PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Miami Dolphins

Ed
11-05-2007, 06:26 PM
With all the talk about our qb's and the Pats game, I'd like to hear some opinions on our opponent this week.

Normally I try and follow them pretty close each year, but I really haven't paid as close attention this year. I have to admitt, this is the first year I can't even name most of their starters off the top of my head.

A part from Taylor and Thomas, this team seems to have changed a lot. So does anyone have any input on any young promising players they might have that we should look out for?

What should we expect from this struggling team? What are their strengths/weaknesses?

What are the keys for us to not let this win get away from us?

With the way things are going for us right now, this would be a horrible game to lose.

Pride
11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
We need to once again establish the run this week. We need to finally get our Yards Per Carry over 4. We do that... then that allows us to control this game. Beyond that... if this OL and RB can average 4+ yards per carry... it gives the the confidence they will need to run against the patriots in 2 weeks.

JP plays a safe game, throwing deep at least once per quarter, but the focus needs to be on the running game.

LtFinFan66
11-05-2007, 07:12 PM
My grandma could run on my Fins this year(and she died 18 years ago). Hopefully you guys will be facing John Beck at QB and not Lemon. Lets see what the rookie has to offer. The D backfield is beat up. If you had a current passport, you got hired for the trip to London to play safety. Of course Ronnie Brown is out for the year and he was lighting it up on a crappy team. Chatman is doing pretty good in his place. Ginn is starting to get more time at WR with the Chambers trade. Caught his first TD against the Giants.

In reality, you guys should have no problem getting the W. But also in reality, it is a division rival game and weird things can happen

Ingtar33
11-05-2007, 07:17 PM
the dolphins are the Bengals Redux

-terrible defense with a non-existent passrush
-an offense that's able to put up a lot of points
-undisciplined

the biggest difference is the dolphins get their offense from their RB/OL, not their QB and mouthy WRs (unlike Cinci)

Of course Brown is hurt... so... they're probably going to be worse then the Bengals. (their run defense is embarrassing)

We get up early, and they'll fold. that's been the mark of that team this year, their lack of fight.

im4bflo
11-05-2007, 07:24 PM
fish talk belongs on the NFL Zone please!

BillsOverDolphins
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
fish talk belongs on the NFL Zone please!
how so?...we play the fins this week...

LtFinFan66
11-05-2007, 07:31 PM
:goodpost:

Mike13
11-05-2007, 07:33 PM
John Beck won't be starting, although he is "one play away."

Its too bad, he doe have an arm to get it deep to Ginn.

Ginn and Hagan have played well, Lemon just has a lack of talent.
Chatman is a decent backup, it helps that the OL has vastly improved.

The defense has been Horrid, un****ingbelivably horrid.
Jason Allen had trouble beating out Cameron Worell for a Safety job.
I'll give him credit, he played decent against the Giants.
The only time Jason Taylor makes a play, is when he gets flagged for a stupid penalty.

Our ST blocking and coverage is also godawful.

Capers and Keith Armstrong will be fired this year because of their incompetence.

BillsOverDolphins
11-05-2007, 07:36 PM
what's the weather supposed to be like in miami for sunday?

im4bflo
11-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey how about those fish! What's their record this year?
I hope they play twice as good now that they've had a rest.
I'm worried sick.

BillsOverDolphins
11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Hey how about those fish! What's their record this year?
it's not wise to overlook any opponent...especially a divisional one

LtFinFan66
11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Don't bring smack in here please sir. They are 0-8 for the record

im4bflo
11-05-2007, 07:45 PM

I know, they always play us tough, they've been opening a can on us for years.
We've got to play our best or, oh, I think I pee'd a little in my pants.

