PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone worried about Miami?

patmoran2006
11-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I am. Seems a lot of us are already talking about and looking forward to NE in two weeks. I sure hope the Bils aren't.

Yes, Miami blows and they been murdered with injuries too. But still

* They're coming off a bye week, in which they've had two weeks to prepare for us.

* They're at home.

* They know realistically this is one of the few chances they have remaining to get their first win. NOBODY wants to go -16.

Talent-wise they don't belong on the same field with us. Cleo Lemon? Chatman? Ginn? Whoever their secondary is this week?

Still, it worries the **** out of me as a "trap" game. Just like Baltimore when they played us (were looking to that bye before they even stepped on the field) and just like Dallas grossly took us for granted.

We MUST win this game if we're going to realistically compete for a playoff spot. WE're going to lose to NE in all probability, we MUST be 5-5 going into the last half-dozen games.

To me, honestly I think Losman's career is on the line. It couldnt be more obvious who the organization favors long term and is Losman stinks up the field Sunday I truly think he's done in Buffalo (bar another Edwards injury). Whether his stats are spectacular or ugly, he MUST lead this team to a win against a very, very bad team.. End of story.

Pride
11-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Yes

gil
11-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I worried about it too, but if there's one thing Jauron has done lately, it's get these guys ready to play every sunday - I guess we'll see.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Agree 100%

MTBillsFan
11-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Yes I am! Classic trap game!

Ed
11-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm always worried as a Bills fan. How can you not be? It's probably the "easy" games that always worry me the most.

But that being said, I don't expect the Bills players or coaches to ever take anyone for granted. The fans might, but the players won't. Particularlly given the fact that Losman is playing for his career as you say. This is a huge game for him. His teammates know it too.

RedEyE
11-06-2007, 05:06 PM
This is never an easy game. I don't care if they have Ryan Leaf behind the line.

Philagape
11-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I've thought about it. A division game on the road is never a gimme (unless you're the Pats). But I'm still fairly confident.

Illmatic15
11-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Haha no.

The Answer
11-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Hard to be worried about such a pathetic team.

We are 3-1 (would be 4-0 if not for a monumental collapse in 2005) against them the last few years including the sweep last year against a much better team that had a top 10 defense.

The 2007 dolphins are one of the worst ever - sure they are motivated to avoid going 0 - 16 but they aren't getting thier first win against us that's for sure! They'll get their only win of the season against the jets next month.....

~The Answer

mikemac2001
11-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Im worried every week

RockStar36
11-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Absolutely.

I was telling someone last night that everytime the Bills play such an obvious win game like this one I always worry. You never want your team to be "that team" that loses to the winless guys. Especially considering the fact that it's Miami.

gr8slayer
11-06-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm worried anytime we play any of the other 31 teams. They are all NFL teams and they are all capable of beating anyone at any given time.

Oaf
11-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Is Cleo Lemon playing better for us, or would we want to take our chances with the rook?
Losman definitely won't take it for granted; if he screws it up, he may be done here.

raphael120
11-06-2007, 05:30 PM
I recall the winless Lions beating us last year...so yeah, i worry.

tampabay25690
11-06-2007, 05:32 PM
ABSOULUTELY!!!!!!!!

This is a trap game if I have ever seen 1........

MIAMI after the bye week at home. The Bills better be ready!!!!

Saratoga Slim
11-06-2007, 05:33 PM
I think the stakes are high for us, becuase we REALLY need to be 5-4 going into the NE game. But it's also a great opportunity for us to continue to build confidence against a weak defense. win this one convincingly, and we'll really be on a roll going into the NE game.

If we whomp Miami, I don't think losing to NE twill set us back too far--everyone expects us to lose that one.

John Doe
11-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Facing a division foe on the road after their bye week is not going to be easy.

The Fins still have Taylor and Thomas - 2 guys that have to be accounted for on every play and who virtually guarantee that their defense will play hard. Their running back (Chatman) is a bull and their offensive line is another bright spot. Ginn is a dangerous return man too.

Then there is the weather factor - it could rain all game and give the Fins an advantage.

I think that the Bills will win. I don't think that it will be a cake walk and I don't think that it is guaranteed.

shelby
11-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Good post, Pat.
i don't think we are overlooking any opponent this season.
Not even the 0-8 fish.

:squish:
:fishfry:

Meathead
11-06-2007, 05:53 PM
the bills should rest their starters for this game

in fact why bother playing it at all. just give the bills the w and let the cubans down onto the field to play soccer

Night Train
11-06-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm not worried about our player talent at all.

I'm worried about our HC and OC getting in the way of victory.

hydro
11-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Why is it that it seems we catch a lot of our division foes after there bye week. We have two division games coming up with teams coming off their bye. :down:

casdhf
11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Jauron will have our guys ready to play. We can't afford to look past anyone.

Mr. Cynical
11-06-2007, 08:20 PM
I am. Seems a lot of us are already talking about and looking forward to NE in two weeks. I sure hope the Bils aren't.

Yes, Miami blows and they been murdered with injuries too. But still

* They're coming off a bye week, in which they've had two weeks to prepare for us.

* They're at home.

* They know realistically this is one of the few chances they have remaining to get their first win. NOBODY wants to go -16.

Talent-wise they don't belong on the same field with us. Cleo Lemon? Chatman? Ginn? Whoever their secondary is this week?

Still, it worries the **** out of me as a "trap" game. Just like Baltimore when they played us (were looking to that bye before they even stepped on the field) and just like Dallas grossly took us for granted.

