PDA

View Full Version : ESPN/Mosely chat 11/09 - Hatin on the Bills

The Answer
11-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Xander (Philly): Bills 9-7 and in the playoff hunt?

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif Matt Mosley: Xander: I want to believe, but Darth is headed to town soon, and things could get ugly. I think 8-8 is a more reasonable goal. Love Lynch's work, but not convinced the quarterback position is in good shape.

Xander (Philly): Any chance we can talk about this QB thing in Buffalo? I know neither one is great, but with a great running game and a solid O, all you need is for you Q to not make mistakes, and Losman is learning to do that and Edwards was doing that. The Bills control the clock, so why do they need a star QB?

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif Matt Mosley: Didn't say they needed a star. And yes it's nice to have someone who makes smart decisions with the ball. But at some point you have to make plays downfield to win games, and I'm not convinced they can do that. And don't bring up the Jets because they're awful. I like the Bills' defense. Kelsay and DiGiorgio are huge friends of the program, but all those mighty mites can only hold up for so long.

TK (brooklyn): The colts have a small-quick-athletic defense also, how is Buffalo's defense any different? They make plays and hold opponents to field goals when they get backed into the red zone.

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif Matt Mosley: What? I like the Bills' defense, but Donte Whitner is no Bob Sanders. And the corners for the Colts are better. Who wins the Freeney vs. Schobel matchup? Mathis vs. Kelsay? C'mon TK. Surely you're not serious.

Lenzy(Richmond Va): Do you but into the media bias that fans of every team seem to think exists? Seems Bills fan seem to think Mort poops on Marv and what he has done just cause Mort is friends with Donahoe.Should Mort, or Clayton, or Lenny be objective?, if not should we pay attention to em?

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/sn2.gif Matt Mosley: Listen, we all have people we like across the league. Some (like the guys you mentioned) have developed a huge amount of sources over the years. But the beauty of it is that you can choose who to believe or what to trust.

~The Answer

OpIv37
11-09-2007, 03:27 PM
the only thing that he said that I disagree with is the part about making plays downfield. Losman can do that if Fairchild lets him.

realdealryan
11-09-2007, 03:35 PM
How are the Colts corners better than ours?

And Freeney last year vs. Schobel?

All of the sudden, the Colts defense is some juggernaut that we can't compare with?

OpIv37
11-09-2007, 03:50 PM

All of the sudden, the Colts defense is some juggernaut that we can't compare with?
they're not talking about last year. They're talking about this year. And Freeney has definitely outplayed Schobel this year. The corners you could argue but at the very least, their corners are more experienced in the system.

TigerJ
11-09-2007, 07:41 PM
"But the beauty of it is that you can choose who to believe or what to trust."

So far this season we've heard from the media that Edwards is the man, and Losman is the man, the the Bills' defense is great, that it stinks, that they are headed for the playoffs and they can only beat lousy teams. You can believe who you want, let it eat you up inside, or take it all with a grain of salt.

camelcowboy
11-09-2007, 08:00 PM
who cares, espn sucks anyway.

Goobylal
11-09-2007, 08:01 PM
I couldn't care less what these morons think. I just wish I could read about someone telling Todd McShay that he's a moron for hating on Lynch before and during the draft.

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Losman makes plays downfield, that is a given. No idea what Mosley is talking about, Losman's problem is that he hasn't been the best game manager in which case I believe that he is progressing in that area.

Goobylal
11-09-2007, 08:22 PM
It wasn't JP's fault. Fairchild only LEARNED to install short yardage/outlet receivers when Trent was in the game.

Lexwhat
11-09-2007, 10:00 PM

Please, Schobel is not even in the same class as Freeney. Scoebel had some nice stats last year, but Freeney is probably the most feared pass-rusher in the NFL. Not to mention, Freeney is more physically gifted, and has much better technique, than Schobel.

The only way Freeney slows down is through double and triple teams. And as another poster mentioned, we are tlaking about this year, not last year.

gil
11-09-2007, 10:23 PM
there's only one way to shut these people up and that's to keep winning. If we beat Miami, then we win 4 in a row and they have to pay passing attention to us and then they'll still discount us.

I am certainly out of my mind, but I think if we have a decent game sunday, we can give the evil empire Patsies a game, and then we'll see what this no-name espn commentator has to say.

Of course, our team also could make fools out of themselves and us given our big talk lately, but that's the beauty and tragedy of being a Bills fan.

In any case, let's go Bills!

shelby
11-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Got a link? You need to post links.....
:link:

Night Train
11-10-2007, 07:16 AM
Who is Matt Mosley and since when does his opinion matter ???

Mitchy moo
11-10-2007, 07:56 AM
:link:, shelby is right.