PDA

View Full Version : Edwards will be the starter against NE

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Mark my words, regardless of what JP does against Miami and the sentiment for him on the team he sits back down. The coaches have expressed their desire for Edwards to play and will hang a carrot out there to get JP to perform but they made their call. JP is playing exhibition for his next team, he is as good as gone.

Please do not take this as a QB controversy thread, take it as a reality thread.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Why throw Edwards to the dogs?

If they truly wanted Edwards to start, they'd throw JP to the dogs and let him get slaughtered by New England.

LtFinFan66
11-05-2007, 11:36 PM
I doubt it Skoob. If he plays well against the Fins, he will start against the Pats. He could be on a short lease but he will start. You can't mark my words but you can highlight them if you so choose

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Cincy had the worst Defense we have seen so far this year, they we're brutal. You can pat our offense on the back all you want but our D won us the game, not the offense.

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Why throw Edwards to the dogs?

If they truly wanted Edwards to start, they'd throw JP to the dogs and let him get slaughtered by New England.

If your going to move forward to be the best, you have to play the best. TE has the advantage to watch a few weeks and rest. The Pats are riding real tall with a big head and are really hated right now. I would also safely say that outside of the collective pats nation, everyone wants to see them get cooked.

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 11:48 PM
I doubt it Skoob. If he plays well against the Fins, he will start against the Pats. He could be on a short lease but he will start. You can't mark my words but you can highlight them if you so choose

Who hasn't played well against the fins?? Do you really consider them the measuring stick for success??

The fins drafted like a 16 year olds playing madden 06'. Big play wide receivers sound great, unless you have no QB to pass to them. Why in the world would they even pass on a quality QB?? Sorry to say it out of respect for you but they have nothing right now, literally nothing. This nightmare will continue for years for the fins, literally years. When they do get some semblence of offense together, the D guys will be all new and trying to learn it all over again.

clumping platelets
11-05-2007, 11:49 PM
JP will start until he falters

LtFinFan66
11-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Eli Manning, Jason Campbell.

I won't argue with you Skooby but you are clearly are trying to notch up the QB controversy. Even if you claim differently. Had Edwards played, I believe you would have lost to the Bengals. Just one guys opinion

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 11:53 PM
I am not being a TE homer or a JP homer, I being a realist. The coaches have made their choice and JP is the back-up. Feel good for JP moments are just that, moments. I am glad he came in and helped us and he saved us from the Jets. TE sprained his wrist and didn't look like the previous TE that we had seen. JP underthrows one ball that Evans pulled out so now we should change the course the team decided to go??? Give me a break.

Mitchy moo
11-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Eli Manning, Jason Campbell.

I won't argue with you Skooby but you are clearly are trying to notch up the QB controversy. Even if you claim differently. Had Edwards played, I believe you would have lost to the Bengals. Just on guys opinion

What 8-12 yards pass did JP hit in the game yesterday? He made some good longer throws but is still incapable of touch passing. He could of had a baby in the amount of time he had in the back field. A healthy Edwards would of literally had 350 + yards with all day to pass. Brady would of had 425 +, Manning 450 +. Losman had 1 TD pass and 1 INT against a D / F grade defense. Losman has 85 passing attempts so far this year and 2 TD's to show for it. Maybe we should annoint him the permanent starter now and change the course the coaching staff has chosen??? UUmmmm, No.

LtFinFan66
11-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Skoob: See words 5-10 of post #8 please

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Skoob: See words 5-10 of post #8 please

Gotcha. Do you know that Peyton M is ~3 times more likely to throw a TD pass per attempt than JP?? Brady is ~7 times more likely. That is a brutal reality of it, we simply need more production. Thank god we have ML back there.

Elminster
11-06-2007, 12:48 AM
The only way we can beat the Pats is to throw caution to the wind and play aggressive. We aren't as talented, and thus our chance lies in throwing the Pats off-balance and forcing mistakes...and Losman is vastly superior for that sort of game plan.

tat2dmike77
11-06-2007, 12:52 AM
LAME THREAD ALERT!!!!!!

