PDA

View Full Version : You Be the NFL Analyst: Did JP Turn the Corner vs the Bengals?

Meathead
11-09-2007, 05:43 PM
and please no dunking

Yasgur's Farm
11-09-2007, 05:50 PM
and please no dunkingDo Oreos count?

Meathead
11-09-2007, 05:58 PM
dink

Yasgur's Farm
11-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Chips ahoy it is...

patmoran2006
11-09-2007, 06:17 PM
No...

He'll turn the corner if he beats up on a sad Miami team on the road like you're supposed to do, and then follows it up with a strong showing against NE (win or lose)

he does that, I think he's turned the corner.. If he doesn't, then its back to being the same old "Coin Flip" Losman.

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Yah, I think so.

BillsFever21
11-09-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't really think it proves anything with him turning the corner. He proved that last year and this year was supposed to be the season he made a big jump.

The first couple games our entire team was horrible, decimated by injuries and trying to overcome the Kevin Everett injury. One of them were against a superior Steelers team on the road that has beat up every offense this season.

Then came the injury from the cheap shot in New England. With Edwards' shotty play and most of incentive expectations are out of the way and can't be met he now gets his chance to prove himself.

It's Losman's time to come together the rest of the season. He needs to be given the rest of the season. It's not good for any QB to have to worry about having a bad play and being benched. Now that he can't meet most of his bonuses he will be given more time.

If the time in the season comes that we are out of it Edwards may be brought back in because it's obvious that Wilson doesn't plan on paying Losman long term. The only thing we can hope for is getting a high first day pick from him.

YardRat
11-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Turning the corner for JP meant starting out the season strong, or at least adequate...something he was unable to do in his other two attempts as the QB on opening day. Unfortunately for everybody, he took the wrong turn once again.

Even if he can manage to repeat the last half of '06, he still hasn't shown anything that we all haven't seen already. He seems to finish well, but trips over his own feet coming out of the gate, and you can't get to the playoffs running from the back of the pack every year.

Maybe we do need both Edwards and Losman for another year...Let TE start the first few games next year when JP traditionally sucks balls, then put Losman in for the second half run.

camelcowboy
11-09-2007, 07:23 PM
It's Losman's time to come together the rest of the season. He needs to be given the rest of the season. It's not good for any QB to have to worry about having a bad play and being benched. Now that he can't meet most of his bonuses he will be given more time.

If losman plays well he keeps his job, if he doesn't then play the other guy. Why should they promise him a season when he's had plenty of time to prove he's the qb for this team. He looked good against the Bengals, he'll probally look good against the dolphins, but i need to see him play well against the pats and other better quality teams. Im sorry JP hasn't proved anything yet, make some plays against teams that dont suck.

TigerJ
11-09-2007, 07:52 PM
He's had games that were pretty close to what he did versus Cincinnati before. I look at it as part of his growth process. Moreover he is part of a team that is in a growth process, rather than an established NFL power. I think he'll be OK, but until both he and the team progress a little further, there will continue to be questions.

HotRod
11-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Did he really turn a corner?.... or the OL turn a corner? It's got to help knowing that you're not going to get slammed in 2 seconds on every down.

I think people get too caught up in a single position.

camelcowboy
11-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Did he really turn a corner?.... or the OL turn a corner? It's got to help knowing that you're not going to get slammed in 2 seconds on every down.

I think people get too caught up in a single position.The passblocking has been good most of the year, but hopefully the runblocking will continue to get better. Very good point though.

hurls
11-10-2007, 06:22 AM
How many Message Boards do you post these questions at Meathead? Just wondering. Already seen this question twice now, where else you have it? I'm not answering everywhere.

Meathead
11-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Sandwich Productions® is recognized as a worldwide leader in message board polling

wherever Sandwich Productions® is polling is cool

vote in a Sandwich Productions® poll and be somebody©

justasportsfan
11-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Hell no. I believe JP will have turned the corner once he leads the team to beat the Pats like he led the team against the bengals. The great manning has time and agian bean beaten by the Pats . Outsmarted by both qb and coach.

The jets and fins have sucked through the years. Beating them is no big deal.Doesn't meean I don't enjoy every win.

the pats have been the elite team in recent yeas and we can't beat their team just like they couldn't beat us in the 90's.. You beat the team, you beat bellichick and Brady. Not a lot of people can do that. If JP can lead us to beat the pats INSPITE of our coaches, you know he has what it takes. It's gotta be on a consistent basis.

Kerr
11-10-2007, 07:13 PM
That remains to be seen.

gr8slayer
11-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Ask me in about six weeks.

Crisis
11-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Hell no. I believe JP will have turned the corner once he leads the team to beat the Pats like he led the team against the bengals. The great manning has time and agian bean beaten by the Pats . Outsmarted by both qb and coach.

The jets and fins have sucked through the years. Beating them is no big deal.Doesn't meean I don't enjoy every win.

the pats have been the elite team in recent yeas and we can't beat their team just like they couldn't beat us in the 90's.. You beat the team, you beat bellichick and Brady. Not a lot of people can do that. If JP can lead us to beat the pats INSPITE of our coaches, you know he has what it takes. It's gotta be on a consistent basis.

manning was also losing to the pats in the AFC championship game.

losman hasn't led us anywhere near the playoffs.

jp atleast needs to look above average against the pats for me to have faith in him, im not expecting a huge performance but if he looks completely lost in that game you can't pull the "oh its the patriots" excuse because losman has never done well vs a good defense

Meathead
11-10-2007, 11:34 PM
i have to admit, although i expect us to be pwnd by the cheats i expect jp to at least not look lost against the evil empire

im pretty confident he can do at least that. not sure the savior could tho. but we shall see

Novacane
11-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Nope. Definately did not turn the corner against the Bengals :lmao:

chernobylwraiths
11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
is it bad that I just voted now?