PDA

View Full Version : To believe in the Bills or not to believe

YardRat
11-10-2007, 05:36 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=302355

Believer: The Bills are on a three-game winning streak, have a 4-4 record and could be 6-2 were it not for losses to Denver and Dallas on last-play field goals.

Skeptic: They got whipped up on by Pittsburgh (26-3) and New England (38-7). They blew a 24-13 lead vs. Dallas in the fourth quarter. Their four victories have been against the Jets (twice), the Bengals and the Ravens -- teams with a combined record of 7-18.

Believer: Coach Dick Jauron has kept the Bills from imploding despite the grim scene of tight end Kevin Everett being wheeled off the field in the season opener with a cervical spine injury that could leave him at least partially paralyzed for life. They also lost three defensive starters -- cornerback Jason Webster, free safety Ko Simpson and rookie linebacker Paul Posluszny (javascript:fantasyPopup('nfl', 8288)) -- and several other players to season-ending injuries.

Skeptic: Injuries are not an excuse. All teams suffer them (OK, few have been hit as hard as Buffalo) and their seasons go on. The teams with the best depth usually manage to hold up.

Believer: Rookie running back Marshawn Lynch (javascript:fantasyPopup('nfl', 8266)) ranks fourth in the league in rushing, Roscoe Parrish (javascript:fantasyPopup('nfl', 7231)) has the second-best punt return average, and the offensive line is starting to jell.

Skeptic: Quarterbacks J.P. Losman (javascript:fantasyPopup('nfl', 6781)) and Trent Edwards (javascript:fantasyPopup('nfl', 8346)), a rookie, have not been effective because they've been shuttled in and out of the lineup due to injuries. The offense ranks 31st overall, 29th in passing and 27th in scoring. The defensive linemen and linebackers are undersized, the cornerbacks are short, and the wide receivers aren't going to win a lot of jump balls.

Believer: NBC must think highly of the Bills. The network has switched their home game against New England from an early afternoon start to a prime-time kickoff on November 18, the first Sunday of flex scheduling.
Skeptic: The peacock pack would have selected the Patriots if they were playing Southwest State Tech Institute.

hurls
11-10-2007, 05:46 AM
I think the Bills could beat Southwest State Tech, tho they have a power "I" game.

Night Train
11-10-2007, 06:52 AM
Believer - The players are performing far better than I imagined. They are a credible coach away from being 6-2, despite all the injuries and obvious roster holes.

Skeptic - Jauron prepares them well but overall makes bad calls on gameday, costing his own team certain wins. Ralph meddles in the QB decision.

Jan Reimers
11-10-2007, 08:01 AM
The Bills are better than a lot of people thought after their 0-3 start, the horrible loss to Dallas, and all of the injuries. The D has rebounded and the O is coming on with JP and some decent playcalling by Fairchild.

However, I still have the nagging feeling that we are more than capable of losing to Miami.

Mitchy moo
11-10-2007, 08:10 AM
However, I still have the nagging feeling that we are more than capable of losing to Miami.

F-that, Miami swims w/ the fishes. :fishy:

Jan Reimers
11-10-2007, 08:16 AM
F-that, Miami swims w/ the fishes. :fishy:
I certainly hope so, but the Dallas and Denver coaching debacles, and the awful offensive playcalling for most of the season, have made me somewhat gun shy.

Mitchy moo
11-10-2007, 08:19 AM
I certainly hope so, but the Dallas and Denver coaching debacles, and the awful offensive playcalling for most of the season, have made me somewhat gun shy.

Any given Sunday but Miami is horrible this year.

BAM
11-12-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm totally starting to Billieve.