BillsFever21
11-06-2007, 01:25 AM
What 8-12 yards pass did JP hit in the game yesterday? He made some good longer throws but is still incapable of touch passing. He could of had a baby in the amount of time he had in the back field. A healthy Edwards would of literally had 350 + yards with all day to pass. Brady would of had 425 +, Manning 450 +. Losman had 1 TD pass and 1 INT against a D / F grade defense. Losman has 85 passing attempts so far this year and 2 TD's to show for it. Maybe we should annoint him the permanent starter now and change the course the coaching staff has chosen??? UUmmmm, No.

And Edwards hasn't had a ton of time to throw in 4 out of the 5 games? The ONE GAME he did get pressured and took some hits he got injured. Just like he did in college all the time. The guy just can't take hits. This is the guy you want to build a team around? A guy who hasn't made one great throw all season long and isn't tough enough to take hits and stay in the game?

Trent Edwards with 350+ yards? LOL. This coming coming from a guy with 1 TD and 5 INT and only 1 game of 175+ yards in nothing but home games. His one road start he was terrible and JP had to come in and save the day.

Fact is our offense scored 6 less points in the last 5 quarters then they did in 5 games with Trent playing. The team played a spirited performance and it's only obvious who they think is the better QB.

Some of your reasons why JP shouldn't be playing was because of his accuracy. He had a high completion percentage last year and this year he has a 66.3 %. Trent Edwards has a 66.1%. JP has a better percentage while throwing down the field and making plays. Trent has a worse one with throwing nothing but dumpoffs. With the kind of passes Trent throws he should be completing at least 70%.

JP has a 7.7 average. Trent has a 6.5. JP has a 87.5 QB rating. Trent has a 69.9 LOL. That is a good number for an adult film but not for the NFL.

In 13 quarters of football JP has 735 total yards. In 19 quarters of football Trent has 797. In the next 1.5 games JP would only have to amount 52 yards to pass Edwards.

Lee Evans has more yards in the last 5 quarters with Losman. Evans has 260 yards and 2 TD's in the last 5 quarters of football playing with Losman. He has 215 yards and 0 TD's playing with Trent in 19 total quarters.

In the last 3 games the Edwards lead offense had 671 total yards. They were 8-37 for 3rd down conversions and 25 points. In the last 5 quarters the Losman lead offense has had 640 yards of offense and were 9-14 on 3rd down conversions and has put up 43 points.

It's only obvious which QB the offense is the most productive and most lethal with and which QB the players believe in. Some Edwards fans like to claim that Edwards makes the plays to keep the chains moving when needed but he is 8-37 in the last 3 games. Should I add in the other two games also?

It's alright for you guys to swallow your pride. Had Trent been playing yesterday and we had the exact same game you guys would be stroking his knob by now.

The best thing to happen for this team was Edwards getting injured AGAIN. Had he not been injured we would 2-6 right now. It was obvious he wasn't doing anything against the Jets and wouldn't have pulled that game off on the road. For us to win yesterday Trent would've had to play a game similar to JP's which he has shown he is incapable of doing to this point. With Trent at the helm we would've been down by 2 scores at halftime and would've been trying to play catchup all day. Instead we had the lead for most of the game and took the Bengals out of their gameplan.

cablesabres68
11-06-2007, 02:08 AM
What 8-12 yards pass did JP hit in the game yesterday? He made some good longer throws but is still incapable of touch passing.
Skooby i don't even think you watch football man if u think edwards is even remotly better than losman. that being said 3rd down the play b4 lynch broke his big run losman completed a little slant route to evans for the first down between 2 defenders. if that isn't a touch pass to evans i don't know what is then

edited..tos violation

BillsFever21
11-06-2007, 03:36 AM
Skooby i don't even think you watch football man u are an idiot if u think edwards is even remotly better than losman. that being said 3rd down the play b4 lynch broke his big run losman completed a little slant route to evans for the first down between 2 defenders. if that isn't a touch pass to evans i don't know what is then

Don't mind him. Every board has one. Two months ago Losman was going to be the league MVP. Edwards is his new flavor of the year till the next one comes. Oh and that is the ONLY thing he can comment about too.

