PDA

View Full Version : I must be coming down with homercitis

patmoran2006
11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Having a difficult time right now finding alot of negative things to say about this team.

* I blasted Jauron to no end, yet the talk around the league is he is becoming a candidate for coach of the year.

* I thought the secondary was a joke yet McGee and especially Greer are forming a solid combo.

* I absolutely despise Langston Walker and for the most part, still do---- yet if you watch the games he's looked pretty good and was totally dominant against Cinci.

* I've called McCargo a bust (admit it, you have to) yet lately, especially since the Baltimore game, he's becoming a force, and that's with limited playing time.

* I thought and still think Lee Evans should STFU, but you know what- since he's opened his mouth he's backed it up with his best games of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a full-fledged Homer'maniac by any means, and there's still plenty I don't like, but come on. You have to be a true ******* if you can't find plenty of positive things about this football team right now.

They could've folded early in the season after that start, just like a lot of fans did to the team... But WTF, they're 4-1 since and should be 5-0 and the REALITY is they are one win away vs a terrible Miami team from being dead smack in a playoff race.

Do I think they're a playoff team? No, I dont. But if you woulda told me a month ago we'd be talking playoffs instead of Brohm/Dorsey I'd say you were crazy. Given the injuries, inconsistent QB play and a lack of talent at certain positions, this organization as a whole is doing a tremendous job, and if you disagree you must really be a pot-stirring douche bag.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Given the injuries, inconsistent QB play and a lack of talent at certain positions, this organization as a whole is doing a tremendous job, and if you disagree you must really be a pot-stirring douche bag.

Cue OP.................

billsburgh
11-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Cue OP.................
and WYS

BAM
11-08-2007, 02:08 PM
William J. Snicklesheetz agrees. :clap:

Ed
11-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Having a difficult time right now finding alot of negative things to say about this team.

* I blasted Jauron to no end, yet the talk around the league is he is becoming a candidate for coach of the year.

* I thought the secondary was a joke yet McGee and especially Greer are forming a solid combo.

* I absolutely despise Langston Walker and for the most part, still do---- yet if you watch the games he's looked pretty good and was totally dominant against Cinci.

* I've called McCargo a bust (admit it, you have to) yet lately, especially since the Baltimore game, he's becoming a force, and that's with limited playing time.

* I thought and still think Lee Evans should STFU, but you know what- since he's opened his mouth he's backed it up with his best games of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a full-fledged Homer'maniac by any means, and there's still plenty I don't like, but come on. You have to be a true ******* if you can't find plenty of positive things about this football team right now.

They could've folded early in the season after that start, just like a lot of fans did to the team... But WTF, they're 4-1 since and should be 5-0 and the REALITY is they are one win away vs a terrible Miami team from being dead smack in a playoff race.

Do I think they're a playoff team? No, I dont. But if you woulda told me a month ago we'd be talking playoffs instead of Brohm/Dorsey I'd say you were crazy. Given the injuries, inconsistent QB play and a lack of talent at certain positions, this organization as a whole is doing a tremendous job, and if you disagree you must really be a pot-stirring douche bag.
I have to agree. Considering no one really gave us a chance this year to do anything, and most people were scared we might start the season 0-5 even without the injuries, it's hard to understand what some people are so angry and negative about. Especially considering we're on a 3 game winning streak. Something we haven't done in 3 years.

I guess the only negative thing I could say about this team right now, is that I really don't like the rumors about Ralph putting his nose into the coaching and personell decisions. They may not be true, but if they are that would really annoy me.

LtBillsFan66
11-08-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm going to bump this thread after the NE game. :D

Pride
11-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm going to bump this thread after the NE game. :D

Just so long as we dont have reason to bump it after the Miami Game :nervous:

LtBillsFan66
11-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Just so long as we dont have reason to bump it after the Miami Game :nervous:

You said it, not me. :nervous:

BidsJr
11-08-2007, 02:57 PM
and if you disagree you must really be a pot-stirring douche bag.

You did and you were.:bf1:

gil
11-08-2007, 03:39 PM
good post, Pat.

from where we were, this record is nothing but a minor miracle.

I'm actually starting to trust this team, especially the D.

Dr. Lecter
11-08-2007, 03:46 PM

I think you and I argued this point a few times. :D

Mr. Cynical
11-08-2007, 04:29 PM
and WYS
...and me. :snicker:

Not that this is a surprise to anyone but I'm still not on board yet. The only real team we've played this season is Dallas (and to give credit where it's due, we should have won it). The Jets/ Bungles suck, and the Broncos and Ravens completely overrated (look who they beat).

If we beat Miami, same thing. Good to get the W, but not a reality check. If we play the Cheatriots tough (even if we lose) that will say more (to me) about where this team is than the Ws against crappy teams.

patmoran2006
11-08-2007, 05:32 PM
...and me. :snicker:

Not that this is a surprise to anyone but I'm still not on board yet. The only real team we've played this season is Dallas (and to give credit where it's due, we should have won it). The Jets/ Bungles suck, and the Broncos and Ravens completely overrated (look who they beat).

If we beat Miami, same thing. Good to get the W, but not a reality check. If we play the Cheatriots tough (even if we lose) that will say more (to me) about where this team is than the Ws against crappy teams.
a team and its perception shouldn't be penalized for playing teams with losing records.

When the schedule came out, didn't we have one of if not the toughest schedule in the league based on last year? Three of our wins (Jets twice, Baltimore) came against playoff teams last year.

A win is win, and they're learning how to put the lesser teams away. That comes first.

I'll be the first to admit. Before the season, I predicted the team would win 4 games.. for the season.

Yasgur's Farm
11-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Bengals have been a playoff participant or threat as well over the past 3 seasons.

Yasgur's Farm
11-08-2007, 05:38 PM
A win is win, and they're learning how to put the lesser teams away. That comes first.I think the same grace needs to be extended to a young QB as well... No matter which one it is.

patmoran2006
11-08-2007, 05:47 PM
I think the same grace needs to be extended to a young QB as well... No matter which one it is.
not going to go into that with Losman. 30 starts or whatever is enough time. He's got another shot against an 0-8 Miami team. If he blows it, he's done as a Bill for good.

Mr. Cynical
11-08-2007, 08:29 PM
I'll be the first to admit. Before the season, I predicted the team would win 4 games.. for the season.
I didn't want to say this but.....nice jinx.... :;

TigerJ
11-08-2007, 09:10 PM
You could hang out with Wys Guy. I'm sure he could cure you of your recent bout with positivity.

MTBillsFan
11-08-2007, 09:32 PM
The team is playing pretty freakin awesome right now! As for using Marsha and the Cheatirots as a measuring stick and saying if we lose to them the season is over just doesn't seem right (Indys season ain't over) That team is going to beat the poo out of a lot of good teams. HOWEVER, Bellicheat and the rest of his band of scum bags are due for a loss!

GO BILLS!!

Philagape
11-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I predicted 8-8, and they're on pace for that.

And how does it matter in any way which of our opponents made the playoffs last or any other year? The Jets and Bengals aren't going this year, and the Ravens look doubtful too.