PDA

View Full Version : Peter King praises Jauron

BuffaloBrave
11-08-2007, 11:19 AM
In his weekly game predictions, he predicts the Bills to win 27-13, and underneath, he gives Jauron some huge praise.

Coach of the year, to me, is no contest right now. For the Bills to be 4-4 after their defense has been shredded by injury (and it wasn't a great defense to begin with) and to come back after the most devastating loss of the 2007 season (the debacle against Dallas) tells me one thing about the common-sense, flat-line Dick Jauron: If I owned a team, I'd want him to coach it.

LINK (http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/pickoff)

The Answer
11-08-2007, 11:21 AM
In his weekly game predictions, he predicts the Bills to win 27-13, and underneath, he gives Jauron some huge praise.

LINK (http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/pickoff)

The Corpse hype vehicle is rolling along - we pound the fish and upset the pats than look out.....

~The Answer

justasportsfan
11-08-2007, 12:50 PM
This game worries me more than the bengals game. Dick better not let this team look beyond any division rival.

patmoran2006
11-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Gotta tell you...

Although the majority of the board here hates him, Jauron has been getting ridiculous national praise of late. Everyone is talking about what a good job he's doing. and Jim Rome responded to an email yesterday on his show that said "we'd be 6-2 if it wasnt for Jauron" but saying "you might be 0-8 if it wasnt for Jauron"

I've even read talk of him being a coach of the year candidate.

madness
11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Gotta tell you...

Although the majority of the board here hates him, Jauron has been getting ridiculous national praise of late. Everyone is talking about what a good job he's doing. and Jim Rome responded to an email yesterday on his show that said "we'd be 6-2 if it wasnt for Jauron" but saying "you might be 0-8 if it wasnt for Jauron"

Media's just a little behind. He's been talked about in league circles for a few weeks now.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Gotta tell you...

that's cuz the media doesn't actually watch Bills games. They look at the record and the injury report and make determinations.

It's a miracle we've even won 4 with the asinine coaching that goes on. I was losing my mind in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of that Cincy game.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:12 PM
BTW, isn't this the same "Shirley Temple" Peter King? Don't we usually rip on him for talking out of his ass?

But now that he's praising Jauron he suddenly has credibility? Come on, people.

justasportsfan
11-08-2007, 02:12 PM
It's a miracle we've even won 4 with the asinine coaching that goes on. I was losing my mind in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of that Cincy game.

Overreaction.

Dr. Lecter
11-08-2007, 02:14 PM
that's cuz the media doesn't actually watch Bills games. They look at the record and the injury report and make determinations.

Then you need to chill.

You seem to want to pile anything negative on Jauron and not give him credit for anything positive.

The coaching was great against Cinci.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Overreaction.

nope. They were making dumb play calls and stalled the offense several times. That 1st and Goal play call (that damn 3-TE, Lynch in motion play) literally cost us a TD. Everyone and their brother knew where that one was going.

justasportsfan
11-08-2007, 02:15 PM
nope. They were making dumb play calls and stalled the offense several times. That 1st and Goal play call (that damn 3-TE, Lynch in motion play) literally cost us a TD. Everyone and their brother knew where that one was going.

I call is as I see it too.

Overreaction.

Dr. Lecter

Quit focusing on one play you did not like and look at the entire game and season.

OpIv37
Then you need to chill.

You seem to want to pile anything negative on Jauron and not give him credit for anything positive.

The coaching was great against Cinci.

see my previous post about the 1st and goal.

Not to mention Reed was turning inside on EVERY run and broadcasting it. And they did the same "Pull Lynch for Thomas in passing situations" garbage- and it didn't work. The offensive play calling is still too predictable. Even on Lynch's TD run, the D had the play totally sniffed out and Lynch broke 2 tackles to make it work.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Quit focusing on one play you did not like and look at the entire game and season.

again, see my previous post. It's not one play- that's just the most egregious example. It's almost all the offensive plays. They were more aggressive in the 1st quarter but quickly reverted to old habits.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 02:17 PM

Who scores everytime man?? We get 33 points and win by 12 yet & you say we suck and it's the coaches fault?? Have you lost your mind??