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Let it go, Losman is our guy for now.

hurls
11-06-2007, 05:46 AM
Barring injury to JP, no way they throw Trent to the wolves on Nat'l TV vs the Pats. Plus, I don't see JP looking back again. He had his reality check, and wants to keep that home he bought here.

mybills
11-06-2007, 05:49 AM
What 8-12 yards pass did JP hit in the game yesterday?
Are you serious? :chuckle: Is this what you're looking for in a QB? :chuckle: Did you see the game? :chuckle:

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 05:55 AM
I hope JP throws for 400 yards and does well for us. I feel that the coaches have decided to go with Edwards the rest of the way. Their comments and their actions say the same.

If Edwards was healthy, he would be starting.

SquishDaFish
11-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Skooby your crazy and blind

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 06:43 AM
Skooby your crazy and blind

More like brutally honest and straightforward.

SquishDaFish
11-06-2007, 06:46 AM
If JP has a good game against the Fins he will be starting until he falters.

hurls
11-06-2007, 06:53 AM
The only way he doesn't kick ass vs the Fins is if someone doesn't block Jason Taylor all day.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 06:56 AM
If JP has a good game against the Fins he will be starting until he falters.

JP should play great against Miami, they are 0-8 and worse than they we're last year and we are better. That basically means that they are screwed and know it.

Mahdi
11-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Mark my words, regardless of what JP does against Miami and the sentiment for him on the team he sits back down. The coaches have expressed their desire for Edwards to play and will hang a carrot out there to get JP to perform but they made their call. JP is playing exhibition for his next team, he is as good as gone.

Please do not take this as a QB controversy thread, take it as a reality thread.
There would be a player revolt if that happens. DJ said in hiw own words that every position was open for competition and whoever steps up will play. If he sits JP after 2 great games assuming Miami goes well then he will lose the locker room.

SquishDaFish
11-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Exactly Mahdi! If they want to go back to Edwards for some stupid reason then they have to hope JP falters. Plain and simple. You do not want the locker room deviding when we are gelling now.

Jan Reimers
11-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Edwards seems to be the darling of the coaching staff, and I'm pretty sure he will start as soon as he's healthy. This, despite the fact that his lack of athleticism - and productivity - gives us no chance against New England.

acehole
11-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Trend Edwards man crush contuies!

Kenny
11-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Cincy had the worst Defense we have seen so far this year, they we're brutal. You can pat our offense on the back all you want but our D won us the game, not the offense.

whoa... the defense played great, -but give some props to Losman and the rest of the offense!
Cinci did score 21 points... and put it anyway you want, -but scoring only 3points was not going to win us the game.

gr8slayer
11-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Losman should start until he proves otherwise. Our offense is much more high powered with him at the helm.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Wow , you sure went out on a limb on this one skoobs considering there's only 3 choices and if you think of Hamdan there's really only 2. :rolleyes: I hope you didn't have to call you wealthy friend for this info.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dick goes back to Trent however. Dicks been talking out of his ass. First he says he likes JP and that JP will get better coming into the season. Then switches and says that no ones job is safe. When asked before the Bengals game he said he answered the long term questions the week before implying it's Edwards.

I think he's waiting for JP to have a crappy game so he can go back to Trent. I don't think Dick is STUPID enough to go back to Trent if the decision was his. If indeed it's his decision, that doesn't say much about IVY league edumacation.
He gets rid of Holcomb and then goes back to Trent who is a few steps back from Kelly.

Meathead
11-06-2007, 10:09 AM
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Skooby For This Un-useful Post: Meathead

Ed
11-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I hope JP throws for 400 yards and does well for us. I feel that the coaches have decided to go with Edwards the rest of the way. Their comments and their actions say the same.

If Edwards was healthy, he would be starting.
And if JP hadn't gotten hurt against the Pats, he'd still be starting and we'd probably be 5-3.

patmoran2006
11-06-2007, 10:45 AM

If we LOSE to Miami with Losman having a bad game, he's out.

IF we beat Miami like 9-7, he may be out.