We MUST win this game if we're going to realistically compete for a playoff spot. WE're going to lose to NE in all probability, we MUST be 5-5 going into the last half-dozen games.

To me, honestly I think Losman's career is on the line. It couldnt be more obvious who the organization favors long term and is Losman stinks up the field Sunday I truly think he's done in Buffalo (bar another Edwards injury). Whether his stats are spectacular or ugly, he MUST lead this team to a win against a very, very bad team.. End of story.

Yes.

Cntrygal
11-06-2007, 09:36 PM
:nervous:

Mitchy moo
11-06-2007, 09:53 PM
F-no and I wasn't worried about Cinci either. NE, well that's going to be a close shave.

Devin
11-06-2007, 10:17 PM
I love the Bills, but we could be playing a high school team and a small part of me would worry. I am relativley sure the terms "Anything can happen" and "It aint over til the final whistle blows" were invented after watching Bills games.

TigerJ
11-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Any team in the league, including Buffalo is capable of playing less than their best game. If Buffalo plays less than their best game, then Miami becomes dangerous. So, yes I'm concerned as I am with any opponent.

FinFaninBuffalo
11-07-2007, 06:12 AM

While I agree that the Bills are better than the Fins right now, this statement is over the top. A Pats or Colts fan can legitimately make this statement. A Bills fan? No.

IMO, Losman gives the Bills the better chance in this game because of his ability to throw deep. I would rather see Edwards start against the Fins.

At home, Miami has a decent shot to win the game. As I would expect, the Blls are 3 point favorites. Hardly the spread you'd expect when one team doesn't belong on the same field.

NorthCarBills
11-07-2007, 06:27 AM
I love the Bills, but we could be playing a high school team and a small part of me would worry. I am relativley sure the terms "Anything can happen" and "It aint over til the final whistle blows" were invented after watching Bills games.

LOL, totally agree with this post and many others. Big trap game to say the least, and yes, I'm concerned that we could "fall into it." Bills vs. Dolphins will always be Bills vs. Dolphins. You can throw out existing records, momentum, and spread.

The consolation is that Dick is preparing this team very well week to week, and I'm sure he'll have them ready to play. As stated over the air this week , Dick is a great coach Monday-Saturday. On Sundays, however, his decisions can make you hold your breath. Go Bills!

mybills
11-07-2007, 06:28 AM
I don't think it matters who our QB is in this game.

Miami isn't exactly getting shut out every time. They are scoring points.

Kerr
11-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Jp and the offense will need to make sure they get ahead early and start throwing deep to Evans like they did last year in Miami.

BAM
11-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Not really. Honestly I think we'll beat them up pretty good.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-07-2007, 07:34 AM
No.

They're 0-8. This is about as much of a given game as the Bills are going to get. If they lose, that means someone will have to lose their job, simple as that.

HAMMER
11-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Not the least bit worried, our coaches will have them ready......and Miami really sucks.

Jan Reimers
11-07-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm a Bills' fan. Therefore, I am always worried.

This seems like the perfect game for us to lose.

THATHURMANATOR
11-07-2007, 10:41 AM
I am not worried. The Dolphins are chumps.

LtBillsFan66
11-07-2007, 10:42 AM
The Bills should just start gameplanning for the NE game. Miami is a gimme.

mchurchfie
11-07-2007, 10:50 AM
This is a perfect trap for Buffalo. They're not exactly loaded with talent either. They have gotten this far by hard work and at times overachieving. This is the NFL, on any given Sunday you can get your ass handed to you if you look beyond. That being said, I think we will win a close one against them.

don137
11-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I think teams realize you can not take any game for granted. Just because the Bills have won 4 out of 5 does not guarantee a win the next week. Yes, the Dolphins suck in almost every aspect of the game but Buffalo also has a ton of players on IR. I think the Bills realize this too. They will be ready and not take them for granted.

mysticsoto
11-07-2007, 12:54 PM
I think Cleo should be worried that we will do the same thing to him that we did to Daunte and Joey last year!!!

blackonyx89
11-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Yes I am! Classic trap game!

I concur!!!
:fishy:

TedMock
11-07-2007, 01:42 PM
ABSOULUTELY!!!!!!!!

This is a trap game if I have ever seen 1........

MIAMI after the bye week at home. The Bills better be ready!!!!

This is the EXACT same thing I just said to a friend at work. Funny how most of us are so damaged and on edge every week. After the last few years we aren't sure how to be confident in the team.

zone
11-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Does anyone honestly think that JP is going to look past this game? Not a chance, his career is ridding on it, as well as the fact that he wants to be the one in the driver seat against NE. We are going to pound the fish into the ground.

TedMock
11-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Does anyone honestly think that JP is going to look past this game? Not a chance, his career is ridding on it, as well as the fact that he wants to be the one in the driver seat against NE. We are going to pound the fish into the ground.

I don't think JP is going to look past it, but I think it's possible for others to. This is a young team who is not used to winning. My concern is that they start feeling a bit too good about themselves knowing that they're playing a weak team. Hopefully not, but the possibility is certainly there.

HAMMER
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm a Bills' fan. Therefore, I am always worried.

This seems like the perfect game for us to lose.

Boy have you changed in the last few months, you used to be so positive and optimistic.

TheBrownBear
11-07-2007, 10:26 PM
The Bills have been competitive because they've done a good job taking care of the ball and limiting their penalties. Basically, we haven't been beating ourselves. If we continue to do that, we will win. But there is always the possibility of a fluky
four turnover game lying in the weeds.