• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

McGee leads league in PD, playing insanely well at CB

14 pass defenses and 2 ints. He is on pace for 28 PD, wow.

Last edited by Mitchy moo; 11-07-2007, 06:16 AM.
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: McGee leads lead in PD, playing insanely well at CB

That is good!

Look at that Darrelle Revis..with 47 solo tackles. 57 total.
    And Anthony Henry with 5 pick's.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

Leads lead Skoob?? Is it meant to say league

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
        Leads lead Skoob?? Is it meant to say league
        Yeah thanks for the heads up, I just woke up a bit ago.

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Re: McGee leads league in PD, playing insanely well at CB

Yeah he's really helped out this defense with his play.

Comment

• colin
            Drew's my hero!
            • Jul 2002

we'll never win a game without clements!!!

that's awesome! i do think we need another big body corner to match up with the size in the AFC tho. a day one nickel guy might be just what the doctor ordered, we'll see.

i have a feeling we get lance briggs as an FA this offseason. along with another helpful body at DT that will super charge our front 7

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
              14 pass defenses and 2 ints. He is on pace for 28 PD, wow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/by...meframe=ToDate
              Allow me to pull an OpIv for just this one second and say... That could very easily be 10 pass defenses and 6 INTs at this point if he could hang on to a ball. I'm happy with his play and he's done well, but he's dropped some certain INTs on multiple occassions already this year.

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Better a McGee drop than a WR completion.
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by colin
                  we'll never win a game without clements!!!

that's awesome! i do think we need another big body corner to match up with the size in the AFC tho. a day one nickel guy might be just what the doctor ordered, we'll see.

i have a feeling we get lance briggs as an FA this offseason. along with another helpful body at DT that will super charge our front 7
                  Honestly, I highly doubt we pay Lance Briggs to come here. He would eat up a lot of cap room and the fact is our scheme doesnt require super-stars at LB. All we need at LB is athletes who can tackle. We already have 2 solid LBs with Poz and Crowell and Dig is also playing really well. Next season those 3 should start for us so I think were fine at LB. Even now with DiG, Ellison and Crowell were solid which just goes to show that you dont need Briggs. Personally I dont want any FAs at all this offseason.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf

Exactly!
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
                      I certainly agree, but you have to admit, better a McGee interception then a McGee drop as well...

Like I said, I know it's nit picking, and I'm overall pleased with how he's played, but those turnovers would be great in addition to what he's done.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                        I certainly agree, but you have to admit, better a McGee interception then a McGee drop as well...

Like I said, I know it's nit picking, and I'm overall pleased with how he's played, but those turnovers would be great in addition to what he's done.
                        Don't worry, he's working on correcting that. He said so.

Comment

• colin
                          Drew's my hero!
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          Honestly, I highly doubt we pay Lance Briggs to come here. He would eat up a lot of cap room and the fact is our scheme doesnt require super-stars at LB. All we need at LB is athletes who can tackle. We already have 2 solid LBs with Poz and Crowell and Dig is also playing really well. Next season those 3 should start for us so I think were fine at LB. Even now with DiG, Ellison and Crowell were solid which just goes to show that you dont need Briggs. Personally I dont want any FAs at all this offseason.
                          i really don't think you could be more wrong on this one.

jauron is the guy who drafted briggs. briggs is the prototypical weak side cover 2 LB. he can run all day, is a great tackler, can cover and can blitz. he can get to a weak side sweep or screen quickly enough to disrupt it and can make the hard hits in coverage or in the backfield.

you drop in beside poz and crow and we have linebackers that can cover everything and are heat seaking missles in the run game.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

jauron is the guy who drafted briggs. briggs is the prototypical weak side cover 2 LB. he can run all day, is a great tackler, can cover and can blitz. he can get to a weak side sweep or screen quickly enough to disrupt it and can make the hard hits in coverage or in the backfield.

you drop in beside poz and crow and we have linebackers that can cover everything and are heat seaking missles in the run game.
                            i just dont see them spending the cash on a guy who is gonna command as much as briggs will

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

We have our WS LB missile in Crowell, I doubt Buffalo breaks the bank for Briggs.

Comment

Working...
                              X