PDA

View Full Version : Ditka is a closet Bills fan

The Answer
11-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Anybody watch NFL Primetime lastnight? Ditka continues to praise the bills - when asked about what team will beat the Pats, as expected the rest of the biased pat licking hosts on the show said they are a team of destiny and nobody will beat them and the only team that has a chance to stay close is Pittsburgh next month.

But Ditka responded and said something like "I know it may sound silly, but I think Buffalo will be the team that beats them next week" He praised The Corpse and the job he's done as well.

Let's hope it happens!!

~The Answer

mybills
11-06-2007, 11:05 AM
:rofl:
He can't stand them!

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 11:05 AM
He's just trying to make up for past transgressions.

I was at the AFC Championship game against the Chiefs (the last of the SB years), and Ditka was there doing an interview. He had said some nasty things about the Bills, and when he stuck his head out of the interview tent to greet the fans, they responded with a barrage of snowballs.

hurls
11-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Anybody watch NFL Primetime lastnight? Ditka continues to praise the bills - when asked about what team will beat the Pats, as expected the rest of the biased pat licking hosts on the show said they are a team of destiny and nobody will beat them and the only team that has a chance to stay close is Pittsburgh next month.

But Ditka responded and said something like "I know it may sound silly, but I think Buffalo will be the team that beats them next week" He praised The Corpse and the job he's done as well.

Let's hope it happens!!

~The Answer

LOL, The Corpse.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 11:11 AM
As soon as we get good press, people find a way to crap on it. I hope someone instills a fear in the pats, a fear of loss.

They have basically grinded every team besides Indy to a pulp. If we take them down, the press will put us on a pedestal and throw flowers at us. We will have 30 minutes of Lynch stories before the big games. Take any praise you can get, it sways the public voting for the pro bowl and gives our guys playing confidence.

hurls
11-06-2007, 11:12 AM

I was at the AFC Championship game against the Chiefs (the last of the SB years), and Ditka was there doing an interview. He had said some nasty things about the Bills, and when he stuck his head out of the interview tent to greet the fans, they responded with a barrage of snowballs.

I remember that game, it was awesome, the snow was flying!

The Answer
11-06-2007, 11:24 AM
As soon as we get good press, people find a way to crap on it. I hope someone instills a fear in the pats, a fear of loss.

They have basically grinded every team besides Indy to a pulp. If we take them down, the press will put us on a pedestal and throw flowers at us. We will have 30 minutes of Lynch stories before the big games. Take any praise you can get, it sways the public voting for the pro bowl and gives our guys playing confidence.

Scoob - All The Answer knows is that It's going to take a lot of points to beat the Pats, probably somewhere in the 30 - 40 range - and we are going to have to make Brady look Romoesque, something we rarely do - although we know it's possible (i.e. last years opening day game at NE).

Also we need to hope that God (Tedy Bruschi) has a bad game as well - because the broadcasters will be slobbering over him all game long anyway.

The big question though - is it going to be Losman or The Young Gun starting???

~The Answer

patmoran2006
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Jim Rome just gave the Bills a little bit of props on his show right now as well.

Ed
11-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Scoob - All The Answer knows is that It's going to take a lot of points to beat the Pats, probably somewhere in the 30 - 40 range - and we are going to have to make Brady look Romoesque, something we rarely do - although we know it's possible (i.e. last years opening day game at NE).

Also we need to hope that God (Tedy Bruschi) has a bad game as well - because the broadcasters will be slobbering over him all game long anyway.

The big question though - is it going to be Losman or The Young Gun starting???

~The Answer
Well if we're going to need 30-40 points to beat them hopefully it will be Losman.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Well if we're going to need 30-40 points to beat them hopefully it will be Losman.

I can care less about the score as long as we are 1 point ahead of them when the final clock clicks down to 0.

BAM
11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
The more the merrier.

:bandwagon:

don137
11-06-2007, 11:54 AM
When I was at the gym this morning they had Sportscenter this morning on and I looked up it had Merrill Hoge's surprise team as the Buffalo Bills...I did not have my headphones tuned into it since I hate ESPN but it also had on the screen that Buffalo is in good position with two good QBs or something like that...The props are starting to come in...

FlyingDutchman
11-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Ditka.....Sausage.....

Ed
11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I can care less about the score as long as we are 1 point ahead of them when the final clock clicks down to 0.
Me too.

jamze132
11-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Hopefully Fewell will decide to have someone shadown Vrable when they are inside the 5 yrd line.

10 career receptions...
10 career TDs...
WTF?

PECKERWOOD
11-06-2007, 01:18 PM

That incident is probably what triggered a soft spot in Ditka's heart. :D

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 05:07 PM
That incident is probably what triggered a soft spot in Ditka's heart. :D

No, that was his gas from the polish sausage.

Hamilton Billsfan
11-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Ditka, Rome and others lately have been impressed with the hard work ethic of the players and thats why there have been a lot of positives going around.

It's natural to diss players when we're losing but like them, I've always appreciated the continuing commitment that eventually rises the level of play to the top.
Ex-coaches like Ditka and The Chin, (Cowher) see it and acknowledge it.:2cents:

Johnny Bugmenot
11-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Jets (twice): 1-8
Ravens: 4-4
Bengals: 2-6

Let's face it, three of the last 4 wins came against cupcakes. I just don't see what these pundits see in Buffalo unless they're setting us up for the fall in New England. For the 13th time in 14 games against the Crooked Ones.

Turf
11-07-2007, 07:46 AM
We need to do two things to beat the Pats, one is pressure Brady constantly.
The other, regardless of who we play is to design a red zone offense. We currently don't have one.

raphael120
11-07-2007, 10:03 AM
How bout we handily beat Miami, and then we can start thinkin about beating the Pats.

In case no one noticed, Dallas can't hold a candle to New England. You all saw that game right? There was no contest. We couldn't even beat Dallas even with everything going our way.

I'm not worried about NE, I'm worried about teams with winning records like Jacksonville, Washington, etc...