Contribute something useful here besides this never ending death knell for the Bills. I think you and WYS need a multi-week timeout, seriously. It might actually bring a few people back on here that know they won't have to face all of your BS.

justasportsfan
11-08-2007, 02:18 PM
the coach that Op wanted "from the top of his head" (Marvin Lewis) was ***** slapped by Jauron the Moron.

Imagine that.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Who scores everytime man?? We get 33 points and win by 12 yet & you say we suck and it's the coaches fault?? Have you lost your mind??

Contribute something useful here besides this never ending death knell for the Bills. I think you and WYS need a multi-week timeout, seriously. It might actually bring a few people back on here that know they won't have to face all of your BS.

Lynch broke 2 tackles to add those points- the D had the play sniffed out. And look at our red zone over the course of the year- not just that play. Our red zone production is terrible and struggled again against Cincy. But hey, we can't blame the coaches for that because Peter King said Jauron is good! Give me a ****ing break.

We win 3 games and suddenly everyone is kissing the ass of the coaching staff that has sucked for most of the last year and a half.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
the coach that Op wanted "from the top of his head" (Marvin Lewis) was ***** slapped by Jauron the Moron.

Imagine that.

I was wrong about Lewis. There, I said it. Happy?

Unfortunately, Jauron and Lews weren't the only two choices.

Ed
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
BTW, isn't this the same "Shirley Temple" Peter King? Don't we usually rip on him for talking out of his ass?

Who here said Peter King has credibility? No one here said anything about Peter King. He said something Bills related and it was posted. It's just an example of the positive media attention the Bills seem to be generating lately, which is nice to see. No one here praised Peter King.

Night Train
11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
I like how Jauron prepares the team during the week.

I just wish he would sit in the press box on Sunday and let AVP, who worked under Marchibroda,call the Offense. I bet he wouldn't leave 3 time outs on the board in the first half and brain freeze during critical 4th quarter decisions (see the Denver and Dallas games..and almost Baltimore).

The players, who I admire the hell out of despite being injured and shorthanded in talent to begin with, are 6-2 .

Jauron is 4-4.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Who here said Peter King has credibility? No one here said anything about Peter King. He said something Bills related and it was posted. It's just an example of the positive media attention the Bills seem to be generating lately, which is nice to see. No one here praised Peter King.

When he says something bad about the Bills, he has no credibility and everyone rips on him. When he says something good about the Bills, everyone goes, "Oh, that's nice". They forget that he doesn't know what he's talking about and is probably dead wrong when he says something good about the Bills just like he is when he says something bad about the Bills.

Not all attention is a good thing.

justasportsfan
11-08-2007, 02:26 PM
I was wrong about Lewis. There, I said it. Happy?

Unfortunately, Jauron and Lews weren't the only two choices.

I'm not sold on Dick either, but he does deserve some praise based on how he's handled this team so far.His players have always ralied behind him. His players have always played hard for him.

Not happy about the handling of the QB situation but Ralphy's breathing down his neck. Can't really blame him for that.

As for gameday decisions, jury is still out.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Lynch broke 2 tackles to add those points- the D had the play sniffed out. And look at our red zone over the course of the year- not just that play. Our red zone production is terrible and struggled again against Cincy. But hey, we can't blame the coaches for that because Peter King said Jauron is good! Give me a ****ing break.

We win 3 games and suddenly everyone is kissing the ass of the coaching staff that has sucked for most of the last year and a half.

Now we 10 starters on IR, how much more can we overcome? If we make the playoffs you need to write " I am a Bills Homer " above your bagged ND guy.

HAMMER
11-08-2007, 02:34 PM

Oh snap, Op got slip batched by Skoobs. :bf1:

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Now we 10 starters on IR, how much more can we overcome? If we make the playoffs you need to write " I am a Bills Homer " above your bagged ND guy.

We also lost 2 games directly because of coaching. If that's not unacceptable to you, how can you call yourself a fan? The whole goal is to win.

Bills fans truly have accepted mediocrity- they are too willing to forgive major mistakes just because a player does something else right, and one or two good performances will erase months of poor ones. That's not the way to win.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Oh snap, Op got slip batched by Skoobs. :bf1:

oh sure, if you ignore all the flaws in his analysis. Putting up 33 against the Bengals does not mean the team is coached well. Look at the overall red zone numbers, the predictable offensive play calling, the two games we lost directly because of coaching....

