PDA

View Full Version : Bills getting national attention.

Pride
11-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I've noticed:

Lee and Marshawn on Jim Rome
Marshawn on ESPN's Sportcenter talking about Beast Mode
Bills/Cowboys game considered 1st or 2nd best game of year thus far
Buffalo on Monday Night has gotten us major attention
Bills and Pats move to Sunday Night with thanks to Madden

It just seems everywhere you turn lately, they are talking about the Bills... and I love it!

I'm almost afraid that it is still unwarranted. We are... afterall... just a .500 ball club.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I still think they're setting the fans up for a letdown.

BAM
11-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Dukes talked about us last night as one of three teams on the rise. Along with the Lions and Browns. Lots of credit given to coach Jauron.

BuffaloBrave
11-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Dukes talked about us last night as one of three teams on the rise. Along with the Lions and Browns. Lots of credit given to coach Jauron.
Not by anyone on this board...:fit:

shelby
11-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Just enjoy the ride, fellas!

Mitchy moo
11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Just enjoy the ride, fellas!

Lord knows where it's going. :brush:

historypete
11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
I think Jauron deserves a lot of credit for keeping this team focused and prepared during the week. With that he's done an excellent job under very trying circumstances with all the injuries.

My problem with him is his decision making on Sunday afternoons, and his inability to do something about Fairchilds playcalling which has been pathetic up until this Cincy game, and even then there were a few playcalling headscratchers. One quick example that whole series down at the one yard line with all the motion and then delayed handoff on a counter play which had been getting blown up all day to that point. Then Fairchild staying in goal-line offense on 2nd and 3rd down. That is where Jauron needs to tell Fairchild to go back to spreading the field because it had worked.

Stuff like that annoys me, BUT he has done an excellent job of preparing this team to play during the week.

Turf
11-07-2007, 07:28 PM
We ought to be 6-2. We're not but we should be.

Turf
11-07-2007, 07:28 PM
We ought to be 6-2. We're not but we should be.

PECKERWOOD
11-07-2007, 07:32 PM
I've noticed:

Lee and Marshawn on Jim Rome
Marshawn on ESPN's Sportcenter talking about Beast Mode
Bills/Cowboys game considered 1st or 2nd best game of year thus far
Buffalo on Monday Night has gotten us major attention
Bills and Pats move to Sunday Night with thanks to Madden

It just seems everywhere you turn lately, they are talking about the Bills... and I love it!

I'm almost afraid that it is still unwarranted. We are... afterall... just a .500 ball club.

Doesn't it feel great to be even mid-season!!!? Ahhhh, a breath of fresh air. < farteds ><FARTEDS>

Oaf
11-07-2007, 09:15 PM
uh oh. It's been awhile since we got national respect, but it seems like every time we do, we lay an egg. I saw so many feel-good stories on front page of ESPN and the like in 2004 when we went 7-6, 8-6, 9-6 aaaaannnd.. 9-7.

Carlton Bailey
11-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I'd almost rather not have the national attention, to be honest. In recent years, whenever it's come for the Bills they have failed miserably almost immediately after. Remember when Buffalo was 5-3 in 2002 going into the Brady-Bledsoe Bowl? Sixty minutes of football later, the Bills were 5-4 after a 38-7 defeat.

mybills
11-07-2007, 09:26 PM
yeah, but that was with older players..these kids are rearing to go..they'll play better than the hype.

im4bflo
11-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Well, it beats hearing we suck!
We are becoming an interesting team, with players like Marshawn, who can dislike the 'BEAST'? We're becoming marketable, and we did put on a hell of a show Monday Night! :up:
Enjoy it! and SQUISHtheFISH!!! :squish: