PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins could stage a turnaround - the Bills did

YardRat
11-09-2007, 05:20 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-11-08-3796811251_x.htm

Call them crazy, but the Miami Dolphins remain optimistic they'll win a game this year - maybe even more than one.

Heck, the Dolphins say they might win Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. And they figure a single victory could trigger a turnaround in this sorrowful season.

"Our main focus is to get one," receiver Marty Booker said. "We feel if we get one, it's amazing what confidence will do. Everybody goes, 'Hey, we can get used to this,' and it snowballs. That's what we're looking for."

Miami is 0-8, halfway to the NFL's first 0-16 season, but this week's opponent provides a reminder of how quickly things can change. Five weeks into the season, the Bills were plagued by injuries, mired in a quarterback controversy and 1-4.

Buffalo has since won three games in a row.

-------------------------------------------

A couple of comments that stood out to me...

"I've been extremely impressed with what Losman has done the last couple of weeks," Dolphins coach Cam Cameron said. "That will show you a little bit of what quarterback competition can do if handled the right way."

And once the Dolphins get a win, look out: A 2-14 finish becomes a real possibility.

Night Train
11-09-2007, 05:39 AM
They can wait a week.

Just for laughs, let's destroy them.

alohabillsfan
11-09-2007, 08:05 AM
and....

dannyek71
11-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Lets run up the score. 100-0. Give Bellicheat something to think about.

alohabillsfan
11-09-2007, 03:36 PM
The only reason the Bills win this game is to give the Realist Fans the opportunity to start yet another thread of...

Ya, but who have they beaten....

OpIv37
11-09-2007, 03:53 PM
The only reason the Bills win this game is to give the Realist Fans the opportunity to start yet another thread of...

Ya, but who have they beaten....

yeah well watch us win by a touchdown and all the idiot homers will start thinking that beating an 0-8 team means we can hang with the Patriots.

The Bills beat weak teams. That's fine- you can only play who's on the schedule and you should beat weak teams. A win is a win and we need every one that we can get. But it's hardly proof that we're ready to take on the big guns like the Patriots.

raphael120
11-09-2007, 04:14 PM
I've been listenin to WGR and I must say, you wonder why Schoop and the Bulldog seem ignorant, they deal with mental midgets calling into the show everyday goin off about buffalo and how we can be compared more to the Pats than we can the Dolphins and saying our running game is awesome and JP is awesome, gonna throw a deep ball to Jesus and even he is going to score a TD. Uhhhh, not exactly. I know we're winnin and we're doin good and winning, but I'd say if anything, we're middle of the pack and nothing more. It's amazing how many people get way carried away..

PhinsFan66
11-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Miami has lost several games by 3 points including an overtime loss by a field goal to the Washington Redskins. It's gonna suck on Sunday if you guys overlook the Phins and think you have it wrapped up just because the Phins are 0-8.

YardRat
11-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Yes, that would suck big nuts.

!Papacrunk!
11-09-2007, 07:02 PM
It's funny, in the past it seems like one (one of probably many) reason that Bills fans hate the Dolphins was because of the supposed poo don't stink overconfidence type attitude. I may be wrong, but I'm starting to see some of that attitude around here. Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer of "what goes around comes around" so maybe we're getting ours now, but I just wish some people around here realize they may be becoming what they previously hated lol j/k.

ON THE OTHER SIDE

It is refreshing to see other posts that can look at both sides to situations.

YardRat
11-09-2007, 07:07 PM
I'd much rather play an 8-0 team than an 0-8 team.