That's the only way. Otherwise, Losman is staying in the lineup. I'd say there is a 90% chance Losman stays in the lineup against NE and I hope he does for right now.

That will be his ultimate "test". Edwards isnt playing for at least 3 more weeks unless JP gets hurt or has a DISASTER in Miami.

Wally The Barber
11-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Wrong...........

Edwards will repalce Losman at half time in the NE game.....wait and see!

SquishDaFish
11-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Nope wally

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 10:56 AM
whoa... the defense played great, -but give some props to Losman and the rest of the offense!
Cinci did score 21 points... and put it anyway you want, -but scoring only 3points was not going to win us the game.

Besides handing off, how many TD passes did JP have?? 1. He doubled his total this season after ~4 games, wow. ML passed for a TD and ran for one and the remainder of our scoring was FG's.

Losman gets props for his first TD. It was sweet and Evans made a great catch / step. It never got close to that good for JP again during this game, he shorted a few balls and he had all day to find people ( I mean all day).

billsburgh
11-06-2007, 11:02 AM
stop posting stupid **** like this skooby, you're making yourself look even dumber, it that's even possible.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 11:04 AM
If we LOSE to Miami with Losman having a bad game, he's out.

IF we beat Miami like 9-7, he may be out.

That's the only way. Otherwise, Losman is staying in the lineup. I'd say there is a 90% chance Losman stays in the lineup against NE and I hope he does for right now.

That will be his ultimate "test". Edwards isnt playing for at least 3 more weeks unless JP gets hurt or has a DISASTER in Miami.

Who do the coaches want in there more, JP or Trent?? You read all things they say and hear the conversation, they almost never speak that highly of JP. That in itself lends credence to just how they are going to play it.

This talk of a fake injury of TE is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard. TE had 0 protection during the Jets game and was often under pressure. I have never seen a wrap and ice pack that big either, it was huge. We still do not know the level of the injury or the severity of it, there where 3 levels and I guess DJ is playing cat and mouse with a straight answer about it. Trent gets limited practice later this week, backs up JP during the game and retakes his place with the starting squad the following week, getting a majority of the reps.

hurls
11-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Hey Skooby, there should be a bet as to who starts.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 11:07 AM
stop posting stupid **** like this skooby, you're making yourself look even dumber, it that's even possible.

Don't shoot the messenger, I am just being point blank as to how I see it on here. If that's even possible.

JerseyBoofaloBills
11-06-2007, 11:12 AM
im not sure the defense won us that game, i think chad johnson won us that game when he dropped that quick slant pattern on 3rd down probably for a touchdown..Skoobs what happens when they start JP against the pats and he does really well..I think that if he plays real well and still looses, he'll start for the rest of the year..TE is not that good as everyone thinks he is..the kid has no production whatsoever, what is he..1TD and 5INT's or something like that? idk if i want that to be starting for my team going up against the best team in the NFL, he'll give us the best chance to get embarrased on sunday night..

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 11:15 AM
im not sure the defense won us that game, i think chad johnson won us that game when he dropped that quick slant pattern on 3rd down probably for a touchdown..Skoobs what happens when they start JP against the pats and he does really well..I think that if he plays real well and still looses, he'll start for the rest of the year..TE is not that good as everyone thinks he is..the kid has no production whatsoever, what is he..1TD and 5INT's or something like that? idk if i want that to be starting for my team going up against the best team in the NFL, he'll give us the best chance to get embarrased on sunday night..

I want us to beat NE in the worst way, the coaches will make their call if TE is ready. He is the starter regardless of what JP does because he is the future in their mind. Who is going to question the coaches with a winning record or the owner??

JerseyBoofaloBills
11-06-2007, 11:17 AM
I think TE wont be healthy enough to even start in that game..So i dont even know why we're having this conversation.

The Answer
11-06-2007, 11:26 AM

He might be our best chance - The Hoodie knows how to shut down Losman and force him into big mistakes.

