PDA

View Full Version : How Many of the Remaining 8 Games do the Bills Win?

Wys Guy
11-06-2007, 09:14 AM
How many of our last 8 games do we win?

Bufftp
11-06-2007, 09:19 AM
5-3

THATHURMANATOR
11-06-2007, 09:20 AM
5-3

BlackMetalNinja
11-06-2007, 09:40 AM
I said 7-9 before the season, I'm not going to change that now. 3 more W's... but I can certainly see and hope for 1-2 more than that being possible.

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 09:40 AM
worried about our bet wys? :D

Pinkerton Security
11-06-2007, 09:55 AM
I see us beating Miami twice, Cleveland, and at LEAST one of the 3 games left vs. the NFC East teams. 4 wins minimum, and I feel that is being pretty realistic.

Michael82
11-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I said 9-7 before the season. I'm sticking with it! :up:

bosshogg21
11-06-2007, 10:11 AM
we need to win 6! that being said, we have to win the 2 vs miami, the one vs cleveland, and jax for playoff implications. giants might be tough but we have them at home. philly is last game of season and prob wont have much to play for. we should be able to handle washington. i see no reason why it can't be done with the way we are playing.

Ed
11-06-2007, 10:26 AM
I said six, but my opinion could change depending on what happens at the qb position.

RockStar36
11-06-2007, 10:30 AM
5-3 seems fair, assuming that the Bills come to play in those games

JD
11-06-2007, 10:31 AM
In no particular order

Jags = win
Browns = a shootout, could go either way
Pats = sadly, a loss
Dolphins = win
Giants = loss
Dolphins = win
Redskins = win
Eagles = win

I'm thinking 6-2 but we'll mostlikey go 5-3/4-4 by losing a few games in the dying seconds.... :sadwalk:

LtBillsFan66
11-06-2007, 10:33 AM
8!

justasportsfan
11-06-2007, 10:34 AM
8 . Ha! Put that in your article and call me a homer wys.

patmoran2006
11-06-2007, 10:43 AM
I can see very realistically winning four games.

The Giants dont scare me at home. We've played everybody tough at home, we're what 4 seconds away from being 5-0 at home this year?

The Browns is certainly no gimme anymore that offense is pretty sick, but they're no lock to beat us.

Philly is going down the tubes. I see NE and Wash being definite losses. The Jags game will be VERY tough.

I'll say 4-4 for an 8-8 finish.

BAM
11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
All 8, handily.

The Answer
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Call The Answer a homer - but if we knock of the Pats we are running the table. The sad thing is that even if we finish 12-4 we would still be going on the road in the 1st round, possibly even as the #6 seed to Pitt again since they will likely finish #3 as the AFC N division winner.

Realistically though expect us to win 4 or 5 more games, 6 if we are extremely lucky....

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 11:40 AM
7-1.

SyraBillsLican
11-06-2007, 11:46 AM
fins, fins, giants, browns, jaguars, eagles, skins = 7-1

Jimbuktu
11-06-2007, 12:17 PM
I said 7-9 before the season, I'm not going to change that now. 3 more W's... but I can certainly see and hope for 1-2 more than that being possible.

Who cares what you said in the beginning of the season. Things have changed. Look at the calendar.

Just one more win besides the Dolphins games? Doubtful.

I went 5-3, but think they can go 6-2.

at Dolphins: W
vs. Pats: L
at Jaguars:
at Redskins:
vs. Dolphins: W
at Browns:
vs. Giants:
at Eagles: W

I marked down what I think should be certain wins. We NEED to go at least 2-2 in the other games, preferably with wins over the Jags and Browns, two beatable teams. But, I definitely think we can take the Redskins and Giants at home, so we'll see what happens

Wys Guy
11-06-2007, 07:00 PM

No, not really. I'll let ya know after the Miami game. I'm thinkin' that Miami takes one from us. As it's turning out the back half of our schedule is the tougher half with more games on the road. I'm thinkin' 2-3 more wins at this point, but I'll admit that my outright winning doesn't seem likely.

Wys Guy
11-06-2007, 07:08 PM
Who cares what you said in the beginning of the season. Things have changed. Look at the calendar.

Just one more win besides the Dolphins games? Doubtful.

I went 5-3, but think they can go 6-2.

at Jaguars:
at Redskins:
at Browns:
vs. Giants:
at Eagles: W

I marked down what I think should be certain wins. We NEED to go at least 2-2 in the other games, preferably with wins over the Jags and Browns, two beatable teams. But, I definitely think we can take the Redskins and Giants at home, so we'll see what happens

Wow!

I'm thinkin':

at Jaguars: L
at Redskins: L
at Browns: L
vs. Giants: L
at Eagles: L

I'll have a midseason review, general, up soon. I looked at the data today however, and other than Miami, the Ravens, Jets, and Bungals are the worst teams on our schedule. All three were right in the game down to the last couple of minutes.

We have not been good on the road in the last two seasons either. We went 4-4 first half with the easier teams on the schedule, five of our last eight are on the road. I'm thinkin' 1-3 more wins.

