• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talk0fNewYork
    ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
    • Jan 2007

Downtown Stadium

I'm watching the news and theres a segment about Jim Kelly and other authorities fighting to get a Indoor Stadium built much like the stadium being built in indianapolis has there been any other words?

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Downtown Stadium

No Wys and others that are much smarter than the rest of us DUMMIES have told us the Bills are as good as gone. The news must be lying....

Comment

• Elminster
      #1 Kelsay Fan
      • Oct 2006

I would much prefer that it have a retractable roof, so we could expose opponents to the elements and close to host a Super Bowl...
      Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
        ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
        • Jan 2007

The are some +'s, close to piece bridge, more action downtown, superbowls, college bowls etc.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Elminster
          I would much prefer that it have a retractable roof, so we could expose opponents to the elements and close to host a Super Bowl...
          We will NEVER get a superbowl man. Lets not get crazy here! And what is the point of having a retractable roof if we open it when it is cold out? It makes no sense!

Comment

• SABuffalo786
            • Feb 2003

Yeah, we don't even have the hotel space for an NHL ALL STAR game. You think we're getting a Superbowl anytime soon? Ha.
            "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
            We are the Rockpile
            We are the Rockpile
            BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Elminster
              EVEN with a roof, there is no way in hell a SUPER BOWL would go there anyway. My wife is on the SB committee in TAMPA and you have no idea what has to be done here for the SB for 09. Just imagine Buffalo what would have to be done. THey would have to start now and maybe they could have it in 20 years.
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I'm not shooting down the idea completely but for those who live locally, Think.

A major traffic jam would occur each week. There is only the 190 and a few streets in that neighborhood. Could you imagine the backup coming down Route 5 from the South ? The walk from the Main St. subway would be too far.

It's happy talk with a lot of major planning,funding and reconstruction ahead. Call me skeptical.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Jim Kelly is pushing for a spot on the waterfront to build a new stadium

Wow, all of this in 24 hours:

Jim Kelly is pushing for a spot on the waterfront to build a new stadium. It's a big vision, but how feasible is it? News 4's George Richert reports along the waterfront with more on our big story tonight.

State Senator Antoine Thompson, "I'm very excited about it."

State Senator Antoine Thompson floated the idea of a downtown stadium years ago.

Senator Thompson, "The downtown restaurants, the shops, it would jmust create such a ripple effect for downtown Buffalo."

The next County Executive is all for it.

Chris Collins, Erie County Executive elect, "A dream come true to get the stadium that shoulda been in downtown many years ago."

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                    I'm not shooting down the idea completely but for those who live locally, Think.

A major traffic jam would occur each week. There is only the 190 and a few streets in that neighborhood. Could you imagine the backup coming down Route 5 from the South ? The walk from the Main St. subway would be too far.

It's happy talk with a lot of major planning,funding and reconstruction ahead. Call me skeptical.
                    There are already MAJOR traffic jams in the the southtowns. I did research after last game. We brought a bunch of food and decided to not leave right after the game. We ended up staying an hour and a half after the game was over. I left the parking lot and got home the same time as if I left right after the game ended. IMO the road infrastructure DT could handle the traffice better than where it is.

AND what stadium doesn't have a traffic jam after a game in any city?? To not build a stadium because of 8 traffic jams a year is plain ******ed.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                      • Sep 2003

The only problem I would have is that I wouldn't want to have to tailgate in a parking garage....
                      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

If you guys get a stadium downtown I'll move back to Buffalo.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2005

I'm a half-full guy, but I'll tell you, I can't see it happening. Who is going to pay for it? How would they accomodate the traffic situation? What do you do with Ralph, which has had a ton of money pumped into it in the last few years? We need to be playing outdoors. I agree that it was a mistake to put Ralph where it is, but they did, and abandoning it for a downtown stadium makes little fiscal sense. There will be no Super Bowl or college bowl game. What you will get is a great place to have an outdoor concert in the summertime, but barring some serious financial dedication (and some serious development around that dedication), it's not going to work.

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            If you guys get a stadium downtown I'll move back to Buffalo.
                            What about a new stadium downtown would persuade you?
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

It seems like every year about this time Bills fans start talking about a new stadium down town.

Comment

Working...
                              X