~The Answer

Ed
11-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Who do the coaches want in there more, JP or Trent?? You read all things they say and hear the conversation, they almost never speak that highly of JP. That in itself lends credence to just how they are going to play it.
I don't know, based on some of the things Jauron said last week, I'm starting to think he's not as sold on Edwards as some people think. At least for this season. There's no doubt that Jauron's only focus is winning now. Coaches don't think about the future because if they don't produce wins in the present, there's a good chance they won't be a part of it.

I don't know which article it was and I don't feel like trying to find it, but remember last week when Jauron was quoted as saying that we weren't making enough big plays and needed to score more points, and that he wasn't a big TOP stats guy? That to me sounded like an open door for JP to come in and take the job back assuming he produced, and he did.

If Jauron still wants a chance at the playoffs, which he obviously does, it's hard to believe that he'd feel more confident with a rookie qb thats only played decent in a few games against crappy teams.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Who do the coaches want in there more, JP or Trent?? .

JP..... Ralphy "The Dollar Store" wilson wants Trent.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 11:46 AM
JP..... Ralphy "The Dollar Store" wilson wants Trent.

RW spent a fortune to make the O-line better this off season. They are improving weekly as is our D and the scary part is who we thought we might need from next years draft is become is becoming more clouded every week.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 11:51 AM
RW spent a fortune to make the O-line better this off season. .
he needs to recoup that money and he saw JP.

patmoran2006
11-06-2007, 11:54 AM

This talk of a fake injury of TE is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard. TE had 0 protection during the Jets game and was often under pressure. I have never seen a wrap and ice pack that big either, it was huge. We still do not know the level of the injury or the severity of it, there where 3 levels and I guess DJ is playing cat and mouse with a straight answer about it. Trent gets limited practice later this week, backs up JP during the game and retakes his place with the starting squad the following week, getting a majority of the reps.
If the coaches took Losman out of the lineup after the Miami game, especially if we beat them as expected---- Jauron would lose his team in a very big way.

You stick with the hot hand. We won with Trent and he stayed. .Then he went hurt, and JP is back in. He won and he played well against Cinci. If he has the hot hand he'll continue to be ridden.

NExt year will be worried about next year, or when we're out of any playoff race for this season.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 11:57 AM
he needs to recoup that money and he saw JP.

More like he saw JP with the new line and thought what else can I do for this guy.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 11:59 AM
More like he saw JP with the new line and thought what else can I do for this guy.
that's not what you said when Jp predicted JP MVP.

billsburgh
11-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Don't shoot the messenger, I am just being point blank as to how I see it on here. If that's even possible.
well I dont know what you were watching because the BS you're posting to back up you claims is wrong

Ed
11-06-2007, 12:32 PM
If the coaches took Losman out of the lineup after the Miami game, especially if we beat them as expected---- Jauron would lose his team in a very big way.

You stick with the hot hand. We won with Trent and he stayed. .Then he went hurt, and JP is back in. He won and he played well against Cinci. If he has the hot hand he'll continue to be ridden.

NExt year will be worried about next year, or when we're out of any playoff race for this season.
Agreed. If JP starts and we beat Miami, there will be a mutiny if he gets benched for the NE game.

There's no way the team supports Jauron if he benches their captain for a rookie after winning a few games and getting back into the playoff race.

Kerr
11-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I think jp starts, but on a short leash. In other words, if he plays the 1st half bad enough, on to the bench.

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Skoob no offense bro, but I think your copying Op's/Answers gig.(not an insult to either poster, both contribute alot to this mb, imo. ) I'm not fooled by your negative posts as of late because you were one of the more optimistic people when I first signed up. You are the perfect example of why we should not bash or praise 'x' player too much. Let's look at things objectively, Losman passed for 300 yards and our offense is roaring. There is an old adage that goes something like: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Mahdi
11-06-2007, 02:05 PM
First of all Chad dropped that ball because our D was smacking him everytime he got near the football. He saw Whitner coming and he lost focus. Thats a product of good defense. Secondly even if he does catch that ball he's going no where after the catch because Whitner was coming in to drill him. No one can take any credit away from the defense. They played great.

Mahdi
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM

Trent usually has great protection. However the Jets decided to be smart and decided to hit us with CB blitzes all day. The reason they were comfortable doing that was because it was low risk, high reward. Trent hasnt proven he can hit the big play and punish a defense for being too aggressive. And its for that reason that he was heavily pressured against the Jets.

