PDA

View Full Version : Bad coaching

Nighthawk
11-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Ruff is an outstanding coach, but he is not immune to blame for the way this team is performing. I'm watching a powerplay not get anything going late in the 3rd period and MaCarthur is not given a shot to help out. Why is the leading scorer in the AHL not on the ice when you need a goal??? Is it because wonderful, Mr. Giveaway, Max has to take up ice time? I don't know, but this organization from the owner down to the coach seems to be in a complete fog.

Typ0
11-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Ruff is an outstanding coach, but he is not immune to blame for the way this team is performing. I'm watching a powerplay not get anything going late in the 3rd period and MaCarthur is not given a shot to help out. Why is the leading scorer in the AHL not on the ice when you need a goal??? Is it because wonderful, Mr. Giveaway, Max has to take up ice time? I don't know, but this organization from the owner down to the coach seems to be in a complete fog.

he's giving max a chance to work though is crap before he benches him.

Nighthawk
11-09-2007, 08:55 PM
he's giving max a chance to work though is crap before he benches him.

Ok, I can respect that. However, during this span, you're hurting the team.

JD
11-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Max needs to see the bench for a few games.

Typ0
11-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Ok, I can respect that. However, during this span, you're hurting the team.

I've missed some games...but he was horrible tonight. I've gotten past the frustrations of the game he plays but he's just turning around and giving the puck away now. It's happened to him at times in his career and he's come back and got it together. The whole team is hurting in terms of them figuring out how to play together it's not just max.

camelcowboy
11-09-2007, 09:00 PM
he's giving max a chance to work though is crap before he benches him. Im sick of benching max, just trade him for someone who doesn't hurt this team more then helps it.

Typ0
11-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Im sick of benching max, just trade him for someone who doesn't hurt this team more then helps it.

again it just sounds oversimplified. We have a lot invested in him and he's a good player. We need to get that back not just trade him for a bag of pucks.

Typ0
11-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Im sick of benching max, just trade him for someone who doesn't hurt this team more then helps it.

I do agree though...I'm sick of the game we play with him. It's just a matter of getting something worth it.

Nighthawk
11-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I've missed some games...but he was horrible tonight. I've gotten past the frustrations of the game he plays but he's just turning around and giving the puck away now. It's happened to him at times in his career and he's come back and got it together. The whole team is hurting in terms of them figuring out how to play together it's not just max.

Sorry, but them learning how to play together is no excuse. This is the same team and they've been playing together for 2+ years and 2 long playoff runs. This team is not a bunch of FA players learning each other's tendencies. Not a valid excuse for this team's play. People just have to come to reality and that is that this team isn't good enough. I know a lot of you have fallen in love with these players, but it is obvious that Drury & Briere were the heart & soul of this team. Without them, this team is a shell of it's former self. The sooner this organization figures this out, the better it will get. Right now, we are on a path to nowhere.

Typ0
11-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Sorry, but them learning how to play together is no excuse. This is the same team and they've been playing together for 2+ years and 2 long playoff runs. This team is not a bunch of FA players learning each other's tendencies. Not a valid excuse for this team's play. People just have to come to reality and that is that this team isn't good enough. I know a lot of you have fallen in love with these players, but it is obvious that Drury & Briere were the heart & soul of this team. Without them, this team is a shell of it's former self. The sooner this organization figures this out, the better it will get. Right now, we are on a path to nowhere.

it's a shell of it's former self because we need guys to step into those roles and aren't getting it. In the long run, what we are experiencing now COULD be a positive because maybe we can get away from that fallback mechanism and just work hard to win for a whole game. But it's not happening now.

Nighthawk
11-09-2007, 09:14 PM
it's a shell of it's former self because we need guys to step into those roles and aren't getting it. In the long run, what we are experiencing now COULD be a positive because maybe we can get away from that fallback mechanism and just work hard to win for a whole game. But it's not happening now.

I'm telling you right now...there is NOBODY on this team to lead it through this. This team didn't have that for the playoff run last year WITH Drury & Briere, how the hell do expect that to happen now without them?

Typ0
11-09-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm telling you right now...there is NOBODY on this team to lead it through this. This team didn't have that for the playoff run last year WITH Drury & Briere, how the hell do expect that to happen now without them?

that's what I'm saying about the trades...we aren't just going to go out there and grab the guy we need to make it happen. No other team is going to let that happen. We were too good out of the lockout and teams want to catch up. Beating us down is part of the process.

Philagape
11-09-2007, 09:28 PM
So we're rebuilding.

After a two-year run. :mad:

Typ0
11-09-2007, 09:31 PM
So we're rebuilding.

After a two-year run. :mad:

forced into that from success. We have good players. As fans, we have to trust these guys to find a way to work through it and rise up again. This isn't really rebuilding it's not like the team is gutted. The fact is we have a ton of young talent and we have the core of our team signed for the next few years.

Philagape
11-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Drury and Briere were the core of this team. They made a good team an elite team, and now I can't even say it's a good team. Two shutouts in three games.
And nothing forced their departure except the stooges in the FO.

Typ0
11-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Drury and Briere were the core of this team. They made a good team an elite team, and now I can't even say it's a good team. Two shutouts in three games.

or maybe they were just using us to get to better places. I don't think they made the team anyway. We just aren't as good without them that's all.

Philagape
11-09-2007, 09:51 PM
We just aren't as good without them that's all.

That's the whole point. This team's run was crippled prematurely.

Typ0
11-09-2007, 10:04 PM
That's the whole point. This team's run was crippled prematurely.

how so? Those guys were using the Sabres as a stepping stone. We got value and so did they. It was a win win. They moved on and we have to move on.

Philagape
11-09-2007, 10:23 PM
how so? Those guys were using the Sabres as a stepping stone. We got value and so did they. It was a win win. They moved on and we have to move on.

We didn't get value. Their time here was way too short. Both are in their prime, and we could have locked them up. It's a big fat lose for us, and I don't care what it is for them.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-09-2007, 10:33 PM

Don't bring up Drury and Briere we could have this same record with them here. They chose to leave the FO didn't screw up anything they knew what they were doing!

camelcowboy
11-09-2007, 10:56 PM
how so? Those guys were using the Sabres as a stepping stone. We got value and so did they. It was a win win. They moved on and we have to move on.stepping stones? Stepping stones imply we made progress. A team that won the presidents throphy a team that wasnt shut out all year last season has been shut twice in three games. Below average on offense crappy on defense. This team is average drury and briere werent stepping stones they were our fondation.

Nighthawk
11-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Don't bring up Drury and Briere we could have this same record with them here. They chose to leave the FO didn't screw up anything they knew what they were doing!

I respect people's opinion, but it is obvious that some of you just don't have a clue what you're talking about. It's hard to have a rational conversation with people who just don't have a grasp of what is going on.

Typ0
11-10-2007, 07:12 AM
stepping stones? Stepping stones imply we made progress. A team that won the presidents throphy a team that wasnt shut out all year last season has been shut twice in three games. Below average on offense crappy on defense. This team is average drury and briere werent stepping stones they were our fondation.

no they are the ones that made progress. They used our situation here to get to where they wanted to be. I get the sense they always viewed their situation here as temporary.

Nighthawk
11-10-2007, 08:58 AM
no they are the ones that made progress. They used our situation here to get to where they wanted to be. I get the sense they always viewed their situation here as temporary.

Wrong again. Briere wanted to be here...the organization didn't want him. I don't see where you're coming up with your information.