PDA

View Full Version : A really good Divisional / tie-breaker factor is setting up

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 04:23 PM
We actually have a chance of having 2 teams in our division that suck for a while for the first time in a long time. During our SB years, we beat up on NE and Miami and usually split with the jets. It gave the Bills 5 out of 6 divisional wins which past the first tie-breaker past head to head. Being 5-1 in your division mean that if you tie another team and you didn't play them, having a 5-1 divisional record was usually enough to get you ahead.

Having pointed out all that, Miami and the Jets look like multi-year projects right now and we are on the rise. If they can suck for a few years, that gives us a better than average chance to start off with 4 easier games we can win. You also can toss in the fact that play a weaker NFC division next season and should be able to pull a good 3 or 4 wins out there as well. We are truely starring at a decent potential for 7 / 8 wins to start a season and obviously a chance to beat some other teams along the way to get over the playoff hump.

It's great to have some punching bags in our division for a change, we haven't had that for so, so many years. GO BILLS!!!!!!!

BillyT92679
11-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Ultimately it's conference record more than anything else nowadays.

Back in the SB years we played NE, Miami, NYJ, and Indy. Invariably we went 7-1 against those teams, or something to that effect. Since we owned the division that gave us seven AFC wins (not just five). BUT, we also tended to win games overall, beating head to head against conference foes too.

Today the intraconference record is most important. With the Pats owning the division, and the fact that there are only TWO wild cards (as opposed to the three there were back during the SB years) we have to have a record against AFC foes that is virtually impeccable. Really the only games you can lose nowadays are NFC games.

The days of losing your division but getting a home wild card are over. If you don't win your division you have a hell of a hill to climb.

LtFinFan66
11-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Getting a tad ahead of yourself Scoob

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Getting a tad ahead of yourself Scoob

Your fins are worse then last year & we are better than last year all around, we killed you guys last year. It's seems that using a simple formula:

((tanx)^2)/(1 + secx) = secx - 1 ((sinx/cosx)^2)/(1 + (1/cosx)) = Your fins are going to get killed.

I also expect about 18,562 fin fans to physically be there and 4,740 Buffalo fans to be physically be there. Since there is a good amount of room in the stadium, it will be impossible for that many people to create a drastic amount of noise and the they will have very little to cheer about all game long taking away that "home" factor.

The fins have no real coaching to speak of and have played like they all have their own page to read, henceforth the big collapse. I call 0-8 a unsalvageable situation and will safely assume pride is fleeting at best. You could have a year to prepare for our team and our defense will still send 1 of your Wide receivers to the locker room for the game and another player of yours to the hospital. We hit harder, play stronger and run with more determination. JP is also playing for his job, literally.

Plan on a long painful day for anyone that cares about the fins.

LtFinFan66
11-06-2007, 09:18 PM
I wasn't talking about you beating us. I was talking about you proclaiming your team one of the 2 AFCE powers for the next several years.

LtFinFan66
11-06-2007, 09:19 PM
It won't be a long painful day for this guy who cares about the Fins because I am done watching them till they quit ****ing us over and start Beck

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Ultimately it's conference record more than anything else nowadays.

Back in the SB years we played NE, Miami, NYJ, and Indy. Invariably we went 7-1 against those teams, or something to that effect. Since we owned the division that gave us seven AFC wins (not just five). BUT, we also tended to win games overall, beating head to head against conference foes too.

Today the intraconference record is most important. With the Pats owning the division, and the fact that there are only TWO wild cards (as opposed to the three there were back during the SB years) we have to have a record against AFC foes that is virtually impeccable. Really the only games you can lose nowadays are NFC games.

The days of losing your division but getting a home wild card are over. If you don't win your division you have a hell of a hill to climb.

Where did you come up with this crap??

How did KC make the playoffs last year at 9-7??

AFC EAST W L T PCT PF PA STREAK DIV CONF
z- New England 12 4 0 .750 385 237 Won 3 4-2 8-4
x- NY Jets 10 6 0 .625 316 295 Won 3 4-2 7-5
Buffalo 7 9 0 .438 300 311 Lost 2 3-3 5-7
Miami 6 10 0 .375 260 283 Lost 3 1-5 3-9

AFC NORTH W L T PCT PF PA STREAK DIV CONF
z- Baltimore 13 3 0 .813 353 201 Won 4 5-1 10-2
Cincinnati 8 8 0 .500 373 331 Lost 3 4-2 6-6
Pittsburgh 8 8 0 .500 353 315 Won 1 3-3 5-7
Cleveland 4 12 0 .250 238 356 Lost 4 0-6 3-9