If the coaches have any sense at all, which im sure they have plenty, they know that our running game can thrive with JP since teams will sit back, and suffer with Trent because he doesnt hit the big plays. And maybe he can hit big plays and just hasnt, but I havent seen him make any impressive throws yet.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Skoob no offense bro, but I think your copying Op's/Answers gig.(not an insult to either poster, both contribute alot to this mb, imo. ) I'm not fooled by your negative posts as of late because you were one of the more optimistic people when I first signed up. You are the perfect example of why we should not bash or praise 'x' player too much. Let's look at things objectively, Losman passed for 300 yards and our offense is roaring. There is an old adage that goes something like: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Everyone is taking this as a negative post, it's just how I feel it's going to play out. I maybe wrong but after reading how the coaches feel about TE and his cool / calm demeanor, he'll be our starter. JP played good against Cincy and threw 1 INT and 1 TD and did have decent yardage. Is Beating a hapless Bengals JV defense a reason to change the whole course of you just set for TE being the starter? I think not. What's broke is when the better teams come to play JP runs and scrambles us 3 & out alot more than he keeps us on the field.

As I posted before the Cinci game, JP + home + A terrible team is ~60% of his starting wins. The other 3 came on the road against Miami and the Jets, so toss them out. I bet you didn't know that when JP fumbles the ball it's a loss of possession half of the time.

<TABLE class=plyrTable summary="This table shows the Career Stats of Quarterback Position"><THEAD><TR><TH scope=col abbr=Season>Season</TH><TH scope=col abbr=Team>Team</TH><TH class=whiteRtBdr scope=col abbr=Games>G</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Quarterback Rating">Rat</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Completions">Cmp</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Att">Att</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Yds">Yds</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Yds per Att">Y/A</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Long Yds">Lng</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Interceptions">INT</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Tds">TD</TH><TH class=whiteRtBdr scope=col abbr=Sack>Sack</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Att">Att</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Yds">Yds</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Yds per Att">Y/A</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Long Yds">Lng</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Tds">TD</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Fumbles">Fum</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Fumbles Lost">Lst</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD>2004</TD><TD>Buf (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/nfl/buffalo-bills) </TD><TD class=whitespacing>4</TD><TD>39.2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>6.4</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD class=whitespacing>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>7.5</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR><TD>2005</TD><TD>Buf (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/nfl/buffalo-bills) </TD><TD class=whitespacing>9</TD><TD>64.9</TD><TD>113</TD><TD>228</TD><TD>1340</TD><TD>5.9</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>8</TD><TD class=whitespacing>26</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>154</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD></TR><TR><TD>2006</TD><TD>Buf (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/nfl/buffalo-bills) </TD><TD class=whitespacing>16</TD><TD>84.9</TD><TD>268</TD><TD>429</TD><TD>3051</TD><TD>7.1</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>19</TD><TD class=whitespacing>47</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>140</TD><TD>3.7</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>7</TD></TR><TR><TD>2007</TD><TD>Buf (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/nfl/buffalo-bills) </TD><TD class=whitespacing>5</TD><TD>87.5</TD><TD>57</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>663</TD><TD>7.7</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD class=whitespacing>7</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>72</TD><TD>7.2</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Careers:</TD><TD></TD><TD class=whitespacing>34</TD><TD>78.5</TD><TD>441</TD><TD>748</TD><TD>5086</TD><TD>6.8</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>29</TD><TD class=whitespacing>81</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>381</TD><TD>4.7</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>12</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Everyone is taking this as a negative post, it's just how I feel it's going to play out. I maybe wrong but after reading how the coaches feel about TE and his cool / calm demeanor, he'll be our starter. JP played good against Cincy and threw 1 INT and 1 TD and did have decent yardage. Is Beating a hapless Bengals JV defense a reason to change the whole course of you just set for TE being the starter? I think not. What's broke is when the better teams come to play JP runs and scrambles us 3 & out alot more than he keeps us on the field.

