or TE and think they are both serviceable and have potential. I'm surprised to hear you say that about TE as I don't feel we've seen enough of him to make a determination either way. Nevertheless, I too, would likely make that trade. TE has shown enough in his 1st few games to show he has great potential and having 2 first rounders would enable us to get a great tall WR in Kelly and a potential upgrade at DT with Ellis - 2 positions we are lacking in. Our improvement should be almost instant! We could then draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd if we wanted insurance of someone that might be able to develop if Edwards falters...maybe someone like Erik Ainge???

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Edwards does not appear to have much mobility, and his arm strength is questionable.

He's as mobile if not more than Brady. His arm is as strong if not stronger than Brady's. But I agree with the rest. He's just another rookie who could either be good or bust.He's as much of a risk as any other rookie. Not enough data to dubb him as the next Kelly (Jim) . Ralphy better be right about him.

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I could see the Bears not wanting a green rookie QB to lead them and them being tired of Grossman, prefering a veteran like Losman. On the other hand, I am not as cynical as you are about JP or TE and think they are both serviceable and have potential. I'm surprised to hear you say that about TE as I don't feel we've seen enough of him to make a determination either way. Nevertheless, I too, would likely make that trade. TE has shown enough in his 1st few games to show he has great potential and having 2 first rounders would enable us to get a great tall WR in Kelly and a potential upgrade at DT with Ellis - 2 positions we are lacking in. Our improvement should be almost instant! We could then draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd if we wanted insurance of someone that might be able to develop if Edwards falters...maybe someone like Erik Ainge???

Ive seen enough from TE to be confident in what I said about him before the draft. Id do the deal and if we land Kelly and Ellis Id do a backflip. Id then pick a QB (like the one in my avatar) as a development guy.

John Doe
11-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Ive seen enough from TE to be confident in what I said about him before the draft. Id do the deal and if we land Kelly and Ellis Id do a backflip. Id then pick a QB (like the one in my avatar) as a development guy.

4 games is enough?

Tough room.

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 02:46 PM
4 games is enough?

Tough room.

No, but 2 years and 4 games is

John Doe
11-06-2007, 02:57 PM
No, but 2 years and 4 games is

What did you think of Terry Bradshaw after his first year?

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 02:58 PM
What did you think of Terry Bradshaw after his first year?

Wasnt alive so didnt have an opinion, but if thats the angle your going with its way over played bc for every Bradshaw there are 100s who never turn it around. Any other examples?

Mr. Pink
11-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I still don't think highly of Bradshaw now. They coulda had Hanratty at QB and won games.

The Steel Curtain is what won that team championships, not the QB.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2007, 03:01 PM
DB serious question...

After what you saw of Roethlisberger in college and his first couple seasons as a Steeler....Did you honestly see him doing what he's doing this year?

Because in his first couple seasons as a QB, he was more a caretaker and game manager. Now he's finding himself edging in as one of the elite QBs in this league.

John Doe
11-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Wasnt alive so didnt have an opinion, but if thats the angle your going with its way over played bc for every Bradshaw there are 100s who never turn it around. Any other examples?

Rich Gannon
John Brodie

Just off the top of my head.

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 03:06 PM
DB serious question...

After what you saw of Roethlisberger in college and his first couple seasons as a Steeler....Did you honestly see him doing what he's doing this year?

Because in his first couple seasons as a QB, he was more a caretaker and game manager. Now he's finding himself edging in as one of the elite QBs in this league.

Yea he was dominant in the MAC a true leader of his Miami (OH) team. He never would of blossomed to what he is under Cowher bc its not the way Cowher coached, and some will say it was Cowher who ruined Kordell's career.

For instance I dont think you'll ever see Eli Manning become a premier elite QB. Same as I dont see Matt Leinart or Brady Quinn ever becoming elite QB's either.

Mr. Pink
Rich Gannon
John Brodie

I'll help you!

Jim Plunkett
Steve Young
Doug Flutie
Brian Sipe
Favre-was nowhere near what he is now his first couple seasons
Aikman-went 1-15 as a rookie
Peyton Manning-was absolutely horrid as a rookie

And no, I'm not saying that either Losman or Edwards can do what any of these guys did.

DraftBoy
Rich Gannon
John Brodie

Ok now list the 100s of others who didnt make it

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I'll help you!

Jim Plunkett
Steve Young
Doug Flutie
Brian Sipe
Favre-was nowhere near what he is now his first couple seasons
Aikman-went 1-15 as a rookie
Peyton Manning-was absolutely horrid as a rookie

And no, I'm not saying that either Losman or Edwards can do what any of these guys did.

I dont know about Flutie

Mr. Pink
11-06-2007, 03:10 PM
I dont know about Flutie

Do you remember Flutie as a Bear or Patriot?

Flutie on the Bears absolutely tore that team apart, the lockerroom didn't like that he was handed the job when McMahon went down and he went out and had one of the worst playoff performances I've ever seen in 86 vs the Skins. Effectively ending the Bears chance at a dynasty. As a Patriot he was junk too.

Then he went to Canada, lit it up, came back here and actually played well. Albeit not spectacular, but he helped win us games, get to the playoffs etc.

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Do you remember Flutie as a Bear or Patriot?

Flutie on the Bears absolutely tore that team apart, the lockerroom didn't like that he was handed the job when McMahon went down and he went out and had one of the worst playoff performances I've ever seen in 86 vs the Skins. Effectively ending the Bears chance at a dynasty. As a Patriot he was junk too.

