PDA

View Full Version : Bills Help From Downstate

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Hall-of-Fame quarterback Jim Kelly is talking about putting together a team of investors to buy the Buffalo Bills. He is also re-visiting the idea of a new waterfront stadium with a retractable roof downtown. Now a key member of the state legislature in Albany says he supports that idea.

Senate Minority Leader Malcolm Smith says Western New York has supported the floating of bonds for new stadiums in the New York City area, "and we should do the same," he says, for Buffalo. The democratic leader is from Queens. "I think it's an idea whose time has come," said Smith, adding that "I think we can involve corporate America, Citicorp, we can involve J.P. Morgan Chase and let them know that doing something like that for Downtown Buffalo is exactly what Downtown Buffalo needs. Smith was in Buffalo pushing his "One New York" program which emphasizes funding in a more broad approach.

State Senator Antoine Thompson, who first put the idea of a waterfront stadium out there a couple of years ago says he has put it on a wish list that he submitted to the governor. "I do know we need to start planning and move toward getting a stadium downtown," he said. Senator Thompson says it's important to plant the seed now, so that when push comes to shove, work is already in place for the funding.

Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn, who is also with the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation says a stadium would be only one piece of the puzzle. But he welcomes the dialogue this opens up.

As for who could buy the team, it is clear a couple of retired NFL quarterbacks couldn't go it alone. Jim Kelly says he does have interested investors, guys with the cash. To give you an idea just how much it would cost: Forbes list the Bills team value at 821 million dollars. Remember, Ralph Wilson purchased the team in 1959 for $25,000. The Bills are ranked 27th in value. According to Forbes, the Dallas Cowboys are valued at 1.5 billion dollars.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=52623

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 05:39 PM
:bf1: Go Jimbo.

G. Host
11-08-2007, 06:31 PM
According to Forbes, the Dallas Cowboys are valued at 1.5 billion dollars.

I'd like to see Jerry Jones die so we could find out if that estimate is true or just grossly inflated.

mikemac2001
11-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I'd like to see Jerry Jones die so we could find out if that estimate is true or just grossly inflated.

:bf1:

Id also like to see jerry jones die

TigerJ
11-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Maybe JP Morgan will pay big endorsement bucks since Buffalo's QB has the Same initials. JP Losman playuing in JP stadium! It could happen. OK, I suppose not.

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 09:16 PM

Seems like as good a reason as any.

Luisito23
11-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Id also like to see jerry jones die

What a classless post....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

DMBcrew36
11-08-2007, 09:35 PM

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

I recall Jerry Jones having said rotten things about Buffalo in the past.

mikemac2001
11-08-2007, 10:20 PM

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

Thanks