As I posted before the Cinci game, JP + home + A terrible team is ~60% of his starting wins. The other 3 came on the road against Miami and the Jets, so toss them out. I bet you didn't know that when JP fumbles the ball it's a loss of possession half of the time.

<TABLE class=plyrTable summary="This table shows the Career Stats of Quarterback Position"><THEAD><TR><TH scope=col abbr=Season>Season</TH><TH scope=col abbr=Team>Team</TH><TH class=whiteRtBdr scope=col abbr=Games>G</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Quarterback Rating">Rat</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Completions">Cmp</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Att">Att</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Yds">Yds</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Yds per Att">Y/A</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Long Yds">Lng</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Interceptions">INT</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Passing Tds">TD</TH><TH class=whiteRtBdr scope=col abbr=Sack>Sack</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Att">Att</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Yds">Yds</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Yds per Att">Y/A</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Long Yds">Lng</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Tds">TD</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Fumbles">Fum</TH><TH scope=col abbr="Rushing Fumbles Lost">Lst</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD>2004</TD><TD>Buf (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/nfl/buffalo-bills) </TD><TD class=whitespacing>4</TD><TD>39.2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>6.4</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD class=whitespacing>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>7.5</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR><TD>2005</TD><TD>Buf (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/nfl/buffalo-bills) </TD><TD class=whitespacing>9</TD><TD>64.9</TD><TD>113</TD><TD>228</TD><TD>1340</TD><TD>5.9</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>8</TD><TD class=whitespacing>26</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>154</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD></TR><TR><TD>2006</TD><TD>Buf (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/nfl/buffalo-bills) </TD><TD class=whitespacing>16</TD><TD>84.9</TD><TD>268</TD><TD>429</TD><TD>3051</TD><TD>7.1</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>19</TD><TD class=whitespacing>47</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>140</TD><TD>3.7</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>7</TD></TR><TR><TD>2007</TD><TD>Buf (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/nfl/buffalo-bills) </TD><TD class=whitespacing>5</TD><TD>87.5</TD><TD>57</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>663</TD><TD>7.7</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD class=whitespacing>7</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>72</TD><TD>7.2</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Careers:</TD><TD></TD><TD class=whitespacing>34</TD><TD>78.5</TD><TD>441</TD><TD>748</TD><TD>5086</TD><TD>6.8</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>29</TD><TD class=whitespacing>81</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>381</TD><TD>4.7</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>12</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Peyton loses the possession about 1/3 of the time and he is NOT A scrambler:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=yspsctnhdln>Career Stats
<STYLE type=text/css>.title, .fantasy-promo a { float:left}.fantasy-promo { float:right;}.fantasy-promo span { position:absolute; left:-9999em; top:0;}.fantasy-promo a.first { width:231px; height:26px; background:#FFF url(http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/promo/nfl_fn_ft_promo_07.jpg) no-repeat 0 50%;}.fantasy-promo a.last { margin:0 0 0 10px; width:92px; height:26px; background:#FFF url(http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/promo/mlb_fantasy_promo_02.gif);}</STYLE>Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football '07 (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48544/*http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/) PLAY NOW (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48544/*http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/)

