PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch: A Gentle Giant

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Western New York knows Marshawn Lynch as the hard running Bills' rookie, but at home he's known for something else.

"We all about our family," says Marshawn. And his family begins with his mother, Delisa, who raised Marshawn and his three siblings as a single parent in Oakland, California.

"I was a parent who wasn't gonna lose my kids to the streets. I was just active in their lives. Whenever he wanted to go to a football game, whether it was him or five cousins or friends, we all piled in the Nissan, and we all went to the games, however we had to get there," says Delisa Lynch.

The spotlight has allowed Marshawn to move his little brother and several other family members to Buffalo. He's also bought an apartment here for his mom.

"He's a good son," says Delisa. "He's a good, caring, humble person, and to know is to really love him, because he's a gentle giant."

2 On Your Side's Matt Pearl sat down with Marshawn, and his mother, to get to know both of them. You can watch his complete story Friday night on Channel 2News at 11:00.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=52646

patmoran2006
11-09-2007, 06:18 PM
THe peice on WIVB-TV this morning on him and his mom were great.

His vocab may be a bit on the goofy side, but I don't think he's frontin at all. I think he's very sincere with what he says, and isn't just saying what he does because the cameras are rolling.

YardRat
11-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't think Marshawn needs to worry about saying 'Whooops' because he bought an apartment instead of renting.

Every piece I read, see, or hear just makes me like this kid more and more.

TigerJ
11-09-2007, 07:31 PM
My brother-in-law owns an apartment in Manhattan. It's a ground floor co-op appartment. I imagine Buffalo has those too.

His mannerisms and language are a symptom of where he grew up, but he really is pretty cool. I like him a lot.