We're still simply not a good team and poor at the fundamentals. Beating teams weaker than we are in that regard is not a translator for success against the better teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose to the Fins on Sunday. They're bad, but not 0-16 bad, and of the teams on the schedule, we're probably one of the more likey ones they beat.

losman420
11-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Call The Answer a homer - but if we knock of the Pats we are running the table. The sad thing is that even if we finish 12-4 we would still be going on the road in the 1st round, possibly even as the #6 seed to Pitt again since they will likely finish #3 as the AFC N division winner.

Realistically though expect us to win 4 or 5 more games, 6 if we are extremely lucky....

~The AnswerI think we might have a shot at the pats, they are 9-0 and you would think they would have to lose sometime, and maybe this will be their let down game after beating the colts, and if we beat miami and go into that game 5-4 we just might want it more than the pats. As far as being a 6th seed, its been a long 8 years I would be elated just to be playing come january. oh i predict the Bills will go 5-3 in the second half.

paladin warrior
11-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I think 11-6.. Buffalo Bills are getting hotter now..

Bling
11-06-2007, 07:26 PM
I think 11-6.. Buffalo Bills are getting hotter now..

I know what you mean, dude. They're so hot, they're playing an extra game more than everyone else!

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Wow!

I'm thinkin':

at Jaguars: L
at Redskins: L
at Browns: L
vs. Giants: L
at Eagles: L

I'll have a midseason review, general, up soon. I looked at the data today however, and other than Miami, the Ravens, Jets, and Bungals are the worst teams on our schedule. All three were right in the game down to the last couple of minutes.

We have not been good on the road in the last two seasons either. We went 4-4 first half with the easier teams on the schedule, five of our last eight are on the road. I'm thinkin' 1-3 more wins.

We're still simply not a good team and poor at the fundamentals. Beating teams weaker than we are in that regard is not a translator for success against the better teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose to the Fins on Sunday. They're bad, but not 0-16 bad, and of the teams on the schedule, we're probably one of the more likey ones they beat.

Washington just squeaked by the Jets in OT by a FG and we beat them by 10, so there goes your theory.

paladin warrior
11-06-2007, 07:30 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post2153144 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2153144><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 100%" align=left>Do u think that Bills will beat Raven <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button --><!-- END TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button --><!-- End Post Thank You Hack --><!-- Start Post Groan Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_groan_button --><!-- END TEMPLATE: post_groan_button --><!-- End Post Groan Hack -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Ravon vs Bills win

NY Jets VS Bills win

Bengals vs Bills win

Fish vs Bills win

Patriots Vs BIlls dont know

Jaguars vs Bills lose

RedSkins vs bills win

Brown vs Bills win

Ny Gaints Vs Bills lose

Eagle vs Bills win

Bills wont gave up...Bills will keep fighting and vicorty...Hopefully
<!-- / message -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2></TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><TR><!-- start bottom info post --></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 35%" align=left>Join Date: Oct 2004

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>I peply to thread last month. I was right. I would like to change Jaguar's vs Bills win

Bling
11-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Bills win lose one game to Miami. Book that ****.

paladin warrior
11-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Bills win lose one game to Miami. Book that ****. Well Miami 0-7 now..getting cold turkey.. If Miami goes 0-16.. What Miami really really need number #1 draft for next year.. QB,WR,RB which one the most importmant

BillsOverDolphins
11-06-2007, 08:12 PM
8-8

MTBillsFan
11-06-2007, 08:21 PM
6-2!!
GO BILLS! I would love to see us "GIVE NE THE BUSINESS!!!"

Goobylal
11-06-2007, 08:57 PM
He should be because he's going to lose. What was the O/U?

The Bills will sweep the Dols, bet on it. And barring further injuries, I can see them winning six of their last 8, losing to the Pats for sure, and either the Giants or Browns.

BillsOverDolphins
11-06-2007, 09:03 PM
would you like to bet on that?

You got the late-shift from Burger King starting in your backfield...good luck with that

capitolneal
11-06-2007, 09:12 PM
6-2 easy hell maybe 7-1 I see this team making strides the talent level is all sooo close in the NFL that the little things make a difference I think we are learning how to win and the character we have on this team does mean something look at the vast majority of the players on our team mostly high character guys.... GO BILLS

Wys Guy
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM

IDK if I'd book that, but if they don't lose this weekend it's highly unlikely that they'll lose the December game.

Wys Guy
11-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Well Miami 0-7 now..getting cold turkey.. If Miami goes 0-16.. What Miami really really need number #1 draft for next year.. QB,WR,RB which one the most importmant

Miami won't go 0-16. They'll be 3-13 or 2-14. The question is whom do they beat.

Wys Guy
11-07-2007, 12:20 PM
would you like to bet on that?

You got the late-shift from Burger King starting in your backfield...good luck with that

Bling's a Miami fan?

The Answer
11-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I think we might have a shot at the pats, they are 9-0 and you would think they would have to lose sometime, and maybe this will be their let down game after beating the colts, and if we beat miami and go into that game 5-4 we just might want it more than the pats. As far as being a 6th seed, its been a long 8 years I would be elated just to be playing come january. oh i predict the Bills will go 5-3 in the second half.

