X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Notes from Gary's and Ismail's visit!

Gary Knows You Need Two Backs: Olandis Gary said his visit is going great so far. He didn't expect to visit Buffalo with presence of Travis Henry. He feels this is a good opportunity for him since you need two good backs in the NFL. He spoke to Henry during his visit today. Gary is looking to be part of a long term solution, not a short fix. He feels he can do many things including catching the ball out of the backfield on third downs. He is coming off an injury riddled career but says he feels great now and his lack of playing time last year was because of the cluttered backfield in Denver. He says he will accept a split time role with the Bills, saying he would be happy with 30% of the playing time. He feels he would be better off as a backup on a Super Bowl contender like the Bills then a starter on a bad team. He has visits planned with Jacksonville and the Giants and has other visits yet to be scheduled.

Ismail Impressed With Bills: Quadry Ismail addressed the media after his visit and he said he is very impressed with the direction the organization is taking. He feels as a veteran receiver he understands the workings of the game and that could he could be an added dimension to the potent offense. He feels it would be great to work with a quarterback the caliber of Drew Bledsoe. He thinks it would be a good place for him if it works out for both sides. He feels he could compete with Josh Reed for the number two spot if he signs with the Bills.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

thanks! link?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Works for me! Thanks tatonka!

Comment

• The Natrix
        • Jul 2002

man, those would be great additions

Byrd.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

I would love to get both of them. We would be set!!!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
            Expert on Experts
            • Jul 2002

adding gary to the backfield would be a huge plus. I'm concerned with our lack of depth at RB right now.

Comment

• Schobel94
              The Sack Master
              • Jan 2003

Screw them both, we dont need them! 30 % of the time? You gotta be kidding me! more like 15 at most, there is no reason to have Henry in less than 80-85% of the plays, he a pro-bowler. If he signs I only want to see him in when Henry is tired. We dont need Ismail either, I am fundamentally opposed with getting a reciever who could compete w/ Reed. Reed is a great talent but he CANNOT develop it if he doesnt get the playing time he deserves! He's also like 32, not eactly a long term solution. I would be fine with Gary, but I think we should bass on Ismail.
              Beware the sack master!

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

Shaw said he would compete with reed too, every WR we bring in will say the same thing. And Henry is a hard nosed back. He takes alot punishment every game. You cant expect him to do that all year long and still be 100% for a playoff run.

Comment

• Schobel94
                  The Sack Master
                  • Jan 2003

There was never any doubt that Shaw would be #3, but adding one more reciever just throws things over one. The bottom line is that we dont need him. Why do you think Harrison was passed to so many times, its becuase nobody else on that team could catch a football. I think you're right though about Henry, he got 90% of the running plays last year and you cant possibly last that long after taking the kind of punishment he does, he needs some1 who can take the pressure off of him.
                  Last edited by Schobel94; 03-28-2003, 02:45 PM.
                  Beware the sack master!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Schobel94
                    Screw them both, we dont need them! 30 % of the time? You gotta be kidding me! more like 15 at most, there is no reason to have Henry in less than 80-85% of the plays, he a pro-bowler. If he signs I only want to see him in when Henry is tired. We dont need Ismail either, I am fundamentally opposed with getting a reciever who could compete w/ Reed. Reed is a great talent but he CANNOT develop it if he doesnt get the playing time he deserves! He's also like 32, not eactly a long term solution. I would be fine with Gary, but I think we should bass on Ismail.
                    I don't know about you Schoebel but I don't want to wait arround and see if Reed is ready to develop. We need to win now. Why wait til' next year when Reed is ready? If we can get the help to win now , let's do it.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• venis2k1
                      Youboty can hope
                      • Jul 2002

I also think having reed in the slot is a pretty good thing. He is the perfect slot WR. He runs great routes, he runs hard, and he has good hands. Competition never hurt anybody.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I say sign them both, but I'm not comfortable with Gary getting 30% playing time. As soon as you put down a number like that, then it's expected, and expectations breed disapointment and contempt. We can't have any RB controversies here. He needs to be just a relief runner, or someone who comes in just to mix things up a bit.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                          • Aug 2002

I still say we should take a look at Jamal Anderson . . .
                          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Travis Henry is the man he is a probowler if Gary signs he gets what he gets in playing time. You don't come to a team who has a probowler and starts talking about playing time. Go Bills!

Comment

• Schobel94
                              The Sack Master
                              • Jan 2003

Who ever said Reed wouldnt be ready for this year. Hell hed have been ready last year! I still have not heard any convincing argument as to why Reed would not be a good, if not great 2nd reciever, in fact, I have not heard any arguments, its just people too scared to try something new.
                              Beware the sack master!

Comment

Working...
                              X