• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

John Madden helped get the Bills-Pats on Primetime

Ebersol said there were three factors in NBC’s decision to ask the league to switch the Bills-Pats game.

“Number one, obviously, is New England’s undefeated record and their sort of quest for history,” said Ebersol. “Number two is the Bills’ play over the last five games — four out of five wins and barely losing an unbelievable football game to Dallas. And the third and magical factor in it all is the enthusiasm that Buffalo has shown toward the Bills throughout my long association with the AFC when we had it before.

“I watched pretty intently the Bills game with Cincinnati,” he added. “I was watching three or four different games this week as we were looking to make a decision. And it was unbelievable the enthusiasm in [Ralph] Wilson Stadium. It was over the top.”

Steve Tasker, the former Bills star and current CBS analyst, said he wasn’t surprised by the choice.

“It looks like a pretty good game, particularly if the Bills beat the Dolphins this week, winning five out of six,” he said.

Tasker then was asked how this game might differ from the Patriots’ 38-7 drubbing of the Bills in Week Three.

“Certainly, it will be a little different,” Tasker said. “This game is going to be in Buffalo, which is a little better. I think also because it is a division game, sometimes it is hard even for a good club to look that good twice against an opponent in one year.”
    http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/200331.html?
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: John Madden helped get the Bills-Pats on Primetime

We have madden and ditka on our side, unreal. I think we may have something here.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

I was always under the impression that Madden didn't like being in Buffalo.

D & S Sports

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

I read that today. John must see something he likes. I still think he's a ****** though.

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

NBC football analyst John Madden was so in favor of moving the Buffalo Bills’ Nov. 18 game with unbeaten New England to the network’s prime-time package that he didn’t even consider his personal traveling hardship. All 2,609 miles of it.

Moving the game from 1 to 8:15 that night means the celebrated Madden Cruiser bus will leave after this Sunday night’s game in San Diego to make the cross-country trek to Buffalo for the first “flex game” of the year.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

Not a short trip that's for sure! 37 hours 41 mins approximate travel time according to Yahoo Maps.

The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Just plain awesome!! I'm stoked!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

I wish I could go. I would be am awesome battel for sure.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                  I read that today. John must see something he likes. I still think he's a ****** though.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

I WANT TO GO SO BAD!!!

to bad ticket prices sky rocketed was hoping my uncle's box was open because of time switch but doesnt look like it

PS love john madden

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

madden has always ruled. i don't see why many of you hold him in contempt. the guy's commentary is pure classic, only rivaled by his long-time partner pat "completely hammered at all times of the day" summerall.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
                        • May 2003

Madden loves to eat! Beef on Weck and Buffalo Wings! NEED I say more?
                        I think we pull the upset of the century!
                        GO BILLS!!
                        I'm callin in sick that next day! REGUARDLESS!
                        Send me some wings!

Comment

• Elminster
                          #1 Kelsay Fan
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by MTBillsFan
                          Madden loves to eat! Beef on Weck and Buffalo Wings! NEED I say more?
                          I think we pull the upset of the century!
                          GO BILLS!!
                          I'm callin in sick that next day! REGUARDLESS!
                          You need not say more. I look forward to having Beef on Weck in the stadium for lunch just before a game. Madden may be somewhat senile and also have an unhealthy attachment to certain 38 year-old Green Bay Packers quarterbacks, but he is mostly a good guy who loves football.
                          Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

Madden just wants to get some sausages from the concession stand and slob on them while pretending it's Brady's knob while lauding Brady's greatness for the entire game on prime time TV.

That's right... I said it!

Comment

• Cntrygal
                              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                              • Jul 2002

The time I heard Madden say... "the object of the game is to cross the goal line".

No Really? I would have never guessed.
                              Originally posted by notacon
                              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
                              X