Yes we do have a shot at the pats - but anybody that thinks they will be looking ahead or have a letdown against us is mistaken.

They are coming off a bye, and when you are chasing history at 9 - 0 there's no way you ever look ahead - especially a team coached by The Hoodie.

We need to play way above our heads to even have a chance of being in the Pats game beyond halftime.

~The Answer

Wys Guy
11-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Washington just squeaked by the Jets in OT by a FG and we beat them by 10, so there goes your theory.

Yeah, well we squeaked by the Jets in regulation. In fact, if Greer hadn't intercepted Pennington in the 4th Q then we probably would have lost that game.

Still not sure what your point is on the Skins game. You like Buffalo in that one?

I'll take the Skins straight up for a C?

Send me an e-mail if you're interested.

Wys Guy
11-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Yes we do have a shot at the pats - but anybody that thinks they will be looking ahead or have a letdown against us is mistaken.

They are coming off a bye, and when you are chasing history at 9 - 0 there's no way you ever look ahead - especially a team coached by The Hoodie.

We need to play way above our heads to even have a chance of being in the Pats game beyond halftime.

~The Answer

Do you guys really believe that tripe? That we have a shot at beating the Pats?

The Answer
11-07-2007, 12:37 PM
The 2nd half of the schedule is as tough as the first half was.

The only 'gimmes' are miami twice - so that gives us 6 wins.

Everything else is a crapshoot.

NE - likely a loss, but we are going to have 70K+ well lubricated fans similar to the Dallas game. Let's just hope this team comes to play.

@JAX - they are tough to beat at home and thier defense is a force with or without Straud.

@WAS - same story as JAX, much better team at home particularly on defense.

NYG - Winnable at home, but they are going to be neck and neck with Dallas in the NFC East race.

@CLE - probably a game everybody had circled as a W going into the season, but as we know the Browns are for real and this will be a very tough game to win in their building next month.

@PHI - they will likely be out of playoff contention as this is season finale, but they will be playing spoiler role if they haven't packed it in. Always tough to win in Philly as well, at least we won't be facing The Holcombator though.

So even if we break even in those 3, that's 9 - 7 on the season and that's likely not going to be enough to get the final wildcard spot in the AFC, especially if we lose tie breakers to Jax and/or Cleveland.

We should have NEVER lost to a team like Denver, and it's that (and the Dallas) game that will come back to haunt us big time!

~The Answer

Wys Guy
11-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Some of you guys are just being silly on these polls.

Why bother to vote. I'm legitimately trying to get some viable data.

TedMock
11-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I picked 4-4. The problem is that there are a few real 50/50 games. Jax, Was, Clev, and Philly are all a coin toss in my opinion. We should beat the Fins twice, but I would not be shocked to see us lose this trap game Sunday either. I'm expecting a loss to the Pats (though I'll still be angry and bitter if we do) and to the Giants. I'm supposed to go to the latter, so hopefully they do win.

Wys Guy
11-07-2007, 02:13 PM
I picked 4-4. The problem is that there are a few real 50/50 games. Jax, Was, Clev, and Philly are all a coin toss in my opinion. We should beat the Fins twice, but I would not be shocked to see us lose this trap game Sunday either. I'm expecting a loss to the Pats (though I'll still be angry and bitter if we do) and to the Giants. I'm supposed to go to the latter, so hopefully they do win.

Well, we'll see. Obviously for my positions to be accurate those four teams would have to be better than we are on average and I believe that they are. Easily the 1st, 2nd, and 4th.

Time will tell. No sense in arguing the future I suppose, particularly not here.

justasportsfan
11-07-2007, 02:14 PM
:up:

TedMock
11-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Well, we'll see. Obviously for my positions to be accurate those four teams would have to be better than we are on average and I believe that they are. Easily the 1st, 2nd, and 4th.

Time will tell. No sense in arguing the future I suppose, particularly not here.

Well, I picked 7-9 to 9-7 before the season, so I have to stay within my range. To be honest, Cleveland scared me more than Washington. Neither team has had a real strong schedule, but the Browns put up some points. Clinton Portis scares me for Washington, but nobody else really does. Their defense is Jeckyll and Hyde, so who knows what you'll get from them. As for Jax and Philly, I'm really up in the air with them. I'll have to take a closer look at their situational stats as I've only watched 1 Philly game and zero Jax games. Life is busy right now.

Ingtar33
11-07-2007, 02:50 PM
3-5

sadly 7-9 is where i had them at the start of the year. but I'll admit that if we get to 7-9 this year it will be because of serious overachievement.

This was a slow, professionally coached, undertalented team to start the year.

The injury plague that swept our roster only made it worse.

Yet, somehow we're at 4-4, and looking at an outside chance at the playoffs. In a way we still control our fate, as we play all the teams ahead of us in the wildcard race. You have to admit, this represents a massive overachievement.

If we can close out the year 3-5 or 4-4 i think you'll have to call the year a boarderline success when you consider how easily we could have tanked and thrown in a towel to have a year like miami or the nyj; both teams have comparable talent to this bills squad, only with less devastating injuries