• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Jim Kelly on 97 Rock

I missed part of it, but he talked about the Bills staying in WNY.

The short version is that he and Jack Kemp have investors lined up to buy the team and keep them in WNY. He also talked about a waterfront stadium.

He has talked to Ralph about this plan. He understands (and respects) Ralph's wishes and pointed out that if Ralph was only interested in money he would have sold the team long ago.

Basically he sounded confidant that he and Kemp can buy the team when necessary.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jim Kelly on 97 Rock

God I love Kelly.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

I love Jimbo!!!....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Guys, you are dreaming if you think Kelly and Kemp and their investors are ending up with this team.

It may stay in Buffalo but it won't be with either one of these two in the purchase agreement.

Just so you know the NFL would most likely not approve a group buying this team. So unless Kelly has an extra billion laying around it aint happening.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Then Ralph can pretend to leave it to them in his will.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• lordofgun
            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I named my firstborn after Jimbo!!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

You just got lucky with yours.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                Guys, you are dreaming if you think Kelly and Kemp and their investors are ending up with this team.

It may stay in Buffalo but it won't be with either one of these two in the purchase agreement.

Just so you know the NFL would most likely not approve a group buying this team. So unless Kelly has an extra billion laying around it aint happening.
                Why wouldn't they approve?? Do you have inside info? Are you a NFL exec?
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• gil
                  • Mar 2005

there aren't any group ownership arrangements in the NFL?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                    I named my firstborn after Jimbo!!
                    Your parents named YOU after Jimbo!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

why? There are plenty of group ownership arrangements around the NFL.

Plus, when you're talking about billion-dollar franchises, there are only a handful of people who have that kind of money and an interest in owning a team. The NFL further limits itself by not wanting owners who own teams in the other major sports leagues (MLB, NBA, NHL). Something has to give eventually or else the NFL is going to run out of potential owners.

The way it typically works is someone is majority owner and acts as the owner at NFL meetings and such, while the team is run by all the owners jointly, similar to a corporate board of directors with the majority owner as CEO.

I think it would be in the NFL's interest to have a former player who knows the league and the city as well as a congressman on the ownership team.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                        • Sep 2003

The NFL has clamped down some on team ownerships, yes. For example, no one is allowed to do what the Packers did (sell it to 'the public') any more.
                        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

NFL approves Raiders minority ownership deal

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The NFL gave approval Wednesday to allow the Oakland Raiders to sell a 20 percent minority interest in the team to a small group of investors.
                          The deal gives the group no control of the franchise now or in the future. Owner Al Davis and his family remain in charge of the Raiders as they have for more than four decades.
                          The deal to sell the minority interest in the team was unanimously approved without debate at the NFL owners meeting in Philadelphia, league spokesman Joe Browne said.

As MikeInRoch said, the public option is pretty much ruled out but here's an article on how GB does it...

Ownership makes Packers best in NFL

Green Bay is very unique in that the team is owned by its fans. According to their official web site, 112,015 different people all own stock in the Packers. This group of people stays large and diverse because there is a cap as to how much stock each person can own to ensure that no one person or group will attain too much power. All of these stockholders entirely fund the Packers, and because dividends are not paid out, all the money generated by the team is put back into the team.

All stockholders also have a say in team affairs. It works much like our own American government. Every year in July, stockholders arrive at Lambeau Field to elect a board of directors.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

The day Jim Kelly is part of the ownership of the team is the day I immediately buy season tickets for the rest of my life.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

The packers public ownership can't happen again...ever. NFL has stated as such.

A group can buy the Bills, true, but someone has to be a majority owner. Kemp and Jimbo putting their money together at best would be like a 10% share of the team. I think I'm high on the percentage though, either way, not likely to happen.

The thought is cool though and gives some people hope.

Comment

Working...
                              X