• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo West to strike again???

The latest sign that the Chargers probably won't bring back kicker Steve Christie for 2003: ESPN.com has learned the club auditioned three free agents -- Mike Hollis, Todd Peterson and Michael Husted -- in San Diego on Thursday. Of the three, Peterson was the most accurate on field goals, missing just one. But because he has not been practicing kickoffs, Peterson was not as solid in that area. Hollis missed three placements and Husted, while owning the strongest leg for kickoffs, was scattershot. Hollis, by the way, turned down a three-year, $3.1 million offer, which included a $750,000 signing bonus, from Buffalo earlier this month. The Bills then acquired Seattle restricted free agent Rian Lindell. Passing on what seemed to be a pretty good offer in a very slow market might not have been the wisest move Hollis could have made.

Trey Junkin's nightmare in the Giants' playoff loss has forced teams to look a little harder at deep snappers.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Good, **** Hollis. I hope he signs for the min
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• northernbillfan
      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

That'll teach him to turn down the $$$ we were offering him

Too bad that the stupid Washington Redskins owner had to set a precedence of over paying guys, and giving the kicker they signed 5.5 million
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• JayWood
        The Professor
        • Jul 2002

LOL, Hey Hollis have fun buddy, we will be thinking of ya as we make the run to the Super Bowl!!!
        When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

that may have been hollis' plan all along.he knows how the Buthole likes to overpay his players.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

TD came close to predicting that Hollis would end up having to accept a far lower contract offer if he passed on Buffalo's offer. Don't mess with TD.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
            X