PDA

View Full Version : Bills aren't overlooking Dolphins

YardRat
11-09-2007, 05:25 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071109/SPORTS03/711090349/1007/SPORTS

Do the Bills fear a letdown against the 0-8 Dolphins, especially considering that the unbeaten New England Patriots are just around the corner the following Sunday?

Think about it: A team that was outscored 79-24 in opening the season with three losses, a team that was piled at the curb next to the blue recycling bin at One Bills Drive, is being credited with the right to overlook an opponent.

"We don't see it that way. We see it like we still have a lot of work to do," guard Derrick Dockery said. "I believe our leadership group will make us stay humble, stay focused."
That diligent approach, combined with the team's cohesiveness, is a primary reasons why the Bills overcame the 0-3 start and climbed to 4-4.

It's also why they say they're not worried about overconfidence.

"In past years, we probably would have," said Coy Wire, the defensive back converted to outside linebacker converted to middle linebacker. "With this group, it's not a question. We have guys that are here until 9 o'clock at night. We have groups of guys getting together on their own. The defensive backs and linebackers are meeting during the week; we have some fellowship and food, but we're also sitting in front of film and going over our game calls.

"Those types of things put us in position to be ready when the opportunity is there. Maybe before we weren't worthy of things to go our way."

Indeed, Dockery says preparation is critical to success.

"That's what I love about the NFL: It doesn't matter if you have no wins, you're 5-5 or you're undefeated," Dockery said. "If you don't come prepared, if you don't execute, you will be defeated."

LtFinFan66
11-09-2007, 05:27 AM
You always say the right thing. It comes down to actually believing it and playing like it on Sunday

Mitchy moo
11-09-2007, 06:07 AM
You always say the right thing. It comes down to actually believing it and playing like it on Sunday

And playing a team that has no QB, no run d, crap coaching and looks like they have 52 pages to play from and each player gets his own 1.

LtFinFan66
11-09-2007, 06:12 AM
No need to turn this into smack Skooby. Any given Sunday. If you believe the hype, that's when you lose. I was just making a valid point. Did I poke at the Bills....NO!

I forgot we also have to prepare for the 2 HOF QB's you guys bicker and ***** and whine about each and every week

Don't Panic
11-09-2007, 06:39 AM

I don't know... I've heard a lot of people say the wrong thing in my time!

Mitchy moo
11-09-2007, 06:46 AM
No need to turn this into smack Skooby. Any given Sunday. If you believe the hype, that's when you lose. I was just making a valid point. Did I poke at the Bills....NO!

I forgot we also have to prepare for the 2 HOF QB's you guys bicker and ***** and whine about each and every week

The Bills are far ahead in many ways then the fins. We we're ahead last year and have been slowly getting even better this year. No smack there, just reality. I'll be there to enjoy it as well.

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 06:47 AM
I wonder how the savior Joey Porter is working out for them :snicker:

LtFinFan66
11-09-2007, 06:47 AM
call it what you want. I stated a good valid point and you starting knocking the Fins. I can only hope the Bills players think like you do:up:

Don't Panic
11-09-2007, 06:50 AM
I'm not knocking the fins... I am very nervous about this game. Complacency is a natural human reaction, and we are due for a case of it. If Thomas is out, I think your chances are greatly diminished, but if he plays (effectively), I could see this being anyone's game.

mybills
11-09-2007, 06:54 AM
The bills players do, but Jauron & co. is another story. :D

LtFinFan66
11-09-2007, 06:58 AM
:huh:

mybills
11-09-2007, 07:11 AM
:huh:
ok, I have to explain. :cynic:

You said: You always say the right thing. It comes down to actually believing it and playing like it on Sunday.

Now, assuming you meant that because of what the players said.

I'm saying:

The players do believe/play like it...The coaches usually say one thing, then do something else.

get it now?

mybills
11-09-2007, 07:13 AM
p.s.
The dolphins will score some points like their other games. It's not like they've been shut out every single game. So I seriously doubt any one of the bills would look past this game.

don137
11-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Teams coming off bye weeks scare me. I do think Buffalo will not take the Dolphins lightly but I do think the Dolphins have a decent chance to win just because they are rested and have had a lot more time to prepare.