PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know...

Lexwhat
11-09-2007, 12:58 AM
I have an honest question...

Does anyone know how London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Nate Clements, and Darwin Walker have been doing?

I did look up the stats myself, but I was curious if anyone has actually seen any of them play this year?

- London Fletcher has some nice stats, but is he only making downfield tackles in Wash. just like he did here? Is he making any game-changing plays?

- Takeo Spikes's stats look pretty bad. Maybe he will never recover from his injury. Has anyone seem him play this year?

- Darwin Walker only has 9 tackles this year and 0 sacks. In his last 4 games, he only has 3 tackles. Of course, it is hard to judge a DT by his stats, which is why I am asking. Tommie Harris looks like he is having a monster year, but Walker doesn't seem to be benifitting from that, and the Bears defense isn't playing that well overall.

- Nate Clements isn't doing much in the weakest division in football. His team has also lost 6 games in a row...

Anyone?

Bills4Life83
11-09-2007, 02:02 AM
London Fletcher has had a few big games. He had an INT for a touchdown a few weeks ago and is leading the team in tackles I think.

Clements is doing decent, but that defense spends so much time on the field because of that annemic offense, its hard to shut anyone down.

I dont really know about the other two.

mybills
11-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Didn't London just get hurt? Maybe last week?

alohabillsfan
11-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Darwin Walker - Bears - 3-5 Last place in Div
Takeo Spikes - Eagles - 3-5 Last Place in Div
Nate Clements - SF - 2-6 3rd in Div (St Louis last)
London Fletcher - Skins - 5-3 3rd in Div Eagles in last

Thats how they are doing!

OpIv37
11-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Fletcher is having a great year in DC. Gibbs said he was the best money the team has ever spent.

Ickybaluky
11-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Fletcher is having a heck of a year in Washington, doing the same stuff he has done since coming into the NFL. He is an underrated player.

Clements is having a good year. SF is playing pretty well defensively, but they can't score at all. He isn't worth what they paid him, but he is a top CB.

The others are not making much of an impact. Spikes still starts, but is a shell of his former self. Walker is a bit overrated. He has some pass rush skills, but isn't an impact defender and never has been.

Jan Reimers
11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Even with our injuries, I don't think the Bills miss any of them too much. Our young guys are getting a chance to grow and develop.

OpIv37
11-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Even with our injuries, I don't think the Bills miss any of them too much. Our young guys are getting a chance to grow and develop.

The biggest surprise is Clements. I always thought he was good but overrated, and I never would have guessed that McGee, Greer, Youboty and K Thomas could come in with no noticable drop off in play (in fact, in several games you could argue they played better- keeping TJ and Chad in check for the most part is no small accomplishment).

Mahdi
11-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Walker was a huge downgrade to the Bears run D. They are below us now at 26.

Clements has helped out SF's pass D a lot but they need more help on their front 7.

Fletcher is doing for Washington what he used to do for us behind Big Pat and Sam. He was meant for that type of D, not ours.

Spikes is just a stop gap player for Philly right now. He's no longer an impact player. Then again I think he is playing SLB which is much less glorified than the weakside. Philly is 7th against the run so he must be at least playing solid.

Jan Reimers
11-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Poor TKO. He keeps moving to playoff-caliber teams, but they never make the playoffs.

The Answer
11-09-2007, 11:21 AM
What about mcgahee?

He's having an MVP calibur year don't you think?

~The Answer

TedMock
11-09-2007, 11:26 AM
My boss is from Philly and I just asked him about TKO. He said "he hasn't done a damn thing." I haven't seen him play but one game this year, so I don't personally have an opinion. Fletcher looks good so far and McGahee is having a decent year.

The Answer
11-09-2007, 11:42 AM
My boss is from Philly and I just asked him about TKO. He said "he hasn't done a damn thing." I haven't seen him play but one game this year, so I don't personally have an opinion. Fletcher looks good so far and McGahee is having a decent year.

Unfortunately TKO is finished in this league - he just has too much pride and passion to realize that.

~The Answer

Lexwhat
11-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Fletcher is having a heck of a year in Washington, doing the same stuff he has done since coming into the NFL. He is an underrated player.

Clements is having a good year. SF is playing pretty well defensively, but they can't score at all. He isn't worth what they paid him, but he is a top CB.

The others are not making much of an impact. Spikes still starts, but is a shell of his former self. Walker is a bit overrated. He has some pass rush skills, but isn't an impact defender and never has been.

Yea, I will miss London. Although, as another poster said, he probally wouldn't do much in this defense the way it's built (I'm sure you know that though).

I feel bad for Spikes - he was one of my all-time favorites. Who knows, maybe he'll end up in New England in a few years and win a championship (it really pains me to say that).

Thanks for the info...

Lexwhat
11-09-2007, 10:20 PM
The biggest surprise is Clements. I always thought he was good but overrated, and I never would have guessed that McGee, Greer, Youboty and K Thomas could come in with no noticable drop off in play (in fact, in several games you could argue they played better- keeping TJ and Chad in check for the most part is no small accomplishment).

That's true. I was dreading our LB and CB situation in the offseason. It seems that those positions have worked out okay for now...

I was mad when we didn't pay Walker, but I guess it looks like a good move now. The only other defensive move I didn't like is paying all that money to Kelsey, and then topping that by paying all that money to Schobel. I don't think either player is worth his contract...

Lexwhat
11-09-2007, 10:21 PM

Thanks for the info!