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 02:42 PM
We also lost 2 games directly because of coaching. If that's not unacceptable to you, how can you call yourself a fan? The whole goal is to win.

Bills fans truly have accepted mediocrity- they are too willing to forgive major mistakes just because a player does something else right, and one or two good performances will erase months of poor ones. That's not the way to win.

We won another 4 because of that same coaching. You just simply cannot single out bad calls and then pass over the good calls that won us the games. Has the team been very well prepared regardless of the outcome for 8 of their 8 games?? They lost to the NE Juggernaut and Pittsburgh played very well that day but we still either held leads or played it close for a little while even in them. The other 2 games we lost we're last second plays that could of went either way but didn't go our way, so Jauron F-ed up the whole game??

The team as a whole F-ed up on the losses, not DJ or any one individual. I hold the QB just as responsible as the coaches and the rest of the players. Teams finds ways to win on offense and ways to lose on offense, it balances out.

You prefer just to dwell on the fact that our failure's may haunt us, I prefer to look at them as a learning experience to take nothing for granted, even until the last seconds. Notice that the margins of victory have been widening lately?? Plan on the fins losing by more the the 12 we won by last week.

BAM
11-08-2007, 02:44 PM
I like Dick.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:47 PM
We won another 4 because of that same coaching. You just simply cannot single out bad calls and then pass over the good calls that won us the games. Has the team been very well prepared regardless of the outcome for 8 of their 8 games?? They lost to the NE Juggernaut and Pittsburgh played very well that day but we still either held leads or played it close for a little while even in them. The other 2 games we lost we're last second plays that could of went either way but didn't go our way, so Jauron F-ed up the whole game??

The team as a whole F-ed up on the losses, not DJ or any one individual. I hold the QB just as responsible as the coaches and the rest of the players. Teams finds ways to win on offense and ways to lose on offense, it balances out.

You prefer just to dwell on the fact that our failure's may haunt us, I prefer to look at them as a learning experience to take nothing for granted, even until the last seconds. Notice that the margins of victory have been widening lately?? Plan on the fins losing by more the the 12 we won by last week.

single out bad calls? There have been a whole slew of them. Again, you're ok with winning 4 games when we could have won six- that's just ridiciulous. We got our asses kicked by Pitt and NE- we weren't even close in those games so I don't know where you get off giving the coaches any props whatsoever for those performances.

Yes, the whole team ****ed up the losses. But Jauron and Fairchild and even Fewell were responsible as well. It's possible that they could have called a perfect game and the players could still blow it, but that's not what happened. They failed to put the players in a position to win so it became irrelevant.

You say "take nothing for granted until the last second", then you predict the margin of victory in a game that won't end for another 72 hours? You can't even take your own advice.

As far as margins of victory, it's more shortsighted analysis. The Ravens have a better D than the Jets and both have better D's than Cincy. That has more to do with the margin of victory than Dick Jauron.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I like Dick.

that has nothing to do with Peter King or football, but don't worry- we promise not to tell Mrs. BAM. And Congress says we can't discriminate against you, so it's all good.

justasportsfan
11-08-2007, 02:51 PM
what was OP record prediction?

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 02:56 PM
what was OP record prediction?

I think my early prediction was 7-9 then I revised it to 6-10 when we had so many injuries right before the season started.

At this point I'd have to say that finishing better than that is fairly likely, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that my original predictions were correct.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 03:04 PM
You say "take nothing for granted until the last second", then you predict the margin of victory in a game that won't end for another 72 hours? You can't even take your own advice.

I am not a player that must learn that every second counts and to take nothing for granted. I do not affect the outcome of the game. I do feel comfortable in my assessment that we will beat the fins handily, henceforth my 80,000 ZB ber with F. Tony. I know that my place on the sideline is to watch and study right now. You somehow think that the coaching staff plays to lose all the time but they don't. They take calculated risks (some too far) but when the risk pays off it's brilliance and when it doesn't their goats.

When you weigh in the fact that our fielded team is short this many starter's and yet we are still improving and have a decent chance to make postseason play, that's where the praise for DJ and crew must come in. Losing to Denver sucked and we should of won that's true. If you just seen your best friend almost die next to you and then have to go out there and win, well that's just tough.

