PDA

View Full Version : IF we were to redraft today the Bills would select:

Devin
11-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Round 1: Jon Beason, MLB
Round 2: Brian Leonard, RB/FB

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3098817

He didnt knock our picks he just had Lynch going earlier, so I guess technically that speaks well for our choices in the real draft. I dont mind the Beason pick, hes had a solid year as well.

Leonard has spelled jackson well. I dont dig it as much as our actual draft but it isnt to bad.

gil
11-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I guess I agree, but I think this writer has waaayyy too much time on his hands.

Devin
11-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Todd McShay is from Scouts Inc I believe. I maybe wrong I dont remember. Hes not normally to bad.

gr8slayer
11-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Glad we got an elite player in Lynch.

DraftBoy
11-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Todd McShay is from Scouts Inc I believe. I maybe wrong I dont remember. Hes not normally to bad.

Correct, and he's pretty good in his evals for the most part

I dont mind the redraft, but agreed its not as good as our actual picks

Don't Panic
11-08-2007, 03:36 PM
That's funny... I had Willis/Leonard with Beason being my second choice with our #1 before the draft. That's alright, hindsight has shown that Lynch/Poz was definitely the way to go.

Mr. Pink
11-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I think we did much better in this original draft than this "do-over"

I however like the do-over better for the Browns...taking AP at 3rd overall and then Ugoh with the other pick. However, no way do the Browns trade up that far and give up that much to get Ugoh.

AP and Ugoh though is better than Thomas-Quinn IMO

patmoran2006
11-08-2007, 05:38 PM
I think we did much better in this original draft than this "do-over"

I however like the do-over better for the Browns...taking AP at 3rd overall and then Ugoh with the other pick. However, no way do the Browns trade up that far and give up that much to get Ugoh.

AP and Ugoh though is better than Thomas-Quinn IMO
Tough to say. AP may end up being the best player in the NFL.

But you dont find a pro bowl tackle everyday either... and to my knowledge, Joe Thomas hasn't given up a single sack since the Derek Anderson era began, no?

That's pretty damn impressive for a rookie.

patmoran2006
11-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Looking at the list and the reasoning along with it, I can't disagree with any of the picks.

So far the only team that looks REALLY ******ED FOR THEIR ORIGINAL PICK IS MIAMI.. Who could've had LB Patrick Willis (among league leaders in tackles) or DT Amobi Okoye (5 sacks) to bolster a sorry defense instead of a glorified kick returner/#3 WR in Ted Ginn.

Forget the 'three year' waiting period. What a stupid pick.

Yasgur's Farm
11-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Congrats for Lynch and Edwards moving up from reallity... I get the feeling Poz would be even higher as well if he didn't get injurred.

Good draft Marv!!

Mr. Pink
11-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Tough to say. AP may end up being the best player in the NFL.

But you dont find a pro bowl tackle everyday either... and to my knowledge, Joe Thomas hasn't given up a single sack since the Derek Anderson era began, no?

That's pretty damn impressive for a rookie.

I've really warmed on Joe Thomas. When looking at the top 3 rookies in the NFL right now It's AP, Lynch, Thomas without hesitation. But damn, AP is all that was advertised and more.

Thomas legitimately has a shot at making the pro-bowl as a Starter at LT as a freakin rookie. That's unheard of insane in my opinion.

And you know how much I absolutely hate Quinn. I'm doing cartwheels because DA is looking better and better. He's an RFA so they need to give him a first round tender. If someone offers him something ridiculous, you kinda have no choice but to take it and run. I'm hopeful that something can be worked out long term with him and Brady is traded away though.

And that right there is the main reason I prefer AP-Ugoh over Thomas-Quinn.

Two studs instead of one on a young building team is worth it every time.

The Jokeman
11-08-2007, 06:32 PM
That's funny... I had Willis/Leonard with Beason being my second choice with our #1 before the draft. That's alright, hindsight has shown that Lynch/Poz was definitely the way to go.
Hindsight might be that Lynch and staying put in Round 2 and taking David Harris might have been the way to go. I know he's playing in a different defense with the Jets but he's racked up 41 tackles the last two weeks.

