• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Corners are really the mvp's of the defense

If you haven't noticed, Greer and Mcgee kept the tandem of 85 and who's your mama to a total of six receptions. While greer didn't record an int, he did cause a fumble that went out of bounds. Mcgee had a couple of pass breakups and a near int. These guys are definitely taking the pressure off the defensive linemen. You got guys like schobel and kelsay getting paid to produce sacks, but hardly have shown anything for it. Don't forget they held down Randy Moss and T.O to quiet games as well. A lot of people were down on Mcgee in the past, but he's really gone back to form when he and clements were shutting down offenses as the #2 defense in the league. Speaking of Nate, Nate who? Oh that guy who left for greener pastures. Think he regrets leaving? Can't say Marv really didn't know what he was doing. Hopefully Youbouty develops fast. This team would have 3 solid corners and wouldn't have to worry about investing most of their money on one corner.

Special mention goes to Angelo Crowell as defensive mvp. He's also stepped up his game.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Corners are really the mvp's of the defense

Originally posted by Kerr
    If you haven't noticed, Greer and Mcgee kept the tandem of 85 and who's your mama to a total of six receptions. While greer didn't record an int, he did cause a fumble that went out of bounds. Mcgee had a couple of pass breakups and a near int. These guys are definitely taking the pressure off the defensive linemen. You got guys like schobel and kelsay getting paid to produce sacks, but hardly have shown anything for it. Don't forget they held down Randy Moss and T.O to quiet games as well. A lot of people were down on Mcgee in the past, but he's really gone back to form when he and clements were shutting down offenses as the #2 defense in the league. Speaking of Nate, Nate who? Oh that guy who left for greener pastures. Think he regrets leaving? Can't say Marv really didn't know what he was doing. Hopefully Youbouty develops fast. This team would have 3 solid corners and wouldn't have to worry about investing most of their money on one corner.

Special mention goes to Angelo Crowell as defensive mvp. He's also stepped up his game.
    You went from the corners to crowell?? Let's throw in fewell and Marv as well.

J/K.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
      You went from the corners to crowell?? Let's throw in fewell and Marv as well.

J/K.

Greer deserves a legitimate contract next year IMO.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Not just coverage but our DB's have been laying the lumber the past few games. Whitner and McGee have been hitting like freight trains. I love it, I seriously would cry tears of joy if Moss came over the middle and Whitner absolutley leveled him. I mean seriously take that in for a sec, how sweet would that be.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

It seems like Crowell learned alot from TKO and Fletcher, he has been nothing short of a tackling machine since those two have left. Anyone know how much longer we have Crowell locked up for?

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

Is Greer an UFA?
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

I love this kid! That's all I can say!
              Attached Files
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
              X