These guys have been through alot and are pulling together as a team and getting better including coaching. Give Some F-in credit where it's due and stop shi--ing on our team.

justasportsfan
11-08-2007, 03:05 PM
I think my early prediction was 7-9 then I revised it to 6-10 when we had so many injuries right before the season started.

At this point I'd have to say that finishing better than that is fairly likely, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that my original predictions were correct.
so it's 6-10. We shall see if the moronic coach either meets or surpasses you expectation again.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 03:08 PM
I am not a player that must learn that every second counts and to take nothing for granted. I do not effect the outcome of the game. I do feel comfortable in my assessment that we will beat them handily. See that's the difference between you and me, I know that my place on the sideline is to watch and study right now. You somehow think that the coaching staff plays to lose all the time but they don't. They take calculated risks (some too far) but when the risk pays off it's brilliance and when it doesn't their goats.

When you weigh in the fact that our fielded team is short this many starter's and yet we are still improving and have a decent chance to make postseason play, that's where the praise for DJ and crew must come in. Losing to Denver sucked and we should of won that's true. If you just seen your best friend almost die next to you and then have to go out there and win, well that's just tough.

These guys have been through alot and are pulling together as a team and getting better including coaching. Give Some F-in credit where it's due and stop shi--ing on our team.

They take calculated risks but they do the calculations wrong. They're goats a lot more than they're brilliant. And we don't have a decent shot at making the post-season. We have at best an outside shot at making the post-season.

I'll stop ****ting on the team when they win something meaningful. So far all we've done is blow two winnable games and beat some weak teams (I'm not complaining about the wins- I'm just saying that despite the wins the team still has a lot to prove).

Yeah, they've done some things right. But is it good enough? The answer is no, or at least not yet. So, until that answer changes, stop with this "our coaches deserve so much credit", "coach of the year" bull****.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 03:09 PM
so it's 6-10. We shall see if the moronic coach either meets or surpasses you expectation again.

why is it about my expectations? The goal is to make the playoffs and eventually win the SB. So far we're not even close on either front.

justasportsfan
11-08-2007, 03:12 PM
why is it about my expectations? The goal is to make the playoffs and eventually win the SB. So far we're not even close on either front.

I know what the goal is. I'm just trying to see if you're overreacting as usual. A moron wouldn't even meet your expectation especially under the circumstances. You were very critical of the offseson moves which led you to a 6-7 win prediction. Now lets see if those whines had merit.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, they've done some things right. But is it good enough? The answer is no, or at least not yet. So, until that answer changes, stop with this "our coaches deserve so much credit", "coach of the year" bull****.

It's fairly obvious that you do not own your own business and have never had to deal with a staff. If you think that one person can control what 50 some players are doing and a whole group of coaches every second during the game, your crazy. You say DJ has to do something about Fairchild, he must. Do you realize during the game there is a plan in place and they try to execute it as well as possible? These guys are making halftime adjustments and mixing it up alot more than in the past yet this isn't good for you. The margins of victory are widening every week, yet we failed to win 2 winnable games.

OP, winners don't choke on the past to move forward in the future. They remember not to repeat what they did wrong and to always try to go forward and win. It's been our D's motto and they have moved from dead last to almost in the middle of the league. Our O put a good amount of points on the board against cinci, the NYJ, Baltimore and in the long run we won because of all of those field goals, game over.

My best advice to you is work on getting a businesss started and hiring a staff of a few dozen, then get back to us people who know better when you get a little experience. Until then, STFU.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 03:25 PM
It's fairly obvious that you do not own your own business and have never had to deal with a staff. If you think that one person can control what 50 some players are doing and a whole group of coaches every second during the game, your crazy. You say DJ has to do something about Fairchild, he must. Do you realize during the game there is a plan in place and they try to execute it as well as possible? These guys are making halftime adjustments and mixing it up alot more than in the past yet this isn't good for you. The margins of victory are widening every week, yet we failed to win 2 winnable games.

OP, winners don't choke on the past to move forward in the future. They remember not to repeat what they did wrong and to always try to go forward and win. It's been our D's motto and they have moved from dead last to almost in the middle. Our O put a good amount of points on the board and in the long run we won because of all of those field goals, game over.

My best advice to you is work on getting a businesss started and hiring a staff of a few dozen, then get back to us people who know better when you get a little experience. Until then, STFU.

And if you think a whole team of people can do a good job with inept management, you're crazy. It's going on at my job right now- the team is working their asses off but some people up the chain are making asinine decisions and putting us in a position where it's damn near impossible to succeed. If this project works, it will be in spite of management and not because of it.

What does a game plan have to do with any of this? First, the game plan has to be good enough in the first place. Second, it's stupid to stick to a game plan if it's not working. The existence of or adherence to a game plan does not determine good coaching.

I'm not choking on the past- I'm trying to take Jauron's entire performance into consideration when evaluating him. You own your own business? Well, if you have an employee who slacked from January-October and cost you $100,000 in income, then had a great November and December and made $20k, do you give him a great evaluation and ignore the 10 months of sucking, or do you take the entire year into account? Overall, he's still $80k in the hole.

So Jauron won 4 games with a bunch of scrubs. He also cost us two games. You can't evaluate him without taking both into consideration, and I don't see how anyone who directly cost the team two games and almost managed to blow the Jets and Ravens games should be considered coach of the year.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 03:30 PM
And if you think a whole team of people can do a good job with inept management, you're crazy. It's going on at my job right now- the team is working their asses off but some people up the chain are making asinine decisions and putting us in a position where it's damn near impossible to succeed. If this project works, it will be in spite of management and not because of it.

What does a game plan have to do with any of this? First, the game plan has to be good enough in the first place. Second, it's stupid to stick to a game plan if it's not working. The existence of or adherence to a game plan does not determine good coaching.

I'm not choking on the past- I'm trying to take Jauron's entire performance into consideration when evaluating him. You own your own business? Well, if you have an employee who slacked from January-October and cost you $100,000 in income, then had a great November and December and made $20k, do you give him a great evaluation and ignore the 10 months of sucking, or do you take the entire year into account? Overall, he's still $80k in the hole.

So Jauron won 3 games with a bunch of scrubs. He also cost us two games. You can't evaluate him without taking both into consideration, and I don't see how anyone who directly cost the team two games and almost managed to blow the Jets and Ravens games should be considered coach of the year.

Your projecting your miserable life at work on us here, I knew it. I F-in knew it. I have some advice for you, quit your job. As a matter of fact we will all take up a collection here just to hold you over. It will allow us to all keep our sanity as you are losing yours.

Dude, this is so dead to right obvious to me. I do RE for a living and have to read people and I knew it was a work related problem that your rehashing on the bills to vent about, can you say pegged?

I have a few mistakes which cost me alot more than that in income but I didn't grab the gun and dwell on it. I went out and made multiple times more than I lost for myself and moved forward. Your dwelling on your manager's inability to move on yet you stay knowing that things are going wrong. Go another direction kid, away from where you are. Get a different line of work and be happy. Your really killing everyone on here and alot of us know the worst side of our happyness will be shown to us by you, it's sad actually.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Your projecting your miserable life at work on us here, I knew it. I F-in knew it. I have some advice for you, quit your job. As a matter of fact we will all take up a collection here just to hold you over. It will allow us to all keep our sanity as you are losing yours.

Dude, this is so dead to right obvious to me. I do RE for a living and have to read people and I knew it was a work related problem that your rehashing on the bills to vent about, can you say pegged?

nice try, skoob.

Some of my biggest fights with Justa were before last season, and at the time we were between contracts and I was literally getting paid to do nothing.

Yeah, I'm a little extra pissy lately because work sucks, but my attitude about this team is due entirely to their own performance (or lack thereof).

Now are you going to try to psychoanalyze me, or are you going to discuss football?

justasportsfan
11-08-2007, 03:34 PM
nice try, skoob.

Some of my biggest fights with Justa were before last season,
Wasn't me.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 03:35 PM

So Jauron won 4 games with a bunch of scrubs. He also cost us two games. You can't evaluate him without taking both into consideration, and I don't see how anyone who directly cost the team two games and almost managed to blow the Jets and Ravens games should be considered coach of the year.