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=7><SPACER type="block" height="1" width="1"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg align=middle><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4 height=18>Career Stats</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=13><SPACER type="block" height="1" width="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=10>Passing</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=13><SPACER type="block" height="1" width="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=6>Rushing</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=13><SPACER type="block" height="1" width="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=3>Sacked</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=13><SPACER type="block" height="1" width="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=3>Fumbles</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=18><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Season</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rush</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Fum</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>1998</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Indianapolis</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>71.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>326</TD><TD class=yspscores>575</TD><TD class=yspscores>56.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>3739</TD><TD class=yspscores>233.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>6.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>26</TD><TD class=yspscores>28</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>15</TD><TD class=yspscores>62</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>22</TD><TD class=yspscores>109</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>1999</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Indianapolis</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>90.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>331</TD><TD class=yspscores>533</TD><TD class=yspscores>62.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>4135</TD><TD class=yspscores>258.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>26</TD><TD class=yspscores>15</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>35</TD><TD class=yspscores>73</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>14</TD><TD class=yspscores>116</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2000</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Indianapolis</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>94.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>357</TD><TD class=yspscores>571</TD><TD class=yspscores>62.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>4413</TD><TD class=yspscores>275.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>33</TD><TD class=yspscores>15</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>37</TD><TD class=yspscores>116</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>20</TD><TD class=yspscores>131</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2001</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Indianapolis</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>84.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>343</TD><TD class=yspscores>547</TD><TD class=yspscores>62.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>4131</TD><TD class=yspscores>258.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>26</TD><TD class=yspscores>23</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>35</TD><TD class=yspscores>157</TD><TD class=yspscores>9.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>29</TD><TD class=yspscores>232</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>7</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2002</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Indianapolis</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>88.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>392</TD><TD class=yspscores>591</TD><TD class=yspscores>66.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>4200</TD><TD class=yspscores>262.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>27</TD><TD class=yspscores>19</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>38</TD><TD class=yspscores>148</TD><TD class=yspscores>9.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>23</TD><TD class=yspscores>145</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2003</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Indianapolis</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>99.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>379</TD><TD class=yspscores>566</TD><TD class=yspscores>67.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>4267</TD><TD class=yspscores>266.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>29</TD><TD class=yspscores>10</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>28</TD><TD class=yspscores>26</TD><TD class=yspscores>1.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>0.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>18</TD><TD class=yspscores>107</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>6</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2004</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Indianapolis</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>121.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>336</TD><TD class=yspscores>497</TD><TD class=yspscores>67.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>4557</TD><TD class=yspscores>284.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>9.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>49</TD><TD class=yspscores>10</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>25</TD><TD class=yspscores>38</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>1.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>13</TD><TD class=yspscores>101</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2005</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Indianapolis</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>104.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>305</TD><TD class=yspscores>453</TD><TD class=yspscores>67.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>3747</TD><TD class=yspscores>234.2</TD><TD class=yspscores>8.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>28</TD><TD class=yspscores>10</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>33</TD><TD class=yspscores>45</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>1.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>17</TD><TD class=yspscores>81</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>5</TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2006</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Indianapolis</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>101.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>362</TD><TD class=yspscores>557</TD><TD class=yspscores>65.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>4397</TD><TD class=yspscores>274.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>31</TD><TD class=yspscores>9</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>23</TD><TD class=yspscores>36</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>1.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>14</TD><TD class=yspscores>86</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left>2007</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Indianapolis</TD><TD class=yspscores>8</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>100.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>168</TD><TD class=yspscores>259</TD><TD class=yspscores>64.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>2058</TD><TD class=yspscores>257.3</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>14</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>10</TD><TD class=yspscores>-6</TD><TD class=yspscores>-0.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>-0.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>8</TD><TD class=yspscores>46</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left colSpan=2>Career</TD><TD class=yspscores>152</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>94.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>3299</TD><TD class=yspscores>5149</TD><TD class=yspscores>64.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>39644</TD><TD class=yspscores>260.8</TD><TD class=yspscores>7.7</TD><TD class=yspscores>289</TD><TD class=yspscores>143</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>279</TD><TD class=yspscores>695</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.6</TD><TD class=yspscores>2.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>178</TD><TD class=yspscores>1154</TD><TD></TD><TD class=yspscores>45</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Peyton also started off with a 56.7% average completion percentage, then hit 62% and up. Trent is 66% in his first few games, a real serious stat to consider.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I maybe wrong but after reading how the coaches feel about TE and his cool / calm demeanor, he'll be our starter.
you're reading too much into it. Dick always says nice things about his players. Dick really likes Hadman. Does this mean TE is in toruble?

DraftBoy
11-06-2007, 03:32 PM
you're reading too much into it. Dick always says nice things about his players. Dick really likes Hadman. Does this mean TE is in toruble?

We can only hope its Stop! Hamdan Time!!

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 03:33 PM
We can only hope its Stop! Hamdan Time!!

You should give yourself a 1 week ban.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 03:35 PM
You should give yourself a 1 week ban.

lol.:bad: