PDA

View Full Version : Jonas Jennings Done in San Fran

DynaPaul
11-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Looks like Mr. Big Bucks is done over in the bay area.

JENNINGS DONE IN SAN FRAN

Though many league insiders and observers are skeptical about whether 49ers left tackle Jonas Jennings was placed on injured reserve because he actually has an injury that prevents him from playing or because the team decided he was a pain in the butt and didn't want to give him the freedom that he likely craves, a league source tells us that Jennings is legitimately injured -- but that Jennings' days with the team are over.

Per the source, the team is happy to get Jennings out of the locker room.

Jennings was signed to a seven-year, $36 million in 2005. He has played in only 21 of 40 games due to injury and, in Week Five of the 2007 season, he missed a game due to still-undisclosed personal reasons.

Last week, former Niners safety Ronnie Lott ripped Jennings on KNBR for being a "disruptive force" in the organization.

Because the 2006 Collective Bargaining Agreement removed the right of NFL teams to send players home with pay, the Niners' only ability to rid themselves of Jennings for the rest of the year without cutting him was to put him on IR. Though we presume that Jennings could challenge the injured reserve designation, he likely is content to get the balance of his 2007 base salary of $3.65 million and then hit the market again in 2008.

Signed through 2011, Jennings is due to make base salaries of $3.45 million, $4.2 million, $4.3 million, and $5.15 million over the next four seasons. In theory, he could be traded. But he likely would want more money from a new team, which could prevent a deal from getting done.

www.profootballtalk.com

OpIv37
11-06-2007, 09:31 PM
I lost a lot of respect for him when he left Buffalo, but not because he left.

I was in Buffalo for the season ending debacle against Pitt in '04, which was Jennings' last game as a Bill. As I was driving to the airport, I had the post-game pressers on and he was being interviewed. The reporters asked him about his chances of returning, and he said he'd like to be back and that he'd work with the FO- he didn't exactly say "home town discount" but he made it sound like he'd make an effort to come back.

Then, he jumped at the first offer coming on the table. If you're going to leave, leave- but don't talk **** about wanting to stay then change your mind as soon as dollar signs are waved around.

Elminster
11-06-2007, 09:51 PM
I was never big on him because he seemed to be hurt a lot and lack toughness, and that has just continued in San Fran.

Oaf
11-06-2007, 10:29 PM
A apparent rare shrewd move on TD's part.

Devin
11-06-2007, 10:49 PM
oft-injured, soft, and now apparently "greedy-*****" has been added to his growing resume.

Night Train
11-07-2007, 04:27 AM
I don't miss All-Whirlpool.

hurls
11-07-2007, 05:04 AM
That's a shame

Ebenezer
11-07-2007, 05:07 AM
done? was he ever started??

casdhf
11-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Could he play RG?

:couch:

colin
11-07-2007, 07:00 AM
i liked him when he was here, but yeah he was kinda soft.

what does that workout to for san fran?

almost a mill a game played?

STAMPY
11-07-2007, 07:05 AM
I'd take him back in a second. Still think our run blocking needs help

Mahdi
11-07-2007, 07:13 AM
I'd take him back in a second. Still think our run blocking needs help
I wouldnt go near him.... liability in pass blocking and injury prone.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2007, 07:26 AM
The guy never was healthy and that was his knock here. Godd decision not to keep him.

madness
11-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Buffalo players are to SF as NE players are to us.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're saying the same thing about Nate in 3-4 years.

Mr. Pink
11-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Jennings will catch on elsewhere next year but for far less money

Ed
11-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Remember when Jennings and Mike Williams were going to be our book end tackles for the next 10 years?

The Answer
11-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Looks like Mr. Big Bucks is done over in the bay area.

JENNINGS DONE IN SAN FRAN

Though many league insiders and observers are skeptical about whether 49ers left tackle Jonas Jennings was placed on injured reserve because he actually has an injury that prevents him from playing or because the team decided he was a pain in the butt and didn't want to give him the freedom that he likely craves, a league source tells us that Jennings is legitimately injured -- but that Jennings' days with the team are over.

Per the source, the team is happy to get Jennings out of the locker room.

Jennings was signed to a seven-year, $36 million in 2005. He has played in only 21 of 40 games due to injury and, in Week Five of the 2007 season, he missed a game due to still-undisclosed personal reasons.

Last week, former Niners safety Ronnie Lott ripped Jennings on KNBR for being a "disruptive force" in the organization.

Because the 2006 Collective Bargaining Agreement removed the right of NFL teams to send players home with pay, the Niners' only ability to rid themselves of Jennings for the rest of the year without cutting him was to put him on IR. Though we presume that Jennings could challenge the injured reserve designation, he likely is content to get the balance of his 2007 base salary of $3.65 million and then hit the market again in 2008.

Signed through 2011, Jennings is due to make base salaries of $3.45 million, $4.2 million, $4.3 million, and $5.15 million over the next four seasons. In theory, he could be traded. But he likely would want more money from a new team, which could prevent a deal from getting done.

www.profootballtalk.com (http://www.profootballtalk.com)

LOL What a waste of money - can't believe some fans in Buffalo actually cried about not resigning this overrated fatcat.

~The Answer

DynaPaul
11-07-2007, 03:53 PM
He was like John Fina - Mr Hurt-All-the-Time!