X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Josh Reed pancakes Dexter Jackson

Josh Reed has been used a lot as a blocker on the line of scrimmage this season. Often, he usually goes in "crack motion" and moves from outside the formation to just outside the tackle or tight end, then helps to seal the wall.

He's been very good at it so far. I think he gets a bad rap from a lot of fans because he doesn't put up huge receiving numbers. But he does a lot of little things very well for this team, including making catches in key situations and getting good yards after the catch. But it is his blocking on running plays where he really helps out.

I want you to check out this example. He pancakes Deltha O'Neal on Marshawn Lynch's 56-yard TD run. He had a little help from the pile.....but he clearly ate Deltha for lunch and helped to seal the right side, where it was clear sailing for ML once he broke free.

The block is at 2:05 into this vid. Reed is at the bottom of the screen. He just came in motion, but the video begins after he is already close to the formation:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
    Last edited by Coach Sal; 11-07-2007, 11:14 PM.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • The last buffalo fan
    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
    • Sep 2004

Re: Josh Reed pancakes Deltha O'Neal

He has been one of my favorite players.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
      • Jun 2003

Here's a direct link to the video!

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
      www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
        ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
        • Jan 2007

It wasn't deltha o'neal it was dexter jackson, but great block anyways!

Comment

• Coach Sal
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Talk0fNewYork
          It wasn't deltha o'neal it was dexter jackson, but great block anyways!

You're right. I thought it was #24. It was #28. I'm going to change the title. Thanks.
          Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
          And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Confused
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jun 2007

Re: Josh Reed pancakes Dexter Jackson

good post. josh reed isnt flashy, but you'd have a tough time replacing him with someone who can do more all around than him. If he was 3 inchs taller he'd be a freak.

Comment

Working...
            X