Then he went to Canada, lit it up, came back here and actually played well. Albeit not spectacular, but he helped win us games, get to the playoffs etc.

So winning games constitues being successful? Alot of QB's have won games and arent considered good or great. Hell Trent Dilfer won a SB and I dont think anybody would ever call him great.

John Doe
11-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Ok now list the 100s of others who didnt make it

That is not the point.

The point is that QBs hardly ever come into the league their rookie year and look great.

Dan Marino is the exception, not the rule.

Its true that for every star QB there are lots of failures, but saying that you can spot that failure with 100% accuracy is a bit much.

Don't get me wrong - I respect your football knowledge. But I don't think that anyone is that good to project Edwards as a journeyman quality player after 4 games.

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
That is not the point.

The point is that QBs hardly ever come into the league their rookie year and look great.

Dan Marino is the exception, not the rule.

Its true that for every star QB there are lots of failures, but saying that you can spot that failure with 100% accuracy is a bit much.

Don't get me wrong - I respect your football knowledge. But I don't think that anyone is that good to project Edwards as a journeyman quality player after 4 games.

Like I said before Im not basing it on just 4 games, I said the same things about him prior to the draft even happening that he is still displaying now. Could he prove me wrong? Absolutely and I hope he does but Ive seen nothing to change that evaluation of him.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
saved the franchise and then Ralph sent him away.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2007, 03:19 PM
So winning games constitues being successful? Alot of QB's have won games and arent considered good or great. Hell Trent Dilfer won a SB and I dont think anybody would ever call him great.

Winning is the ultimate measuring point yes. It's hard to argue with results, but in 1999 Flutie put up over 3000 yards passing and almost 500 yards rushing. You have to have some kind of skills and knowledge to do that. And he showed neither when he was a Bear or Patriot.

I'm not saying Flutie is a great QB, at least not in the NFL, but he was more than good enough to be an NFL starter 9 years after he played his previous down as an NFL player.

John Doe
11-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Like I said before Im not basing it on just 4 games, I said the same things about him prior to the draft even happening that he is still displaying now. Could he prove me wrong? Absolutely and I hope he does but Ive seen nothing to change that evaluation of him.

Virtually every report that I have read about Edwards in college cited his weak offensive line and surrounding cast as a reason for his poor senior year. "Took a beating", "Hit every time he threw" etc.

Are you disputing all of these reports?

You are entitled to your opinion, and I admit that I have never seen him play prior to this year.

Are you saying that his weak team in college was not a factor?

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Virtually every report that I have read about Edwards in college cited his weak offensive line and surrounding cast as a reason for his poor senior year. "Took a beating", "Hit every time he threw" etc.

Are you disputing all of these reports?

You are entitled to your opinion, and I admit that I have never seen him play prior to this year.

Are you saying that his weak team in college was not a factor?

Yes I am I guess, my reports are all a matter of public record and are published on this sites front page annually

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 03:24 PM
From the 2007 BZ NFL DRAFT GUIDE;
9. Trent Edwards-Stanford 6'3, 215lbs, 4.90-40
Strengths;

* -Smart
* -Under Pressure
* -Reading Defenses
* -Accurate
* -Three step drops
* -Can buy time

Weaknesses;

* -Footwork
* -Does not stride into his throws
* -Arm throws
* -Forces Passes

Bottom Line; Edwards is a good NFL backup prospect. He has average arm strength but is very accurate. He can pick a defense apart if given time, but he also cant go down the field and beat people deep. He needs to work on his footwork in the pocket, and also learn to calm down and not try and fit the ball into tight spaces. Projection: Round 6

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2007/04/17/billszone_draft_guide_quarterbacks.php

John Doe
11-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Yes I am I guess, my reports are all a matter of public record and are published on this sites front page annually

So be it.

John Doe
11-06-2007, 03:26 PM
From the 2007 BZ NFL DRAFT GUIDE;
9. Trent Edwards-Stanford 6'3, 215lbs, 4.90-40
Strengths;

* -Smart
* -Under Pressure
* -Reading Defenses
* -Accurate
* -Three step drops
* -Can buy time

Weaknesses;

* -Footwork
* -Does not stride into his throws
* -Arm throws
* -Forces Passes

Bottom Line; Edwards is a good NFL backup prospect. He has average arm strength but is very accurate. He can pick a defense apart if given time, but he also cant go down the field and beat people deep. He needs to work on his footwork in the pocket, and also learn to calm down and not try and fit the ball into tight spaces. Projection: Round 6

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2007/04/17/billszone_draft_guide_quarterbacks.php

You forgot "Absolutely no ability to improve with experience and coaching."

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 03:28 PM
what was brady's college scouting report?

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 03:29 PM
You forgot "Absolutely no ability to improve with experience and coaching."

Got edited out, not my site I just pitch in from time to time

Damn Editors

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 03:30 PM
what was brady's college scouting report?

Dont know wasnt following the draft so closely then and this site didnt exist. If I did anything about it Rick long destroyed it.

Hell he was drafted in 99 so I was only 14 then

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Dont know wasnt following the draft so closely then and this site didnt exist. If I did anything about it Rick long destroyed it.

Hell he was drafted in 99 so I was only 14 then
must've been worse than Trents.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2007, 03:39 PM
best I could find on Brady's scouting report online...

It is lucky Brady was drafted at all. A scouting report written before the draft sized up Brady this way: "Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a really strong arm."