AFC SOUTH W L T PCT PF PA STREAK DIV CONF
z- Indianapolis 12 4 0 .750 427 360 Won 1 3-3 9-3
Tennessee 8 8 0 .500 324 400 Lost 1 4-2 5-7
Jacksonville 8 8 0 .500 371 274 Lost 3 2-4 5-7
Houston 6 10 0 .375 267 366 Won 2 3-3 6-6

AFC WEST W L T PCT PF PA STREAK DIV CONF
*- San Diego 14 2 0 .875 492 303 Won 10 5-1 10-2
Denver 9 7 0 .563 319 305 Lost 1 3-3 8-4
x- Kansas City 9 7 0 .563 331 315 Won 2 4-2 5-7
Oakland 2 14 0 .125 168 332 Lost 9 0-6 1-11

Denver had a much better conference record right and tied them, so they should make the playoffs, right??? 1st tie-breaker was their divisional record, KC made the playoffs and Denver got the worst draft pick of any team not to make the playoffs.

Your right about the extra games but the divisional record is so important if you do not play a team and is included in the conference record.

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
It won't be a long painful day for this guy who cares about the Fins because I am done watching them till they quit ****ing us over and start Beck

Since your a fairweather fan you can hop aboard our bus for a while, god knows you spend enough time on here anyways.

BTW: We have been getting stabbed for decades now and never won the SB, you have no idea what it feels like to really get F-ed unless you lived or come from Buffalo.

LtFinFan66
11-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Don't ****ing call me a fairweather fan. I have been a fan for 36 years and will be buried in my Marino Jersey. I am pissed that they are starting Lemon instead of Beck when they have nothing to lose so I refuse to watch. I will blow off a lot of stuff Skoob but not that. And how exactly can someone who is a fan of a team that wasn't won a Superbowl in over 30 years be called fairweather. You really showed you IQ there bro. It's been stormy for years and my umbrella's are taking a beating

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Don't ****ing call me a fairweather fan. I have been a fan for 36 years and will be buried in my Marino Jersey. I am pissed that they are starting Lemon instead of Beck when they have nothing to lose so I refuse to watch. I will blow off a lot of stuff Skoob but not that. And how exactly can someone who is a fan of a team that wasn't won a Superbowl in over 30 years be called fairweather. You really showed you IQ there bro. It's been stormy for years and my umbrella's are taking a beating

I watched almost every Bills game for ~30 years and we never won anything. Your team won a SB and had a perfect season that still stands alone. Your refusal to support your team with at least TV viewership is a typical Miami fans response to a difficult situation, they give up. You are giving up on your team because they suck, that's being fairweather to me. If they we're winning, you'd be watching but since their losing your not.

Being a fairweather fan means that when your team is struggling, you stop supporting them, stop attending their games, and stop watching them on TV. Keeping a Marino momento and not watching them when you know Shula is, should bring you shame.

SyraBillsLican
11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
division record counts as a tie breaker only between division foes....

if the jets and fins are as terrible as they continue to be, then division record wont matter except against the pats. conference record is the most important factor, as well as head to head. if we lose head to head, were f***ed right away

LtFinFan66
11-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Whatever Skooby. I will still check the score, and i am still flying to Buffalo spending $300+ on a plane ticket and $200+ for hotels to watch a 0-8 team play. Real sign of a fair weather fan. I am not giving up on the Fins and am still the same huge fan. I am simply protesting that they are not starting Beck to see what he offers. Something that makes sense. I would hunger strike but I enjoy eating.

You say you have watched the Bills for 30 years. I would have pegged your age at about 12.

It's funny how when a Fin Fan mentions their perfect season and SB wins, you guys tell them to quit living in the past yet here you are saying that because I am fed up with only the fact beck is not starting, that I am forgetting the sacred past of my beloved Fins. Typical flip-flopping to make a situation suit you at that moment

STAMPY
11-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Sucks to be you LT. MIAMI BLOWS!!! I feel a storm... Oh wait that is your tears from all the whining!

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Whatever Skooby. I will still check the score, and i am still flying to Buffalo spending $300+ on a plane ticket and $200+ for hotels to watch a 0-8 team play. Real sign of a fair weather fan. I am not giving up on the Fins and am still the same huge fan. I am simply protesting that they are not starting Beck to see what he offers. Something that makes sense. I would hunger strike but I enjoy eating.

You say you have watched the Bills for 30 years. I would have pegged your age at about 12.