One other small thing, remember how you always say how do you know me and I am not like this outside of here?? If you think it and express here, you live it. It's like I am reading a book of pent up frustration on you everyday, it's really frustrating.

Back to football.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 03:37 PM
One other small thing, remember how you always say how do you know me and I am not like this outside of here?? If you think it and express here, you live it. It's like I am reading a book of pent up frustration on you everyday, it's really frustrating.

if you don't have pent up frustration for this team, you're not a fan.

Are we going to get back to football or are you going to continue to try to psychoanalyze me?

acehole
11-08-2007, 03:52 PM

OP, winners don't choke on the past to move forward in the future. They remember not to repeat what they did wrong and to always try to go forward and win. It's been our D's motto and they have moved from dead last to almost in the middle of the league. Our O put a good amount of points on the board against cinci, the NYJ, Baltimore and in the long run we won because of all of those field goals, game over.

Aside of Albany Ny nobody can every figure out what the hell you say?

Their job is not only to motivate these guys but find weaknesses and build a stragity and impliment that. Not only that you have to make the team believe in that plan. I am the first to admit I did not like him...he looked bush league. Considering all things this team (What is left of them) are playing had for him. I think fairchild blew the Denver and Cowboys game on his back...yes Trend Edwards threw the pick but calling a long pass there was just stupid.....they could have gotten at least 3 there...the denver game seemed to be Fewell fault as well for calling the prevent...we needed one second people. Those game I believe were lost on coaching. Now it goes both ways...if they can steal us 2 other games well then fine...this whole season seems to be about second chances. So I am giving Juron a chance. I think he handled the QB situation perfectly...both players are playing well and he will be able to go back and forth and have excuses to do so...he has managed to take both sides of the issue with the precision of a shemale NY Democrat running for President.

BillsOverDolphins
11-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm not a big Jauron fan, but, like many others have already stated in this thread, I admire how he still has these guys playing hard. Look at Cam Cameron, Eric Mangini (who made the playoffs last year), Andy Reid, etc---their teams have quit on them. To pick a team up from 1-4 and coming off the most devastating loss in years is no small feat. His decison-making has been very spotty, but he's done a decent job given the circumstances

Cntrygal
11-08-2007, 04:16 PM

That was my first thought!!! My second thought was that this is probably like the SI Curse!!!

ublinkwescore
11-08-2007, 05:13 PM
see my previous post about the 1st and goal.

Not to mention Reed was turning inside on EVERY run and broadcasting it. And they did the same "Pull Lynch for Thomas in passing situations" garbage- and it didn't work. The offensive play calling is still too predictable. Even on Lynch's TD run, the D had the play totally sniffed out and Lynch broke 2 tackles to make it work.

Isn't that a sign of good coaching though? If you can tire a D out so much by making them take snaps that you can literally not have to try to keep a pokerface with your playcalling and still execute the play with the D knowing what's going on?

Don't get me wrong Op, I still want Jauron out of town - but he's still got a chance to save his job too - if he gets us into the playoffs.

OpIv37
11-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Isn't that a sign of good coaching though? If you can tire a D out so much by making them take snaps that you can literally not have to try to keep a pokerface with your playcalling and still execute the play with the D knowing what's going on?

Don't get me wrong Op, I still want Jauron out of town - but he's still got a chance to save his job too - if he gets us into the playoffs.

I suppose that's one argument. I'll give them credit for sticking with the run the last two games- that's something they've failed to do in the past.

Overall, though, the playcalling has been hack.

YardRat
11-08-2007, 06:39 PM
1-Peter King is a jerk-off.

2-It's way too early to include Jauron in any coach of the year conversations.

3-The coaching staff, specifically Jauron, deserve a helluva lot more credit than they've been getting, especially around here. To have the team at 4-4 at mid-season, considering everything that has happened thus far, is a minor miracle and they deserve kudos for the achievement.

TigerJ
11-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Jauron has made some game management mistakes in his coaching, but to this point I think the positives outweigh the negatives. Two games into the season, before Jauron even had a chance to make many game management mistakes, national observers were predicting 0-16. He's done something right.

Bufftp
11-08-2007, 07:01 PM
are you going to continue to try to psychoanalyze me?
No, I don't have six lifetimes. ;)