YardRat
11-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Interesting that Edwards only moved up to #43 (Detroit) and he still has Quinn, Kolb, and Beck drafted ahead of him.

TigerJ
11-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Lynch is without a doubt a better pick, but in Shay's defense, Lynch is taken before the Bills can draft him in this redraft. Beason is the best available at a need position.

Elminster
11-08-2007, 06:57 PM
I've really warmed on Joe Thomas. When looking at the top 3 rookies in the NFL right now It's AP, Lynch, Thomas without hesitation. But damn, AP is all that was advertised and more.

Thomas legitimately has a shot at making the pro-bowl as a Starter at LT as a freakin rookie. That's unheard of insane in my opinion.

And you know how much I absolutely hate Quinn. I'm doing cartwheels because DA is looking better and better. He's an RFA so they need to give him a first round tender. If someone offers him something ridiculous, you kinda have no choice but to take it and run. I'm hopeful that something can be worked out long term with him and Brady is traded away though.

And that right there is the main reason I prefer AP-Ugoh over Thomas-Quinn.

Two studs instead of one on a young building team is worth it every time. Well, hopefully you can sucker some one into giving you a juicy pick package for Quinn. If we were dumb enough to cough up a bunch for Robosack, I'd figure some one would pony up for Brady Quinn.

eyedog
11-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Detroit would have taken Peterson on a do-over.

patmoran2006
11-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Detroit would have taken Peterson on a do-over.
I dont think so.
Calvin Johnson is going to be amazing.

camelcowboy
11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Todd McShay is from Scouts Inc I believe. I maybe wrong I dont remember. Hes not normally to bad.he did nothing but rip the bills for picking Lynch because he was a "character risk" I guess It only took 8 games to change his mind.

eyedog
11-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I dont think so.
Calvin Johnson is going to be amazing.

Probably so.
Peterson is already amazing.

LtFinFan66
11-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Looking at the list and the reasoning along with it, I can't disagree with any of the picks.

So far the only team that looks REALLY ******ED FOR THEIR ORIGINAL PICK IS MIAMI.. Who could've had LB Patrick Willis (among league leaders in tackles) or DT Amobi Okoye (5 sacks) to bolster a sorry defense instead of a glorified kick returner/#3 WR in Ted Ginn.

Forget the 'three year' waiting period. What a stupid pick.Coming off a season with real good defensive play and crappy offensive play I don't see how you can justify your stupid post. We needed offense at the time. Who knew then our D would fall so much so quickly. Hind sight is always 20-20.....except for an obvious football genius such as yourself apparently

Jan Reimers
11-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah, Leonard is way better than Lynch, and we should have known that Poz would break his arm.

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Leonard is a puss. He runs scared. I'm not impressed with him at all.

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2007, 09:56 AM
In hindsight, anyone who would pass up Peterson now is a moron.

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Leonard is a puss. He runs scared. I'm not impressed with him at all.
Yeah, and it just doesn't look right seeing a white guy running the football.

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 10:02 AM
In hindsight, anyone who would pass up Peterson now is a moron.
We'll know in three years. I still think that Lynch will be a better long-term RB.

raphael120
11-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Man that wouldve been a ****ty draft if thats how it worked out. Lynch and Poz are going to be very good ball players for us.

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Man that wouldve been a ****ty draft if thats how it worked out. Lynch and Poz are going to be very good ball players for us.
If Posluszny can stay healthy :ill:

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I guess I agree, but I think this writer has waaayyy too much time on his hands.

I agree with you, a re-draft? How stupid.

Akhippo
11-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Whats wrong with a redraft. Its better than talking pat/colts for the next 8 weeks. It just goes to prove that the Bills got 3 good players and that a redraft would have sucked for us.
And that Ginn is still the laughing stock pick.
That with the over his head Cameron puts them even further down the rebuilding ladder.