Jimmy James
11-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Aside from the undisciplined remark and the give up comment (which aren't accurate if you ask me), I think you folks pretty much have the book on this team except for one thing: if Cam Cameron has an opportunity to make a boneheaded clock move, he will do so. You can make a good argument for his poor choices costing the Dolphins anywhere from 1 to 3 wins.

im4bflo
11-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Aside from the undisciplined remark and the give up comment (which aren't accurate if you ask me), I think you folks pretty much have the book on this team except for one thing: if Cam Cameron has an opportunity to make a boneheaded clock move, he will do so. You can make a good argument for his poor choices costing the Dolphins anywhere from 1 to 3 wins.

Tell us about it, we should have 2 more wins, except for some last second FG's.
The game's not over until the clock is 00:00-8.

Jimmy James
11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Tell us about it, we should have 2 more wins, except for some last second FG's.
The game's not over until the clock is 00:00-8.

I'm not talking last second FGs here -- I'm talking about serious misuse (or lack of use) of time outs of a magnitude that is approaching Martz-like lack of understanding of this aspect of coaching. If Cam can screw up the game by taking or failing to take a time out, he will.

HHURRICANE
11-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Sorry but Cam Cameron was a huge mistake as head coach. His influence on this team is already pushing the team backwards.

If you keep Welker you have a player that is better than Ginn. Beck is obviously not ready to even attempt a start when your team is 0-8? The fans heckling Cameron after the draft was well deserved.

im4bflo
11-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm not talking last second FGs here -- I'm talking about serious misuse (or lack of use) of time outs of a magnitude that is approaching Martz-like lack of understanding of this aspect of coaching. If Cam can screw up the game by taking or failing to take a time out, he will.

You talk about your team, like some fans here, talk about ours.
And we're at .500.
What do they have to complain about?
Now this Cameron dude, needs to step up!
You could of had a couple wins, if it wasn't for bad clock management?
Now that's something to complain about!
Tell him to set his clock back an hour, maybe that will help :up:

Pride
11-05-2007, 08:25 PM
But also in reality, it is a division rival game and weird things can happen

Thats what scares me... If nothing else though... Jauron seems to motivate and prepare his team. As long as the execute, we should be ok.

im4bflo
11-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Thats what scares me... If nothing else though... Jauron seems to motivate and prepare his team. As long as the execute, we should be ok.

I agree 100% if we execute the fish, we should be ok.

LtFinFan66
11-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Sorry but Cam Cameron was a huge mistake as head coach. His influence on this team is already pushing the team backwards.

If you keep Welker you have a player that is better than Ginn. Beck is obviously not ready to even attempt a start when your team is 0-8? The fans heckling Cameron after the draft was well deserved.I honestly think the owner told Cam he better get at least 1 win or else. He is probably scared to start Beck till he gets a win

im4bflo
11-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I honestly think the owner told Cam he better get at least 1 win or else. He is probably scared to start Beck till he gets a win

If you're 0-8, wouldn't a change at QB be a better idea?

LtFinFan66
11-05-2007, 08:36 PM
I think so. I am pissed. I want to see what Beck has to offer. I would rather go 0-16 and know what Beck has then win 1 or 2 and not know

im4bflo
11-05-2007, 08:42 PM
I think so. I am pissed. I want to see what Beck has to offer. I would rather go 0-16 and know what Beck has then win 1 or 2 and not know

I agree!

TigerJ
11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Well, if Buffalo does not have a let down, they should win. I'm certainly not going to argue with Ingtar's analysis. It sounds about right to me. Buffalo is growing increasingly adept at stopping the run. I imagine that is where they will focus against the Bengals. Since Brown is out, that shouldn't be a huge problem. Miami, though it has been stronger on offense than defense, is not a better passing team than Cincinnati, so Buffalo really should be able to handle Lemon and Ginn. However, as LtFinFan observed when it comes to division rivalries, strange things can happen. Buffalo had better not take a win for granted or even think about looking ahead to NE.

NJFINSFAN1
11-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Beck should be the QB, no ifs ands or butts.
We need to know what he can do, what's the worse that happens, we lose????

im4bflo
11-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Buffalo is on an upswing, and should play even better, I think.
The only thing that can beat us next weekend, is ourselves, along with
some bad refing. That's why they play the games.

