X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Matt Murphy = Torn Calf Muscle

Bills TE Matt Murphy tore his calf on Thursday.
    Murphy tore the calf while running a route in practice. He was used as a blocker behind starter Robert Royal.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Matt Murphy = Torn Calf Muscle

Time to find another TE to go with Royal & Gaines
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
      Time to find another TE to go with Royal & Gaines
      At this point, we'll probably have to look on eBay.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

torn calf? that sounds painful.
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• NorthCarBills
          • Jan 2006

Would be interested to hear from the likes of Draft Boy what early round TEs would be worth a pick, if any. Honestly, with the ambivalence over which position is most pressing need, a stellar TE or WR is increasingly becoming evident, especially in the red zone.

Comment

• Night Train
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by NorthCarBills
            Would be interested to hear from the likes of Draft Boy what early round TEs would be worth a pick, if any. Honestly, with the ambivalence over which position is most pressing need, a stellar TE or WR is increasingly becoming evident, especially in the red zone.
            Wisconsin has an awesome TE, Travis Beckum.

WR Brian Robiske of Ohio St. is 6-3, 200 and can really pluck the ball.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NorthCarBills
              Ask and you shall receive;

Dealing with only seniors for the moment the top TE I have is Martin Rucker out of Mizzou, he is a good blend of size and speed. He has great hands, and runs good routes. He is a decent blocker but could improve in that area. Next I have Fred Davis from USC, he is the top ranked TE by many others and will likely go before Rucker next April. He is a pure pass catching TE, he has good speed, great size and good leaping ability. His blocking needs more work than Rucker but he is a more polished receiver. Then there is Jon Carlson at ND, who has really struggled this season, but who on ND hasnt? He was my top pre-season TE but since has taken a shot to his stock for poor routes and poor blocking techniques. He has improved in recent weeks but he's going to need some time. Then the rawest of the senior TE's is Jacob Tamme from UK. But he is also probably the most athletic. He can burn LB one and one, and has the athleticism to go up for jump balls. His blocking, technique, and routes all need a good bit of work but he has a ton of potential.

There are three big name Juniors to watch to see if they come out;
              Martellus Bennet-Texas A&M-Guy can do it all, and would be a sure fire 1st Rounder
              Travis Beckum-Wisconsin-My personal favorite TE right now he is a 1st-2nd round type pick
              Chase Coffman-Missouri-Missouri is lucky to have two incredible TE's to throw to, he is a better receiver than Rucker.

Any questions?
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

If the Bills draft a TE on day one, I'll break my TV. It would be like a single-back offense drafting a FB on day one.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  If the Bills draft a TE on day one, I'll break my TV. It would be like a single-back offense drafting a FB on day one.
                  Like the Rams drafting Leonard?

Comment

• The Answer
                    The Plagiarist
                    • Mar 2007

The Answer thought we released Troy Vincent?

~The Answer

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

I'm happy with Royal, Schoeman and Gaines. I don't think we need to draft another.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
                        I'm happy with Royal, Schoeman and Gaines. I don't think we need to draft another.
                        I disagree, we need a athletic tight end who can stretch the field and give us size in the redzone. Schoeman is more of a H-back.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

I think we should take a look at Aaron Shea for the rest of the year. He's already done the H-back role in his career, so he knows the position and responsibilities.

That is if we decide to keep going with this system.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                            !?!?!?!?!?
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            I think we should take a look at Aaron Shea for the rest of the year. He's already done the H-back role in his career, so he knows the position and responsibilities.

That is if we decide to keep going with this system.
                            if he's out there i definitely wouldnt mind it Aaron Shea is pretty decent is probably one of if not the best option out there....Marcellus Rivers wouldn't be bad either....he could give us some info on the Patriots

Comment

• Night Train
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              Ask and you shall receive;

Dealing with only seniors for the moment the top TE I have is Martin Rucker out of Mizzou, he is a good blend of size and speed. He has great hands, and runs good routes. He is a decent blocker but could improve in that area. Next I have Fred Davis from USC, he is the top ranked TE by many others and will likely go before Rucker next April. He is a pure pass catching TE, he has good speed, great size and good leaping ability. His blocking needs more work than Rucker but he is a more polished receiver. Then there is Jon Carlson at ND, who has really struggled this season, but who on ND hasnt? He was my top pre-season TE but since has taken a shot to his stock for poor routes and poor blocking techniques. He has improved in recent weeks but he's going to need some time. Then the rawest of the senior TE's is Jacob Tamme from UK. But he is also probably the most athletic. He can burn LB one and one, and has the athleticism to go up for jump balls. His blocking, technique, and routes all need a good bit of work but he has a ton of potential.

There are three big name Juniors to watch to see if they come out;
                              Martellus Bennet-Texas A&M-Guy can do it all, and would be a sure fire 1st Rounder
                              Travis Beckum-Wisconsin-My personal favorite TE right now he is a 1st-2nd round type pick
                              Chase Coffman-Missouri-Missouri is lucky to have two incredible TE's to throw to, he is a better receiver than Rucker.

Any questions?
                              Outstanding job.

Comment

Working...
                              X