• The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Article: Bills back in playoff mix despite early season hardships

Bills back in playoff mix despite early-season hardships
    November 5, 2007
    By Matt Santillo
    PA SportsTicker Staff Writer

After a disastrous start that included a pair of crushing losses and a heart-tugging injury, the Buffalo Bills have found a way to bounce back.
    Rallying from five points down in the fourth quarter, the Bills captured a 33-21 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday to pull even at 4-4 midway through the season.

That is a fact that hardly seemed possible after Buffalo dropped four of its first five games, including home setbacks against Denver and Dallas in which it was turned away by field goals as time expired. The team also went through the painful ordeal of watching one of their own have to fight for their life.

"Really, I've never been through a first half of a season like this one," coach Dick Jauron said to the Buffalo News. "It's nothing new for you to hear, but I really like these guys and the way they respond, how they pull together. Where it goes, I don't know. But the good news is, they've gone through it together and stayed together."

Although the Bills also suffered road losses to Pittsburgh and New England by a combined score of 64-10, the setbacks to the Broncos and the Cowboys proved to be two major low points for any team. In the season-opening loss to Denver, Buffalo saw real life come slamming into the game when reserve tight end Kevin Everett suffered a life-threatening neck injury attempting to make a tackle on the opening kickoff of the second half...................

~The Answer
Working...
X