NJFINSFAN1
11-05-2007, 09:06 PM
The Bills have been playing great, but If we don't start him now, than when? We have the eagles next, than the Steelers, and you see what they are doing tonight. Just start him and see what he can do.

gr8slayer
11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
DO NOT underestimate the Dolphins. They might be one of the worst teams in the league but those are the teams that should scare you more than anyone, they have nothing to play for except to ruin other teams seasons.

NJFINSFAN1
11-05-2007, 09:25 PM
DO NOT underestimate the Dolphins. They might be one of the worst teams in the league but those are the teams that should scare you more than anyone, they have nothing to play for except to ruin other teams seasons.

I can only hope!:dance:

Mike13
11-05-2007, 09:25 PM

I agree, Cameron does not know how to manage the clock at all.

I wouldnt place all of the blame on him however, this down fall was a long time comming.

what's the weather supposed to be like in miami for sunday?

So far its been nice actually, its 10-15 degrees cooler than it has been all autumn.

you keep Welker you have a player that is better than Ginn

Its too early to judge Ginn, but I do Miss Wes, then again he couldn't make a large impact on this team if he were still here. But if we keep Welker we may not have the flexibility of acquiring two players of need(Satele, and Beck, we would not have been able to get both if we did not have an extra second rounder, we don't know what Beck is fully capable of, but Satele has proven to be solid.)
Moss and Brady can make anyone else look great, Welker is still an athletically limited overachieving Slot WR, Is he effective? yes he is, he's just not as great as some make him out to be.

Oaf
11-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Hopefully we won't do what we haven't been able to do in a LOOONG time: overlook a bad team.

!Papacrunk!
11-05-2007, 11:06 PM
it's too funny when people (including the media) brings up the Welker thing. We had no chance in keeping him. It was either give him an outrageous salary to out do the Patriots original offer, ala the old poison pill, or take the other offer which was the 2nd and 7th round pick. With a team that has a lot of holes, you need as much picks as you can get. So tie up a huge chunk in your salary in a player that is pretty good, or invest in the future to help out other areas. The 2nd round pick in question was used for our rookie center that has started all games and has been a big key in the revitalization of our o-line (an o-line that has been a heck of a lot cheaper than others, and has been performing quite well IMO.)

As far as Cameron--if he rolled up his sleeves anymore, because of the damage done from his predecessors, he may as well cut them off. There has been way too many bandaids on the offensive and defensive side and it has finally shown. Impact players on the defense seem to be showing their age, where as the younger contributors are too green to have enough of an impact to alleviate the dropoff problem. The injury bug has been a real problem too, ESPECIALLY in the secondary, an already thin area to begin with. I'm hoping that Jason Allen can finally put it all together and not be the monumental bust he's been since he was drafted. Cam Cameron has been starting to lay some great groundwork in the offense, especially for his first year, but unfortunately he can only do so much when the the past predecessors have done their damage.

The team has been too one sided-when the offense has been good, the defense has really lacked. When the defense improved the offense made inopportune mistakes. In full out cliche mode, if both sides of the ball can do their jobs, they'll give the Bills a run for the money. Unfortunately it's been tough for them to do this in previous games obviously.

AS far as renewing the rivalry, Joey Porter needs to adopt this one to replace his Steelers/Bengals rivalry. I really wish he could get his bite back to back up his bark. He's either lost a step, or Capers just doesn't know how to fully utilize the pitbull. As much as everyone on here must hate Porter, he did spice up the rivalries in the AFCNorth when he played with the Steelers.

LtFinFan66
11-05-2007, 11:07 PM
No kidding. The unsmart make it sound like we traded Welker because we were drafting Ginn. That's what happens when you just want to talk smack and show your true football IQ

Jimmy James
11-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Welker's biggest asset is the way he plays. I miss him. He's just showing his potential with New England.

