PDA

View Full Version : Matt Murphy = Torn Calf Muscle

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 06:57 AM
Bills TE Matt Murphy tore his calf on Thursday.
Murphy tore the calf while running a route in practice. He was used as a blocker behind starter Robert Royal. :rant:

Night Train
11-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Time to find another TE to go with Royal & Gaines

Jan Reimers
11-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Time to find another TE to go with Royal & Gaines
At this point, we'll probably have to look on eBay.

Gunzlingr
11-09-2007, 08:00 AM
torn calf? that sounds painful.

NorthCarBills
11-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Would be interested to hear from the likes of Draft Boy what early round TEs would be worth a pick, if any. Honestly, with the ambivalence over which position is most pressing need, a stellar TE or WR is increasingly becoming evident, especially in the red zone.

Night Train
11-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Would be interested to hear from the likes of Draft Boy what early round TEs would be worth a pick, if any. Honestly, with the ambivalence over which position is most pressing need, a stellar TE or WR is increasingly becoming evident, especially in the red zone.

Wisconsin has an awesome TE, Travis Beckum.

WR Brian Robiske of Ohio St. is 6-3, 200 and can really pluck the ball.

DraftBoy
11-09-2007, 08:40 AM

Ask and you shall receive;

Dealing with only seniors for the moment the top TE I have is Martin Rucker out of Mizzou, he is a good blend of size and speed. He has great hands, and runs good routes. He is a decent blocker but could improve in that area. Next I have Fred Davis from USC, he is the top ranked TE by many others and will likely go before Rucker next April. He is a pure pass catching TE, he has good speed, great size and good leaping ability. His blocking needs more work than Rucker but he is a more polished receiver. Then there is Jon Carlson at ND, who has really struggled this season, but who on ND hasnt? He was my top pre-season TE but since has taken a shot to his stock for poor routes and poor blocking techniques. He has improved in recent weeks but he's going to need some time. Then the rawest of the senior TE's is Jacob Tamme from UK. But he is also probably the most athletic. He can burn LB one and one, and has the athleticism to go up for jump balls. His blocking, technique, and routes all need a good bit of work but he has a ton of potential.

There are three big name Juniors to watch to see if they come out;
Martellus Bennet-Texas A&M-Guy can do it all, and would be a sure fire 1st Rounder
Travis Beckum-Wisconsin-My personal favorite TE right now he is a 1st-2nd round type pick
Chase Coffman-Missouri-Missouri is lucky to have two incredible TE's to throw to, he is a better receiver than Rucker.

Any questions?

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2007, 09:15 AM
If the Bills draft a TE on day one, I'll break my TV. It would be like a single-back offense drafting a FB on day one.

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 10:08 AM
If the Bills draft a TE on day one, I'll break my TV. It would be like a single-back offense drafting a FB on day one.
Like the Rams drafting Leonard?

The Answer
11-09-2007, 11:48 AM
The Answer thought we released Troy Vincent?

~The Answer

casdhf
11-09-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm happy with Royal, Schoeman and Gaines. I don't think we need to draft another.

camelcowboy
11-09-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm happy with Royal, Schoeman and Gaines. I don't think we need to draft another.I disagree, we need a athletic tight end who can stretch the field and give us size in the redzone. Schoeman is more of a H-back.

Mr. Pink
11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
I think we should take a look at Aaron Shea for the rest of the year. He's already done the H-back role in his career, so he knows the position and responsibilities.

That is if we decide to keep going with this system.

BILLSROCK1212
11-09-2007, 02:30 PM
I think we should take a look at Aaron Shea for the rest of the year. He's already done the H-back role in his career, so he knows the position and responsibilities.

That is if we decide to keep going with this system.if he's out there i definitely wouldnt mind it Aaron Shea is pretty decent is probably one of if not the best option out there....Marcellus Rivers wouldn't be bad either....he could give us some info on the Patriots

Night Train
11-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Ask and you shall receive;

Dealing with only seniors for the moment the top TE I have is Martin Rucker out of Mizzou, he is a good blend of size and speed. He has great hands, and runs good routes. He is a decent blocker but could improve in that area. Next I have Fred Davis from USC, he is the top ranked TE by many others and will likely go before Rucker next April. He is a pure pass catching TE, he has good speed, great size and good leaping ability. His blocking needs more work than Rucker but he is a more polished receiver. Then there is Jon Carlson at ND, who has really struggled this season, but who on ND hasnt? He was my top pre-season TE but since has taken a shot to his stock for poor routes and poor blocking techniques. He has improved in recent weeks but he's going to need some time. Then the rawest of the senior TE's is Jacob Tamme from UK. But he is also probably the most athletic. He can burn LB one and one, and has the athleticism to go up for jump balls. His blocking, technique, and routes all need a good bit of work but he has a ton of potential.

There are three big name Juniors to watch to see if they come out;
Martellus Bennet-Texas A&M-Guy can do it all, and would be a sure fire 1st Rounder
Travis Beckum-Wisconsin-My personal favorite TE right now he is a 1st-2nd round type pick
Chase Coffman-Missouri-Missouri is lucky to have two incredible TE's to throw to, he is a better receiver than Rucker.

Any questions?

Outstanding job. :bf1:

Yasgur's Farm
11-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Tim Euhus is on the coach I think.