X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

NFL off-season fills everyone with hope

I remember talking to Bills vice president Russ Brandon about three years ago when the Bills Caravan visited Pittsford Plaza. We discussed how the Bills changed their approach to marketing training camp.

He said, "In training camp, everybody thinks their team is winning the Super Bowl." He added that the Bills were among a handful of NFL teams trying to take advantage of that enthusiasm and get people excited about their product during the NFL preseason. And that could only mean good things at the start of the regular season: momentum, excitement, advanced sell-outs - all without playing a single game.

Well, here we are in the middle of the off-season, and already it rivals the excitement of last off-season, when Drew Bledsoe came aboard. Maybe the Takeo Spikes and Sam Adams acquisitions exceed the Bledsoe acquisition because they mean Buffalo is closer to repairing the defense and going deep into the playoffs.

That's debatable. I think people would still say that Jim Kelly's arrival in 1986 far outweighed Cornelius Bennett's arrival in 1987 and Thurman Thomas' arrival in 1988, even though Bennett and Thomas probably pushed the team over the top.

I'm excited!:) Go Bills!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I hope they do the caravan this year. I don't think it happened in 2002.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
      My IQ Test results came back negative
      • Oct 2002

bills have a reason to get exicited in the offseason this year with all the add ons the defense got and how unstopable the offense was and TH is going to RUN YOU DOWN! this year 2034 yards.

Comment

Working...
      X