PDA

View Full Version : Lynch after 8 weeks is ahead of Willis by 1 yard!!

HHURRICANE
11-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Pretty amazing that a rookie has more yards than Willis.

I love it.

I have to admit that I wanted to keep Willis through his contract but Lynch has not played like a rookie so the decision turned out to be a very good one. We replaced a pain in the butt with a younger, better, player. Kudos to Marv.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycategory?cat=Rushing&sort=17&conference=NFL

lordofgun
11-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Also, 2 more TDs.

Luisito23
11-07-2007, 07:53 AM
GO LYNCH!... GO!!!.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

mybills
11-07-2007, 09:25 AM
I love this kid! :up:

LtBillsFan66
11-07-2007, 09:28 AM
So much for Willis blowing it up. :lol:

mysticsoto
11-07-2007, 09:50 AM
McGahee may not play this week depending on his concussion status - which should give Lynch a substantial lead then. Though even if he does play, Lynch SHOULD have a field day in Miami...

mchurchfie
11-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Willis is headed down:down: Lynch is on the up and up.:up:

justasportsfan
11-07-2007, 10:58 AM
But Willis is way ahead of Lynch in the baby count.

billsburgh
11-07-2007, 11:16 AM
not to defend Willis, but Marwhawn also has 19 more carries than Willis and is averaging less per carry than Willis (3.9 to 4.4). Willis has been more productive with Baltimore than he was here last year. The change of scenery seems to have done well for him. It seems to have worked out for the best for both teams.

MikeInRoch
11-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Willis *is* ahead in fumbles, tho... he has 2 to Lynch's 0.

billsburgh
11-07-2007, 11:23 AM
:snicker:
I laughed when one of the MNF announcers was talking about Willis' problems with fumbling.

PECKERWOOD
11-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Only if Willis could score more ON the field.

HHURRICANE
11-07-2007, 11:28 AM
not to defend Willis, but Marwhawn also has 19 more carries than Willis and is averaging less per carry than Willis (3.9 to 4.4). Willis has been more productive with Baltimore than he was here last year. The change of scenery seems to have done well for him. It seems to have worked out for the best for both teams.

This is true but I have watched Willis and Lynch this year and there is one big difference. Lynch is making positive yards on almost every play. Willis has had his numbers padded by some long runs but I have seen him get stuffed numerous times for losses as well. Classic McGahee.

I'd rather have a guy get me 4 yards on 3rd and 3. Willis doesn't win you games.

gil
11-07-2007, 11:28 AM

you better find some wood to knock on right now!

justasportsfan
11-07-2007, 11:45 AM
this is proof of how bad our runblocking is. Lynch has outgained Willis in yards carrying players on his back.

billsburgh
11-07-2007, 11:49 AM
This is true but I have watched Willis and Lynch this year and there is one big difference. Lynch is making positive yards on almost every play. Willis has had his numbers padded by some long runs but I have seen him get stuffed numerous times for losses as well. Classic McGahee.

I'd rather have a guy get me 4 yards on 3rd and 3. Willis doesn't win you games.
you're absolutely right about that. that was always one of my biggest complaints about Willis. He very rarely gains any yards after initial contact, whereas with Lynch, he's rarely taken down by the first contact. I've lost count of how many plays this year where Marshawn has only gained a yard or just gotten back to the LOS, but should have been tackled in the backfield for a loss.

The Answer
11-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Pretty amazing that a rookie has more yards than Willis.

I love it.

I have to admit that I wanted to keep Willis through his contract but Lynch has not played like a rookie so the decision turned out to be a very good one. We replaced a pain in the butt with a younger, better, player. Kudos to Marv.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycategory?cat=Rushing&sort=17&conference=NFL

But Willis had a 30 yard TD run against the Steelers in garbage time? Marshawn didn't do squat against them.

~The Answer

billsburgh
11-07-2007, 11:55 AM
But Willis had a 30 yard TD run against the Steelers in garbage time? Marshawn didn't do squat against them.

~The Answer
Marshawn didnt fumble against the steelers like Willis did and lead to 7 points for the steelers which ultimately lead to the garbage time.

mysticsoto
11-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Lynch has thrown a TD pass on his 1st try...let's see Willis do that...

The Answer
11-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Marshawn didnt fumble against the steelers like Willis did and lead to 7 points for the steelers which ultimately lead to the garbage time.

Even the best RB in the league makes mistakes from time to time.

However the question is - what total will be higher at the end of the season:

Mcgahee's rushing yards or the number of women impregnated in the greater Baltimore metropolitain area?

~The Answer

Spiderweb
11-07-2007, 01:37 PM
you're absolutely right about that. that was always one of my biggest complaints about Willis. He very rarely gains any yards after initial contact, whereas with Lynch, he's rarely taken down by the first contact. I've lost count of how many plays this year where Marshawn has only gained a yard or just gotten back to the LOS, but should have been tackled in the backfield for a loss.

Ah, how short our memories are. In McGahee's second year, when he took over for Henry, that was his game. He did not go down on first contact, he pushed the pile, and broke tackles. The blocking in front of him was not very good, but he played well. It gave most of us hopes that he would turn out to be a player of impact. Sadly his third year showed regression, and by his forth year, he was no longer breaking tackles or moving the pile, so to speak. His "homerun" ability simply never materialized in any season either.

Lets not talk about his pass blocking or his pass catching ability, because they never were present.

Willis disappointed, but for a brief time (2nd year) he did give us hope.

Gosh, did I just defend McGahee above? I will say, I'm darned glad he's gone and we have Marshawn. Now, if we can get Marshawn involved in the passing game, and open some holes for the guy........