PDA

View Full Version : So, where are all the Marvin Lewis and John Fox supporters?

Ebenezer
11-06-2007, 01:18 AM
Just wondering.

clumping platelets
11-06-2007, 01:24 AM
:popcorn:

LtFinFan66
11-06-2007, 01:41 AM
Were there some to begin with:idunno:

Ebenezer
11-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Were there some to begin with:idunno:
you should have heard them screaming when the Bills didn't hire those two.

clumping platelets
11-06-2007, 02:45 AM
:movie:

LtFinFan66
11-06-2007, 02:46 AM
The Bills should have DEFINITELY hired Marvin Lewis!! He has his team going places!!

BillsFever21
11-06-2007, 03:34 AM
That is easy to say now about John Fox. The guy only lead his team to the SB. Last time I checked they have the same record this year too with Vinny Testevarde and David Carr as QB.

I would MUCH rather have taken 5 losing seasons since though...

Night Train
11-06-2007, 04:00 AM
That is easy to say now about John Fox. The guy only lead his team to the SB.

So did Bill Callahan with the Raiders. I'm sure that brings comfort to all the Nebraska fans who root for him now.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 05:59 AM
:movie:

Gunzlingr
11-06-2007, 06:07 AM
The Bills should have DEFINITELY hired Marvin Lewis!! He has his team going places!!

Yeah, the Ohio State Penetentiary

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Yeah, the Ohio State Penetentiary

Lol, :bad:.

LtFinFan66
11-06-2007, 06:10 AM
Yeah, the Ohio State Penetentiary:rofl:

lordofgun
11-06-2007, 06:14 AM
I'd still take John Fox in a heartbeat.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-06-2007, 06:25 AM
I could possibly be worse, I wanted Charlie Weiss. I would still take either one of them instead of what we have now.

EDS
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Just wondering.

I would prefer Fox as head coach of the Bills as compared to Dick.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 11:45 AM
I'd still take John Fox over Greghead anyday.

don137
11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Fox is getting ripped on here in Carolina. Some is his fault and some is not. IMO, the GM here blows and brought in some bad talent through drafts and FA. Fox is ultra conservative and his special teams are consistently one of the worst units in the league. I think he stands a chance of getting fired at the end of the year but its only a slight chance.

patmoran2006
11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Your going back to the MULARKEY era if your talking about Lewis and Fox. They were other potential candidates at the time of the Mularkey hiring.

If its about the Jauron era. Then you'd be asking about the Mike Sherman or Jim Haslett supporters. Those were the other two to be rumored in the running for the gig.

Don't Panic
11-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty happy with what Jauron has done to keep the ship straight this year, but there are still some unbelievably questionable things that I see happening during games (including Cincy) that make me question his overall ability. I would take John Fox in a half a heartbeat if we rewind to 2003 (or whenever it was Mularkey took over). And if he was fired by the Panthers this offseason and for whatever reason Jauron wasn't coming back, he'd be the first interview for me at OBD.

Dude
11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Marvin Lewis is still a good coach. He's just with the wrong organization.

Vince Lombardi couldn't win in Cincinnati.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Fox and Lewis' shortcomings don't change the fact that Jauron and Fairchild are morons.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Your going back to the MULARKEY era if your talking about Lewis and Fox. They were other potential candidates at the time of the Mularkey hiring.

If its about the Jauron era. Then you'd be asking about the Mike Sherman or Jim Haslett supporters. Those were the other two to be rumored in the running for the gig.

I think those two were the Williams era candidates.

Mularkey candidates were Lovie Smith (my choice at the time) and Fassel.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Fox and Lewis' shortcomings don't change the fact that Jauron and Fairchild are morons.
I'll take our moron over Lewis.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Marvin Lewis is still a good coach. He's just with the wrong organization.

Vince Lombardi couldn't win in Cincinnati.

I dunno about that...Lewis has completely lost the team. If he isn't fired, I'd be shocked. And I don't think any teams will be knocking on his door to give him a head coaching job.

He's gonna have to go through the ranks again to get back up to the top spot.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 02:30 PM
I'll take our moron over Lewis.

I don't disagree- we're better than them and we're not a bunch of thugs. I just wish there was another alternative.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 02:31 PM

Jauron is not a moron.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Jauron is not a moron.

Catholic?

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't disagree- we're better than them and we're not a bunch of thugs. I just wish there was another alternative.
I'm half full so I'll say, he's the best we've had since Marv.

Dude
11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
I dunno about that...Lewis has completely lost the team. If he isn't fired, I'd be shocked. And I don't think any teams will be knocking on his door to give him a head coaching job.

He's gonna have to go through the ranks again to get back up to the top spot.Mike Brown won't fire Marvin Lewis.

There is no culture of winning here. Mediocrity is acceptable. There is no accountability on the part of coaches or players for their performance. So, if Lews has lost the team, it's because of the environment fostered and encouraged by ownership. Players and coaches know they won't lose their jobs for a lack of performance.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm half full so I'll say, he's the best we've had since Marv.

again I don't disagree, but that's kind of like winning the Special Olympics.

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Jauron is not a moron.

well I don't know him personally so maybe he's not a moron. He sure as hell acts like one on TV on Sundays though.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Mike Brown won't fire Marvin Lewis.

There is no culture of winning here. Mediocrity is acceptable. There is no accountability on the part of coaches or players for their performance. So, if Lews has lost the team, it's because of the environment fostered and encouraged by ownership. Players and coaches know they won't lose their jobs for a lack of performance.

Hey being a Browns fan, the Bungles being inept makes me giddy, reminds me of many days.

Thing is there has to be some sort of accountability in that organization. Someone is gonna take the fall for that team's utter collapse this year. In the past they fired coaches who lost the team David Shula for one. Tossed away QBs for not getting it fast enough...Klingler and Akili Smith.

I find it hard to believe that Marvin will survive the season, his team has literally quit on him. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. Ocho Cinco is somehow a HUGE distraction now and even got into an argument with Palmer a few weeks back. Meanwhile Marvin is still praising Chad in the media.

It's hard to say someone is a good coach when he has all sorts of talent and is literally one of the laughing stock teams of the league...IMO

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Hey being a Browns fan, the Bungles being inept makes me giddy, reminds me of many days.

Thing is there has to be some sort of accountability in that organization. Someone is gonna take the fall for that team's utter collapse this year. In the past they fired coaches who lost the team David Shula for one. Tossed away QBs for not getting it fast enough...Klingler and Akili Smith.

I find it hard to believe that Marvin will survive the season, his team has literally quit on him. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. Ocho Cinco is somehow a HUGE distraction now and even got into an argument with Palmer a few weeks back. Meanwhile Marvin is still praising Chad in the media.

It's hard to say someone is a good coach when he has all sorts of talent and is literally one of the laughing stock teams of the league...IMO

Lewis' failures is what the doctor ordered for not wanting to coach the bills. Be careful what you ask for. Karma's a *****. Ask Willis.

I really shouldn't talk. We're suffering due to Ralphy's karma.

Dude
11-06-2007, 03:28 PM

It's hard to say someone is a good coach when he has all sorts of talent and is literally one of the laughing stock teams of the league...IMOI wish I could convince you. I've been living here for 11 years now. Mike Brown still does things the same as he did back in the 90s. The only difference is he's not talking about it anymore.