The Ginn debacle (and by debacle, I mean more the "Ginn family" comments than the pick itself) was a PR disaster not only because Brady Quinn was there but also because of Welker getting sent off to New England whether Miami had a choice or not. It just doesn't ever look good to get a 2nd rounder for a player and then give up a 1st rounder for a player who is arguably a replacement.

gr8slayer
11-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Crunk, Porter is a has been. You all just screwed up on that one.

LtFinFan66
11-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Welker's biggest asset is the way he plays. I miss him. He's just showing his potential with New England.

The Ginn debacle (and by debacle, I mean more the "Ginn family" comments than the pick itself) was a PR disaster not only because Brady Quinn was there but also because of Welker getting sent off to New England whether Miami had a choice or not. It just doesn't ever look good to get a 2nd rounder for a player and then give up a 1st rounder for a player who is arguably a replacement.I agree to disagree. Then again, I was happy with the pick and still am. Others will be soon. Then again, I am a Buckeye homer:homer:

clumping platelets
11-05-2007, 11:19 PM
:squish:

LtFinFan66
11-05-2007, 11:28 PM
:blah:

Mike13
11-06-2007, 10:49 AM
:squish:

Hey there Clumpy.

it's too funny when people (including the media) brings up the Welker thing

The same thing is happening with Chambers, ESPN claiming it was a steal, that it was a horrible move for the Fins. ye Chambers hasn't done **** in San Diego, granted its only been two games but you would think he'd be Jerry Rice with all the hype that ESPN gave him.
Which is one of the many reasons I don't watch ESPN as much.
They've been on a major downhill slide.

JerseyBoofaloBills
11-06-2007, 10:58 AM
im wondering..is ricky williams still on the team? i sure hope not.

Mike13
11-06-2007, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't want him back anyway.

JD
11-06-2007, 11:13 AM
People talking level headed football with no *******s present, at BillsZone? holy ****! Mods good job as you must be deleting dozens of posts by now :sarcasm:

But anyway, I am definitely not looking past the Dolphins. I do believe we will win this game, but I do think it will be a close one with the bills winning by 7-10 pts. I can definitely see McGee running one back, or maybe Parrish on the PR. Going by the numbers the Dolphins look horrendus on D.

I think whoever wins the turnover battle and can run better will take this one easily. I want Lynch to tear it up with maybe 200+ yards, but then again you dont want to cramp up the guy just before the Patriots.. tough call whether to play marshawn a bit conservative this week or not.

JerseyBoofaloBills
11-06-2007, 11:14 AM
why not pats, he owned the bills.

JD
11-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Would Miami be interested in Cowher?

The Answer
11-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Some of you are giving the Fish way to much credit - We swept them easily last year when they had a much better team, including a top 5 defense.

If we struggle against this team and don't blow the game wide open by halftime than we probably aren't that good ourselves.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Never.

Run and then hit them deep. Their secondary also blows. Our D should match up well against their O. This is no gimme. I doubt Dick makes allows them to overlook the fins.

They have a homefield advantage ... NOt!!!! But the orange seats are very uncomfortable to the eyes.

im4bflo
11-06-2007, 07:05 PM
:squish: :gobills:

gr8slayer
11-06-2007, 07:45 PM
People talking level headed football with no *******s present, at BillsZone? holy ****! Mods good job as you must be deleting dozens of posts by now :sarcasm:

But anyway, I am definitely not looking past the Dolphins. I do believe we will win this game, but I do think it will be a close one with the bills winning by 7-10 pts. I can definitely see McGee running one back, or maybe Parrish on the PR. Going by the numbers the Dolphins look horrendus on D.

I think whoever wins the turnover battle and can run better will take this one easily. I want Lynch to tear it up with maybe 200+ yards, but then again you dont want to cramp up the guy just before the Patriots.. tough call whether to play marshawn a bit conservative this week or not.
So let me get this strait. You aren't looking past the Dolphins to the Patriots but you don't want to over-work Lynch so that he'll be fresh for the game against the Patriots? :scratch:

MTBillsFan
11-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Taylor and Thomas will have the D ready to go! At least Chambers was traded so he can't torch us for 3 TD's!
We will win the game but it's probably gonna be closer than we want.

Mike13
11-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Would Miami be interested in Cowher?
Huizenga loves big names.
But he's never fired a coach and I doubt he'll start now.

why not pats, he owned the bills.
Because he is unreliable and he's going to be over 30 by the time the League reinstates him, IF they reinstate him.

But the orange seats are very uncomfortable to the eyes.

I honestly cant blame people for not showing up to the games.

feelthepain
11-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Some of you are giving the Fish way to much credit - We swept them easily last year when they had a much better team, including a top 5 defense.

If we struggle against this team and don't blow the game wide open by halftime than we probably aren't that good ourselves.

~The Answer

I guess Bills fans believe they have a chance to win every game no matter their record, but you expect everyone else in the NFL to believe they don't stand a chance because of something that took place a year ago,....good logic!

John Doe
11-07-2007, 04:16 PM
A few things about the Fins:

They have been able to cobble a decent offensive line together seemingly out of thin air. Satele was a very good draft pick for them.

You cannot tackle Chatman (their running back) high. If you don't wrap up his legs he will not go down and he seems to have good speed in spite of his squatty build. He is a threat for long runs as his ypc shows.

They like to take shots down the field in their passing game. Cover 2 is a good defense against them, but you never know what is going to happen when they start throwing the ball up for graps deep.

They have had 2 weeks to game plan for the Bills.

Jason Taylor can still rush the QB and will not quit on a play. JP will probably get fairly good protection, but he will not be able to scan the field twice back there like he did aginst the Bengals. They also like to disguise their defenses and get Taylor into coverage once in a while, and he is actually fairly good doing that as well.

NJFINSFAN1
11-07-2007, 07:56 PM
A few things about the Fins:

They have been able to cobble a decent offensive line together seemingly out of thin air. Satele was a very good draft pick for them.

You cannot tackle Chatman (their running back) high. If you don't wrap up his legs he will not go down and he seems to have good speed in spite of his squatty build. He is a threat for long runs as his ypc shows.

They like to take shots down the field in their passing game. Cover 2 is a good defense against them, but you never know what is going to happen when they start throwing the ball up for graps deep.

They have had 2 weeks to game plan for the Bills.

Jason Taylor can still rush the QB and will not quit on a play. JP will probably get fairly good protection, but he will not be able to scan the field twice back there like he did aginst the Bengals. They also like to disguise their defenses and get Taylor into coverage once in a while, and he is actually fairly good doing that as well.

Good review, but we only started moving around Taylor again in the NE game, why we stopped in the first place is beyond me.

Bills should be favored, but I think we have a shot!

gr8slayer
11-08-2007, 06:22 AM
I guess Bills fans believe they have a chance to win every game no matter their record, but you expect everyone else in the NFL to believe they don't stand a chance because of something that took place a year ago,....good logic!
Holy ****! It's Culpepper's love child!

"it's cool bro, I still love you for life"

thecoordinator
11-08-2007, 03:42 PM

nah man, when ronnie brown went out for the year, the fins became one of the worst teams in the nfl in longer than i can remember. the D cant stop the run or the pass or take the ball away either. the offense has no qb and no playmakers that are a threat to score a big play TD. the special teams kick coverage is probably the worst in the league. the head coach has no idea how to be a head coach and the DC is busy square-pegging a round hole with his 3-4 scheme. this team is flat out pathetic from top to bottom and is not a threat to beat anyone. the phrase "any given sunday" does not apply to this team because they are that bad, and are not a threat to beat anyone this season, even if the other team doesn't show up.

