• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

TV Maps

Am I going to see the Bills game this weekend?

Someone please do the research for my lazy ass.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: TV Maps

please delete, I bumped the thread for you.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

I feel its important to leave this thread, so people can see how lazy I am.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

also it wouldve been cooler of you to just say no. You are stuck watching the BS Brown play the Faggy Steelers.
        It was all

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
          Am I going to see the Bills game this weekend?

Someone please do the research for my lazy ass.
          didn't you buy a house? Why haven't you gotten DirecTV yet?
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
            didn't you buy a house? Why haven't you gotten DirecTV yet?
            I had direct tv 3 years ago and hated it. I lost it every rain storm.
            It was all

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

You are stuck watching the BS Brown play the Faggy Steelers.
              No I'm not. I'm going to the Bills Backers Bar.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                No I'm not. I'm going to the Bills Backers Bar.
                The Harp?
                It was all

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

No, it's called Balls. lol

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

that's cuz you had a **** install with poor signal strength.

The only time I ever have problems is during thunderstorms- regular rain doesn't even affect it.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BAM
                      • Sep 2003

I've heard that a lot. Kind of glad I didn't actually switch a little while back!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                        I've heard that a lot. Kind of glad I didn't actually switch a little while back!
                        it's bull****.

I don't have that problem and most other people with DirecTV don't have that problem.

The issue is that DirecTV uses private contractors to install the dish and some are better than others.

You can use the menu in the receivers to view the signal strength. My suggestion is to check it before the installer leaves and don't accept less than 90%. It will work at a much lower percentage in clear weather, but the lower the signal, the more susceptable it is to interference from weather.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• billsburgh
                          • Jul 2003

it takes a pretty severe storm for me lose my DTV. so it's very rare that I do.

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            it's bull****.

I don't have that problem and most other people with DirecTV don't have that problem.

The issue is that DirecTV uses private contractors to install the dish and some are better than others.

You can use the menu in the receivers to view the signal strength. My suggestion is to check it before the installer leaves and don't accept less than 90%. It will work at a much lower percentage in clear weather, but the lower the signal, the more susceptable it is to interference from weather.
                            Possibly. But it's bull---- that a lot of people have gone through, including a few on the BZ.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                              Possibly. But it's bull---- that a lot of people have gone through, including a few on the BZ.
                              well anecdotal evidence isn't exactly valid- you should probably look up some real statistics on it, if there are any. I really don't know.

All I can tell you is my own personal experience- I've had 3 dishes at two different locations ( a regular dish at my old condo, a regular dish where I live now which I upgraded to a 5LNB when I got HD) and I've never had those problems. It sometimes goes out during volatile electrical storms with heavy rain and that's it.

The only other time I had a problem was when a hurricane blew it out of position. At the condo, they didn't want anything bolted to the roof so I had to get a big concrete slab and bolt the dish to that. The hurricane winds weren't strong enough to rip it off the concrete but the dish acted as a sail for the winds and it blew out of position. Considering we get hurricanes like once a decade, I'll take my chances.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X