It's funny how when a Fin Fan mentions their perfect season and SB wins, you guys tell them to quit living in the past yet here you are saying that because I am fed up with only the fact beck is not starting, that I am forgetting the sacred past of my beloved Fins. Typical flip-flopping to make a situation suit you at that moment

This is a very broad statment:

I am pissed that they are starting Lemon instead of Beck when they have nothing to lose so I refuse to watch.

Who's flip flopping on watching their team?? I refuse to watch but I am going to a game?? I know your Pissed about your team sucking but we told you after the Ginn pick that not taking a effective QB in the draft was a huge F-up. Even the fin fans at the practice field screamed and nearly **** a brick after the announcement. WTF we're they thinking??

BillsOverDolphins
11-06-2007, 10:08 PM

I hear ya man...The Bills will always be my favorite team (well, at least while they're in Buffalo) but losing year after year takes a toll on you--especially when you've been raised as a hardcore football fan. I still get excited every Sunday, but I feel more detached from it all now as a result of the sucktitude...you kinda have to be if you wanna maintain your sanity

LtFinFan66
11-06-2007, 11:05 PM
This is a very broad statment:

I am pissed that they are starting Lemon instead of Beck when they have nothing to lose so I refuse to watch.

Who's flip flopping on watching their team?? I refuse to watch but I am going to a game?? I know your Pissed about your team sucking but we told you after the Ginn pick that not taking a effective QB in the draft was a huge F-up. Even the fin fans at the practice field screamed and nearly **** a brick after the announcement. WTF we're they thinking??I like the Ginn pick. I have said that all along. So what makes you think Quinn would be starting had we taken him. What has he done thus far. That's what I thought. Oh, and if you really think I paid for Sunday NFL ticket and won't watch the Fins, you are more gullible than I thought

BillyT92679
11-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Where did you come up with this crap??

How did KC make the playoffs last year at 9-7??

AFC EAST W L T PCT PF PA STREAK DIV CONF
z- New England 12 4 0 .750 385 237 Won 3 4-2 8-4
x- NY Jets 10 6 0 .625 316 295 Won 3 4-2 7-5
Buffalo 7 9 0 .438 300 311 Lost 2 3-3 5-7
Miami 6 10 0 .375 260 283 Lost 3 1-5 3-9

AFC NORTH W L T PCT PF PA STREAK DIV CONF
z- Baltimore 13 3 0 .813 353 201 Won 4 5-1 10-2
Cincinnati 8 8 0 .500 373 331 Lost 3 4-2 6-6
Pittsburgh 8 8 0 .500 353 315 Won 1 3-3 5-7
Cleveland 4 12 0 .250 238 356 Lost 4 0-6 3-9

AFC SOUTH W L T PCT PF PA STREAK DIV CONF
z- Indianapolis 12 4 0 .750 427 360 Won 1 3-3 9-3
Tennessee 8 8 0 .500 324 400 Lost 1 4-2 5-7
Jacksonville 8 8 0 .500 371 274 Lost 3 2-4 5-7
Houston 6 10 0 .375 267 366 Won 2 3-3 6-6

AFC WEST W L T PCT PF PA STREAK DIV CONF
*- San Diego 14 2 0 .875 492 303 Won 10 5-1 10-2
Denver 9 7 0 .563 319 305 Lost 1 3-3 8-4
x- Kansas City 9 7 0 .563 331 315 Won 2 4-2 5-7
Oakland 2 14 0 .125 168 332 Lost 9 0-6 1-11

Denver had a much better conference record right and tied them, so they should make the playoffs, right??? 1st tie-breaker was their divisional record, KC made the playoffs and Denver got the worst draft pick of any team not to make the playoffs.

Your right about the extra games but the divisional record is so important if you do not play a team and is included in the conference record.
What are you talking about? KC got past Denver BECAUSE Denver and KC are in the same division! We're not competing for the playoff spot between Miami and the Jets. We're competing between us and the Titans or the Texans or Browns or Jaguars. Hell, we don't play at all against the Titans or Texans this year. Our internal division record only means something in this sense that divisional teams are also conference teams. But having a better divisional record is not a higher tiebreaker compared to having the best overall record in the conference.

Mitchy moo
11-07-2007, 05:51 AM
What are you talking about? KC got past Denver BECAUSE Denver and KC are in the same division! We're not competing for the playoff spot between Miami and the Jets. We're competing between us and the Titans or the Texans or Browns or Jaguars. Hell, we don't play at all against the Titans or Texans this year. Our internal division record only means something in this sense that divisional teams are also conference teams. But having a better divisional record is not a higher tiebreaker compared to having the best overall record in the conference.

Your divisional wins are conference wins as well, they serve a dual purpose. Also as far fetched as it seems now we will eventually roll NE as well for our division.