BillsOverDolphins
11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
nah man, when ronnie brown went out for the year, the fins became one of the worst teams in the nfl in longer than i can remember. the D cant stop the run or the pass or take the ball away either. the offense has no qb and no playmakers that are a threat to score a big play TD. the special teams kick coverage is probably the worst in the league. the head coach has no idea how to be a head coach and the DC is busy square-pegging a round hole with his 3-4 scheme. this team is flat out pathetic from top to bottom and is not a threat to beat anyone. the phrase "any given sunday" does not apply to this team because they are that bad, and are not a threat to beat anyone this season, even if the other team doesn't show up.
The Bills can make any team look good at times...trust me, it's gonna be a close one

justasportsfan
11-08-2007, 03:51 PM
the fins have a chance to beat the bills....on any given sunday :snicker:

PhinsFan66
11-09-2007, 12:58 AM
My grandma could run on my Fins this year(and she died 18 years ago). Hopefully you guys will be facing John Beck at QB and not Lemon. Lets see what the rookie has to offer. The D backfield is beat up. If you had a current passport, you got hired for the trip to London to play safety. Of course Ronnie Brown is out for the year and he was lighting it up on a crappy team. Chatman is doing pretty good in his place. Ginn is starting to get more time at WR with the Chambers trade. Caught his first TD against the Giants.

In reality, you guys should have no problem getting the W. But also in reality, it is a division rival game and weird things can happen

Dude!!!!! How does a Miami Dolphin's fan become a MOD on a Bill's fan site? LOL......too funny!!!! But cool that they allowed one of us Phin's fans to keep things nice and balanced. Too bad Finheaven is down as it would be nice to get some more info/feedback on Sunday's game. I really think Miami will be getting their first win this Sunday. They had a long bye week, and had plenty of time to plan for shutting down Marshawn....I figure he is about 90% of the Bill's offense this year. Even if Zach is out we should be able to keep him in check. Losman doesn't worry me much, even with our 3rd string d-backs in place. I think Chatman and Ginn are going to have a break out game.

Final score:

Phins 27
Bills 20

Crisis
11-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Miami is actually the one team that should be worried about Losman, you guys make him look like an all-pro.

And I don't like JP.

mysticsoto
11-09-2007, 07:58 AM

Actually it is. The logic is that last year, our defense was just starting to implement the cover 2 and many defensive players were just adjusting to it, not to mention that we had several rookies on the defensive side. This year, the players have better taken to the style and are a much better defense as the stats are showing.

Can't wait to see how many sacks we get. Too bad Schobel isn't 100% due to a groin pull injury. But apparently he's still good enough to play - hopefully, he'll still get a few as he always does as he squishes the fishes...

In reality, I think it is ST that will decide this. Last week our ST played awful and they will look to rebound against one of the worst STs in the league. They "SHOULD" have a field day...

Mike13
11-09-2007, 09:09 AM
^ If there is any reason for Keith Armstrong to be fired, its because they had Feely kick away from Ellis Hobbs, how is not a great return man, and they let an even worse returner score on us.
That is just awful coaching.

They like to take shots down the field in their passing game

That doesn't mean much when Cleo Lemon is our QB.

JD
11-09-2007, 01:37 PM
So let me get this strait. You aren't looking past the Dolphins to the Patriots but you don't want to over-work Lynch so that he'll be fresh for the game against the Patriots? :scratch:
Well its obvious which is the bigger game of the two. Lynch is our biggest weapon against the Dolphins while we need to be hitting on EVERY cylinder to take down the Patriots. We can make mistakes against the Dolphins and still win, the same cannot be said against the Patriots. By no means am I "looking past" the Dolphins, I'm just realizing the bigger challenge and hoping Jauron prepares his guys for the long haul of what could come.

!Papacrunk!
11-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Just like in Sabre's above post, others have mentioned the phrase "not looking past the Dolphins" but despite it being a divisional game, is there others that seem to think this might be the sports cliche...a trap game?